Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

piL posted:

Saving these seven syllables for a haiku.

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Yeah there's been a bunch of stories about Rahm being considered for Transportation Secretary and how he'd be a good fit... which have mostly come out of Chicago media outlets with very non-specific language and/or zero sources that aren't very obviously Rahm himself. It's pretty transparent that Rahm wants some job, any job in the upcoming position (Cabinet level if he can get it, but I have the feeling he'll take pretty much anything that gets him in the building), and he does still have allies in the party. But his main character trait of "being a giant rear end in a top hat" hasn't endeared him to a lot of people, his tenure as Obama's Chief of Staff was both controversial and self-sabotaging, and that's before you get to his actual tenure as Mayor of Chicago the massive poo poo show that was. Considering how many people loathe him (especially progressives), I don't think there's much chance he'll actually end up with a job, and almost certainly not anything that requires Senate confirmation.

Yeah seriously I'd rather have Chao again. Although from otoh she wasn't really horrible (well besides in marriage) in Transport (can't comment on her labor sec run under Bush, but I can't imagine most like any rules she put in there), although I don't know enough to compare her to say Mattis or Gottlieb, who I think were actually good. But yeah Rahm can stay in Chicago for the rest of his life.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Rahm and Biden are ideologically close and they worked together for years, and liberals who are both rich and not black (so the liberals who make the decisions) like him still, so I'll be pleasantly surprised if Rahm doesn't end up in the admin. Ditto Cuomo. I think the Cuomo accusations are going to be a good test on if Me too is on ideological hiatus or not.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Best Friends posted:

Rahm and Biden are ideologically close and they worked together for years, and liberals who are both rich and not black (so the liberals who make the decisions) like him still, so I'll be pleasantly surprised if Rahm doesn't end up in the admin. Ditto Cuomo. I think the Cuomo accusations are going to be a good test on if Me too is on ideological hiatus or not.

The NAACP and AFL-CIO both hate Rahm and they're old influential liberal orgs so I wouldn't be so sure.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

God I hope so.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Best Friends posted:

That may be true, but I think Rahm is pretty goddamn toxic.

Like seriously Joe if you want to add diversity to the cabinet (being that Rahm's Jewish), I'm sure you can find other people and even Jewish people before you need to go to Rahm.

Actual awesome choice for a Cabinet spot would be John Fetterman, but I don't want him to get distracted from Toomey's Senate Seat.

Stultus Maximus posted:

The NAACP and AFL-CIO both hate Rahm and they're old influential liberal orgs so I wouldn't be so sure.

Yeah honestly Rahm is probably one of the few people you could get the NAACP and the NRA to agree with about. :lol:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
these are all good points, but Biden's team has been beginning to signal pretty hard they're ready to say gently caress you to every group that helped get them in to office between Rahm's name even being mentioned, totally ignoring BLM, Biden snapping on activists asking him to come through on his promises, etc in pursuit of slaps on the back and beers with their GOP colleagues who will any day come to their senses

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Dec 13, 2020

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

these are all good points, but Biden's team has been beginning to signal pretty hard they're ready to say gently caress you to every group that helped get them in to office between Rahm's name even being mentioned, totally ignoring BLM, Biden snapping on GA activists asking him to come through on his promises, etc in pursuit of slaps on the back and beers with their GOP colleagues who will any day come to their senses
This is 100% what is to be expected with Biden. He is to the right of Eisenhower.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Since Biden is the President Elect is discussing how much he sucks now a CE?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

PeterCat posted:

There is a thread for that topic.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

PeterCat posted:

Yes

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The thing I really want to hear from Biden is what his plan is for bringing the Mexican Pizza back to Taco Bell.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Midjack posted:

The thing I really want to hear from Biden is what his plan is for bringing the Mexican Pizza back to Taco Bell.

gently caress. Yes. I will fight that fight with you.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Midjack posted:

Wait, they got rid of it???

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Basticle posted:

Welcome to Donald Trump's America.

That reminds me, remember in 2016 when some dipshit said if Clinton won we'd get a burrito stand on every corner? gently caress, I wish that were remotely true cause it would have owned.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Handsome Ralph posted:

Welcome to Donald Trump's America.

That reminds me, remember in 2016 when some dipshit said if Clinton won we'd get a burrito stand on every corner? gently caress, I wish that were remotely true cause it would have owned.

With this timeline it would’ve been the ones from Trump Tower.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
APT29/Cozy Bear is at it again.

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1338225953567367169

https://twitter.com/Bing_Chris/status/1338228507634176000

Not a whole lot of what was *actually* taken, but it sure doesn't sound good! Some rumors that Office 365's authentication got breached so lots of emails were read.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

APT29/Cozy Bear is at it again.

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1338225953567367169

https://twitter.com/Bing_Chris/status/1338228507634176000

Not a whole lot of what was *actually* taken, but it sure doesn't sound good! Some rumors that Office 365's authentication got breached so lots of emails were read.

https://www.fireeye.com/blog/products-and-services/2020/12/fireeye-shares-details-of-recent-cyber-attack-actions-to-protect-community.html

Someone sold the fireeye tools then i guess.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Email compromise also allows for some entertaining/profitable/useful social engineering from the pwned accounts.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Midjack posted:

Biden doesn't like Mexican.

