Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Some of it is just sheer talent. They aren't a licensed company so no one is scanning Urban's face. The digital sculptors are just damned good at what they do.

That video is pretty neat, they use hand painting and sculpting to add in the finer details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

etalian posted:

That video is pretty neat, they use hand painting and sculpting to add in the finer details.

I never thought I'd learn anything from "Teen Kids News!" but here we are.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

Higher end toys these days are all digitally sculpted and then 3D printed. We use Zbrush and/or Mudbox to model them and the toy company prints them.

Lots of VFX artists (me included) have earned a bit of extra cash on the side modelling characters for toy companies.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

On the subject of sculptures, there's this cool one of Homelander:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-XwkW6cfN0

I don't think it was linked in this thread, but most of you have probably already seen it anyway.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

laying in my bunk under the great cascadia dome in 2062 watching the latest antiques roadshow, it's all funko pops and action figures

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

in 2069 funko pops become the defacto currency

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

T-man posted:

in 2029 funko pops become the defacto currency

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

T-man posted:

in 2069 funko pops become the defacto currency

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
One of these days we'll see this beanie baby picture with funko pops.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

As Nero Danced posted:

One of these days we'll see this beanie baby picture with funko pops.

Two youtubers separating. They throw all of the funkos and 100 color changing led lights on the floor.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
that scene from Game of Thrones with the golden crown but it's molten funko pops.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"Gotta go" he whispers with his last breath, the camera slowly panning to a Sonic the Hedgehog Funko Pop.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
CGI on The Boys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYOpn1yJTKo

They actually built a whale

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Digital Jedi posted:

CGI on The Boys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYOpn1yJTKo

They actually built a whale

I love little behind the scenes things like their rushjob on one particular head explosion because they didn’t have time to plate it properly or the reshoot of the crowd scene in November which sounds like it ended up being exponentially more work since they had to edit out everyone’s breath and replace the whole environment. :v:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Bosslogic/status/1336127658254450688

Waifu Homelander is going to haunt my nightmares for a while.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

anime butcher is my husbando and none of you can take him from me

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh my God...

The dudes making the butcher figure...

One of the accessories is a sixth scale laser baby with light up eyes :allears:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/EW/status/1338902917990977537

Obama saw Homelander jacking off

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I still find it hilarious how the scene was cut during season 1 production for being too risque then later on added back in when they realized it would be brilliant twisted ending for Homelander in Season 2.

I can do Anything i want!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wonder if Obama ever did that off the roof of the white house. I know Willie nelson smoked weed up there.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

zoux posted:

Obama saw Homelander jacking off

I'm glad of it

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1339990843743236104?s=21

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
Of course Obama likes it, they made the AOC expy a bad guy.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

the good place's ultimate message is "it is impossible to be a good person under global capitalism" and yet

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

T-man posted:

the good place's ultimate message is "it is impossible to be a good person under global capitalism" and yet

Obama’s also a big fan of the Wire iirc.

Stickyboi
Dec 25, 2005

permanent adhesive

massive spider posted:

Obama’s also a big fan of the Wire iirc.
I thought Carcetti was about politicians like Obama, full of HOPE and CHANGE but hey he'll be more effective at a higher position, so he just has to make some compromises here and there, repeat until you become president

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

T-man posted:

Seemed more like a light-hearted look into transcendentalism to me.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Wonder if Obama ever did that off the roof of the white house. I know Willie nelson smoked weed up there.

In case anyone missed this wholesome story

https://youtu.be/hVOOw7s5pRM

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Stickyboi posted:

I thought Carcetti was about politicians like Obama, full of HOPE and CHANGE but hey he'll be more effective at a higher position, so he just has to make some compromises here and there, repeat until you become president

Kind of, he was mainly about taking a few shots at the real life Carcetti https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_O%27Malley .

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Another Bill posted:

I'm glad of it

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Captain Monkey posted:

y'all i just realized something.

The Deep is really shallow!!!!

:vince:

I really like this show. The end of Stormfront is pretty lol but I guess they needed something extreme to make everyone kick her ribs in. But I don't think she actually died?

Season 3 should be DLC to the last Wolfenstein game where you battle mechaStorm

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
I hope they 'resurrect' SF like in the comics, so she's too busy making GBS threads her pants to do anything

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Nuts and Gum posted:

:vince:

I really like this show. The end of Stormfront is pretty lol but I guess they needed something extreme to make everyone kick her ribs in. But I don't think she actually died?

Season 3 should be DLC to the last Wolfenstein game where you battle mechaStorm

she's officially not dead......... according to the showrunner.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

uber_stoat posted:

she's officially not dead......... according to the showrunner.

Not sure how I feel about that. Hopefully there's some narrative payoff otherwise it would have been better to just kill her off imo. Pretty hosed up if they just leave her all Johnny Got His Gunned even for a Nazi.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
There’s no reason for us to assume she gave up stake in her husband’s company, so as far as we can guess, she’s where all the money and power really lie, and knows where all the bodies are buried. She still has value to Gus Fring

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

christmas boots posted:

Not sure how I feel about that. Hopefully there's some narrative payoff otherwise it would have been better to just kill her off imo. Pretty hosed up if they just leave her all Johnny Got His Gunned even for a Nazi.

I really doubt that they kept her alive for no reason. I'm expecting some kind of Vadered Stormfront to appear at some point.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

christmas boots posted:

OTOH gently caress nazis

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

christmas boots posted:

oh boy. :lol: here's the showrunner's take.

quote:

"No, she’s not dead! She’s Stumpfront! She’s a stumpy little Nazi," showrunner Erik Kripke told TV Line after season 2 finished. "She’s actually not dead. What we thought was interesting is, if you remember, she ages very, very slowly. So the best poetic ending for that character is someone who so believed in some kind of pure race finds herself mutilated and having to live with it for potentially centuries felt like a fate worse than death for her. So no, Stumpfront is not dead. Hashtag Stumpfront lives!"

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Sure, but if you're gonna kill a Nazi just kill the Nazi. No need to be all Saw about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

uber_stoat posted:

oh boy. :lol: here's the showrunner's take.

Welp. It is what it is, I suppose.