Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

That story needs to be in the next GIP book.

e. and in defense of the NCO who told him to put it there I'm betting it wasn't meant literally.

Guest2553 fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Dec 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Like, it's a fired round, if it was close enough to not arm shouldn't it have killed him. Did he pick up a dud and shove it up his own rear end??

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Flikken posted:

Like, it's a fired round, if it was close enough to not arm shouldn't it have killed him. Did he pick up a dud and shove it up his own rear end??

I was wondering that too, and then reparsed "launched grenade" as "a grenade of the type fired out of a launcher, rather than a hand grenade" rather than "this particular grenade has been launched".

Also: I guess the moral of the story is people should put proper buttplugs in care packages

Hyperlynx fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Dec 13, 2020

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Just give everyone everything first thing at basic. Buttplug, sounding rod, dildo, fleshlight, fursuit, set of restraints, some sort of choking device that opens itself once you pass out, fuckin EVERYTHING

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Hyperlynx posted:

I was wondering that too, and then reparsed "launched grenade" as "a grenade of the type fired out of a launcher, rather than a hand grenade" rather than "this particular grenade has been launched".

Yeah, that's how it was meant to be understood. The doc got it, though in retrospect "grenade bullet" might've been a little clearer.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

lmao. it was this whole bit, but with eod instead of the janitor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7-jC3SuvSM&t=237s

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I am definitely no expert but I feel like the x-ray machine had a non-zero chance of exciting the round enough to make it go boom, and that would've been... something.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Story.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

How the gently caress did that get there in that orientation

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Back, and to the left
Back, and to the left
Back, and to the left

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Suntan Boy posted:

"chocolate mousse fired from a blunderbuss"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnMhJU6RsYU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Suntan Boy posted:

Military ERs are always a special flavor of batshit, in a medical field rife with WTF stories.

My patient one night was brought in from the field by their medic, complaining of abdominal pain for 2 days, and unable to poo poo for 3. He looked ok, other than clearly being profoundly uncomfortable. The medic had tried a short regimen of stool softeners, to no avail, and their aid station had given him a bottle of magnesium citrate to chug, which just made it hurt more. Even when he was alone in the room with one of the staff, dude didn't let on that he knew exactly what the problem was, and it wasn't the steady diet of MREs and dehydration.

"Belly hurts, can't poo poo" isn't particularly unusual for Joe, but it does warrant an x-ray as a matter of course. Woke up the tech, who wheeled the patient off to do their thing. After they came back, the tech pulls us off to the side.

"He's got a dildo or something stuck up there, but it's weird; I can't see any batteries or plastic. Here, take a look."

Gathered around the computer, we start trying to figure out the object jammed in this man's rectum. Completely opaque, so probably metal or ceramic... north end has a blunt taper... measures about 40mm by 45mm...

"Oh gently caress," one of my newbie medics breathed. "That's a 203 round."

"Oh gently caress," the rest of the army folks in the room agreed. "It's a launched grenade," I explained to to nonplussed doctor. After a moment's consideration, "Oh gently caress."

To his credit, the doctor did not stride back into that patient's room like his rear end in a top hat had just tried to vacuum up a chair cushion. He did scoot out of there with a quickness once he'd confirmed what it was, and that there was no way he'd be able to get it out right there. A flurry of phone calls followed: the doctor with the surgeon, the charge nurse with several levels of department and hospital leadership, and myself with EOD. Every conversation went pretty much the same: sleepy disbelief, laughter, "oh poo poo, I/we'll be right there". Fortunately, he was the only patient in the entire building, so evacuating everyone amounted to half a dozen disgruntled staff in the parking lot in the middle of the night.

After some uneventful waiting, the EOD and surgical teams arrived, wheeled dude to the operating room, and got to work. It was reportedly asses-to-elbows with both groups in there at the same time, but they got the round out mostly without incident. "Mostly", because dude's bowels had been corked for 3 days, and all those MREs suddenly had an exit route; the immediate aftermath was best described as "chocolate mousse fired from a blunderbuss". The round was whisked away by the EOD crew, and dude was quietly disappeared after a brief stint in the recovery ward. No idea what happened to either one of them, sadly.

