Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ymgve posted:

Note that FEAR was at heart a corridor shooter, so every encounter had a lot less parameters that could vary than an open world game with multiple routes. I don't remember, did enemies in DXHR have AI on that level?

I brought up FEAR earlier too. It's of course a corridor shooter but honestly all the fights here are also carefully set up set pieces too. You go to the animal warehouse and shoot it up. You go into that cave and shoot everyone inside. Etc etc., there aren't really any massive rolling hoping battles taking place in the city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Zeta Acosta posted:

im going to mod the epilepsy lights back in goddamit!

make enemy netrunners induce seizures if not killed quickly.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Starks posted:

They didn’t. The person who originally reported that even said it could be a coincidence (and her claims were not verified elsewhere afaik). It was a generic sequence of flashing lights, I have a flashlight that does that too. It’s pretty funny how quickly people believe “CDPR was intentionally trying to cause seizures” lol
Stepping into hot takes territory here... Given the bullshit that's generally going on in the general populace lately in regards to facts and fiction, yeah, not really surprised.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

River's quest to find [someone] felt a lot like The Cell movie from what I remember of it :v:

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

Missionary Positron posted:

The sidequest involving the monk who was mutilated by a bunch of maelstroms got me good. I just felt a sort of visceral disgust at what happened to him :(.

Hopefully there's more of those kinds of quests to find and not just generic gigs.

Yeah this one really hosed me up too. Especially because I solved it my way, by shooting them all to rescue the brother and in the end it wasn't what he wanted. RIP my reincarnated body.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

The sidequest involving the monk who was mutilated by a bunch of maelstroms got me good. I just felt a sort of visceral disgust at what happened to him :(.

Hopefully there's more of those kinds of quests to find and not just generic gigs.

I killed them all.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Any faults I have with this game I can forgive because the aethestic is very on point. The cars in particular I was very excited about, all the interiors are lovely. Love me some 80's retro-futurism.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

ymgve posted:

protip if you're like me and never use grenades in games: Get that biomod that allows you to regenerate health instantly - that binds to the grenade button, and triggering it isn't a stealth failure like throwing a nade is

Throwing a grenade is only a stealth failure if you don't kill everyone with it :v:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
You get an email early on saying you need to pay your rent or they'll kick you out. Is there a place to pay rent or any consequence of that?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

AllNewJonasSalk posted:

I feel like, if you played The Witcher 3, this game is exactly what you should have been expecting.

Pretty much. My expectations were in the gutter so I've been extremely pleasantly surprised.

The writing and voice acting are really great. Goro is my bro.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Starks posted:

Dude I saw the sequence. It seems completely innocuous if you’re not specifically knowledgeable about seizures. There’s no reason to believe they “went to a doctor to get the test done” and again the article doesn’t even claim that.

Stop believing every dumb broken telephone thing you hear on the internet

the prepatched sequence was painful. you aren't getting paid by CDPR, simmer down

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Remember the t-posing on a motorcycle bug back in 2006??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI7HLtMfq34&t=28s

NSFW for man-crack?

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

grieving for Gandalf posted:

the prepatched sequence was painful. you aren't getting paid by CDPR, simmer down

"People have varying levels of acceptance of flashing lights? Never!!1!! You must be a shill!!"

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Khanstant posted:

You get an email early on saying you need to pay your rent or they'll kick you out. Is there a place to pay rent or any consequence of that?

A month ago, I would assume there was something connected to it. Now, I'm pretty sure it's just flavor text.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Khanstant posted:

No, tell the landlord there's a pandemic going on and you're not paying poo poo

E: holy poo poo Andrew

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Dec 14, 2020

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Khanstant posted:

I never paid rent. gently caress landlords.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Actually the only reason this game is bad is because CDPR broke down and caved into Big Epilepsy and removed the flashing lights sequence.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

AHH F/UGH posted:

Contagion is loving awesome and kind of busted. This game is so god drat good.

Ok, why? It does so little damage, even if it does hit everyone.

Overheat is at least a near guaranteed kill, although now that I have spreading Ultimate Hacks I can just lean on those for a truly guaranteed kill (or 4).

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

grieving for Gandalf posted:

lol it wasn't at all as many others have pointed out (if you don't have epilepsy). I've also complained about plenty of things in this game, maybe go back to reddit if you're gonna post like this.

I've seen plenty of moments in video games where obnoxious lights made me look away from the screen, this was not one of them, personally.

Starks fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Dec 14, 2020

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

LifeSunDeath posted:

Why on earth can't I hack this dude? I've had this happen before, no cool downs running, nothing, just a guy who can't be hacked at all

The other dudes totally hackable.

has a deck that's blocking those kind of hacks. I've had stuff like breach is blocked, but the electro shock one is still able to work. That enemy deck was so good I didn't have enough memory to shock anyway.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

deep dish peat moss posted:

In more news about double jump legs being overpowered it turns out enemy AI doesn't realize that verticality exists and if you jump up on top of something that there's not a way to pathfind to without the double jump legs, they will stop shooting at you

Dude there and his friend in the building are just standing there staring at the floor.

I'm calling this one an intermittent bug, as someone with cyberlegs who frequently climbs into stupid places to snipe at enemies they can definitely shoot back

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
The only place that has broken my immersion so far is the dump. The 3D trash floats a few feet above the ground, so be careful not to fall through!

I'm the Trash Man!

I know that guy!

Game is so pretty...

