Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Rotten Red Rod posted:

That would require them to animate every single action your character does, including facial animation for conversations/phone calls. I'm not saying it's impossible, just that it's hardly a trivial switch they can just flip.

They could even force you into 1st for combat and talky bits. I don't mean to direct new cutscenes from a third-person perspective. I mean the equivalent of the vehicle 3rd person, but walking. Literally just loving walking.

Also can someone make a mod that replaces the "huff a health vape" with "smoke a cig" animation already in the game? That'd be dope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Palpek posted:

I finished the gig to assassinate some sicko Braindance club owner. I killed everybody on all 4 floors with a katana. Running like a maniac through those neon interiors in the rhythm of pumping electro music while slicing off heads and limbs left and right felt like playing a first person version of Hotline Miami. In the end 3 people were left alive: the barman, the cashier lady and a dude still orgasming in his VR googles on the floor of the men's toilet. loving hell, if this game doesn't have its moments.

Also the main stash on the top floor got glitched and would't open. This loving game :downs:

I did this, the same way, and it feels sick AF. Kill Bill V owns, chopping heads to neon lights while perturbator is blasting in the background :black101:

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Dec 14, 2020

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

shadowrun would have been a cool alternative setting given how they've implemented hacking as spellcasting in the game

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

fadam posted:

I'm gonna be pissed if we get a fixed PS4/XBone version before PC players get the ability to hide buyable vehicles on the map.

Yeah gently caress those people who just want to play the game they were sold!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Claes Oldenburger posted:

I want a 4 player co op trauma team game.

unfortunately only has 2 player couch co-op :/

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

are you blocking GOG with a firewall? play is grayed out for me until the game syncs with their servers

No. It'll say Syncing but then just never re-enables :shrug:

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

v1ld posted:

I just signed up for GFN Founders yesterday so I can continue to play 2077 while away from the PC. Worked fine all yesterday and now the queue is at 125 just now. Hope they fix it by the weekend when I start my travel.

Does seem like a cheap way to play with RT on. It's great that you can use your steam cloud saves to switch back and forth with your PC.

E: It's just 2077 that's got a queue. Just fired up Control with no problems.

no better reminder that the cloud is just someone else's computer than trying to do individual high powered, long session, low latency computing on shared resources which usage lines up entirely with peak times.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

FungiCap posted:

Probably mentioned already, but the crafting perk to upgrade materials conversion rate is 6:1. Which is fine, except for every conversion you have to hold down the button for a full 1-2 seconds, and repress it. Every. Single. Time. I think someone calculated that it takes literally 2 hours to convert enough common material components to 1 legendary crafting component. Good god.

I think there is a Nexus mod already that speeds crafting or even makes it instant.

GreatGreen posted:

Kind of amazing that this game released in 2020 that puts so much emphasis on clothes and cool gear doesn’t give you a 3rd person mode to check out your CyberBarbie, or even a 3rd person mode only available outside combat, and that there’s no transmog system.

There is photomode and 3rd person motorcycle view, but yeah, even people who love the game like me think it's dumb there isn't even a barber or something.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

stadia seems to be fine :shrug:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
:(

shrike82 posted:

shadowrun would have been a cool alternative setting given how they've implemented hacking as spellcasting in the game

having now played games in both settings, I think I prefer cyberpunk because there aren't any fantasy races

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Rotten Red Rod posted:

That would require them to animate every single action your character does, including facial animation for conversations/phone calls. I'm not saying it's impossible, just that it's hardly a trivial switch they can just flip.

The facial animations are generated dynamically already (I forgot the name of the software they integrated) more likely the combat animations would be the issue. This is assuming that they aren’t already in place and the entire no 3rd person thing isn’t some doofus artistic thing.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Palpek posted:

I finished the gig to assassinate some sicko Braindance club owner. I killed everybody on all 4 floors with a katana. Running like a maniac through those neon interiors in the rhythm of pumping electro music while slicing off heads and limbs left and right felt like playing a first person version of Hotline Miami. In the end 3 people were left alive: the barman, the cashier lady and a dude still orgasming in his VR googles on the floor of the men's toilet. loving hell, if this game doesn't have its moments.

