Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

pixaal posted:

Last time was Midnight PST I believe. Get some sleep don't stay up to binge 3 hours you wont be good for work, and if you have the day off you'll enjoy the show more when you are rested.

If you are in Europe and looking for the time after work that you can watch I'd check in around midnight EST first to see if they switched to East Coast but Amazon is located on the West Coast so I doubt they'd do that.

Thanks, I got caught up playing Hades since Thanksgiving so only half way through Season 3 on my rewatch. May wait until I get to the end of S3 to start. Maybe binge S4 this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Season 5 is up on Prime for me.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Well that was earlier this year

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Yeah, but it's only the first 3 episodes. I'm currently watching the first episode, but I may just quit watching and wait until the season is done at the start of February.

I honestly just hate watching weekly releases anymore.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
IT'S LIVE!!! :tviv:

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Wooo!! Not sure where you guys are but I'm west coast and it's up for me too!

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Yep, :siren: we're up.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

pixaal posted:

Well that was earlier this year
They did the same thing with The Boys. All of Amazon's marketing said new episodes went up on Friday and they posted every single episode Thursday, sometimes as early as 6 PM EST.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I like this set

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Well, time to see you guys in a few days!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
return to the churn baby!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Prime Video doesn't seem to do 4K on PC.

gently caress you, Amazon.

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
vfx are 10/10 so far and nothing's even happened yet

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

veni veni veni posted:

I hope Marco wins me over. Not in that I need to like him, at this point in time he is a straight up villain but but atm I think he just kind of sucks and I hope they can make me have some sort of stronger feelings about him being a character so big that his face takes up 80% of the poster for the new season.

The show has turned me around on plenty of other characters that that I didn't initially care for though. Miller, Avasarala, Bobbie...

Marco always sucks but the reason he's on the poster should be pretty apparent quickly, first episode wouldn't shock me

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Watched episode 1. Show is really good! :toot:

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Episode 2: Tim and Erich: Awesome Show, Great Job!

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
I just distinctly heard a street vendor selling Khlav Kalash

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Show still good.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

lol @ bar

Ep 1: I am gonna be bothered by that 21 megatons though. That ain't poo poo. Reminds me of these books I read where the author clearly knows nothing about nukes and talks about a few one kiloton weapons causing planet-wide devastation.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Grand Fromage posted:

lol @ bar

Ep 1: I am gonna be bothered by that 21 megatons though. That ain't poo poo. Reminds me of these books I read where the author clearly knows nothing about nukes and talks about a few one kiloton weapons causing planet-wide devastation.

the real 21 megatons is the yield of the bomb Bobbie dropped there god drat

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Kazinsal posted:

the real 21 megatons is the yield of the bomb Bobbie dropped there god drat

Bobbie always good.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
In episode three the carpet where Alex is staying is the same carpet as the overlook hotel from the Shining.

Loren
Nov 9, 2005
Master of Chaos
The new character Sakai is a ton of fun. She's the engineer/manager belter lady on Tycho station.

The Western/Cowboy themed restaurant that Alex Kemal went to on Mars was great too. I love that due to a quirk of immigration patterns to Mars during the early days of its colonization that there were a large number of Texans and a large number of South Asians that arrived and blended together to become a notable portion of the population. The cowboy bar was a nice reminder that he's not that much of a weirdo by Martian standards.

Overall loving the new season.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"you crazy, ke, you know what they gonna do in there?"
"yep."

some real good "amos crazy eyes" in there.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Loren posted:

The new character Sakai is a ton of fun. She's the engineer/manager belter lady on Tycho station.

The Western/Cowboy themed restaurant that Alex Kemal went to on Mars was great too. I love that due to a quirk of immigration patterns to Mars during the early days of its colonization that there were a large number of Texans and a large number of South Asians that arrived and blended together to become a notable portion of the population. The cowboy bar was a nice reminder that he's not that much of a weirdo by Martian standards.

Overall loving the new season.

Going by Bobbie's reaction I'm sure he's still a weirdo to some Martians

Great scene.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I feel like this season doesn't do a great job of explaining stuff if you haven't read The Churn. I have, but watching the first couple episodes I was imagining I would be pretty confused if I hadn't.

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

Nail Rat posted:

I feel like this season doesn't do a great job of explaining stuff if you haven't read The Churn. I have, but watching the first couple episodes I was imagining I would be pretty confused if I hadn't.

I haven't read it, felt like it made since to me...kid has lovely(vast understatement) childhood comes back to morn the death of his mother. Sees things are still lovely but his "buddy" is in charge now. There are probably some subtleties to his relationship to Eric I am missing but the broad strokes are there. If anything it feels a little shallow as an introduction to Amos's character in season 5 of the show. All the really good character beats we have already seen in other contexts.

