Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The weapon exp farm is a long daily grind if you try to hit the cap every day though.
You can craft at most 30k xp worth of enhancement crystals, which is 30 of the 3* ones or 120 crystal ore. You get 21-24 ore for free each day from expeditions but that means you still have to run around the map and hit about 100 rocks every single day.

You mean 300k, right? Going this route takes about 8 days to level up a 4* from 80 to 90 solely from farming. I'd never go that much out of my way, but it is nice being able to buffer the weapon experience you get from other activities with mining runs.

I honestly can't remember the last time I had weapon crystal problems, but maybe that'll change at AR50. I'm not planning to level ascend anything to 6 yet, though, so it still may not happen for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Hyper Inferno posted:

But weapons also have the worst domain in the game in Cecilia Garden and the slowing water status.

Aw, it's my favorite since I can start off with Oz+Guoba (can't slow down your initial skill!) and then just go around freezing everybody. Love how much preferred builds change the perception of all the content

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
To farm crystals you just have to talk to the two merchant dudes and they'll tell you where to go. The two other unmarked spots that consistently have crystals refreshed daily are guyun stone forest and the tunnel near the hillichurl camp near Valley of Remembrance. Hitting every spot takes about fifteen minutes, so if you have the time for it it's the next most valuable thing you can do after spending all your resin (artifact route is 3rd place probably).

Idk how you'd get by without doing it - I've been farming every day and just have enough to take 6 weapons from 80->90 when I hit AR50 on Sunday. I'll probably only do 4 so I can level Festering Desire as soon as I get it.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

No Wave posted:

Idk how you'd get by without doing it - I've been farming every day and just have enough to take 6 weapons from 80->90 when I hit AR50 on Sunday. I'll probably only do 4 so I can level Festering Desire as soon as I get it.

You'd get by without doing it by not taking 6 weapons from 80-90. "Only take your carry to max level" applies to weapons too when you're not swimming in resources.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Qwertycoatl posted:

You'd get by without doing it by not taking 6 weapons from 80-90. "Only take your carry to max level" applies to weapons too when you're not swimming in resources.

Um, how dare you. Numbers go up.

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
my life for bigger numbers

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

The White Dragon posted:

play online with a friend or two, if possible. crystalflies basically have two states of matter in multiplayer, one of which is "unresponsive and glued to the ground" and the other is "instantly moved 5000m into the air" and it's basically a coin flip which one it spawns as

No Wave posted:

To farm crystals

OK, a bit on how multiplayer "works":

If you spawn into a zone the world owner isn't in, a bunch of stuff doesn't react like it does when the world owner is present. Crystal flies don't react to your presence, and birds don't fly away. When the world owner in the same zone, they react as normal.

Crystal farming in groups works differently as well. If you smash a crystal while everyone is in the area zone, it spawns for EVERYONE, meaning you can get an entire world's worth of crystal by visiting a friend's zone. If you smash and pick up a crystal when someone isn't in the same area zone, it won't be there for when they warp into the zone, and will be lost... so make sure everyone is nearby when you start smashing nodes.

Now that you know this, get your butts into discord and start joining our crystal farming groups in the #lfg channel.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Had a pretty amazing moment hunting Bounty targets. Ruin guard was specifically vulnerable to Electro and Plunging Attacks. So I rolled up with Keqing, had Venti create an updraft, and did plunging attacks with my taser sword. It gave me 62,000 damage, and I got 2 achievements at once. Those multipliers are certainly something!

Hackan Slash posted:

Any domain you don't have the right carry for the answer is "be Venti in coop"

Wouldn't Venti be a bit of a problem in coop because his vortex lifts enemies out of reach for allies? Maybe I'm playing him wrong.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

A lot of units can still hit them while they are in the air. Only short range melee have issues

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

avoraciopoctules posted:

Had a pretty amazing moment hunting Bounty targets. Ruin guard was specifically vulnerable to Electro and Plunging Attacks. So I rolled up with Keqing, had Venti create an updraft, and did plunging attacks with my taser sword. It gave me 62,000 damage, and I got 2 achievements at once. Those multipliers are certainly something!

