Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Alaois posted:

Luther's kick pads are Nuts

They're wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Alaois posted:

Luther's kick pads are Nuts

lutha da shoota

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Jesus Christ Trent

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

luther taught bas rutten all he knows

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

MorningMoon posted:

Pretty sure Luther's wearing the same boots as a villain from She-Raa

Is the Fright Zone better or worse than Jersey?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Remsburg was right about this match

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It's time for a Heated Gaming Moment.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
that's a Gucci The Best Man shirt

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Huh, no preview for Dynamite this week? That's unusual.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

kept lex luther strong

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

So which match was Bryce loving?

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
Had to be the Dark Order vs. Bear Country match. It was fire.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TV Zombie posted:

So which match was Bryce loving?

Chaos Project vs Best Friends.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Thank you AEW Dark fans for supporting the one true Tuesday Night Wrestling Show! https://twitter.com/OfficialTAZ/status/1339035245568471040

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Taz threatening to shoot on a bear and stretch him was my favorite line of the night.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Taz and Daniel Bryan vs Bears.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Catching up now, definitely in on Bear Country, Two Big Guys is the only Tag Archetype they’re missing.

Also, I hope Skyler Moore has access to some Scott Norton tapes, her power offense is really fun compared to a lot of what the other Dark crew does.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Catching up now, definitely in on Bear Country, Two Big Guys is the only Tag Archetype they’re missing.

Also, I hope Skyler Moore has access to some Scott Norton tapes, her power offense is really fun compared to a lot of what the other Dark crew does.

They should do Bear Country vs Hobbs and Cage on Dark.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Mr. Squishy posted:

Cool flag on Chuun's intro.

i like his music

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

It would be insane to let Bear Country look that good and not have them signed.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jonny Nox posted:

It would be insane to let Bear Country look that good and not have them signed.

I think I heard someone say that they've openly dismissed the idea of working for WWE.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MassRafTer posted:

They should do Bear Country vs Hobbs and Cage on Dark.

Cosign.

Just finishing the Tay Conti match and it’s wild that we’re just over a year since that slow motion sequence against Santana Garrett on NXT, such fun offense.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Darkthoughts

1) Sotheara Chuun vs Ricky Starks. Sotheara Chuun looks like a nice boy. Hobbs at ringside looks like he's ready to gently caress people up. I enjoyed Starks going for a Stinger Splash. Chuun has something but it needs to develop. Decent match, great Starks shirt.

2) Baron Black vs Brandon Cutler. I keep waiting for Baron Black to break out. He's clearly talented, but I couldn't tell you one thing he does in the ring. Black and Cutler's ring gear coordinate. Ooh, some fun holds and reversals here. They're not quite connecting though. I like Cutler's springboard elbow. He should use that as a secondary finisher.

3) KiLynn King vs Hikaru Shida. King looks like she belongs here, which is good. Wow, King goes LOW on that knuckle lock. King gets some good moves in, but inevitably this is a Shida showcase. I do enjoy King's increased confidence. Loved the dodge of the running knee strike but nobody kicks out of the Falcon Arrow. Oh poo poo, ABADON. We get the necessary footage of Abadon hitting her finisher on Shida. Good match becomes good segment, give King something to do.

The Waiting Room. Loved Leyla in the crowd refusing to applaud. Love Reba's cue cards. Things are chaotic fun and then Scorpio Sky throws Spears THROUGH A WALL. okay, sure.

4) Jurassic Express vs "The Captain" Shawn Dean and Fuego Del Sol. Love Shawn's ring gear. Loved Jurassic Express discovering cameras. God, Jungle Boy is so incredibly good. The match is a little stilted, but there's lots of fun to be had here.

5) Leva Bates vs Skyler Moore. Thunder Rosa on commentary! Awesome! Moore looks good here, Leva looks like Leva here. Excalibur does some good feeding into stuff about Britt Baker. Commentary were paying about as much attention to the match as I was.

6) Brian Cage vs VSK. VSK vs Cage, if you weel. He has his flying boots on tonight. Lots of neat power moves and midair reversals. Match goes longer than I thought, and VSK looks pretty good in it, but the result is inevitable.

7) Louis Valle and Mike Magnum vs The Acclaimed. Rap was a bit of a stinker this week. Thankfully the match that followed is solid. Valle's missile dropkick looked at bit weird. The rack / dropkick spot was pretty awesome.

8) Anna Jay vs Dani Jordyn. I like that Jordyn is showing a lot more character these days. She's about to get murdered. Absolutely love Day Off Colt Cabana. "number 99 of the kids next door" was funny. This is a good match. Jordyn is kinetic and Jay is a killer. Ending is inevitable, but getting there was fun.

9) Bear Country vs Dark Order. Pretty Peter Avalon on commentary. They didn't let Bear Country use their bear trap masks. Thankfully. But they look like beasts. I want to watch Boulder and Grayson forever. Just power of one kind hitting power of another. Dark Order are one of the great tag teams of all time. OH poo poo! THAT CATCH OF STU WITH UNO ON BOULDER'S SHOULDERS! gently caress! and a running powerbomb of Grayson into Uno. drat, these guys look good. gently caress, that backbreaker from Grayson. This match was loving awesome.