NTC was a weird place.

This seems like a perfect subplot of the pilot of a reboot of M*A*S*H.

Also I have cross-posted this to the appropriate threads in other subforums. The world must know.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Man I thought I had a semi interesting story about finding a bunch of 5.56 in a psych dudes socks but that takes the cake.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nice and hot piss posted:

Man I thought I had a semi interesting story about finding a bunch of 5.56 in a psych dudes socks but that takes the cake.

:justpost:

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This seems like a perfect subplot of the pilot of a reboot of M*A*S*H.

Also I have cross-posted this to the appropriate threads in other subforums. The world must know.

M*A*S*H with the cast and writers of Scrubs would be amazing, and amazingly accurate.

I am curious what GWS take on that story is.

Suntan Boy fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Dec 13, 2020

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Suntan Boy posted:

M*A*S*H with the cast and writers of Scrubs would be amazing, and amazingly accurate.

:allears:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Had to check thread to find out the context of the new thread title. Was not disappointed.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Yes but Green Wing not scrubs

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
If you think about it, being stuck at NTC and looking down the barrel of a deployment, it's not a bad way for a person with the right amount of intestinal fortitude to get his chapter

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Do they not provide sex ed as part of basic? 'cause they really should...

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I remember they handed out condoms on basic and make you sign GO#1 before deploying as an institutional CYA, but that's it really. There are only so many kool aid drinkers out there the state needs a subclass of perpetually bad decision makers addicted to their only shot at a stable income. All velocity of that money is also pretty rapid before uncle sam gets it back through taxes or civil asset forfeiture.

brains
May 12, 2004

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Do they not provide sex ed as part of basic? 'cause they really should...

clearly it's not being provided as part of 203 training, either

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

brains posted:

clearly it's not being provided as part of 203 training, either

Where in the technical orders does it say 'not for internal use' then, smrt guy? :smug:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I feel this belongs here

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Sausage on the top

Grenade in the bottom

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

James Woods posted:

40x45mm? So just the explosive projectile and not the 203 shell casing. So I guess he was going to town on himself with a live round and holding it by the rim of the casing, clenched up when he came and pulled back a spent shell. Even if he'd succeeded in shiting it out he'd have been leaving unexploded ordnance in the latrine. I'd love to see the officer's incident report on this.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I feel this belongs here

Alright, I'll bite.

1) Why is the hot dog going on a piece of white bread instead of hot dog bun?

2) Why are the onions rings and not diced as is customary for onions on hot dogs?

3) What specifically warranted such a specific poster about such a weirdly specfic sandwich?

I will say, I think I'll start putting onions on the bottom of the hot dog bun, as onion loss is a problem when having onions on hotdogs.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
It's a sausage sizzle you uncultured son of a bitch

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.news.com.au/finance/bus...19f380eadd1f915

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
One of the few things I miss.

The sausage sizzle, not the near nurse death.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Defenestrategy posted:

Alright, I'll bite.

1) Why is the hot dog going on a piece of white bread instead of hot dog bun?

2) Why are the onions rings and not diced as is customary for onions on hot dogs?

3) What specifically warranted such a specific poster about such a weirdly specfic sandwich?

I will say, I think I'll start putting onions on the bottom of the hot dog bun, as onion loss is a problem when having onions on hotdogs.

1) A sausage in bread is an easy, cheap snack common to Australia, and used by things like scout halls and schools for fundraising. Specifically, this is at a hardware store calling Bunnings, which regularly has a stand outside the exit selling sausages in bread, as well as cans of drink, and as a school or whatever you can book the stand and they supply the barbecues and gas for you to use, free of charge.