I had that one too! I decided to try to burst for as high as I could go so with Jade Parcels and my WIP Bennett's Q I did around 95k in one plunge. Except I didn't use Venti for the updraft, I used Keqing's E to get some height and plunged.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

avoraciopoctules posted:

Wouldn't Venti be a bit of a problem in coop because his vortex lifts enemies out of reach for allies? Maybe I'm playing him wrong.

Supposedly the coop team would have members that work with a Venti i.e. have allies that can hit enemies in the air. Even if not, Venti's recharge can apply to allies, and he supplies a powerful crowd control. Thus even if your coop team only has melee DPS's that cannot hit in the air, the coop DPS have their abilities up, and the enemies are grouped together. If your coop team cannot beat the domain with Venti, ditch them.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Venti does a ton of damage and after his ult the enemies are grouped. He's good even if your team is three Razors.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

cryo set is still more than a week away but i can already tell Kaeya carry is going to be stupid from passing my Black Sword to him and abusing c1/resonance with a cdmg hat. this poo poo is like a drug

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Well, since I'm going to running that Domain forever for Childe, maybe I'll build a carry Kaeya as well.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I just wish there were a good CRIT DMG sword.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Blackcliff Longsword is pretty darn good. Only downside is it costs 24 stardust.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah, if it rotates back into the shop i'll probably pick it up. though i wouldn't say no to Skyward Pride if i can get it from pity, i'm definitely going to miss having 200% ER Kaeya when swapping to more carry-focused stats.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Qwertycoatl posted:

Yeah i'm taking 3 weapons to 90 (keqing, diluc, klee) everything else is gonna sit at 70, then 80, then levelling characters (Artifact farming before looking for perfect stats is done)

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The weapon exp farm is a long daily grind if you try to hit the cap every day though.
You can craft at most 30k xp worth of enhancement crystals, which is 30 of the 3* ones or 120 crystal ore. You get 21-24 ore for free each day from expeditions but that means you still have to run around the map and hit about 100 rocks every single day.

I'm pretty sure you'll eventually look back on this as a huge waste of time. It's something you can do right now, because we're early in the game's life cycle and you have a bunch of dudes to kit out. But as the game's focus increasingly shifts from "level up your dudes/weapons" to "chase perfect artifacts" or whatever other infinite lategame grind they plan to present us with, you're probably going to have an average of 1 new weapon per month that you're actually interested in leveling, and Mystic Enhancement Ores will feel like Magic Crystal Chunks do right now: a bunch of them sitting in your inventory, not worth using simply because of the associated costs.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

The Flute should be good too. The ATK% substat should even it out with the lack of extra CRIT DMG, and the passive is much more reliable and can crit anyway.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Why is it so hard just to get a fire witch hourglass? I just need this one thing game please.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

No Wave posted:

Venti does a ton of damage and after his ult the enemies are grouped. He's good even if your team is three Razors.

razor is great at hitting stuff in venti's burst. not really, but it's one of the places his hold skill works better than the tap

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Why is it so hard just to get a fire witch hourglass? I just need this one thing game please.

Just give up on getting an on-set damage goblet

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

S.J. posted:

I just need a fire witch hourglass with literally anything on it at this point.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

S.J. posted:

got this bad boy on my xingqiu right now

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Literally my best artifact, and I use Mona as burst DPS support. Every single substat roll went into ER except one crit rate.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ashenai posted:

I'm pretty sure you'll eventually look back on this as a huge waste of time. It's something you can do right now, because we're early in the game's life cycle and you have a bunch of dudes to kit out. But as the game's focus increasingly shifts from "level up your dudes/weapons" to "chase perfect artifacts" or whatever other infinite lategame grind they plan to present us with, you're probably going to have an average of 1 new weapon per month that you're actually interested in leveling, and Mystic Enhancement Ores will feel like Magic Crystal Chunks do right now: a bunch of them sitting in your inventory, not worth using simply because of the associated costs.
1 new weapon per month is 600 ore. You only get about 400 per month for free (dailies/events/expeditions). I don't think fetching ore (at the cost of 0 resin) for a few months to get your first eight weapons up to 90 will be a waste of time, especially given that there's not much else productive to do in-game.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Dec 14, 2020

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Can't wait for them to raise the character/weapon cap to 100 and for 90-100 to take the same amount of resources as 0-90.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Literally my best artifact, and I use Mona as burst DPS support. Every single substat roll went into ER except one crit rate.

drat nice cup.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I just need a fire witch hourglass with literally anything on it at this point.

