Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

If stroll was British y’all would be jizzing your pants over the pure raw talent he has. Just look at George pissboi Russell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

God bless you Rectal Placenta!

Zeta Acosta posted:

nando already faster than ocon and ricciardo

Is that Takuma Sato?? Please tell me its Taku!

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Marino Sato. Not related to Takuma

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Vettel Stroll is a legit weak driver pairing.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Although I agree with the moral thrust of this gif I believe the composition is weak. It should feature clips of Lewis confidently and irreverently goofing off while his competitors, desperately marshalling all of their available talents through clenched teeth, fail comedically. For such will be the fate, in this life or the next, of all who oppose the Son of Man.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Seeing Nando in the R25 just made me wish F1 would hurry up and do something about this

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

daslog posted:

Did they announce that Albon and Kvyat are out yet?

Tsunoda got announced into AT, so Kvyat is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jq1vu2FMMQ

Dictator. fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Dec 16, 2020

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

the corona quid posted:

Stroll owns ya loving cunts.

Thread title pls

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

I started a rewatch of the 2008 season, and holy poo poo, the opening Australia race was loving great. Random thoughts:

- If you think today's commentary is dire, holy poo poo, the 2012 Brundle-driven drivel is horrible. I mean, he's just as bad today, but how did this man not improve in the next 12 years?
- Reigning champion Kimi seems to actually give a poo poo and fight in his Ferrari, but just keeps loving up in the most ridiculous ways.
- It's strange to see Hamilton in the lead for the whole race, minutes in front of everyone, coming in all the way from 2020.
- David Coulthard shouting on live TV he'll kick "three colors of poo poo out of the little bastard" (Massa)
- Cars actually racing
- poo poo happening every few laps
- Commentators taking 30 second breaks just... not commenting.
- Bizarre name pronounciations, inluding Q-bitsah and Veh-thellll.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

We truly live in the worst F1 era. poo poo used to be wild, less than 10 cars finishing in any given race. You should next try 1999 and hear Murray Walker do a mocking French accent when relaying what Alesi told him about his Sauber

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

We truly live in the worst F1 era. poo poo used to be wild, less than 10 cars finishing in any given race. You should next try 1999 and hear Murray Walker do a mocking French accent when relaying what Alesi told him about his Sauber

2012 was really the last F1 season i remotely cared about

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Mokotow posted:

I started a rewatch of the 2008 season, and holy poo poo, the opening Australia race was loving great. Random thoughts:

- If you think today's commentary is dire, holy poo poo, the 2012 Brundle-driven drivel is horrible. I mean, he's just as bad today, but how did this man not improve in the next 12 years?
- Reigning champion Kimi seems to actually give a poo poo and fight in his Ferrari, but just keeps loving up in the most ridiculous ways.
- It's strange to see Hamilton in the lead for the whole race, minutes in front of everyone, coming in all the way from 2020.
- David Coulthard shouting on live TV he'll kick "three colors of poo poo out of the little bastard" (Massa)
- Cars actually racing
- poo poo happening every few laps
- Commentators taking 30 second breaks just... not commenting.
- Bizarre name pronounciations, inluding Q-bitsah and Veh-thellll.

2007-2012 or thereabouts were great formula one imo, and then I just stopped paying proper attention until the end of last season. I don't know what exactly happened to make F1 boring, I guess maybe the combination of DRS and then hybrids?

I only really started watching consistently again this year because covid meant I had nothing better to do at the weekends, and I figured I wanted to know the lay of the land before the rules changed and made it better again.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Look what those good lads from Woking did

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/1339103712523018242

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

chills

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Rhopunzel posted:

2012 was really the last F1 season i remotely cared about

2012 was loving exhausting. Especially with the whole yellow flag poo poo after Brazil.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

the corona quid posted:

Stroll owns ya loving cunts.

lol he went worse than his team mate that daddy kicked out of the team for kerb stomping his Lou Ferrigno lovechild son on the track

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Aside from he fact that Hamilton was always going win both the WCC and WDC on his own this season was pretty exciting.

I'm willing to say it: f1 in 2020 was pretty good

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ilmucche posted:

Aside from he fact that Hamilton was always going win both the WCC and WDC on his own this season was pretty exciting.

I'm willing to say it: f1 in 2020 was pretty good

A very #Blessed season OP.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
https://mobile.twitter.com/autosport/status/1339161682850029569

Uh, sure. I guess. Honda’s response is even more confusing.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

When is the earliest Lewis can win the 2021 WDC?

