Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

https://twitter.com/ZePoolio/status/1338979553230942208

shut this thread down, this is it, the worst tweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

ItohRespectArmy posted:

https://twitter.com/ZePoolio/status/1338979553230942208

shut this thread down, this is it, the worst tweet.

layers. a blooming onion of loving idiocy

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Just having a normal one over at SCJerk

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

what does bisexual red mean.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

That one I'm still trying to figure out, i assume it's related to some byzantine in-joke whose origins are lost to the mists of time.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Joker Sting but he's the incel Joker from Joker instead of The Dark Knight

"Tony, one small thing?"
"Yeah?"
"When you bring me out, can you yell It's Sting?"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

ItohRespectArmy posted:

I googled and i do not think this is the top result they were expecting

https://www.daleysfruit.com.au/Shop/South_American_FruitsPawpaw.html

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ItohRespectArmy posted:

I think it's about Aubrey. They really loving hate her for some strange (totally not misogynistic) reason.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Dec 16, 2020

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

drat, they don't even know how to do bigotry right, WWE really does give your brainworms.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Pylons posted:

I think it's about Aubrey. They really loving hate her for some strange (totally not misogynistic) reason.

its loving bullshit the fans all love her. Its Not How Its Done

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Pylons posted:

I assume it's some attempt at a Kenny Omega diss?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pylons posted:

Oh, is the bullshit about her makeup? I assumed it was some kind of shot at Omega.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Pylons posted:

I had forgotten Aubrey was vocal in bisexual visibility and just loved her for being the absolute best. How do you get marks to go over 100?

Thank you creeps and weirdos for reminding me some people just utterly rule.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

ItohRespectArmy posted:

scjerk is full of the_donald refugee bigots

wow, definitely not a hate subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/SCJerk/search?q=bisexual&restrict_sr=1

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Can we add referees being actual parts of the match with individual identities to things AEW brought back to the mainstream? NJPW never stopped with Red Shoes and Tiger Hattori and the indies developed Rick Knox into the coked up hoss he us now. But in a WWE tging they became obsessed with referees needing to be invisible as to be identifiable took away from the stars.

loving UFC worked out that iconic refs mattered even if their icon is being totally loving poo poo so we had someone to insult.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Defiance Industries posted:

I assume it's some attempt at a Kenny Omega diss?

No, I'm fairly sure it's about Aubrey and, specifically, her lipstick.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

JUNGLE BOY posted:

scjerk is full of the_donald refugee bigots

wow, definitely not a hate subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/SCJerk/search?q=bisexual&restrict_sr=1

Holy poo poo the replies to this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SCJerk/comments/jsw2xr/meta_lets_knock_it_off_with_the_brandy_isnt_black/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

For some reason they just don't like Aubrey

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Lid posted:

Can we add referees being actual parts of the match with individual identities to things AEW brought back to the mainstream? NJPW never stopped with Red Shoes and Tiger Hattori and the indies developed Rick Knox into the coked up hoss he us now. But in a WWE tging they became obsessed with referees needing to be invisible as to be identifiable took away from the stars.

I agree with this except in WWE it would inevitably lead to heel refs (Scott Armstrong), and they aggravate the poo poo out of me.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I like (hate) how in the plea to stop being racist the OP can't help but make a racist dig against Cody for having a Cuban mother.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

jesus christ the more I look the worse it gets, that place is the loving abyss

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i reported it to reddit for being a hate subreddit citing some of those examples. it probably won't do anything, but every now and then reddit has to make a show of banning a couple hundred hate subreddits to act like they actually do any moderation of their site, so... fingers crossed

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

just looking for an Attainable friend

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Cavauro posted:

just looking for an Attainable friend

we all are, cav

we all are

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

smoking crow
quote my post
in the thread
it belongs

wrestle 'pinions
dead chris regal
quote my post
smoking crow

i know you did. goodbye my friend

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Gaz-L posted:

Oh, is the bullshit about her makeup? I assumed it was some kind of shot at Omega.
I...guess so? She's talked about her particular choice of the bright red lipstick.

