Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

eke out posted:

yeah the increasing trend of "every single podcast has its own patreon" is not sustainable. i'm glad HH is going to the existing flagrant ones patreon

Yeah it's a bit chaotic, hopefully in the future there'll be a single source we can all listen to premium podcasts from for a single fee.

Wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Burning all of Mike Detective onto a CD and burying it safely in the desert.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

Burning all of Mike Detective onto a CD and burying it safely in the desert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyVKYsMxneo

Also what was the sketch show on Comedy Central a long time ago that was also, "Exit (something)"
E: Exit 57. I don't know why I couldn't find it before.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Riptor posted:

the fact the wolf dead was super clear when kulap started her show on not-earwolf

Eh, Aukerman has been a non-owner of Earwolf far longer than he was an owner. Not the biggest shock that two non-comedians who aren't big names went with a different network. Especially since he knows the inner workings of what's going on even if he's no longer making business decisions for the company.

Also podcast networks don't mean anything anymore.

It looks like Culture Kings is done on Earwolf too. Edgar Momplaisir said on the most recent ep with PFT that he's leaving the show and Jacquis Neal sounded unsure whether he was continuing or not.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I presume the CCO title Scott holds is probably Chief Content Officer, so I’m sure the very smart board will decide this must all be his fault and fire him at some point.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I am up in March, and the main reason I have stitcher premium is the boys and Gino Lombardo. I don’t mind ads on things like that Office Ladies, but I hope Gino gets off there as well so I can cancel away.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I've never posted a Reddit link here but this has most the details for Handbook and TFO https://www.reddit.com/r/Earwolf/co...utm_name=iossmf

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
ok neat. excited for this.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

The Reality Show Show masters gotta be locked down

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

very excited for whatever Carl Calls His Cousin is

also i might actually pay the extra few bucks for videos of everything, the few recorded HHs out there are so loving good

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

also huge congrats to the boys on their nomination for the iheartradio awards, which is actually real lol

Best Ad Read:

• “Comedy Bang Bang” (Earwolf / Scott Aukerman)
• “Conan O’Brien Needs A Friend” (Team Coco/Earwolf)
• “Hollywood Handbook” (Earwolf)
• “Office Ladies” (Earwolf / Stitcher)
• “Revisionist History” (Pushkin Industries)

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Something I've always been meaning to ask: who is Laci Mosley? and what right does she have to call herself the goddess of scam??

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

gonna be a little disappointed if the final earwolf pro version isnt them dragging in colin and the lawyer to negotiate their exit from earwolf

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

eke out posted:

very excited for whatever Carl Calls His Cousin is

Carl Calls His Cousin is a must-cop for Laker fans

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

eke out posted:

also huge congrats to the boys on their nomination for the iheartradio awards, which is actually real lol

Best Ad Read:

I haven't listened to three of those but the bar must be pretty low if Scott's ad reads are nominated

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

piratepilates posted:

Something I've always been meaning to ask: who is Laci Mosley? and what right does she have to call herself the goddess of scam??

She has no right, yet does so anyway. Thus, by scamming her way into the position of goddess she justifies her own title

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

eke out posted:

Best Ad Read:

The Doughboys got fuckin' snubbed.

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
“Best ad read” is a strange and awkward thing to have a reward for. Like if there was an Oscar for best product placement.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Mr. Grumpybones posted:

“Best ad read” is a strange and awkward thing to have a reward for. Like if there was an Oscar for best product placement.

well,

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Mr. Grumpybones posted:

Funky factable: the human penis is almost two inches

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
These awards are so exclusive that hollywood handbook was nominated for only one, or maybe even none, of them.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Consummate Professional posted:

Funky factable: the human penis is almost two inches

Not spelled penus

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

SpacePig posted:

These awards are so exclusive that hollywood handbook was nominated for only one, or maybe even none, of them.

They can't, or won't, win an award?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
That entire awards lineup is a joke and I would like to congratulate Nicole Beyer in advance for losing to Michelle Obama

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Watching the HDTGM live stream, and Jess St Clair has never been more of an actual cartoon character. Ridiculous.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe
As Earwolf implodes, at least we got indirect confirmation of who the UTTHTMTH chicken Caesar salad story was about :

https://mobile.twitter.com/scottaukerman/status/1337227773392244737

Tiny Lister

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

The Bunk posted:

As Earwolf implodes, at least we got indirect confirmation of who the UTTHTMTH chicken Caesar salad story was about :

Tiny Lister

😱does this mean skylar astin was wrongfully accused??

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Hahahaha no way! That's even funnier because I've heard nothing but good things about Tiny Lister, before and after his death.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

piratepilates posted:

😱does this mean skylar astin was wrongfully accused??

Or maybe this is a veiled threat, and Scott is gonna murder him.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

The Bunk posted:

Tiny Lister

drat I never would have guess that

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Drunkboxer posted:

drat I never would have guess that

But now I can picture it.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The Bunk posted:

Tiny Lister

All I can say is :wow:

never saw that one coming.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
What was the salad story?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

whydirt posted:

What was the salad story?

All Scott would say at the time was that one guest star on the CBB TV show was "difficult" to work with, and it started as soon as he arrived on set. They walked in, tossed their personal effects at the nearest PA and demanded a chicken Caesar salad immediately. Supposedly it only got worse from there.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

All Scott would say at the time was that one guest star on the CBB TV show was "difficult" to work with, and it started as soon as he arrived on set. They walked in, tossed their personal effects at the nearest PA and demanded a chicken Caesar salad immediately. Supposedly it only got worse from there.

A chicken Caesar salad that was not available for catering, so a PA had to find a local restaurant and pick one up just for them. The way the person was described as doing this was by stepping out of the car, and immediately shouting to the friendly PA there to greet them, "CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD".

One of Scott's friends who hadn't been aware of the story also told him about the same thing happening on a different production, and it turns out it was the same person -- so they have a pattern of harassing PAs for chicken Caesar salads.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Oh I’d actually heard that one and had forgotten about it in the haze of the pandemic.

So RIP/lmao I guess

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Maybe it was like Van Halen and brown M&M's and it was a weird way to test crew.
Or he was just a dick.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
How Did This Get Played covered Hypnospace Outlaw, which I loved and I believe is a goon game. Dunno about the male guest though.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Piquai Souban posted:

How Did This Get Played covered Hypnospace Outlaw, which I loved and I believe is a goon game. Dunno about the male guest though.

How spoiler-heavy is it? It's been on my list of games to play for a while but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

I really like HDTGP until they cover a game I haven't played, which means a week I have to skip. I only got to listen to like 3 of their Kojember episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
No spoilers I noticed, to the point that I wondered who made it to the endgame.