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
2019 and 2020 were much better than 2014-2018.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

07-12 was great.
Then the "bad tyres" race happened and idiots decided "there's a whole formula in that lads". Of course the teams adapted to the used pencil eraser tyres, and it became a tyre management formula and still is to this day, with a sprinkling of "also have the best engine because you don't wear tyres on a straight".

From the late 80s all the way to 2000 was also great.

Who knew the racing was more exciting when the drivers had to push the whole race to compete, instead of hitting a pace the computers say finishes the race the best for that circuit and surface?

It's entirely on pirelli that modern f1 sucks. The hybrids are fine.
It's no accident the best races are where tyre management mostly disappears, (safety cars etc) and cars race to the end.

Pirelli should be sent to the Hague.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

When is the earliest Lewis can win the 2021 WDC?

He's already won it op

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
The problem with Pirelli is their tyres have a terrible intolerance to temperature so you have to permanently baby them rather than attacking. There's nothing wrong with short duration tyres; see the qualifying tyres of yore. This apparently spans from their low cost manufacturing method rather than a response to that Canada race and why they have never been unable to resolve the issue despite their constant claims of 'next year!'

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/archive/article/april-2017/30/burning-rubber-2

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

CancerCakes posted:

He's already won it op

#blessed

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
The last good season was 2007

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Pablo Bluth posted:

The problem with Pirelli is their tyres have a terrible intolerance to temperature so you have to permanently baby them rather than attacking. There's nothing wrong with short duration tyres; see the qualifying tyres of yore. This apparently spans from their low cost manufacturing method rather than a response to that Canada race and why they have never been unable to resolve the issue despite their constant claims of 'next year!'

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/archive/article/april-2017/30/burning-rubber-2

honestly it's a joke when you compare what michelin was doing in LMP1, they even managed to make an intermediate tyre that didn't have any grooves on it

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

the corona quid posted:

If stroll was British y’all would be jizzing your pants over the pure raw talent he has. Just look at George pissboi Russell

He's a worse driver than Pérez

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Khablam posted:

07-12 was great.
Then the "bad tyres" race happened and idiots decided "there's a whole formula in that lads". Of course the teams adapted to the used pencil eraser tyres, and it became a tyre management formula and still is to this day, with a sprinkling of "also have the best engine because you don't wear tyres on a straight".

From the late 80s all the way to 2000 was also great.

Who knew the racing was more exciting when the drivers had to push the whole race to compete, instead of hitting a pace the computers say finishes the race the best for that circuit and surface?

It's entirely on pirelli that modern f1 sucks. The hybrids are fine.
It's no accident the best races are where tyre management mostly disappears, (safety cars etc) and cars race to the end.

Pirelli should be sent to the Hague.

Yeah that's fair, whenever anyone does anything interesting in modern F1 it's always followed a few laps later with "my tyres are gone!"

Was 2007-2012 just the sweet spot between the end of "tyre wars" and the start of Pirelli trying to run races on balloons?

track day bro! posted:

George Russell? Yeah I agree.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

If that were true, why is Perez without a drive next year? :smuggo:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Theophany posted:

If that were true, why is Perez without a drive next year? :smuggo:

A lack of money, something a post brexit UK will be familiar with

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Oh man, I wonder what our future 8x and 2021 WDC is up to....

#MegaFro

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Yeah that's fair, whenever anyone does anything interesting in modern F1 it's always followed a few laps later with "my tyres are gone!"

Was 2007-2012 just the sweet spot between the end of "tyre wars" and the start of Pirelli trying to run races on balloons?

George Russell? Yeah I agree.

Bridgestone made the tires from 2007-2010. They were generally considered to be the best along with Michelin. Bridgestone is still the only company to go toe to toe with Michelin and actually beat them.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Zeta Acosta posted:

The last good season was 2007

2008 and 2012 are all time great seasons.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

GramCracker posted:

Oh man, I wonder what our future 8x and 2021 WDC is up to....

#MegaFro

This is a better look than the braids.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

a pipe smoking dog posted:

This is a better look than the braids.

Probably not with a helmet on though

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Khablam posted:

This happens because things like safety cars bunch up the field and throw a wrench in teams' strategy, not because it takes tires out of the equation. If teams had no concerns about tire wear and nothing else happened the races would be boring as poo poo.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Really when you think about it, there should be no regulations at all. Let teams turn up with jet engines.

Make this poo poo in wacky races imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
If you allowed NA along with Turbo engines again you would likely still end up with a grid full of V6, Turbo, Hybrid engines. V12s and whatnot were legal until 1985 and again from 1987-1988 along with Turbos but eventually basically everybody went Turbo by late-83/84. As early as 1980 the writing was on the wall for the Atmo engines.