2) It's easier to just slice the onions latitudinally than it is to dice them, especially for the amateur cooks that are going to be running these things

3) Some idiot slipped over on a piece of errant onion a few years ago so they started telling people selling them to put the onion on the bottom.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

actually they banned onions altogether at first, then following a massive backlash they made those signs

i got a chuckle out of it :shrug:

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

You guys are over thinking this butt grenade. Dude found or fired a 203 ogive. Decided to use it as a butt plug. Soldiers are dumb, and danger is a thrill.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

bulletsponge13 posted:

You guys are over thinking this butt grenade. Dude found or fired a 203 ogive. Decided to use it as a butt plug. Soldiers are dumb, and danger is a thrill.

Possibly an inert training round.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Midjack posted:

Possibly an inert training round.

Or smoke round. We had a yellow smoke expended round from an ND in our CP.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
A little late for anime gunsmith chat, but my suggestion is to go back to the source and replicate the blaster from Blade Runner.

Not as dramatic a souvenir as 203 buttplug guy, but I got tagged to guard a wounded insurgent at Kandahar about 12 years ago when the Canadians still ran the place. I was in the TOC when one of our teams got in a TIC by the dumbest group of insurgents around. Maybe 20 guys with their local commander on the radio screaming at them to stand and fight, nobody back down, etc. Our team was 12 advisors in up armored Humvees with about 40 ANP, with two other teams nearby that immediately QRF'd and all of this occurring mere miles from the largest airfield in southern Afghanistan. I passed it to our CAS guy and we had F-18s overhead inside 6 minutes with OH-58s right behind them for when the fuel and bombs ran out.

Things go as predicted, ambushers get their asses thoroughly kicked with no injuries to our guys. They end up calling in with two EWIA. Our teams knew that I couldn't get medevac birds to take off without the first five lines of the 9-line. They pass me lines one through four. One wounded in the legs by 5.56, the other gutshot with a .50 :stonk: About 40 minutes later when I get line 5, guy number two has unsurprisingly bled out due being straight up North Hollywood'd. Yay for casual war crimes!

Guy one took a 5.56 to the leg where it shattered his femur, turned 90 degrees, took off one of his testicles and most of his dick before lodging in his other thigh, breaking that femur. He was also missing an eye but I'm not sure if that was related to the nutshot incident or if it was a preexisting condition. Me and a buddy get told to show up at the Role 3 hospital with our M9s to guard this dude until he's recovered enough to turn over to the ANP for them to kill. Pretty easy and boring job considering he's strapped down with two broken femurs and his dick shot off, not really in any condition to pull a Great Escape.

My buddy was on shift when he got out of surgery, and the Canadian nurse shows him what was left of the bullet they dug out in a plastic specimen jar. Asks him if he wants it, which he immediately says yes to. I help him stash it down in one of his bags and it sails through customs since at this point it's literally just a little scrap of copper and lead. And that's how he gets to tell his grandkids the story about his bullet in a jar that went through the balls of a Taliban.

Postscript: Due to some legal technicality way above my pay grade, we were evidently required to let this guy loose when he recovered. Local ANP commander shat a brick and threatened not to work with us anymore, as this guy was evidently known to be killing ANP and was high up on the commander's poo poo list. A compromise was made where a translator explains to the one-balled insurgent he will be set free and he is unceremoniously dumped at the gate, where an ODA was waiting to black bag him and drop his bandaged rear end off at the ANP's front door. Inshallah.

Wild T fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Dec 14, 2020

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Sacrist65 posted:

Im like 70% sure this is Texas A&M ROTC.

These people will be leading troops in less than 3 years.

Ahem, you do not need to remain ROTC to be in the Corps of Cadets.

source: I was in that band for a year before dropping out my first time.

Holy poo poo I suck at posting but whatever I was a loving aggie what do you expect?

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Dec 14, 2020

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Wild T posted:

Guy one took a 5.56 to the leg where it shattered his femur, turned 90 degrees, took off one of his testicles and most of his dick before lodging in his other thigh, breaking that femur.

to hell with jfk, this is the true magic bullet.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

MA-Horus posted:

to hell with jfk, this is the true magic bullet.

Back, and through the left nut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Wild T posted:

Back, and through the left nut

:discourse: