Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Yeah its totally higher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jagged Jim posted:

To: jroehl

Then we no longer have a Constitution.

8 posted on 12/11/2020 3:39:09 PM PST by Ben Hecks (Don't Google it - Duck it!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Lol, the irony of wanting to overturn an election because your guy lost is constitutional.

Scratch Monkey posted:

I thought these people were all about states rights

It is, it is. The original version though, back before 1865 when you could own certain colored people and treat them like animals, beat their wives and tell other women to shut up, and be applauded for being an excellent human being and gentleman for acting like a douche bag.
Freepers want an excuse to be the lovely people they are and condemn/beat/murder others for shunning them over it

Finnankainen posted:

He's getting it!

Don't get too excited, they're feverishly pounding the "A" key on that one as it is the obvious correct answer

Finnankainen posted:

the most free, most Christian, most humane, fairest Country in the entire world

I wish i lived in a country like this...sans the Christian part. But this is definitely not what the US is and hasn't been for its entire existence

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Dec 13, 2020

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
For the record, the part I was saying was mental illness isn't the racism or hatred or desire for violence, they own that regardless of their mental health, since there are many people with mental illness who are not hateful bigoted assholes. It was, specifically, the idea that everyone is out to get "their side" and that any time anyone does anything they don't like, it's because there's a grand conspiracy to oppose them, and that anyone who deviates from what they consider "the correct politics" is evil incarnate.

That said, I admit that it's definitely wrong for me to armchair diagnose them, and do understand how it can harm and marginalize mental illness, so I apologize and I'll try not to do that again.

Weird Uncle Dave
Sep 2, 2003

I could do this all day.

Buglord

Lord Hydronium posted:

Freep: America just got aborted.

Ah yes, the 977th trimester late term abortion.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Weird Uncle Dave posted:

Ah yes, the 977th trimester late term abortion.

Does that imply America has yet to be born?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Life begins at tricentennial.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

NecroBob posted:

Coming off a four year hiatus, is savagesusie even still around?

last post:

quote:

6/21/2018, 8:47:49 PM · 23 of 28
savagesusie to higgmeister

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
LOL. Freep gonna be mad about baseball.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

What happened?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Xiahou Dun posted:

What happened?

The Cleveland Indians are gonna change their name.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Grondoth posted:

The Cleveland Indians are gonna change their name.

God I hope the Atlanta Braves and their stupid racist hatchet chop are next.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

well, okay, but let's all keep in mind that a chief is a generic title not specific to any place or ethnicity and can in no way be construed as offensive

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Kavak posted:

God I hope the Atlanta Braves and their stupid racist hatchet chop are next.
Braves is one of those that could in theory be fine cause it's the name of an actual occupation rather than just a straight slur. Unfortunately you have everything else about their branding.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Mantis42 posted:

well, okay, but let's all keep in mind that a chief is a generic title not specific to any place or ethnicity and can in no way be construed as offensive

Dad?!?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mantis42 posted:

This ain't it, chief.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The Chiefs don’t even use the Chiefs logo in any real way they should have changed it years ago

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
Ask and ye shall receive

The Cleveland Baseball Team? Indians will be dropping their iconic nickname over social justice idiocy

quote:

To: SeekAndFind
At this point, put a Hindu guy on the cap and that Indian would be more relevant to 21st century Ohio

Keep the nickname

7 posted on 12/13/2020, 8:21:31 PM by campaignPete R-CT (Committee to Re-Elect the President ( CREEP ) )

quote:

Cleveland Bone Thugs-N-Harmony. One of the greatest rap groups of all time who hailed from Cleveland.
13 posted on 12/13/2020, 8:26:27 PM by Extremely Extreme Extremist (Trust the plan of the 17th letter of the English alphabet!)

quote:

To: VideoDoctor
The Cleveland Cucks

15 posted on 12/13/2020, 8:29:06 PM by Bobalu (Trump will either be the next President or the last President)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

wipe every vestige of indians from the country!....how dare we honor them with our catchy names....
I like the Cleveland Poles or maybe the Cleveland Cossacks or the Cleveland Goths....

19 posted on 12/13/2020, 8:31:45 PM by cherry (TRUMP WON!)

quote:

“Cleveland Indigenous People” is kinda clunky.

