Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

China has troops on the Canadian border and is attempting a stealth invasion of the US to steal farm land and 50,000 Chinese soldiers just got nuked, am I reading this correctly?

And they're investing in paper mills.

This was a side-quest in Fallout 3 :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

China has troops on the Canadian border and is attempting a stealth invasion of the US to steal farm land and 50,000 Chinese soldiers just got nuked, am I reading this correctly?

STOP THE COUNT.

And yes. 50k troops we're nuked. In a war.

An invisible....war

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Lmao just bombing American soil with a B-2 no big

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

An invisible....war
Noisy Weapons for Invisible Wars.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
UPDATE pertaining to Executive Order 13848:

I believe there's confirmation that AG Barr has submitted the corresponding report to President Trump
First line of AG Barr's letter to Trump (12/14):

"I appreciate the opportunity to update you this afternoon on the Department's review of voter fraud allegations in the 2020 election and how these allegations will continue to be pursued. At a time when the country is so deeply divided, it is incumbent on all levels of government, and all agencies acting within their purview, to do all we can to assure the integrity of elections and promote public confidence in their outcome."
Now see the exact wording of EO 13848 Section 1(b):
"Within 45 days of receiving the assessment and information described in section 1(a) of this order, the Attorney General and the Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the heads of any other appropriate agencies and, as appropriate, State and local officials, shall deliver to the President, the Secretary of State, the Secretary of the Treasury, and the Secretary of Defense a report evaluating, with respect to the United States election that is the subject of the assessment described in section 1(a):
(i) the extent to which any foreign interference that targeted election infrastructure materially affected the security or integrity of that infrastructure, the tabulation of votes, or the timely transmission of election results; and
(ii) if any foreign interference involved activities targeting the infrastructure of, or pertaining to, a political organization, campaign, or candidate, the extent to which such activities materially affected the security or integrity of that infrastructure, including by unauthorized access to, disclosure or threatened disclosure of, or alteration or falsification of, information or data."
We already have confirmation from DNI Ratcliffe from a couple weeks ago that they did indeed conclude there was foreign interference in the election.

It's only a matter of time before the inevitable happens...

NOTHING CAN STOP WHAT IS COMING

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

https://twitter.com/plumenom/status/1338338264344883200

:lol:

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

OctaMurk posted:

UPDATE pertaining to Executive Order 13848:

I believe there's confirmation that AG Barr has submitted the corresponding report to President Trump
First line of AG Barr's letter to Trump (12/14):

"I appreciate the opportunity to update you this afternoon on the Department's review of voter fraud allegations in the 2020 election and how these allegations will continue to be pursued. At a time when the country is so deeply divided, it is incumbent on all levels of government, and all agencies acting within their purview, to do all we can to assure the integrity of elections and promote public confidence in their outcome."
Now see the exact wording of EO 13848 Section 1(b):
"Within 45 days of receiving the assessment and information described in section 1(a) of this order, the Attorney General and the Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the heads of any other appropriate agencies and, as appropriate, State and local officials, shall deliver to the President, the Secretary of State, the Secretary of the Treasury, and the Secretary of Defense a report evaluating, with respect to the United States election that is the subject of the assessment described in section 1(a):
(i) the extent to which any foreign interference that targeted election infrastructure materially affected the security or integrity of that infrastructure, the tabulation of votes, or the timely transmission of election results; and
(ii) if any foreign interference involved activities targeting the infrastructure of, or pertaining to, a political organization, campaign, or candidate, the extent to which such activities materially affected the security or integrity of that infrastructure, including by unauthorized access to, disclosure or threatened disclosure of, or alteration or falsification of, information or data."
We already have confirmation from DNI Ratcliffe from a couple weeks ago that they did indeed conclude there was foreign interference in the election.

It's only a matter of time before the inevitable happens...

NOTHING CAN STOP WHAT IS COMING

How do they integrate in that Barr just resigned effective the 23rd?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Murgos posted:

How do they integrate in that Barr just resigned effective the 23rd?

Full disclosure will be humanity's final revelation, ushering in a new Golden Age of liberty and enlightenment.

