Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Vigil for Virgil posted:

It's the Luis Suarez defense "It's not racism it's my culture"

I loving hate Luis Suarez.

That said, where's he from?

Because if the answer isn't "an English speaking imperialistic culture" then he may have a different perspective than you and it might not be total dogshit when he says that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I loving hate Luis Suarez.

Because if the answer isn't "an English speaking imperialistic culture" then he may have a different perspective than you and it might not be total dogshit when he says that.

Oh no

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Source your quotes

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Ah, we've hit the meme troll part of the conversation.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Point at my racism, you sensationalist knob.

I know you are too thick to understand this, but defending racism = racism.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
You're entitled to your opinion Cannon_Fodder, but I can't say I agree with you. I don't think you are a racist and I don't think the ref was intending to be a racist, but if you can't see a problem with what he said and why you really shouldn't say that kind of stuff then I don't know what to tell you.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

oliwan posted:

I know you are too thick to understand this, but defending racism = racism.

I know you are too thick to understand this, but racism is a concept and concepts are interpreted through a cultural context.

I'm also not endorsing the decision, but that's lost on you.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

if you already agree that the ref could have said things in a better way what the gently caress are you even arguing against

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Gigi Galli posted:

You're entitled to your opinion Cannon_Fodder, but I can't say I agree with you. I don't think you are a racist and I don't think the ref was intending to be a racist, but if you can't see a problem with what he said and why you really shouldn't say that kind of stuff then I don't know what to tell you.

Let's look this over then.

quote:

I don't think you are a racist and I don't think the ref was intending to be a racist

Interesting, so you get to have the exact same goddamn opinion I displayed in my original post.

I love this place hahaa.

Get'im boys!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gigi Galli posted:

:chloe:

oliwan fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Dec 10, 2020

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I know you are too thick to understand this, but racism is a concept and concepts are interpreted through a cultural context.

lol

racism is a concept... i am very smart.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Vegetable posted:

if you already agree that the ref could have said things in a better way what the gently caress are you even arguing against

he's saying it's PC/woke culture gone mad

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Cannon_Fodder posted:

yeah and the fact this long time high level ref after seeing all the issues in the news with race still went with "the black one" instead of a half dozen other things is telling imo

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
But have we considered that in other cultures being a racist piece of poo poo is cool and good, and so we're all being imperialist hypocrites for supporting Pierre Webo after he heard "negro" directed his way by an official?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Karl Sharks posted:

he's saying it's PC/woke culture gone mad

It's a case-by-case nuanced thing and in this incident, I think it's a misunderstanding across two different cultures. Not rampant intentional racism. Unfortunately, things are binary with some people.

Karl Sharks posted:

yeah and the fact this long time high level ref after seeing all the issues in the news with race still went with "the black one" instead of a half dozen other things is telling imo

This, too, is a salient point.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Out pops a smiling cannon_fodder

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

sassassin posted:

But have we considered that in other cultures being a racist piece of poo poo is cool and good, and so we're all being imperialist hypocrites for supporting Pierre Webo after he heard "negro" directed his way by an official?

if you think about it, it was the player's fault for accusing the ref of racism.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Listen is racism allowed now or not. I need to know before the match this weekend

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I think we need more racism because it brings posts and lols to all of us in these trying times

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
oliwan is definitely not a racist you can tell

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

African AIDS cum posted:

oliwan is definitely not a racist you can tell

He’s the other r word

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Bape Culture posted:

He’s the other r word

Lol

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
Romanian?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Please don't use slurs like that itt.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Telling on themselves everytime lmao

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

goons will die on such strange hills

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Cannon_Fodder posted:

That guy.

This fella.

The third one.

The dude with the mask.
Very specific and unique.

OR, the only black guy.
I mean, yeah, you used a unique feature to identify him.
Sorry man, black is said in a lot of languages and a lot of cultures without people making GBS threads their loving pantaloons.

The ref provided an excuse for pant-shittery much in the same way I provide one to my friends when I say "you guys want to go for drinks?" and there's a girl in the mix. what do you MEAN you GUYS. The escalations came from the dude thinking he got racism'd but gently caress, he was already throwing a loving fit. I think it was just an excuse.

That said, I'm glad the teams responded as they did and did something about it.

I don't defend racism. I also don't defend Karen if I can avoid it.

very good, but a few things to consider:
- would a karen not be on the side of the refs
- maybe avoid the ah, personal anecdotes
- how come youre glad the teams fell for this dastardly ruse

next time, side with an authority in the world of black footy like micah richards or john barnes https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/micah-ricahards-psg-istanbul-basaksehir-sebastian-coltescu-b1768498.html. when your critics move to attack, you just say, are you calling micah richards a racist oval office? are you calling john barnes dumb as poo poo? then sit back and watch the fireworks

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Bape Culture posted:

He’s the other r word

gently caress lmao

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

as an australian, i call black people black all the time and that's how i know its almost certainly racist as heck

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Bogan Krkic posted:

as an australian, i call black people black all the time and that's how i know its almost certainly racist as heck

It's cultural, it's fine

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

remember when taff didn't know abbo was a racial slur cos when he went to australia everyone said it all the time to describe a@@os

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Ajax megaflop Quincy Promes was arrested two days ago for allegedly stabbing his uncle during a party last summer

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Koesj posted:

Ajax megaflop Quincy Promes was arrested two days ago for allegedly stabbing his uncle during a party last summer

His scoring rate hasn't been that bad, has it?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

It showed Promes

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

not so much footballers as it is ultras, but noted hard-right apartheid club Beitar Jerusalem is now owned by an Emirati sheik and the locals are not happy about it

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Lol "crisis of introspection." If there's one thing racist ultras are known for it's introspection

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Well that's just drat funny

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

They were also the club that had fans melting down when they signed two Muslims from Chechnya. There's a documentary about it (Forever Pure) and you really feel bad for the one kid because he doesn't have a club whats going on.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/28/neymar-under-fire-for-macabre-week-long-new-years-eve-party?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Neymar continues to keep it classy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Good.