But maybe I am wrong, let me know.

If anything I thought that the last shot of episode three was a little corny. Guy looks up from mundane task to see his impending doom approaching feels done.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Binged all three. Great stuff all around. Book reader here so wasn't surprised where they ended at, felt like the right spot to do so. Can't wait for the reactions.

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

:lol: Murtry'sAMOS' bag.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
For anyone curious about the location of the final scene of Episode 3:

This is the translation of the sign. it's a South African language.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Joe Mantis posted:

I just distinctly heard a street vendor selling Khlav Kalash

Subtitles had it as crab goulash, fwiw, but I for sure thought the same thing, haha

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
Well whoever transcribed the subtitles either doesn't know the joke or had to keep it Legally Distinct™

But like drat, I had to pause right there because it was so out of the blue I couldn't stop laughing. Then once I pulled it together they follow through with "no bowl, stick! stick!" :kstare:

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Aw man. Amos thinking it's the coolest poo poo that Earth considers him Holden's pet murderer didn't survive.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Was it just my lovely tv or did they do a bunch of airbrushing on Avasarala? It seemed really obvious and offputting to me.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Enjoyed the hell out of all 3 episodes so far.

Every scene with Amos is the best scene.

Nail Rat posted:

I've not read it, but I either picked up enough from the main books or this thread at some point that it was all pretty clear.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I should have been in bed but I cannot go without watching all 3.

So was the first nudity on the show? Drummer was not who i would have expected but she doesn't give a gently caress But drat Drummers whole thing is intense. She is not going to gently caress around when going for Ashfords revenge.

Scenes with Amos on Earth was great He legit there to do good. I liked the scenes with the old guy and even with his old buddy. Here is a male character who's background was being a prostitute, no one ever does that
Alex's stuff was less interesting, loved the design of his two bars though. Well at least until he got jumped

Tycho stuff was great, I was legit worried for the reporter lady. Thought she'd get offed there but nope. Pretty intense scenes there.

Bobbies stuff is still great. I love her punisher level of hardware hidden away. You know, Mandolorian should recast Cara Dune with Frankie Adams. I don't think she's a terf, and can kick rear end with the best of them.

I knew Naomi's trip was going to turn out bad. It's pretty clear Filip is a huge piece of poo poo and a fanatic and his mother who abandoned him and hasn't contacted him in like 20 years isn't going turn him, it's just going to make him more angry. Especially with a famous mom who is directly connected to the Inners. Also I've seen some stuff "oh Marco isn't the villain you think". I find it hard to believe the poo poo he's done is justified. Like he got a huge number of innocent people killed for what? It's not going to change anything, it's going to make things a million times worse.

The bartender in the bar with Naomi is a regular at the store I work at. He was also in an episode in the first season.

I like that while it looks pretty lovely, the earth isn't a total dystopia. There's trees and fish. Well, there was.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Dec 16, 2020

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Ep 1: "Claiming to have brain damage is not the way to sell me on this, son." :lol:

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
Holden: "There was a button, I pushed it."
Johnson: "Jesus Christ. That's really how you go through life, isn't it?"

LOL

everydayfalls posted:

I haven't read it, felt like it made since to me...kid has lovely(vast understatement) childhood comes back to morn the death of his mother. Sees things are still lovely but his "buddy" is in charge now. There are probably some subtleties to his relationship to Eric I am missing but the broad strokes are there. If anything it feels a little shallow as an introduction to Amos's character in season 5 of the show. All the really good character beats we have already seen in other contexts.

But maybe I am wrong, let me know.

If anything I thought that the last shot of episode three was a little corny. Guy looks up from mundane task to see his impending doom approaching feels done.

Part of the fun in the books is that this is all told from Amos's point of view (the first time we ever see inside his head in all the books thus far), and it is interesting seeing him try to process the concept of grief within the limited emotional responses he is capable of. He beats the poo poo out of those guys on the ship because he knows what it feels like to get into a fight and it helps him shake the unfamiliar emotions he is feeling at the time. His encounter with Eric in the office is the first time someone points out to him that he isn't the same person that left Earth, a thing he isn't capable of seeing himself since he is basically incapable of self-reflection.

Anonymous Zebra fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Dec 16, 2020

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I'm only one episode in and need a couple questions answered:
Holden tells Monica she looks different. I'm comparing screens and see nothing different about her. Is there some joke I'm missing here?
Bobby gets a call from some woman thankful that she bought her way past the ring. Who is this again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

DaveKap posted:

Bobby gets a call from some woman thankful that she bought her way past the ring. Who is this again?

She was the wife of smuggler boss who died last season, iirc.