Aubrey is pretty much the nicest person on the face of the planet, so this says a *lot* about that sub even before you get into the bigotry.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Cavauro posted:

smoking crow
quote my post
in the thread
it belongs

wrestle 'pinions
dead chris regal
quote my post
smoking crow

i know you did. goodbye my friend

Thank you for the song

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

don't platform scjerk unless there are really funny bad takes.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
How to fix WWE? Bring back Vince and more authority figures!

https://twitter.com/wrestlelamia/status/1339186980253552641

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Most of those are good points

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rarity posted:

Most of those are good points

Most are just meaningless truisms at this point that won't make any real impact on the product. "Bigger summer storylines" and no more gimmick PPVs mean nothing when one of their ideas is "Make HHH creative director of Raw." So they don't actually want any shakeups, HHH has already been head of creative in this company and the creative sucked then too.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Most are just meaningless truisms at this point that won't make any real impact on the product. "Bigger summer storylines" and no more gimmick PPVs mean nothing when one of their ideas is "Make HHH creative director of Raw." So they don't actually want any shakeups, HHH has already been head of creative in this company and the creative sucked then too.

Sure, but stuff like "stop having all these fuckin old guys" is a good point still. So are several others.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

How to fix WWE? Bring back Vince and more authority figures!

https://twitter.com/wrestlelamia/status/1339186980253552641

What an idiot, Summer was fired so they can't do any stories with her! :rolleyes:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

What an idiot, Summer was fired so they can't do any stories with her! :rolleyes:

She comes back and becomes the WWE version of Kenny. Wins all the big titles on all three shows. Retires Brock Lesnar in a squash.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

You can't really fix the sort of sickness WWE has.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

You can't really fix the sort of sickness WWE has.

Yeah the only way to "fix" it at this point would be every single person in management being replaced from the top down.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Having old guys isn’t really a huge problem in and of itself. Having old guys who always go over the younger talent is though.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
You can have old guys on top. You can't have the same old guys always on top for prolonged periods of time. Sure, keep Randy Orton around the main event scene*, but elevate more than one new person to that level.

*I would have picked someone else but ok...

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Vince MechMahon posted:

Sure, but stuff like "stop having all these fuckin old guys" is a good point still. So are several others.

Old guys can be good, this person wants to bring back Vince McMahon. What legends are even the problem this year? People claimed to like The Boneyard. Are people ready to admit it was bad?

"Give us bigger summer storylines" what does this even mean? This summer you got Retribution a months long storyline of a group that wanted to tear down WWE. That's a big storyline.

It completely sucked.

The MITB winner has been feuding with the World Champion ever since he got the briefcase. This is theoretically important. It sucks.

Both of these are trying to ask for "good storylines" but they are so caught up in WWE brain that they can't see that asking for these things doesn't mean it will be good.

It's not even putting bandaids on, it's re-arranging deck chairs. It's hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I am so sick of authority figures, GMs, match makers, whatever. I'm already getting bad vibes from Tony Kahn and Don Callis being bigger characters now on a weekly basis. The loving 90s wrestling boom has somehow made people think this is a requirement for a promotion. The quality and nose-dive of wrestling popularity post 2000 would indicate it isn't a requirement at all. And often makes the wrestlers look like weak and secondary characters when they should be the ones being stars.

William Regal doesn't bother me much because while an authority figure, he still presents his motivations and actions as dependent on booking. i.e., if a superstar starts picking up impressive wins, he's going to try to create even more exciting match-ups or title opportunities. They've stayed away from things like Regal abusing his authority or setting himself up as the focal point of any feuds. I am totally fine with a commissioner who makes matches and is occasionally seen here or there, but not a major character constantly sucking all the oxygen away from the wrestlers.