Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

X-O posted:

A couple people already know but I wanted to let you all know. My dad got Covid from being seen at the VA and started getting symtops two and half weeks ago. He takes every precaution necessary and still got it. My mom got it from him. I took her to dialysis not knowing anyone had anything and I got it as well. We're all not doing good. Everyone stay safe out there and take care. I'll be around again when I can.

Hoping for the best for you and your family. Take care of yourself where you can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Wishing you the best. :ohdear:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Hope your and your family's recovery goes well, XO.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

X-O posted:

A couple people already know but I wanted to let you all know. My dad got Covid from being seen at the VA and started getting symtops two and half weeks ago. He takes every precaution necessary and still got it. My mom got it from him. I took her to dialysis not knowing anyone had anything and I got it as well. We're all not doing good. Everyone stay safe out there and take care. I'll be around again when I can.

I had a COVID scare and got tested this week myself, X-O. My best to you and your parents. Do you have anyone who can help out locally, drop off food and medicine for you all, etc.?

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

X-O posted:

That's horrible, I'm sorry. I hope you and your family's recovery goes as well as it can, X-O.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey can somebody clean up an image for me for avatar use?

Edit: I'm trying to finagle this into an avatar friendly size

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Dec 12, 2020

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Hey can somebody clean up an image for me for avatar use?

Edit: I'm trying to finagle this into an avatar friendly size

180x180 pixels, here you go!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IUG posted:

180x180 pixels, here you go!

:argh:

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
I picked up some classic indies from the 80s which are in magazine format (like weirdo) .. I also have one black label mini I'm pulling monthly.
Is there any difference on sizing or is magazine format pretty much standardized..

Also need advice on mylar/boards and toploaders that can accommodate.. I tried bcw magazine Loaders and they were the right dimensions give or take but way too thin to be used.. Trying to avoid doing that twice

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I got held up at gunpoint last night and in the cool light of day my main takeaway is that Frank Miller was a chickenshit if that's all it took to turn him reactionary. That really is what I've been thinking about. Maybe he got it really bad in some way that made him want to fantasize about beating people up but like, I got groped and and kicked around hard enough that I pissed blood when I got home last night and had some truly heinous poo poo said to me and I think, like almost everybody would, I left the encounter feeling sadness for the kids who did it, if I'm angry it's at a culture that made it so easy for teenagers to get guns in the first place.

It's one of those things where you know, his response always seemed a little strange to me but I was like "well maybe I'd feel the same way, who knows." Well now I know and I think he's a little weenie.

Edit: As people in the discord may already know, this has not been a cool week

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh my god.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

How Wonderful! posted:

I got held up at gunpoint last night and in the cool light of day my main takeaway is that Frank Miller was a chickenshit if that's all it took to turn him reactionary. That really is what I've been thinking about. Maybe he got it really bad in some way that made him want to fantasize about beating people up but like, I got groped and and kicked around hard enough that I pissed blood when I got home last night and had some truly heinous poo poo said to me and I think, like almost everybody would, I left the encounter feeling sadness for the kids who did it, if I'm angry it's at a culture that made it so easy for teenagers to get guns in the first place.

It's one of those things where you know, his response always seemed a little strange to me but I was like "well maybe I'd feel the same way, who knows." Well now I know and I think he's a little weenie.

Holy poo poo.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
This has been a bad week for goons. Have you been to the doctor, are you okay otherwise?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

How Wonderful! posted:

Please take care of yourself and make sure you allow yourself the time and resources you need to recover from this.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

How Wonderful! posted:

!!!!! What the heck!!!!! I hope you are safe and will be fine now!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Hell's teeth, I hope you're okay.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Yeah I'm bruised but no lasting harm done. Thank you everybody for the kind words, thankfully my wife has been around and took care of a lot of urgent stuff like freezing my bank account and shutting down my phone service when I came in and was shocked and panicking. I've been fortunate enough to be able to take it easy today and have just been grading papers in my PJs and making holiday candy.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

And of course, absolutely fuckin' dunking on Frank Miller.
Obviously I'm glad for all the other stuff too but that was very stylish of you.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Holy poo poo glad you're (relatively) okay

