Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Me too buddy, me too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Calling it. Cute supervisor woman sees Tohru crying. Being the helper type her heart goes out to him, she consoles him, they hang out after work, and Tohru FUCKS. Then he philosophises too much about how sex with a coworker is bad m'kay, decides he needs to quit, does so, then necks himself after thinking at length about how such a cute woman surely wouldn't want a NEET for a boyfriend. End of timeline.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Mr. Lobe posted:

Let him have this, man. He hasn't had the right to a legitimate sense of accomplishment in a very long time. That's the kind of thing that could motivate him to be a better person

Yeah, and seeing your name in the credits of a game, especially one you know is going to be really successful or popular, is a really cool feeling. Doubly so when it's your first time getting your name there. Yeah, nobody's going to read it, but it's still a real nice feeling of accomplishment.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
And that sense of accomplishment is what gets normal people past the 'ugh work sucks and is the same boring bullshit over and over' poo poo NEET was being melodramatic about.

Suspect A
Jan 1, 2015

Nap Ghost
You did good buddy. you finally made it :3:

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
And to think that crime neet was busy stamping license plates by this point.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
cry! CRY drat you

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

yeah man it’s ok to cry

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

simplefish posted:

Dear Neet,

Get over yourself already.

Sincerely,
Everyone

naw let him have this

kinda weird how the goony crabs-in-a-bucket thing transfers to fiction as well lol

i admit that now i’m like “what if the game isn’t well-received” :ohdear:

nishi koichi fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Dec 14, 2020

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

nishi koichi posted:

i admit that now i’m like “what if the game isn’t well-received” :ohdear:

That must be why they put his name in the credits, so they can use him as a scapegoat when it only scores a 67 Metacritic.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

lol his name is mispelled in the credits

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

HardDiskD posted:

Good thing it's literally his job to report such errors so they can be fixed

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
It's actually a different guy with a similar name. He isn't in the credits at all.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

"Crying is for babies and losers", according to one tough guy character in a new release horror film I saw recently.

Checks out.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

HardDiskD posted:

i thought so too but i think the romanization of "Tohru" in the first place was decided by mister steak(?). This is probably the first time the comic itself has romanized his name. any thoughts on this Brother Make?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Yeah, it's the same name, just two different ways of romanizing it. Also, I think that's Brother Make's work in the most recent panel, not the original author's.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I'm Hikuson Gray.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

TheAardvark posted:

i thought so too but i think the romanization of "Tohru" in the first place was decided by mister steak(?). This is probably the first time the comic itself has romanized his name. any thoughts on this Brother Make?

The original panel doesn't have any English characters.

You can also see here how incredibly difficult the author makes it for me to read sometimes. :arghfist: I had to call on a native-speaker friend for this one.

There are multiple ways to romanize Japanese, especially names.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanization_of_Japanese

Earlier panels spelled it this way:

The correct spelling probably comes down to however NEET himself wants it spelled. Though I doubt he's put much thought into it.
With names, I think most people want to romanize it with a focus on how natives will attempt to pronounce it. English doesn't have long vowels and "ou" may confuse your average English-speaker. In that case, "Toru" or "Tohru" probably makes the most sense, and it's what Mr. Steak used.
https://jisho.org/search/%E9%80%8F%20%23name
I'm not even sure if his name is Touru or Tooru to be honest, though both are pronounced the same. Maybe it's said somewhere else in the comic, but I've been going with "ou". You can see how if it he were to spell it "oo", English-speakers would definitely read it wrong.
I guess those two panels may be a hint the author might want it spelled "Toru", but I'm going to keep spelling it "Touru" for now.

There are some other additional name-romanization considerations, but I think this post is already long enough.
https://legendsoflocalization.com/did-natsume-misspell-its-own-name-in-harvest-moon-64/

Edit: In retrospect, I probably should have romanized the sheet to match the screen, but like I said in a previous post, the screen doesn't match the earlier panel with the sheet either, so I'm just going to leave it as it is. Theoretically, if you ask someone to check the credits and give them a list of names, the names should match, but also Japan! :japan:

Brother Make fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Dec 15, 2020

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I'm mentally calling him Tooroo from now on.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
not to burst NEET's bubble but uhhh... wouldn't they normally lay off a ton of staff after shipping a major flagship release?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Straight White Shark posted:

not to burst NEET's bubble but uhhh... wouldn't they normally lay off a ton of staff after shipping a major flagship release?

IIRC NEET is working on a third party QA company already so probably the contract for this game is expiring, but i think he is relatively safe. Of course, he is still a part timer and he was probably brought in to get some more bodies to test this final stretch, so yeah, who knows.

Thanks for the clarifications!

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Obligatory Spanish version:

Should it be "El Fin"?

End of Page 22

I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone again for making this such a fun experience!

A massive thanks to NEET author for making NEET! I want to thank Mr. Steak for introducing everyone to this and for all their hard work translating and posting for as long as they did! A big thanks to Sister Make for all their help, proofreading, and answering my many questions! Thanks to Cousin Cake for stepping in and continuing the NEET! And much thanks to my Patreons for giving me money, that's very nice of you!

And of course, a huge thank you to all the posters making fun content, who make the NEET thread the fun place it is! Thanks, everyone!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The neet has become a man, soon he too will have children that make him want to autoannihilate

Tharadalf
Mar 14, 2010

That's just the end of the credit sequence, right? :ohdear:

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:
Awwwww. Our bad boy turned out just fine in this timeline. :unsmith:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Huh, so be gay do self defense crimes is the cannon neet? This has been an entertaining arc but a good bit shorter than the alternative, unless there’s a choice we cruised past that I’m forgetting.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Thanks Brother Make, and your rhyming compatriots.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
Its the end of him being a NEET. Now its the daily life of a certain salaryman.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

hydroceramics posted:

Its the end of him being a NEET. Now its the daily life of a certain salaryman.

The horrors never end

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

You got me!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

RBA Starblade posted:

The horrors never end

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

that was drat dirty brother make :unsmith:

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

I just got got

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Ghost of meme past was correct! Shenanigans!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

a new critical bug appears