I've actually found that a lot of the gigs and even NCPD missions have a lot of story- and world-building. I remember a random one where a Fixer called me about some tech she was trying to buy. If you just follow the quest markers, you go from A to B to C and quest done. But if you dig into the computers and data shards you can learn that she tried to play the gang against the fixer and the gang killed her for it and stole the tech and why. Even some of the Police Scanners I've been able to save the NPC who then has some little spiel about what happened and where they are going. The Vigilante Cop from Kabuki has been mentioned, but most people will never go back and see the ending.

I think a lot of people who are complaining that the content is shallow or the writing isn't as deep as they were expecting just aren't finding the right content because the game really doesn't hold your hand and lead you through it (except on the main questline, which may be part of the confusion).

AlternateAccount posted:

Remember the t-posing on a motorcycle bug back in 2006??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI7HLtMfq34&t=28s

NSFW for man-crack?

See guys? Not another bug, just another reference! :laugh:

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Cool, thanks for the ableism

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
This game is such a 50/50 split of good and bad qualities. For every moment that pulls me in there's something that pulls me out due to poor design or flat/bad writing or the feeling that this incredibly dense location means nothing because my tools as a player (and the ability for the game to notice them) are so limited. I'm not even counting the bugginess because I figure that will be resolved in time.

Thankfully almost every valid complaint I've seen in here has been expertly countered by:

- "The AI shouldn't be better because this isn't real life"
- "I'm playing Cyberpunk, not an imaginary miracle game I came up with in my head"
- "Maybe that's a flaw but how much does it matter this game's so big"
- "If you thought it would be better it's your fault, not the marketing or """"Game$$$ Journali$t$"""" (see what I did with those quotes because they aren't journalists and they are paid big sacks of cash???)"
- "Anyone that doesn't like this probably was probably expecting it to be a very specific thing that I'm making up now, as opposed to the very specific thing that lets me decide all the parts that work are what matter and all the parts that don't work are incidental"

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Also, make sure you read random data shards. I've got a couple quests out of it that didn't trigger until I opened the actual shard.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I still haven't gotten an answer regarding 'How Mod Friendly is this Game?'

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Also, make sure you read random data shards. I've got a couple quests out of it that didn't trigger until I opened the actual shard.

Yeah, and sometimes reading them is required to "finish" a quest

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Just completed act 1 (after 8 hours sheesh) when/where the gently caress do I get actually cool clothes??? I look like a trash clown!!!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Just completed act 1 (after 8 hours sheesh) when/where the gently caress do I get actually cool clothes??? I look like a trash clown!!!

t-turn on your monitor?

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

This game is such a 50/50 split of good and bad qualities. For every moment that pulls me in there's something that pulls me out due to poor design or flat/bad writing or the feeling that this incredibly dense location means nothing because my tools as a player (and the ability for the game to notice them) are so limited. I'm not even counting the bugginess because I figure that will be resolved in time.

Thankfully almost every valid complaint I've seen in here has been expertly countered by:

- "The AI shouldn't be better because this isn't real life"
- "I'm playing Cyberpunk, not an imaginary miracle game I came up with in my head"
- "Maybe that's a flaw but how much does it matter this game's so big"
- "If you thought it would be better it's your fault, not the marketing or """"Game$$$ Journali$t$"""" (see what I did with those quotes because they aren't journalists and they are paid big sacks of cash???)"
- "Anyone that doesn't like this probably was probably expecting it to be a very specific thing that I'm making up now, as opposed to the very specific thing that lets me decide all the parts that work are what matter and all the parts that don't work are incidental"

Keep grinding that axe.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Working as intended. That's the hidden class.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Okay so the game is huge enough I may have just never found a follow up it but (very early spoilers) if you save Brick from the claymore trap in the Maelstrom place during the Flathead mission he says he owes you one and will pay ya back later. Where and when is later?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Loot everything and go to clothing stores. Don't worry about it too much until you start seeing clothing with mod slots. It's basically all cosmetic before then, it seems to me.

Grouchio posted:

I still haven't gotten an answer regarding 'How Mod Friendly is this Game?'

There are already some mods on Nexus, but in general CDPR's mod community tends to be more GUI fixes and gameplay tweaks rather than outright content ala Bethesda.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
after act 1 you get baggy basketball shorts and a t shirt so just wear that forever like irl

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
There is nothing cyberpunk about the clothing in this game and keanu reaves wears skinny jeans.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Tell that to the see through jackets made of the material from that pink tablet toy they used to make with the little sheet youd lift up to erase whatever was mysteriously drawn

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

I can hit the hotkey while they're in my notifications and that will be good enough right? Just as long as the actual text loads? I don't need to go into wherever the hell they're stored and load them?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Those seem to all be those cyan "box" quests - they all lead to a stash somewhere else in the city.

The shards organization is really bad, there is no rhyme and reason to what category a shard would go in, and no clear separation between non-quest and quest related shards. One of the categories is just blank too, for some reason.

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

Claes Oldenburger posted:

Yeah this one really hosed me up too. Especially because I solved it my way, by shooting them all to rescue the brother and in the end it wasn't what he wanted. RIP my reincarnated body.

It's hilarious how these missions can be resolved non-lethally with a Pax modifier. 100k+ damage to the head, but non-lethal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Loot everything and go to clothing stores. Don't worry about it too much until you start seeing clothing with mod slots. It's basically all cosmetic before then, it seems to me.

There are already some mods on Nexus, but in general CDPR's mod community tends to be more GUI fixes and gameplay tweaks rather than outright content ala Bethesda.
Are they also able to mod the AI to suck less? Add new missions and voiced characters down the line?