Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

at this point that's probably the most appropriate title for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Welp, time to buy cyberpunk 2077 so I can shoot elon musk.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

https://twitter.com/CUhlmann/status/1338598249712611328?s=19

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

See I *said* that's why I use "folks" instead of "folk" but I told myself I was being paranoid

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Garrand posted:

Welp, time to buy cyberpunk 2077 so I can shoot elon musk.

Unfortunately you don't have a gun at that point in time. You just bark at him for gawking at you puking in the sink and he awkwardly shuffles off to one of the stalls.

I dunno, maybe you get to shoot him later.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

The best renting experience of my entire life is my current one, where I rent in a building owned by a very large Canada-wide company. Everything is extremely by the books because they're too big to get away with anything else, there is a 24-hour maintenance hotline and the longest I've ever had to wait is a couple hours for someone to show up in person (and the fact that I had to wait even that long was "hey you mind if I finish my lunch first since it's not an emergency?" and I said that was fine). They'll still nickel and dime you, but it does make me think about the practicality of nationalized housing.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

lmao

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

christmas boots posted:

Unfortunately you don't have a gun at that point in time. You just bark at him for gawking at you puking in the sink and he awkwardly shuffles off to one of the stalls.

i'll find a way

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Trapt? More like Freed

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Is TraptOfficial...actually Trapt Official? Or did he get fired by the guy who grabbed their handle on Parler first?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

That this took so long does not paint a nice picture of the rest of the band. Seems like CTB just got enough attention they couldn’t ignore it anymore and this is their attempt to gain some goodwill back.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

“To our fan”

Talk about a Freudian slip

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

the whole internet is in love with elon musk, the adorable emerald magnate who blows up rockets!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

wizzardstaff posted:

Is TraptOfficial...actually Trapt Official? Or did he get fired by the guy who grabbed their handle on Parler first?

@traptofficial on Parler is the guy who grabbed the @traptofficial handle, @traptparler is probably the handle that the band had to use because @traptofficial was grabbed. Either way the rest of the band went "What the gently caress Chris, we trusted you to run the Twitter account and you've been doing this dumb bullshit? The gently caress, man?", which only occurred once their twitter account got banned. The rest of the band didn't give a poo poo about any of this until the account got banned.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/831805955402776576?s=20

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

e: ^^ That post is from @TraptParler though with the display name of TraptOfficial

wizzardstaff posted:

The first post is real but it's not a real Trapt account. The second post from Chris doesn't exist on Parler and he's called it out as a hoax.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

When all this crap was coming out last week or whenever that was ("Trapt lead singer doesn't think boys can be sexually assaulted by women"), I got really confused seeing "Chris Brown". The OTHER Chris Brown has publicly spoken (or bragged, depending on who you ask) about how his virginity was taken by an older girl when he was VERY young. Confusing and horrible!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/DodgersKings323/status/1338629955219951616

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Inceltown posted:

e: ^^ That post is from @TraptParler though with the display name of TraptOfficial

The first post is real but it's not a real Trapt account. The second post from Chris doesn't exist on Parler and he's called it out as a hoax.

Speaking of
First two images are just images posted before of the imposter Trapt account followed by Chris saying he's going to sue and then followed by

https://twitter.com/JarJarFan69/status/1338657752713814016
And if you're wary, here's the actual article https://www.nme.com/news/music/trapt-part-ways-with-vocalist-chris-taylor-brown-over-far-right-views-2838685

To be clear this is NME just falling for the fake Trapt parler account.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

It's IoSM all the way down

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/JarJarFan69/status/1338700321145556993

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

There’s only 2 people in that dumb band left who were in it when they had the one song that a handful of people kind of remember, and their Previous Members list reads like the roster of the Polyphonic Spree. That says all you need to know.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

christmas boots posted:

Thats what future mods are for.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

This... Isn't it chief. (To Debra Messing, not you)

Because haha prison rape jokes are great in 2020. Out of curiosity did she delete that in shame? Tons of people are like "nah you cool I thought it was funny as a gay person because prison rape is funny, you see?" gently caress people are stupid.

Who hasn't wished prison rape on their posting enemies, really.

orange juche has a new favorite as of 08:26 on Dec 15, 2020

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Doubling down on "I hope he gets raped" as an apology, loving hell

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Somfin posted:

Ehh, prison rape jokes are terrible, but I really can't muster any outrage over someone wanting really loving bad things to happen to Trump.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Skwirl posted:

Ehh, prison rape jokes are terrible, but I really can't muster any outrage over someone wanting really loving bad things to happen to Trump.

quote:

Mahatma Gandhi acutely observed that "the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." To seek to reduce the suffering of those who are completely under one's domination, and unable to fight back, is truly a mark of a civilized society.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Skwirl posted:

I'm not outraged at her or about her wanting "bad things to happen to Trump," I'm outraged about the systematic problem that the joke relies on: the belief that prisoners deserve to get raped, the understanding that prison exists as a way to make your enemies suffer rape, and the response to jokes about one's enemies being raped in prison consistently being an apology only, and exclusively, for the implication of homophobia.

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

Somfin posted:

Somfin posted:

I'm not outraged at her or about her wanting "bad things to happen to Trump," I'm outraged about the systematic problem that the joke relies on: the belief that prisoners deserve to get raped, the understanding that prison exists as a way to make your enemies suffer rape, and the response to jokes about one's enemies being raped in prison consistently being an apology only, and exclusively, for the implication of homophobia.

It's not an apology. She is (correctly) denying the accusation.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dylan16807 posted:

She didn't mean anyone to take it as a homophobic slur, she earnestly hopes he gets assraped in prison though.

TDW got it wrong because she never implied it as homophobia or anything like that. I could do with less prison assrape though. More than a few people called her out not because of her target but because gently caress you're advocating for someone to get raped.

orange juche has a new favorite as of 11:37 on Dec 15, 2020

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

orange juche posted:

She didn't mean anyone to take it as a homophobic slur, she earnestly hopes he gets assraped in prison though.

TDW got it wrong because she never implied it as homophobia or anything like that. I could do with less prison assrape though. More than a few people called her out not because of her target but because gently caress you're advocating for someone to get raped.

can't she just hope he dies of covid like a normal person? Or was she one of those "I may not like him, but I wish him well" idiots. Because that would be *chef's kiss

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ambitious Spider posted:

can't she just hope he dies of covid like a normal person? Or was she one of those "I may not like him, but I wish him well" idiots. Because that would be *chef's kiss

Unfortunately he managed to escape COVID with the best healthcare money can buy, perks of being head of state and all. I just hope he has poo poo go wrong in his life every day forward, not enough to cause lasting physical harm, just enough to make him hate each and every day, you know "may you live in interesting times".

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/fellawhomstdve/status/1338525387157073923

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

orange juche posted:

Unfortunately he managed to escape COVID with the best healthcare money can buy, perks of being head of state and all.
Technically I don't think money can even buy the regeneron treatments he had at the moment :goonsay:

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

Dylan16807 posted:

I see Firstname Bunchofnumbers holds true on SA too.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
https://twitter.com/spekulation/status/1338681170268094464

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Somfin posted:

Every single word of what you said.

https://twitter.com/WarClandestine/status/1338631716102148096

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

This is probably up there as one of the worst Twitter threads to ever exist

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

In the responses:
https://twitter.com/melbs_now/status/1338599110861983744
Uh, maybe one of these isn't the best example of how folk isn't necissarily associated with the Nazis...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Holy poo poo