The monkeypaw shall grant you a 4* fire witch hourglass with DEF main stat and HP substats. It will be a good artifact for Noelle

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

There are vendors in Monstadt and Liyue that sell artifacts. The one in Monstadt is near Diluc's bar, and the one in Liyue is in the market stalls just across the northern bridge coming in. Hmm, according to the wiki there's actually 3.
https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Shiliu
https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Xigu_Antiques
https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Zhang_Shun

Is 2000 Mora a reasonable price for extra fodder to use leveling your main artifacts (which will of course cost even more money)?

I'm assuming that this presumes you are getting 10 or so artifacts a day for free from the easy farming spots already.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Do they ever refresh the special items...I have like hundreds of those sigils and both stores are sold out of everything but some Mora.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

LorneReams posted:

Do they ever refresh the special items...I have like hundreds of those sigils and both stores are sold out of everything but some Mora.

They haven't yet and probably won't because there is no repeatable way to gain sigils. Just use them on the mora.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

avoraciopoctules posted:

There are vendors in Monstadt and Liyue that sell artifacts. The one in Monstadt is near Diluc's bar, and the one in Liyue is in the market stalls just across the northern bridge coming in. Hmm, according to the wiki there's actually 3.
https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Shiliu
https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Xigu_Antiques
https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Zhang_Shun

Is 2000 Mora a reasonable price for extra fodder to use leveling your main artifacts (which will of course cost even more money)?

I'm assuming that this presumes you are getting 10 or so artifacts a day for free from the easy farming spots already.
2 star artifacts destroy for 840 artifact xp. So 1 wealth leyline in this case will equal 30 2 star artifacts, or 25200 artifact xp.

If you do an artifact domain at AR45 iirc you'll get somewhere around 13k artifact xp. So it's worth it if you want to turn resin into artifact xp asap. But keep in mind you're also not getting any looks at 5 star artifacts. So how you do the math depends on how much of an artifact domain's value is in the 5 stars you get to see.

At the same time, if you just have way too much mora atm (I kind of do) thanks to events and battle passes it's an easier decision. I don't buy it just out of habit but it's not really wrong, and given that it only costs you 10 resin worth of mora to buy out each shop once per week it's not a huge decision either way. Do it if it feels good.

Also - you should be getting a lot more than 10 artifacts per day from the arti route. I get somewhere around 50.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Dec 14, 2020

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

No Wave posted:

1 new weapon per month is 600 ore. You only get about 400 per month for free (dailies/events/expeditions). I don't think fetching ore (at the cost of 0 resin) for a few months to get your first eight weapons up to 90 will be a waste of time, especially given that there's not much else productive to do in-game.

That's true! Maybe I'm just feeling insecure about not maxing out my own ores every day (it sounds like an awful slog).

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Are we comparing Goblets?

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

No Wave posted:

Also - you should be getting a lot more than 10 artifacts per day from the arti route. I get somewhere around 50.

It's not artifact route, it's "easy spots on artifact route". Tbh, I do the same - two houses with artifacts near teleport spot and then of course the shore route to the artifact cellar. I think I make like 20 - 25 a day, but I try to do the cellar twice.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the only part about ore farming i find super tedious is Stormterror's Domain, since they decided the crystal ore there should come in singles all spread the gently caress out. i clear that area maybe once a week while basically every other source of 72hr ore is tied to a Mystic vein or fits into Liyue's ore "route"

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Ashenai posted:

That's true! Maybe I'm just feeling insecure about not maxing out my own ores every day (it sounds like an awful slog).

Gachas are marathons, not sprints. Especailly when there's 0 PVP or ladder comparison ranks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I’ve farmed out the map for ore exactly once, last week, for no particular reason. You do not need to do it. Most of my weapons are either maxed or gated at ascensions I forget to do.

I will say if you have a Ning let her chill in your party no matter the level, seeing ore on minimap is pretty fun and leads you to poo poo you might not have explored.