Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Some new Monster Hunter: RISE trailers out.

I gotta say, as much as I like God Eater, it's going to be really nice to get back in to a proper MonHun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pna-XDoVLo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCaS3NPh_UE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do1_rXkxq_I

Greatsword from a month ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJN9_37rmUw

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Dec 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Please give us at least Spelunky 1 on Switch.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Spelunky 2 was hype as hell when it first came out and everyone was trying to discover all the wild secrets it had but now that that's over it's kinda just a super punishing platformer, which is fine, but obviously not for everyone.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

American McGay posted:

Spelunky 2 was hype as hell when it first came out and everyone was trying to discover all the wild secrets it had but now that that's over it's kinda just a super punishing platformer, which is fine, but obviously not for everyone.

When I think of "super punishing platformer", I think of Super Meat Boy, which I never liked. That one feels same-y and ultra brutal. I haven't yet played Spelunky 2, but just in terms of the first one, I really appreciated how the main thing you carried over to the next run after dying was your own knowledge. No xp, no new items... sure you eventually unlocked shortcuts, which helped to see the rest of the game more easily, but I really loved figuring how how everything worked, especially in relation to everything else. Sometimes I'd squeak through a level without getting hit once, and other times, I'd have to choose between which way I wanted to get damaged, based on the options ahead of me. Do I risk the arrow trap hitting me, or do I try and jump over and past the angry guy with a boomerang? It felt fluid and dynamic and was both the same and different every time.

Even if only the first one is ported, I don't care, I wish it was on Switch. It's perfect for it.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

SeANMcBAY posted:

Please give us at least Spelunky 1 on Switch.

You could always play this in the meantime:
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/spelunker-party-switch/

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

RandomFerret posted:

Square enix beat you to it with Spelunker Party, a lovely remake of the first game but with Nintendo-quality online multiplayer and microtransactions

Spelunker Party is cool, though :confused:

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I saw that monster train is coming to game pass soon but if they released it on switch I would also buy it on switch

It’s like... slay the spire++

This is what I'm hoping for from the direct, Monster Train would be so good on Switch.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Spelunker World on PS4 is the one that's microtransaction hell. Spelunker Party on Switch is a re-release of the same game with all of free-to-play garbage removed.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Has there been any info on whether monster hunter rise will be like world or like the older games? I had a ton of fun with world but if rise won't have all the stuff that made world so much more accessible I'll probably give it a miss

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Mr Snips posted:

Has there been any info on whether monster hunter rise will be like world or like the older games? I had a ton of fun with world but if rise won't have all the stuff that made world so much more accessible I'll probably give it a miss
I don't think anyone knows for sure how Rise works, but have you played the old ones? The differences aren't that big a deal. I wouldn't be surprised if it was kind of a hybrid since Rise is an Ichinose game and that's how his games are sometimes

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I don't know the answer but you might be better off asking in the MH thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3842457&pagenumber=1668&perpage=40

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mr Snips posted:

We don't know for certain, I think. The map has been shown to be numbered but it didn't look like you're going to load between sections.

The only thing I care about is if Prowler mode is back.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

for a quick answer: it seems to be a combination of old and new so far, with a lot of the cruftier bad poo poo from the old taken out. we can assume certain things based on what we've seen so far. it looks dope. very excited for it.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
So I just had this weird thing happen on my Switch. I put it in sleep mode overnight while Animal Crossing was in suspended play, and when I came home from work, I got a message saying that the game card had been removed, even though I didn't touch it. Has anyone else gotten this before?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Inzombiac posted:

We don't know for certain, I think. The map has been shown to be numbered but it didn't look like you're going to load between sections.

Oh my god, :same: brother. loving SAME.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Inzombiac posted:

And I thought I had some bad opinions on videogames

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Willo567 posted:

So I just had this weird thing happen on my Switch. I put it in sleep mode overnight while Animal Crossing was in suspended play, and when I came home from work, I got a message saying that the game card had been removed, even though I didn't touch it. Has anyone else gotten this before?

Mine did the same (BotW), and i haven't pulled it out in months.
I did just get an update? Popped it out/in and it has been fine.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Willo567 posted:

This happened to me two nights in a row last week. Once with Pikmin 3, once with Immortals Fennec Foxing. Both in the morning after the switch being asleep overnight.

I blew in the cartridge slot in case it was a dust thing and it hasn’t happened again. Kinda worrying though

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Probably elves checking to see what Switch games you have so Santa won’t give you duplicates.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Always eternally hoping that KOTOR 1 and 2 make the jump from Android to Switch.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Hedrigall posted:

This happened to me two nights in a row last week. Once with Pikmin 3, once with Immortals Fennec Foxing. Both in the morning after the switch being asleep overnight.

I blew in the cartridge slot in case it was a dust thing and it hasn’t happened again. Kinda worrying though

Maybe the new update caused an issue with games suspended while in sleep mode? While I was trying to see if anyone else online had this issue, I found one other person who had the issue, and they reported it this month

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Happened with me and BotW the other day

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Finally started Hades and while I like it, god everything is so microscopic. I can't read poo poo. Is there a way to make the text bigger?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1338650446437740546?s=19

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Finally started Hades and while I like it, god everything is so microscopic. I can't read poo poo. Is there a way to make the text bigger?

Play on a 60 inch TV

I've never played it mobile but I can see how it could be problematic hmm

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

DONKEY KONG COUNTRY YESSSS. Finally I can play all three.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Would have never guessed Super Valis IV would come to Switch Online someday. Cool!

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Len posted:

Happened with me and BotW the other day

This sounds like it's a recent issue then. I hope it doesn't have to do with the card reader wearing out

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
It did this to my Pokemon Sword cartridge, too. Thankfully, I didn't lose any data.

Burnt Poffin
Oct 10, 2012

Willo567 posted:

I also had this issue with Animal Crossing, but only after I swapped it out to play another game. My Switch gave me an error message when I replaced the AC card. First and only time, so far, with my Switch that happened, though it did happen several times with my 3DS when swapping carts.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

The Bloop posted:

Play on a 60 inch TV

I've never played it mobile but I can see how it could be problematic hmm

Yeah I've only ever played on mobile and it's....challengingly small areas you're peering at.

Need them dam bifocals I reckon

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Never had a problem with the text size in handheld mode myself but I hope they patch in a setting to bump it up for you folks.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They won't. They added a system wide zoom function to help but it's up to the devs to design different UIs for handheld and docked and basically none of them ever do.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
So is there a secret link at the end of the YouTube video for the SNES & NES December Games trailer or is it just on my end?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n545MB4Y43s

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
What

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

There's like a music video that's not just a recommended random video that pops up in the last three seconds of the video for some reason.

It's weird.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Aerofallosov posted:

It did this to my Pokemon Sword cartridge, too. Thankfully, I didn't lose any data.

So I guess this is just a common issue, and not anything to worry about?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Viewtiful Jew posted:

So is there a secret link at the end of the YouTube video for the SNES & NES December Games trailer or is it just on my end?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n545MB4Y43s

If it links to this song then yeah, I see it. I think somebody made an oopsie when uploading the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCU3voYAmIQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Nightshade is a deep cut. Anyone else ever play it? I always saw the box at either Hastings or Blockbuster and wanted to rent it but never did because it was never in.