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

How Wonderful!, I think what we all want to know is since you now have an origin story, are you going to head out at night to fight crime? Do we need to throw something through your study window in order to give you some costume inspiration?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I'm not heading out at night to do poo poo for the foreseeable future, but if you insist on throwing something through my window I could go for a ginger ale. Ginger Ale Woman has an ok ring to it. Canada Dryad? Schweppen X?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Gosling Gal has a certain ring, but I suppose that's a ginger BEER, also geese have a bit of an image problem, though no worse I suppose than spiders or bats or wolverines.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Edge & Christian posted:

Gosling Gal has a certain ring, but I suppose that's a ginger BEER, also geese have a bit of an image problem, though no worse I suppose than spiders or bats or wolverines.

If this was just open season on sodas I'd go for Sierra Ms. and my sidekick would be Mountain Dude.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

How Wonderful! posted:

If this was just open season on sodas I'd go for Sierra Ms. and my sidekick would be Mountain Dude.
I feel like you could field an entire overstuffed team book with just Off Brand Lemon-Lime Soft Drinks: in addition to you and your sidekick, you've already got Surge and Sprite, and Storm as established heroes, add in The Moon Mister, Citrus Drop, The Hillbilly Hollerer, and the entire family tree of Shasta, the Living Mountain and you've got yourself a LAN party on Krakoa!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Character Find of 2021, Squirt

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Gail is clearly back on her bullshit.
https://twitter.com/GailSimone/status/1338384277155717121?s=20
https://twitter.com/GailSimone/status/1338407163824230401?s=20

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dr. Pepper knockoffs could fill an encyclopedia of comic characters.

Dr. Perfect is obviously Mr. Perfect's more successful brother.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Endless Mike posted:

You say more successful, but can he do the gum thing?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

How Wonderful! posted:

If we’re actually doing this, I thought you knocked it out of the park with Canada Dryad and am not sure why other alternatives are being considered.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

You say more successful, but can he do the gum thing?

Yes. He can also perform an appendectomy on himself.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

CapnAndy posted:

If we’re actually doing this, I thought you knocked it out of the park with Canada Dryad and am not sure why other alternatives are being considered.
There's the requisite 'Maxi Crossover Event' where several knockoff characters come during an unexplained absence. Or the "DRYAD.... HIGH AND DRY" arc where they renounce the mantle.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

This is just the Council of Reeds

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm Dr dazzle

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VAmUOUVC3c

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
America has too many dr peppers. Canada has like 4 or 5 at the most and that’s really all you need.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

This is one of my favorite bits of extremely low-stakes Wikipedia editing/vandalism.

The entire thing really, but specifically

quote:

The label of Dr Thunder has recently been redesigned to say that " You've never been deep, until you've been Dr Thunder deep."

quote:

We need a citation for this. I purchased a can of Dr. Thunder today with out the words on it.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
solid blood is going to be a monthly i guess. issue 17 and then issue 1 next month..i woulda dug a reverse release, 16 next month working back to 1 but what do i know, i'm no kirkman..

trying to decide if i should reward this behavior and pull it

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Legion read through update: the lead in to Zero Hour that is occurring across all four Legion family of books is actually kind of fun with time getting screwed up. Definitely doesn't hurt that these issues are being written by Mark Waid and Kurt Busiek. It's weird that for a couple of months, Waid is writing L.E.G.I.O.N., Legion, Legionnaires, and Valor all in the same family of books, and he's got Flash going. I'm sure it's a short term thing to handle the crossover coordination, but it's wild and a huge step up from all of the writers who were on those books before.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
As a recently very rare BSS poster: what would be the best place to talk about, say, a recent binge through multiple runs of Wonder Woman? The DC thread? Here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Looks like Rob finally found a place to repurpose those unused Captain America/Fighting American pages

https://www.cbr.com/archie-rob-liefeld-mighty-crusaders-reboot/?fbclid=IwAR0wpxl6f8N-9WDV0Q6M4PFzqYYakM7PNh6zmi8Lp-CeALNipL8I_pmpi6Y