Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Mercrom posted:

i like sfo because it balances the single player game around single player

P much this on top of me playing like 2600 hours already or so. I don't really give a poo poo about multi, just wanna watch dudes war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Man, I read Homestuck, I am way past depriving myself of content because of a bad fanbase

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I mean really I think if there was a mod that just gave infantry some level of blanket missile resist and then massively boosted their replenishment that would be enough for me.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

KittyEmpress posted:

SFO is something I'll never try purely because of the fanbase going onto every mod thread everywhere and declaring the maker a gay baby idiot for not integrating with SFO.

They remind me a lot of Long War fans from XCOM.

It is this.

The devs did a good job distancing them selves from the nazi lead, and have worked hard on making a game that they enjoy.

But the fans are insufferable.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUrm2aaPQe4

Question: does Animated Hulks do anything that Rotting Prometheans don't do better?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Ammunition requiring replenishment on the campaign map is a neat idea I’ve seen thrown around. Melee veterancy ranks improving missile resist and/or move speed could be cool too.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

Third World Reagan posted:

It is this.

The devs did a good job distancing them selves from the nazi lead, and have worked hard on making a game that they enjoy.

But the fans are insufferable.

I don't really follow mod drama, is the ventris guy a nazi?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Nuclear War posted:

I don't really follow mod drama, is the ventris guy a nazi?

They meant the former mod lead who got driven out, the eponymous Steel Faith

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

toasterwarrior posted:

yeah venris merely took over from a nazi, was presumably on good terms with the nazi, and uses a guy fawkes mask as his avatar

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
you should actually play sfo to stick it to the nazis. take over the player base and really effect change by voting from within.

videogames are the domain of right-wing authoritarian manchildren. i bet this very thread is full of them. YOU might be one right now!

toasterwarrior posted:

yeah it should be called by the actual mod title, GRIMHAMMER since that oval office was expelled

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

man why is this hammer so grim, is it because its so full of war? hammer

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

peer posted:

yeah venris merely took over from a nazi, was presumably on good terms with the nazi, and uses a guy fawkes mask as his avatar

well I know the man's gone but I hope we're all on track on our wifebeating quotas in order to do lowtax proud, it's all we can do after paying money to him and being such heavy participants in his websites, you deadset gently caress

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

good reasons to not play GRIMHAMMER:

- the settlement management changes are dumb and the simple elegance of vanilla is superior
- the battles take too long and nerf flanking charges too heavily
- the campaigns take too long (basically any Empire game is gonna be 200 turns of fighting infinitely improving, immediately regenerating Vampire Counts doomstacks)(this actually owns and is the most fun thing to do in the entire game)
- too many things to click on in the character details screens (wulfrik is both a horde and not a horde?? :confused:)
- magic is OP and favors the player far too much since the AI can never really utilize magic well
- siege battles are even more of a grind with expanded garrisons
- you really like ranged doomstacks (which GRIMHAMMER doesn't remove, just limits)
- you really like the base WH2 game and enjoy playing it a whole lot

bad reasons to not play GRIMHAMMER:

- a white nationalist used to be a developer (there are probably still white nationalist developers and absolutely are white nationalist players)(almost all videogames are for nazi manbabies)
- people who like it are rude and yell at you for not playing it (the total war community is full of raging assholes period, now and forever)(long live twcenter)

this applies to all mods and overhauls. imo try them all and see if you like them. if you don't, don't play em. awesome

Ammanas fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Dec 14, 2020

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

KittyEmpress posted:

SFO is something I'll never try purely because of the fanbase going onto every mod thread everywhere and declaring the maker a gay baby idiot for not integrating with SFO.

They remind me a lot of Long War fans from XCOM.

I cannot think of a more damning comparison than Long War fans.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It's weird to me how readily people accepted that the Steel Faith Order mod team was just one bad egg at the top and once he was kicked out and the others learned to keep their youtube playlists out of sight everything must be fine what a great mod to donate to.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

sassassin posted:

It's weird to me how readily people accepted that the Steel Faith Order mod team was just one bad egg at the top and once he was kicked out and the others learned to keep their youtube playlists out of sight everything must be fine what a great mod to donate to.
who said anything about donating

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
That meme where the space marine is shooting “fascism is bad” bullets over the dudes head and the dude goes “woah cool space marine”

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

That meme where the space marine is shooting “fascism is bad” bullets over the dudes head and the dude goes “woah cool space marine”

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Are there any mods that improve the worse Lores (namely, Beasts)

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

There needs to be a version of this with twice as many people on both sides, only the ones on the left now alternate between firing out the current messages and 'actually it's super cool and metal!' and the second guy on the right is saying 'wow!! cool satire!!!'

