Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Ryan Satin turning out to be some rich failson would be entirely unsurprising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

What are the chances that Satin does this completely for free or an intern-level pay grade just to say he works for Fox Sports as WWE's analyst

This is what I always suspected and Bix's amazing effortpost (thanks Bix!) makes me even more sure of it.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

Ryan Satin turning out to be some rich failson would be entirely unsurprising.

His dad's a TV producer that's been churning out lovely reality TV and hidden camera shows since the 00's, including a prank show called "Smile...You're Under Arrest" starring Joe Arpaio that Ryan was a production assistant on.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sexweird Sting is completely amazing

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
That sounds like some kind of "what if AEW was run like WWE is" thought experiment gone horribly wrong.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

this is amazing

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

e

JUNGLE BOY fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jun 18, 2022

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Have Darby hit Sting over the head with a skateboard and he comes back as Joker Sting

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pinche Rudo posted:

Have Darby hit Sting over the head with a skateboard and he comes back as Joker Sting

You're awful, Terry.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

:wtc:

I want to believe that’s a joke, but it reads just real enough to be some weirdo’s fan fiction that he really wants to come true

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

This does not deserve to be here.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I thought the wrestling dreams thread was closed?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pinche Rudo posted:

Joker Sting but he's the incel Joker from Joker instead of The Dark Knight

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisHardy91/status/1338961433124474880

This is one of the dumbest gotchas i have seen in a while because giving it more than a second of thought shows its a real bad comparison for WWE above anything else.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I never want to see this happen but at the same time I absolutely love it

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

https://twitter.com/TheBradShepard/status/1338203902827696131?s=19

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

RealFoxy posted:

What are the chances that Satin does this completely for free or an intern-level pay grade just to say he works for Fox Sports as WWE's analyst
I'm not sure I'd go that far, especially with him leaving Collider for it (unless of course they were cutting his pay big or something like that), but...something feels off, yes. I did find other bylines (it looks like their new CMS might not even include a byline component/like it has to be added manually in the body of the article, which is strange and ominous at best), but there's clearly SOMETHING off about this, the question is just if it's a major or minor component of the situation.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
I thought he disappeared finally? But...JFC. He was so close to it just being a lovely wrestling take and then...yeah.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

close this thread

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

brad shepard has never seen keith lee wrestle.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The first time I saw Lee was with Tomohiro Ishii. Lee took like 3 bumps. The whole match was him playing immovable object that the Stone Pitbull had to chop down like a fuckin' redwood. He also did a moonsault. You can wrestle like a big man and still do some flips.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gaz-L posted:

The first time I saw Lee was with Tomohiro Ishii. Lee took like 3 bumps. The whole match was him playing immovable object that the Stone Pitbull had to chop down like a fuckin' redwood. He also did a moonsault. You can wrestle like a big man and still do some flips.

Bam Bam Bigelow & Vader's moonsaults will always rule

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

if you don't love a big fat guy doing flips just never watch wrestling again because it's wasted on you

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
"He's monotone" is the most glaring one of these. Name a main eventer in WWE that is anything but monotone. Its a crisis of writing and direction not performance.

Drew Galloway and Drew McIntyre are the same person. How?!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Bam Bam Bigelow & Vader's moonsaults 's cartwheel will always rule

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Hell Jeff Cobb was a big guy that did flips but because he was actually monotone in the ring he was the biggest underachiever in 2019 G1. The difference being he was monotone outside WWE and he spent 2020 vastly improving to the point hes living up to his Matanza potential again.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/EpicMikeyC/status/1338969273537064960?s=20

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

every time reddit dudes try to be funny they fail really badly. it's an entire website of dudes whose jokes kill the conversation when they're hanging with their fellow skinny fat patchy beard IT guys drinking IPAs and watching marvel movies

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009

davidbix posted:

I'm not sure I'd go that far, especially with him leaving Collider for it (unless of course they were cutting his pay big or something like that), but...something feels off, yes. I did find other bylines (it looks like their new CMS might not even include a byline component/like it has to be added manually in the body of the article, which is strange and ominous at best), but there's clearly SOMETHING off about this, the question is just if it's a major or minor component of the situation.

i think it's just so funny that he put a self-imposed ban on discussing any other wrestling promotion on his own personal twitter account. he's one of my favorite follows on twitter though, but i can't interact with him because he's quick with the block button. i just have to watch in the distance as this man capes for the wwe while being paid/potentially not being paid and wonder.

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009

i remember this guy, but didn't realize he was a full qanon maga guy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Eat My Fuc posted:

every time reddit dudes try to be funny they fail really badly. it's an entire website of dudes whose jokes kill the conversation when they're hanging with their fellow skinny fat patchy beard IT guys drinking IPAs and watching marvel movies

Marvel movies are good

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Can't believe the old Dixie-era TNA in TEW game thread leaked to Reddit so recently.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Look at Handsome Brad Shepard with his acres of room to insult the appearance of others

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
...why even bother styling the beard if it's that thin? And you know he's let it grow out for like 3 months.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i heard he's a qanon chud but there's no way he's further to the right than his lightroom sliders

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
https://twitter.com/the59thsecond/status/1196897320513757186

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Still lolling at Sting's Sexual Odyssey

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Love to see PSPeeps getting their Twitter dunks in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001