24 posted on 12/13/2020, 8:39:01 PM by beethovenfan (Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin)

quote:

Amazing. If an inveterate racist wanted to eliminate all pop-culture reference to non-white culture in America, he couldn’t do a better job than these idiots are doing.

47 posted on 12/13/2020, 10:08:46 PM by Antoninus (The press has lost the ability to persuade. They retain the ability to foment a panic.)

quote:

The idiot left and chickenshit corporate lackies are actually going to completely eliminate any knowledge or positive representations of Native Americans.

48 posted on 12/13/2020, 10:11:49 PM by PGR88
:clegg:

quote:

I wouldn’t be offended if they call themselves the “Cleveland Caucasians.”

55 posted on 12/13/2020, 10:48:28 PM by thegagline

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

quote:

I wouldn’t be offended if they call themselves the “Cleveland Caucasians.”

55 posted on 12/13/2020, 10:48:28 PM by thegagline

They've almost figured out that the meaning of a word is derived from context rather than from some intrinsic value. It's so frustrating when they get this close to understanding something but never truly do.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I’m in favour of the Cleveland Goths ngl

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Scratch Monkey posted:

They've almost figured out that the meaning of a word is derived from context rather than from some intrinsic value. It's so frustrating when they get this close to understanding something but never truly do.

I promise you they have not almost figured that out.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I’m in favour of the Cleveland Goths ngl

Cleveland Big Tiddy Goth GFs

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

The Chiefs don’t even use the Chiefs logo in any real way they should have changed it years ago

The arrowhead? Yes they do.

Also arrowheads aren't racially coded either.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

DarklyDreaming posted:

On any other right-wing website I'd assume this attitude was from Southern evangelicals raised on Chick Tracts and thinly veiled pro-segregationist sermons, but it would not surprise me in the least if it was entirely because Biden is Catholic :v:

This is reddit so I'm assuming atheist libertarians are a big part of it.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Scratch Monkey posted:

There was a high school where the Native American students successfully got their sports team names changed to "The Fightin Whities"

tbh I think that kinda owns

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008

Cythereal posted:

This is reddit so I'm assuming atheist libertarians are a big part of it.

They got kicked off of Reddit a while ago and have had their own Reddit clone for a while.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I have no idea how to read those threads. It's impenetrable

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Finnankainen posted:

Cleveland Bone Thugs-N-Harmony. One of the greatest rap groups of all time who hailed from Cleveland.
13 posted on 12/13/2020, 8:26:27 PM by Extremely Extreme Extremist (Trust the plan of the 17th letter of the English alphabet!)

I'm all in for the Cleveland Crossroads

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's actually really clever, Karma. Like, it's perfect for Ohio.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
The Cleveland River Fires.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Presto posted:

The Cleveland River Fires.

Their roller derby league is called Burning River Roller Derby. (One team is the Cleveland Steamers.)

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

"Ladies and gentlemen, creepin' on a come up, the Cleveland Baseball Team"

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Cleveland Apache Attack Helicopters with 7th inning stretch where one hovers over the field firing baseballs to the audience

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
The Cleaveland Freepers!
Rolls of the tongue awfully.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Maybe baseball and hockey and American football should stop giving their teams stupid names as if they’re preteen boys trying to impress their friends

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Scratch Monkey posted:

I have no idea how to read those threads. It's impenetrable

TheDonald is all the people too terminally irony poisoned to exist around others. They can only communicate now in their own slang and slurs filtered through performative outrage and threats of violence.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Jay Rust posted:

Maybe baseball and hockey and American football should stop giving their teams stupid names as if they’re preteen boys trying to impress their friends

Toronto Leafs
Montréal Canadiens
Vancouver Canucks

I’m casting the first stone at canadian hockey

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I'm guessing they meant more like how most soccer teams are just named [City that the soccer team plays for], e.g. the team for Munich is just called Bayern-Munich. ("Bayern" means Bavaria, the region that Munich is the capital of.)

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Half my family live in BaWü but thanks for the explanation of what Bavaria is

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Half my family live in BaWü but thanks for the explanation of what Bavaria is

Does anyone truly know? Like birds, the concept of Bavaria is an unfathomable mystery. We just don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be lovely. I just didn't expect most of the thread to know the German-language names for regions and was trying to be clear.