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

KittyEmpress posted:

Are there any mods that improve the worse Lores (namely, Beasts)

I thought some preview vid said the sisters of twilight started with “a beast” of a mage. But it turned out to be a beast mage and man beast does suck.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

appropriatemetaphor posted:

I thought some preview vid said the sisters of twilight started with “a beast” of a mage. But it turned out to be a beast mage and man beast does suck.

Yeah I just disband them and wait for Ariel, it's not worth the upkeep. Like you can't even put them on a griffon like Empire can to make up for how much it sucks.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Dec 14, 2020

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I like Flock of Doom on casters with multiple lores

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

I always thought the phys resist spell was good tho

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

albany academy posted:

I always thought the phys resist spell was good tho

Its fine. It and Flock of Doom are both worth having around until you get anything better, I guess. I'd rather use the Spellsinger for stealing technology if possible, since WElves have some nice techs that are worth getting quickly.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
Legit confused at the people saying Lore of Beast sucks. It's has useful unit (de)buffs and Flock of Doom can carry you through the early game, while still being useful in the late game.
I suppose it's not an interesting Lore for multiplayer and it's perhaps not ~optimal~, but you can get a lot of use out of that starting Beast caster. Especially since the Sisters' first enemy are greenskins and Flock of Doom was made to chew through gobbo's.

nordichammer
Oct 11, 2013
Is there a way to do the turn based stuff in the game without the real time battles? I want to lazily click with my mouse and not deal with the commitment of paying attention in battles

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

nordichammer posted:

Is there a way to do the turn based stuff in the game without the real time battles? I want to lazily click with my mouse and not deal with the commitment of paying attention in battles

You can autoresolve all of them.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Raygereio posted:

Legit confused at the people saying Lore of Beast sucks. It's has useful unit (de)buffs and Flock of Doom can carry you through the early game, while still being useful in the late game.
I suppose it's not an interesting Lore for multiplayer and it's perhaps not ~optimal~, but you can get a lot of use out of that starting Beast caster. Especially since the Sisters' first enemy are greenskins and Flock of Doom was made to chew through gobbo's.

if anything, Beasts is much, much better for multiplayer than single player. That manticore summon is very good (or was before this last patch I haven't played mp yet since).

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Ravenfood posted:

You can autoresolve all of them.

Except for quest battles, but you can find mods that allow you to autoresolve those as well.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

yikes! posted:

if anything, Beasts is much, much better for multiplayer than single player. That manticore summon is very good (or was before this last patch I haven't played mp yet since).

The order factions get a single eagle now so it kinda blows

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Split eagle into a multi entity unit and it may be usable, but as it is now it's probably the worst unit in game.

Like not statswise, but as a monster/backline hunter.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The order factions get a single eagle now so it kinda blows

I thought it was just Helfs/Welves that got the Eagle?

AFAIK Empire/Bret/Beastmen/Lizardmen etc still get the Manticore

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Yeah this welf run (my first) immediately taught me that beast magic is trash and eagles suck.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Lore of beasts gets the big AOE that makes enemy melee attack and defence disappear so I like it.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

The eagles really are bad, which is sad. Hawk riders are barely more expensive and are both archers and better at melee stuff.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUrm2aaPQe4

Question: does Animated Hulks do anything that Rotting Prometheans don't do better?

look loving dope. But yeah they do suck!! Although you can get them from raise dead much easier than rotting promies so maybe thats their niche.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Raygereio posted:

A lot of people only see value in damage spells and do not understand the strength of little waaagh.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

A lot of people only see value in damage spells and do not understand the strength of little waaagh.

Its more that other lores have better buffs. Wyssan's and Pann's are both great buffs, and i'll happily use a beastcaster, but in general there are better options available.

Like, I think every race that has access to beasts has access to shadows which I think is an all-around better lore with stronger debuffs, and WElves at least have access to Life, with its better buffs.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Dec 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

debuffs are generally better for multiplayer with exceptions to single target nerfs like enfeebling foe and speed debuffs.