It all starts with exposing the corrupt political elite and draining the swamp that's held down the freest country in the world for generations. "The best is yet to come" ~ President Trump

"For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, nor hidden that will not be known." ~ Luke 12:2

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Just LOL if you don’t know that Barr’s brain will be swapped into Rosen’s body so he can complete his good works without the interference of the DEEP STATE.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV. Paper Mill. Trees. Brain. Damage.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i have footage of the battle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oka1XfJuSc8

bunker buster nuked.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I really dont understand how they would think a nuclear bunker buster would kill 50k soldiers. I mean what the gently caress is this? are they all standing on each others shoulders in a giant cube, inside a quickly build military base that is 1,000 ft down?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Is the base disguised as a mall and built around a dimensional portal?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Can someone repost the q thing claiming that there would be tribunals broadcast on every channel Sunday/Monday?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The Frankfurt shootout between CIA blackops mercenaries and US Army Special Forces Operators was already very silly but at least those were small numbers of dudes not 50 thousand ChiCom soldiers.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Has anyone seen that Star Trek episode with the planet that fought a computer-simulated war because both sides mutually agreed that using real weapons would destroy too much infrastructure and capital.

A virtual nuclear strike happens while Kirk is meeting with one side's leaders, and everyone's like "whoops we just got hit by fusion bombs, we're all dead" while the Enterprise crew just looks at each other all :wtc:

And then they're informed that they were listed as casualties in the computer so they have to report for execution. Even as a kid, there's so many things wrong with that premise. I thought the people on that planet would have to be impossibly stupid for the plot to work, but turns out it wasn't stupid enough.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Dec 15, 2020

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Are we sure this isn't just viral marketing for the latest Call of Duty game?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/alexwgoldenberg/status/1338722574512041985?s=21

Carnival of Shrews
Mar 27, 2013

You're not David Attenborough

ponzicar posted:

Are we sure this isn't just viral marketing for the latest Call of Duty game?

I wondered if Neal Stephenson had written another novel in lockdown.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I really dont understand how they would think a nuclear bunker buster would kill 50k soldiers. I mean what the gently caress is this? are they all standing on each others shoulders in a giant cube, inside a quickly build military base that is 1,000 ft down?

its because these dipshits think warhammer 40k level casualty numbers are realistic. it cant be something like "couple hundred maybe died" or something. it has to be insane fanfiction type poo poo "and than a trillion fuckin reds died and the soldiers bayonated the surving commies while aroused/crying/singing the national anthem. like loving fallout 3 actually made jokes about that with the anchorage VR dlc. where its super loving clear the general making the vr project added a bunch of dumb super insane poo poo because he wanted his pyrrhic victory to sound way way better and cooler

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

I don't even think they're saying it's a mini nuke, just a 30,000 pound MOAB (I think the GBU-43 is the largest in our arsenal and clocks in at 21,600 pounds). But, like, getting 1/3rd the casualties of Hiroshima from a bunker buster, and that happening on US soil without major reporting, is the kind of insanity that's classic Q. (Also, they seem to be mixing up bomb weight and blast yield. Even the GBU-43 only yields 11 tons of blast.)

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

VitalSigns posted:

Has anyone seen that Star Trek episode with the planet that fought a computer-simulated war because both sides mutually agreed that using real weapons would destroy too much infrastructure and capital.

Okay...

quote:

A virtual nuclear strike happens while Kirk is meeting with one side's leaders, and everyone's like "whoops we just got hit by fusion bombs, we're all dead" while the Enterprise crew just looks at each other all :wtc:

Okay...

quote:

And then they're informed that they were listed as casualties in the computer so they have to report for execution.

Oooooh...okay, :wtc:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

LanceHunter posted:

I don't even think they're saying it's a mini nuke, just a 30,000 pound MOAB (I think the GBU-43 is the largest in our arsenal and clocks in at 21,600 pounds). But, like, getting 1/3rd the casualties of Hiroshima from a bunker buster, and that happening on US soil without major reporting, is the kind of insanity that's classic Q. (Also, they seem to be mixing up bomb weight and blast yield. Even the GBU-43 only yields 11 tons of blast.)

i mean its mix of child poo poo (than my super duper bomber dropped an 11ty billion trillion pound bomb and killed everyone) mixed with weird mental illness/chud conspiracy poo poo.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

...I know these people are completely bugfuck insane, but a Bunker Buster was dropped on Robbinson Maine? Wouldn't people like, I dunno, HEAR or SEE that?

Like the secret shoot-out at the German Servers was one thing: this is like "yeah everyone in a 5-10 mile radius would FEEL that;how would anyone possibly cover that up?" :psyduck:

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

TulliusCicero posted:

...I know these people are completely bugfuck insane, but a Bunker Buster was dropped on Robbinson Maine? Wouldn't people like, I dunno, HEAR or SEE that?