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/13/944791054/on-immigration-activists-demands-may-exceed-biden-realities

Theresa Cardinal Brown, the director of immigration and cross-border policy at the Bipartisan Policy Center and a former senior adviser on immigration in both the Bush and Obama administrations, says the Biden administration must be careful not to unwind Trump's restrictions too quickly before getting its own processing system in place — or it will risk a new surge at the border.

"They can't say, 'Oh, wait, migrants — don't arrive just yet. We're not going to be nasty to you. But don't come for another two months so we can get this in place.' Like, that's not how it works," she said.

The administration can't just stop enforcing immigration laws, Brown said.

PeterCat fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Dec 13, 2020

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Basticle posted:

Yeah, their CEO is cutting the number of ingredients in stock to juice profits so the Mexican Pizza went away in early November.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Florida basically lost last night (college football) because of this 15-yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct:

https://twitter.com/TravisAllen02/status/1337974949324222471

I'm linking that exact tweet because:

https://twitter.com/BrianMFloyd/status/1338217640578306048

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

https://twitter.com/JonnyGeller/status/1338239733638508547?s=20

Lake of Methane fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Dec 14, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
gently caress YOU 2020

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Best Friends posted:

I think the Cuomo accusations are going to be a good test on if Me too is on ideological hiatus or not.

lmao that poo poo is dead and you wont hear about it so long as Biden is President

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Proud Christian Mom posted:

lmao that poo poo is dead and you wont hear about it so long as Biden is President

Shut up.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

oh man, gently caress :smith:

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

You voted for him.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Stop being assholes or don't post.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I mean Biden keeps talking about Garcetti and that mfer enabled some sexual assault so vOv

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Continuing to have a normal healthy democracy here
https://twitter.com/RepHertel/status/1338250529365954560

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/dwnews/status/1338307153816211456?s=20

Sure would be cool if the US did this so I could donate blood they don't want my blood since they have enough A+

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

That’s the spirit.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Nick Soapdish posted:

Sure would be cool if the US did this so I could donate blood they don't want my blood since they have enough A+

Not quite that ( :( ) but apparently the FDA finally relaxed most of the restrictions on folks who were deployed in Europe over 1980-1996 (minus the UK) earlier this year:

https://www.fda.gov/media/124156/download

FDA posted:

1. Donor Deferral for Geographic Risk of BSE Exposure

FDA developed a quantitative risk assessment based on a global geographic risk-ranking model (Ref.32) that estimated the contributions of donors potentially exposed to BSE in various countries. The model evaluated both risk reduction and donor loss resulting from the current geographic donor deferral policy compared with alternative deferral options. The model also evaluated the potential additional risk reduction afforded by leukocyte reduction of RBC. The model indicated that U.K., Ireland, and France, the three countries with the most attributed vCJD cases and BSE-related risk, contributed 95% of the total risk exposure in the U.S. Estimating that about 95% of RBC currently transfused in the U.S. are leukocyte-reduced, the model predicted that deferring donors only for time spent in the U.K., Ireland, and France would maintain a predicted level of blood safety similar to that achieved with the current policy (Ref. 32). Based on these results, we recommend indefinite deferral only of donors who spent time in the U.K., Ireland, and France.

We maintain the recommendation in the 2016 guidance to defer prospective donors who report receiving a blood transfusion in France or the U.K. We also recommend deferral for transfusion in Ireland from 1980-present to align the deferrals for blood transfusion with the geographic deferrals for time spent in the U.K., France,and Ireland (Ref. 32).

We recommend that donors previously deferred for geographic risk for time spent in other European countries can be assessed for requalification using the revised recommendations for vCJD geographic deferrals and may be eligible for reentry.

2. Donor Deferral for Potential Exposure to U.K.-Sourced Beef on U.S. Military Bases

In the 2016 guidance, we recommended that prospective donors should be deferred based on cumulative time spent on U.S. military bases in Europe from 1980-1996. The deferrals were first recommended in 2001 because some U.S. military bases in Northern Europe sourced beef from the U.K. between 1980 and 1990 and military bases elsewhere in Europe between 1980 to 1996 (Ref.33). During this time, over 4.4 million military personnel and civilians might have ingested beef obtained from the U.K. on military bases in Europe; however, there have been no reported cases of vCJD in the intervening 20 years. This observation supports that the risk associated with time spent on U.S. military bases in Europe is different from the country-based risk calculations for time spent in the U.K., France, and Ireland that was based on the number of BSE-related vCJD cases in those countries. Therefore, we no longer recommend deferral of individuals for time spent on U.S. military bases in Europe.

We recommend that donors previously deferred for time spent on military bases in Europe can be assessed for requalification and may be eligible for reentry.

Haven't been able to donate for years even though I'm a universal donor since I spent a couple years in Germany as a kid in the late 80s.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
The government hack is so so much worse than just some emails.

The Russians apparently got so deep into Solarwinds that they had their code signing certificates and build chain. So they just plopped a dll file of their RAT, signed it, and wrapped it up into all the outgoing updates of the software. Solarwinds happily shot their code out to wherever they wanted.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KimZetter/status/1338305089597964290

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

https://mobile.twitter.com/nytimes/status/1338293969696985096

Yay! Good call.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Nick Soapdish posted:

this is mostly vampire capitalism forcing a change because too much potential product is being left on the table - human blood is the UK's 11th largest export.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Change it to the steamers!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The Washington Football Team still doesn’t have a permanent name.

Or does it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The Swamp Monsters.

They can license Scooby Doo characters for mascots.