Also the main stash on the top floor got glitched and would't open. This loving game :downs:

Man I snuck up onto an adjacent roof and took the guy out with a sniper rifle, all pro-like, and it put me into combat and all the gangers would chase me down despite none of them ever seeing me. So I just said gently caress it, reloaded and went through that place like the Terminator in a police station.

Toksai posted:

I don't speak Polish. I'm saying that whoever does the translation to English decided to frequently construct sentences with ", that" at the end, which doesn't sound natural in English. It could be a literal translation of Polish grammar, or just a weird quirk that translator has since I have only ever encountered it before in Witcher 3.

I dunno if you're american or something, but that is like, a pretty normal (maybe kinda old-fashioned) British thing :shrug:

e] Like, it's basically a working-class english stereotype.

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

Tei posted:

I am happy you killed these two fuckers. This game have a lot of replayability: going back to the docks, finding this two guys, and killing them again.

I just killed the son for the dramatic irony. You even get a unique response for that, as the dad completely breaks down and cries over his son's corpse. That's what you get for making child snuff films, old man.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Also, I haven't yet actually found a quest where going in quiet was actually both feasible and less of a pain in the rear end than just shooting everyone

Like, there's a quest to steal a datapad in an apartment and there's only one actual enemy and even then it's incredibly finicky and fiddly to stay "undetected" so I'm just like "meh" and light them on fire with my computer

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

They've confirmed multiplayer is coming so I assume third person animations either already exist or are being worked on because you will need them when you see other people's characters.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

shrike82 posted:

In I think 4th edition Shadowrun deckers could do all this fuckery you see in Cyberpunk provided the victim was chromed. I think chrome is a LOT more ubiquitous in 2077 though.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Simone Magus posted:

Also, I haven't yet actually found a quest where going in quiet was actually both feasible and less of a pain in the rear end than just shooting everyone

Like, there's a quest to steal a datapad in an apartment and there's only one actual enemy and even then it's incredibly finicky and fiddly to stay "undetected" so I'm just like "meh" and light them on fire with my computer

Instead of setting them on fire turn off their eyes and just walk right by them to get your thing.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
I have now realized the REAL reason to go balls-deep into crafting.

It is to upgrade your good looking outfits so you dont have to look like a doofus 95% of the time

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

is there anything in the game to suggest CDPR was right to go with a first person perspective? i suspect most people switch to third person when driving... and nothing about the combat or conversations strikes me as better being done in first person

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Vince MechMahon posted:

Instead of setting them on fire turn off their eyes and just walk right by them to get your thing.

I tried that, it just pissed them off

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I finally got a good Smart Assault Rifle and I finally have the Fifth Element game I always wanted.

(It even shoots grenades out of enemies' hands lmao)

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

shrike82 posted:

is there anything in the game to suggest CDPR was right to go with a first person perspective? i suspect most people switch to third person when driving... and nothing about the combat or conversations strikes me as better being done in first person

This is only the second game I've done first person driving, it feels a lot more immersive

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I restarted GeForce Now and got in right away lol

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

I finished Panam's arc last night, but replaying it today has forced me to notice some ugly stuff:

What's the deal with cars outside the city in this game? Am I just getting bugged audio or is every vehicle supposed to be near-silent as it glides, sans friction, across the Badlands? No audio for car doors opening or closing? No audio of engine noise whatsoever?