Like the secret shoot-out at the German Servers was one thing: this is like "yeah everyone in a 5-10 mile radius would FEEL that;how would anyone possibly cover that up?" :psyduck:

Crazy poo poo happening but remaining undetectable is a vital part of any conspiracy theory. Like, people forget, but the reason the term "black helicopters" was so associated with conspiracy theories in the 90s was because the conspiracy theorists had decided that the government/UN/whatever boogeyman had developed super-high-tech helicopters that made absolutely no noise. That way they could say that there was some secret helicopter deployment of nefarious people doing nefarious poo poo, and be able to handwave away the questions about how no one heard one of the noisiest aircraft in existence.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

TulliusCicero posted:

Way smaller bombs (1 ton) dropped on the Camp Pendleton range set off car alarms 6 miles away. Yeah, a bomb 10x that size is going to be noticed.

edit: VVV Dude most people, if pressed to it, think that both army's still line up and march across a battlefield shooting at each other as it is often shown in popular media. That a strong offensive today may have a platoon spread out over a couple of hundred yards of front, that you can't even see and wouldn't know is there, is beyond comprehension.

Murgos fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Dec 15, 2020

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

50,000 people is like a small loving town how do they think they all fit within a single bunker?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Dr. VooDoo posted:

50,000 people is like a small loving town how do they think they all fit within a single bunker?

I looked it up and the cheyenne mountain complex can house like 2k. That took like 6 years to build.

How big of a loving base do they think China was secretly able to build?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

wilderthanmild posted:

I looked it up and the cheyenne mountain complex can house like 2k. That took like 6 years to build.

Well you see, with China’s shrink ray that they use...

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

wilderthanmild posted:

Well you see commies don't care about living conditions

y'all putting more thought into your questions than they did their answers.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

wilderthanmild posted:

Well duh, clearly the Canadians helped them! :downs:

For (???)

They probably think they bore through their side of the world and ended up in Maine: who the gently caress knows

Can anyone tell me why Canada plays so heavily in this poo poo now? Is Justin Trudeau of all people a "communist"? :lol:

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Lib and let die posted:

My favourite Original Series episode.

With a classic Kirk era resolution and speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKmUd0zHW4w

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Wouldn't dropping a huge bomb on Maine disturb all the trans-dimensional clown monsters?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

TulliusCicero posted:

The tweet thread explains that away as the media reporting an earthquake in the vicinity.

They think the Men In Black movie is real life where crazy poo poo happens and then men in dark glasses show up and tell witnesses "uh what you thought was a ufo was actually just the full moon reflecting off a bubble of warm rising swamp gas" and everyone just goes with it because they are sheep or possibly subjects of mind control

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

wilderthanmild posted:

If you followed the tweet chain you'd know about D.U.M.B.s, there was a video and everything.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Lib and let die posted:

So while the premise is dumb, there's two things going on. The first is that while the attacks are simulated, they're also backed up by the threat of "If you don't keep your word and kill the people that got hit in the virtual attack, we'll use real weapons this time."

Second is that the lesson being taught there is that the war has become so mundane that the people have essentially become desensitized to it. Which is actually a bit relevant today with things like drone strikes, where (to an extent) people are protected from the ramifications of what they're doing when they attack.

Honestly it's a lot better than the episode where they come to a planet that just happens to have had exactly the same history as Earth had by sheer coincidence, and they have copies of the US Constitution and Declaration of Independence that they can't read until Kirk shows up.

TulliusCicero posted:

Can anyone tell me why Canada plays so heavily in this poo poo now? Is Justin Trudeau of all people a "communist"? :lol:

Because it's a country that borders the US where the leader is on good terms with China, and of course Trudeau is the leftiest lefty to ever left right behind Joe Biden, so of course he's working with China to secretly invade the US.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Twelve by Pies posted:

Because it's a country that borders the US where the leader is on good terms with China, and of course Trudeau is the leftiest lefty to ever left right behind Joe Biden, so of course he's working with China to secretly invade the US.

Uh, no he's not

Canada arrested the CFO (I believe) of Huawei to extradite to the US and the Chinese government isn't very happy about that

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Oh whoops. Well then that makes the idea that China is secretly harboring soldiers in Canada for a US invasion even dumber.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Captain Monkey posted:

Well you see, with China’s shrink ray that they use...

I keep saying! Everyone wants to sleep on the shrink ray! But the shrink ray, man. The shrink ray's how they get you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Danknificent posted:

I keep saying! Everyone wants to sleep on the shrink ray! But the shrink ray, man. The shrink ray's how they get you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtu-7xvN7mw