Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
Pats are currently +6.5. I'm taking the moneyline at +220.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

DariusLikewise posted:

I got a promo for a free bet if I put 20 bucks on a parlay so I got WFT ML +240 and the Bills ML +110 together

Thinking about taking my new 20 dollar free bet and windmill slamming it down on Cowboys +310

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
That Patriots Rams line is hosed.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Hmm, Steelers are underdogs on Monday against Buffalo now, and the line continues to trend towards Buffalo. I'm might wait for it to bottom out and take the Steelers moneyline (as much as I hate the Steelers). Getting them at +130 or +140 would be nice.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

DariusLikewise posted:

Thinking about taking my new 20 dollar free bet and windmill slamming it down on Cowboys +310

I don't know that I would bet on Cowboys to win this year under any circumstances. They are probably worse than the jets without Dak. Their point differential since Dak went down is shockingly terrible.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

il serpente cosmico posted:

I don't know that I would bet on Cowboys to win this year under any circumstances. They are probably worse than the jets without Dak. Their point differential since Dak went down is shockingly terrible.

Bleh, it was off a free bet so I was willing to chance it, Baltimore was coming off a week where their QB just got cleared to play and a bunch of other guys didn't get to practice. Dallas is hot garbage though and I will not be putting any more money their way for the rest of the season.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

I'm interested to see how Philly does this weekend against New Orleans. I'd probably take New Orleans to -10 here just because the Saints defense has been STOUT against the run (in all forms) and they're also starting to click in the secondary. If they take away Hurts' mobility this could get ugly...

Additionally, and I never thought I'd say this...I think there's a *ton* of value on Miami @ home +7 vs KC. KC doesn't blow people out- sometimes they do in the first half, but they let teams backdoor with ferocity. They're 0-4 ATS in their last 4...

Miami with Gaskin will probably play keep away, assuming he's good to go, and their defense isn't awful. A nice 82* day in Miami on Sunday afternoon? Food for thought.

DariusLikewise posted:

At least you'd get the heat from burning it instead

That defense :suicide:

This is literally the ONLY week I'd consider it, and even then I still won't be touching it :lol:

Pats are currently +6.5. I'm taking the moneyline at +220.

Hmm, Steelers are underdogs on Monday against Buffalo now, and the line continues to trend towards Buffalo. I'm might wait for it to bottom out and take the Steelers moneyline (as much as I hate the Steelers). Getting them at +130 or +140 would be nice.

And the agreement train rolls on...

Plays for the week I'm considering:

NO -7
MIA +7.5 (i'd love the hook but will take them regardless)
Pats +5 (gulp, wish I'd popped this earlier)
Steelers ML

I'll probably parlay all 4 for and bet each separately as well

TheKevman fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Dec 10, 2020

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

miami is gonna get demolished by kc, i would not take that bet

miami’s defense is pretty good but its offense is really, really bad; they’re not gonna be able to keep up with the chiefs if they open up a big lead

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

Declan MacManus posted:

miami is gonna get demolished by kc, i would not take that bet

miami’s defense is pretty good but its offense is really, really bad; they’re not gonna be able to keep up with the chiefs if they open up a big lead

Possibly, but the Chiefs defense has been equally bad over the past 4 games, specifically against the TE (2 of those 4 games with TE's going for 100+ yds) and RB (they've given up 70+yds on the ground in their last 6 games, with 2 of those teams going over 150yds).

I don't think Miami is amazing, but I think they'll hang around enough with ball control to cover 7 at home. Gaskin brings a lot more dynamism to the table than the great Salvon Ahmed.

It just feels to me like KC might jump out early and Miami backdoors to cover.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Pats Moneyline +185

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Pats Moneyline +185

:cheers:

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

It's not looking good, folks. But if Washington could do it last week, hopefully the Pats can muster some signs of life to open the half this week. The second quarter went better, but that's a hard hole to big yourself out of.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It's not looking good, folks. But if Washington could do it last week, hopefully the Pats can muster some signs of life to open the half this week. The second quarter went better, but that's a hard hole to big yourself out of.

I really am a clown for thinking the Pats were winning this game. It's not even close.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I had a lot of thoughts about this game this week but I held off on posted because of my obvious bias

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

The good news is that I came out a little bit ahead betting on the game by pulling my original bet with a bet back in the first half when it was obvious NE couldn't do poo poo to stop the run(losing two thirds of my original bet in the process), and then betting a bit more on the Rams to cover -20.5 late in the third quarter.