Also, are the animations / "tweening" of the car actually moving through space during the driving sections always this artificial feeling, or have I just not noticed it until now? It feels like "placeholder" motion, if that makes sense... it appears that there wasn't even an attempt to create any illusion of momentum or deceleration! Loving the game about 15 hours in but oh my goodness the Panam sections seem like they shipped unfinished.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Vince MechMahon posted:

Hell if you can kill quickly with hacks stealth will be maintained, and most hacks don’t do lethal damage.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

shrike82 posted:

I don't think I would enjoy combat nearly as much in the third person. Gunplay is vastly more enjoyable as an FPS in my opinion.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Willfrey posted:

I have now realized the REAL reason to go balls-deep into crafting.

It is to upgrade your good looking outfits so you dont have to look like a doofus 95% of the time

This.

Also I feel for people on base console alot of bad press on those versions

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

shrike82 posted:

I've been playing entirely in first person and I love it. The conversations especially - the moments where the game pulls you out of your comfort zone wouldn't work nearly as well in third person. The encounter with Royce is a perfect example.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Simone Magus posted:

I tried that, it just pissed them off

That sounds like a bug to me cause it just gives me ten seconds of them stumbling around like an idiot and bitching about their cheap implants.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Vince MechMahon posted:

They've confirmed multiplayer is coming so I assume third person animations either already exist or are being worked on because you will need them when you see other people's characters.

They confirmed a whole bunch of stuff that didn’t actually make it into the game, guy.

If it weren’t for the fact it’ll let them MTX the gently caress out of the game I would write multiplayer off entirely based on their current output, but they’re gonna find any way they can to bolt that bad boy on and chase those :10bux:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Vince MechMahon posted:

What in the gently caress lol, multiplayer is literally the last loving thing this game needs :negative:

Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004

Tunahead posted:

I just killed the son for the dramatic irony. You even get a unique response for that, as the dad completely breaks down and cries over his son's corpse. That's what you get for making child snuff films, old man.

Lol didn't even think of doing that, since the dad is so reprehensible I killed him and left the son. I looked at his computer and was like "yeah, naw".

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

shrike82 posted:

Eh, my only main gripe about 1st person is that you sit way to drat low in some cars, especially some of the large luxury cars. There is one (that has 4 steering wheels up front) that if you are driving on flat ground you literally cannot see over the hood to the ground in front of you

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

the fixer setup seems like it's made for multiplayer tho

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Simone Magus posted:

Same. So many missions where ill try like 4 times to do it stealthy only to have the stupidest mistep ruin it. Then I just go gently caress it, clear the mission in like 30 second by melting everyones brains and then getting scolded by regina. Maybe I need stealth perks or something?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh cool I think I solved the issue with the Mac laptop. Wished I had search for an Ethernet to FireWire (or whatever dumb stuff it uses) earlier. Now to just find a cheap one with prime shipping. As silly as it sounds this monitor seems to scale correctly and the graphics don’t seem as smushed...granted it’s like 1/3 the size. But considering it’s 2.4ghz wifi...I really need an adapter or cheap 5ghz wifi dongle...which I may have.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cyberpunk Legends: exactly like Tsushima legends but you have quickhacks

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I found a legendary Revolver (Overture) but didn't get a recipe to craft it. Is that normal?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

shrike82 posted:

I think so - the game is definitely striving for immersiveness and the lack of separation from V's perspective definitely helps there (esp. considering the narrative need to center Johnny as an "other"), as does the ability to do a mostly diagetic HUD

the only real gameplay tradeoff is an upper limit to how good the melee combat was ever going to be, but conversely gunplay is almost certainly better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toksai
Dec 3, 2005

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Man I snuck up onto an adjacent roof and took the guy out with a sniper rifle, all pro-like, and it put me into combat and all the gangers would chase me down despite none of them ever seeing me. So I just said gently caress it, reloaded and went through that place like the Terminator in a police station.

I dunno if you're american or something, but that is like, a pretty normal (maybe kinda old-fashioned) British thing :shrug:

e] Like, it's basically a working-class english stereotype.

Yeah, maybe that's why it didn't seem weird to me with the brit accents in the Witcher. I've never heard it on either coast of the US, so maybe that's why it's weird hearing it in a southern California setting.