Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

StrixNebulosa posted:

Hey byob I just wanted to let you know I really like your forum even if I suck at posting in it.

The secret to Posting Good in BYOB is to :justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

StrixNebulosa posted:

Hey byob I just wanted to let you know I really like your forum even if I suck at posting in it.

this post was a very good post in this forum, making you good at posting here!

any animal friends, allergies or criminal behaviour you'd like to share?

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

StrixNebulosa

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Well right now I'm watching Black Hawk Down with my bf and it's...

Brutal, long, and obviously the inspiration for every military fps ever.

Robot Made of Meat

Jupiter Jazz posted:

I'm glad she's okay!

Her being safe is the important thing.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Robot Made of Meat

StrixNebulosa posted:

You only suck if you DON'T post in it.

And now you have!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

biosterous

i'm glad how wonderful is safe, getting mugged is incredibly lovely :(

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Glutes Are Great posted:

Although it would be sick as hell if I end up being the birthplace of mutated super ants that will soon take over my fridge, then my home, then the city and then the world
That's pretty much an episode of The Outer Limits.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Sending so many good vibes to How Wonderful. How many good vibes am I sending?

________
^^^^^^^^
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
(this many)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
v v v v v v v v

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Goons Are Gifts

Oh no, I love how wonderful and that makes me very angry, all the byob energy in the world for her :smith:

Goons Are Gifts

StrixNebulosa posted:

You just won byob by posting in it!! Now expand your victory by posting even more
Like your pets or crimes or crimes your pets have committed

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
The prize of winning BYOB is a whole new great bunch of friends to post with

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Nothing ruins a mood like Thank You For Being A Friend coming in at the most inopportune time.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Welcome, to my postin'g station

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Wanna sit my butt in that toilet :stwoon:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Posting

Escape From Noise

Kief Richards posted:

Welcome, to my postin'g station

Excellent color choice as well

Goons Are Gifts

yobbers your artistic power is needed, we need to make a very important quilt!! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3951312

nut

I am angry at the mugging but will channel this anger into quilt making

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
I'm sending lots of positive waves to How Wonderful.

Prof. Crocodile

Gail Margot, the yob.

I wanted to let everyone know that I went to the grocery store this morning, and they were playing 'Santa Baby'. I had not heard that song since I was a little Prof. and I didn't realize how incredibly creepy it is.

For those unfamiliar, it is a song sung by a woman with a cartoonishly girly Betty-Boop-style voice who REALLY wants to gently caress Santa Claus.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

More like Santa Daddy

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
Thank you for the nice words everybody, I was really shaken up but maybe the trial by fire is part of the 18 hour probation ritual. I didn't really mind losing my phone and wallet because those are easy enough to replace but I did get roughed up and when they found out I was trans they did and said some pretty un-byob stuff. No permanent harm done though.

I should mention that all this happened while I was on my way to pick up burritos for dinner so GaG please be careful if you decide to pursue this vexed cuisine, you never know what snares and hazards lie along The Path.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

How Wonderful! posted:

Thank you for the nice words everybody, I was really shaken up but maybe the trial by fire is part of the 18 hour probation ritual. I didn't really mind losing my phone and wallet because those are easy enough to replace but I did get roughed up and when they found out I was trans they did and said some pretty un-byob stuff. No permanent harm done though.

I should mention that all this happened while I was on my way to pick up burritos for dinner so GaG please be careful if you decide to pursue this vexed cuisine, you never know what snares and hazards lie along The Path.

I'm glad you're mostly okay. I'm so sorry they hurt you, and I'm sorry they were loving bigots on top of it. We love you. Is there anything we can do to help replace the phone and wallet?

How Wonderful!

Nah we're getting the phone replaced and I already put a hold on my bank account and have a new card on its way. The only stuff I really lost is sentimental stuff I kept in my wallet-- some drawings that a dead friend of mine made years ago and a nice note I got from a student a few years ago, some random family photos that could probably be replaced.

They were just kids so I wasn't even that mad and on top of that I think they were fairly dumb kids because as far as I can tell they didn't do anything with my phone before it got locked down and they didn't make any transactions with my card at all. So they got a bunch of junk and like, coffee shop punch-cards, an expired drivers license, my faculty ID (which I was replacing anyway) and $3 in cash. It's fairly weird to see like-- almost literal kids up to this kind of poo poo and it's more depressing than anything. I would guess they were like 14-16. One of their voices cracked when they said a particular word like they thought a teacher would hear. It was all surreal.

more falafel please

forums poster

How Wonderful! posted:

ugh, gently caress that, I'm so sorry, you don't deserve that.

byob is about being nice to people but I won't extend that courtesy to transphobes. gently caress transphobes

e: anyway I hope today is better than yesterday.

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

more falafel please posted:

byob is about being nice to people but I won't extend that courtesy to transphobes. gently caress transphobes

:hai:

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??

BYOB really is a shining light.
Hope you are doing good/better How Wonderful!, and are able to achieve closure on this incident.

Unrelated, but my daughter is trying to follow in my footsteps. Very proud.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Gail Margot, the yob.

I wanted to let everyone know that I went to the grocery store this morning, and they were playing 'Santa Baby'. I had not heard that song since I was a little Prof. and I didn't realize how incredibly creepy it is.

For those unfamiliar, it is a song sung by a woman with a cartoonishly girly Betty-Boop-style voice who REALLY wants to gently caress Santa Claus.

you might wanna sit down, professor, I have some news for you about who Santa really is...

Derpies

by sebmojo

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Pls post the enchiladas so that GaG can see them and perhaps try to find some in Germany. We must spread the gospel of Mexican food to the far corners of the earth...

...like this guy is doing

I'll get to this later when I make em into enchiladas

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Okay grocery list for GaG:

-a can of the good chile verde (28oz)
-a can of the good chile roja (28oz)
-corn tortillas
-epazote (season you are beans)
-chili arbol
-chili New Mexico (specifically The Charger from Hatch)
-a secret
-the recipes

Escape From Noise

Bleh. Feeling really stuck again. But if anything's going to change it won't be until after the new year.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

:glomp: SWR, I know you are having a bad time, but we love you. Hang in there. Stuff will be coming your way soon.

Escape From Noise

I mean it's not that bad I guess. Just feel like I'm going to basically piss away two years of my life and chances at professional development in my field. I mean, it could be worst but it makes me incredibly frustrated when I think about it sometimes.

How Wonderful!

I know that feeling and how much it sucks, but I'm also confident that in a lot of cases those periods of doldrum and feeling directionless are secretly periods of huge personal growth and coming to better clarity about what you want and need. I think you'll really come through this and find yourself in a better spot than ever.

I also want you to know that initially I had a long metaphor here about bear poop during hibernation but I got confused about how bears work and decided I didn't want to risk spreading misinformation about bear asses and their own woes.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Please, as a bear rear end scientist, I need any and all hot takes about bear asses.

Escape From Noise

We'll see. Like I said, could be worse, but I just want to work. poo poo. Maybe not even in my field since nobody is really hiring at the moment.

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

:hai:

SIDS Vicious

i painted my kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Sid Vicious posted:

i painted my kids

Omg these are really good, Sid!!!! You should have those framed and put them up in the house!