DariusLikewise posted:

I had a lot of thoughts about this game this week but I held off on posted because of my obvious bias

I think it's fair to give your opinion on your main team so long as people know they're your main team. You might have saved me from doing something stupid :lol:

il serpente cosmico fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Dec 11, 2020

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

What a mess that game was :cry:

TheKevman fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Dec 11, 2020

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TBH fans of a team know that team better than just random assholes.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

The good news is that I came out a little bit ahead betting on the game by pulling my original bet with a bet back in the first half when it was obvious NE couldn't do poo poo to stop the run(losing two thirds of my original bet in the process), and then betting a bit more on the Rams to cover -20.5 late in the third quarter.

I think it's fair to give your opinion on your main team so long as people know they're your main team. You might have saved me from doing something stupid :lol:

I figured most people were going to compare this game to the Super Bowl, which is fair but the major differences were Belichick didn't get two full weeks of practice to completely overhaul his defense, the Rams defense is much better, the Rams run game is actually functioning this time(no dead Todd Gurley) and Cam Newton is cooked. My final score prediction was 20-10 Rams and I ended up just betting under 42.5 points.

Anyways for tonight I did

UNT - UTEP Over 66
ASU -10
Nevada -1.5

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
I put 10k on browns ml at +150.

If I end up cleaning out this idiot who is meeting tonight to shoot pool I will take whatever I win off him and add to that bet.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

TheKevman posted:

NO -7 :ughh:
MIA +7.5 (i'd love the hook but will take them regardless) :10bux:
Pats +5 (gulp, wish I'd popped this earlier) :ughh:
Steelers ML :ughh:

Happy about that Miami call though, other than Miami taking an early lead, it played out almost exactly as I suspected it would with KC failing to cover late by giving up the backdoor.

Now about the rest of the games...

jase1 posted:

If I end up cleaning out this idiot who is meeting tonight to shoot pool I will take whatever I win off him and add to that bet.

Ballsy and I wish you the best but man...

TheKevman fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Dec 14, 2020

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

jase1 posted:

10x my biggest bet ever lol. Good luck.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

jase1 posted:

Christ...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I'm jumping on the Browns money line too. For a bunch less cash though.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

I can't trust the Browns - they've eked out wins against poo poo teams for the most part this year, and they've been blow out by quality competition. I am not betting on the game, so I hope for everyone here's sake that they pull off a win tonight.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Cleaned out this guy yesterday at the pool table. So I took that 2k and bet a parlay of the browns ml and the o/46.

This is all homer bets haha

I have never had the chance to bet on the browns in December and it means something.

Back in Nov when the browns were +3200 to win the afc north I put 1k on it. I also did it at the beginning of the season and got them at +425.

I also bet 1k on them to win the Super Bowl at +3100 back in July.

So if this is a miracle season for the browns (it isn’t) then I stand to have a few good hits.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I'm going to do a Chubb anytime TD/Browns ML tonight. I think under 48(that's what I'm seeing right now) is probably the best bet though.

Shats Basoon
Jun 13, 2013

jase1 posted:

Cleaned out this guy yesterday at the pool table. So I took that 2k and bet a parlay of the browns ml and the o/46.

This is all homer bets haha

I have never had the chance to bet on the browns in December and it means something.

Back in Nov when the browns were +3200 to win the afc north I put 1k on it. I also did it at the beginning of the season and got them at +425.

I also bet 1k on them to win the Super Bowl at +3100 back in July.

So if this is a miracle season for the browns (it isn’t) then I stand to have a few good hits.

You made 2k hustling a guy in pool?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I did not and will not bet on the browns. you people are crazy.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
*Wrong thread. Ignore me.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Shats Basoon posted:

You made 2k hustling a guy in pool?

Yeah. It's an ongoing thing. I play him every few months when he feels like he can beat me. He has never beat me and he never will.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I wish I had a spare 2k to lose in pool every couple of months lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

LOL @ winning money like it's 1941.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

He plays poker a lot so if I ever see or hear about him having a big winning session I know he will reach out. He gets to pick the table and the stakes.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Can I have some money

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Browns :(

Have they never seen a read option before? Jesus christ.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The funny thing is that the Browns actually look good tonight lol.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

mcmagic posted:

The funny thing is that the Browns actually look good tonight lol.

Their offense looks good, but they have no answer for Jackson on the ground and they look like they've never heard of the read option before.

And their kicking is garbage, which doesn't help.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Until Baker did that..........

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

JASE1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I've never been more concerned for a stranger's money than I am watching this game. I'd be curious to see what your fitbit is doing if you wear one.