Is Santana actually saying "dat rear end" during the Little Bit Of The Bubbly ad?

10) Ryzin and Sean Maluta vs Bad Romance. I love Ryzin's gear. Okay, what the gently caress was that Janela / Maluta bottom buckle move? That was insane. Bad Romance looked great here.

11) Tay Conti vs Freya States. Freya is physically formidable. If she can tighten the ring game she would be a great bully heel. Tay's look is fantastic tonight. Tay really laying in her strikes here. Match could use just a little smoothing, but everything both women were doing looked good. Jumping knee strike in the corner was fantastic. And while it took a moment to lock in, Tay's submission finisher was great.

We could use more multi-woman matches on Dynamite, to give more people visibility.

12) Danny Limelight vs Matt Sydal. I like Sydal now. He's a solid talent who is happy to wrestle. This match is really good. Just an excellent exchange from two talented junior heavyweights. Limelight is just so drat agile. The rope jump clothesline was outstanding. I liked this match a lot.

13) Kaci Lennox vs Ivelisse. Lennox has a good look, and potential but is fundamentally dominated here. The match is generally pretty good. Lennox has a few points where things don't quite come together, but her comeback offense is really solid. Ivelisse's finisher looked a bit weird, I couldn't quite tell who was meant to be in the hold.

14) Chaos Project vs Best Friends. Snakem'n and Pointm'n are the best. But perhaps not friends. This is wild in the best way. Trent's spear attempt that just shot past Luther who was standing there looked absolutely awesome. Weapontico continues to be the best spot. This is not, in technical terms, a great match, but it's incredibly good fun.

This was a fun show.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Taz and Daniel Bryan vs Bear Country

I know it was too obvious but gently caress it

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
The double bear cannonball spot was my highlight of the night. Sign those guys immediately

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Lamuella posted:

Is Santana actually saying "dat rear end" during the Little Bit Of The Bubbly ad?

Deadass.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I still need to watch snake’em and point’em but last night was fun, as that show always is. Highlights were the Cage match, Bear Country vs DO (Stu with the back breaker was the craziest part of a match with very cool power moves), Joey just murking Maluta in the corner and then Rizin on the outside, another solid Acclaimed performance, the captain and fuego, Limelite vs Sydal, and King, Shida, Anna Jay, Dani Jordyn and Tay Conti who are all awesome. Jordyn in particular looks soooooo much better than when she started. I’d have to go back but it seems like she’s really trimmed down over the summer and fall, and she’s also just starting to show so much more personality. I wasn’t a fan originally but think she’s great now.

8 and a half matches I really enjoyed (I thought conti’s opponent was no bueno and that Conti carried that match), and the other ones were just acceptable to good actually.

I hope they do something with Bear Country, obviously, but also the up and coming women (King and Jordyn in particular), Dean and Fuego, VSK, and especially Limelight , who feels way too good to be a jobber on Dark.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I really like Bear Country but how do you even add another team to this division without them getting lost in the shuffle?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The easy way is you have them work a style that nobody else does. Such as a pair of massive hosses who throw dudes into the stratosphere.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
They bring something unique to the division. They have had some guys on dark with that kind of bigger fat guy monster look but these guys just do it better. I don’t think a team like that gets lost at all.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Yeah, for all the 800 tag teams in AEW, most of them can be called flippy teams, some of them technical teams, some of them brawling teams. They don't have anyone else who quite wrestles like Bear Country

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Yeah, they have a strong Natural Disasters 2K20 vibe that no one else in the division has right now. You can also keep’em visible out of the title hunt by making them part of a trio. Don’t know why, but I could see them working well with Lance Archer with a force of nature rather than heel/face alignment.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

AEW should sign Bear Country so they can immediately join Team Taz and expand his oaf collection. Also because they're really good.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
i'd want them to be mercenary-types that don't want to be controlled but do want to get paid

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
If they ever get the trios division going they can have a bunch of their current tag teams reformat into trios teams and open up space for new tag teams.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Surely it's time to augment Dani Jordyn's character with a promo. She actually does a good job of getting the gimmick over with body language and mannerisms but it could really use her Regina George-ing it up on The Waiting Room or something.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Surely it's time to augment Dani Jordyn's character with a promo. She actually does a good job of getting the gimmick over with body language and mannerisms but it could really use her Regina George-ing it up on The Waiting Room or something.

I hope it's not because she can't talk, because I like her a lot. I should probably watch mean girls at some point.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Dani Jordyn seems born to be Britt’s smaller, more competent goon if they decide to start building more alliances in the women’s division.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Video package. Let her narrate the page from the burn book, complete with graphics in black and white and pink. Play it before her match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It was a long time before KiLynn had her first promo package, and I'm not sure Lee Johnson has had one yet. I wouldn't mind if they had a few more promos on Dark, they're very sparing with them. If Dani ever does get to talk I expect we'd start seeing her win pretty soon after..