Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Sweevo posted:

4 > 5 > Rogue One > 6 > 7 > 8 > 9 > 3 > Solo > 2 > 1

id bump solo up a bit but yeah basically

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
watchign a mid 2000s movie and you forget how easily f bombs got tossed around

yikes

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i just saw the second to last episode of s3 of west world and it’s insanely stupid. nothing makes any sense at all, nothing is internally consistent at even a basic level. why do the robots sometimes get hurt when shot in the torso and sometimes they’re fine? why is maeve still hunting dolores after she got the other dolores brain copy and has the key she needs? what’s the point of jesse pinkman at all? how are the guy trying to save the world and the person trying to stop him both unironically treated as bad guys? what are bernard and stubbs even trying to do and why do they think they need william and why did they keep hanging out with him after he threatened to kill them?

im yelling at my tv while watching this it’s complete trash

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i guess the real question is why am i wasting my life watching this show

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i just edited together the last 2 scenes w/ bernard in them to be back to back and lmao

https://i.imgur.com/H5FC8mv.mp4

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

fart simpson posted:

id bump solo up a bit but yeah basically

i really hated solo, but apparently i'm the only one :shrug:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Sweevo posted:

i really hated solo, but apparently i'm the only one :shrug:

I thought it was an okay movie but I also don't give a poo poo about star wars. What annoys me is that they have a literal universe to work with and create something new but they keep on using things from the original trilogy to drive the nostalgia factor.

I feel like mandalorian is heading in the same direction.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

fart simpson posted:

i vaguely remember reading some interview with rian johnson where he said he asked how movie #8 should end, like where should all the characters end up to set the stage for 9. and disnep just said "i dunno its your movie dude, dont ask us" lol

i appreciate that he then took this freedom and used it to roof the ball and completely gently caress over the entire franchise for no real reason

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

fart simpson posted:

i just saw the second to last episode of s3 of west world and it’s insanely stupid. nothing makes any sense at all, nothing is internally consistent at even a basic level. why do the robots sometimes get hurt when shot in the torso and sometimes they’re fine? why is maeve still hunting dolores after she got the other dolores brain copy and has the key she needs? what’s the point of jesse pinkman at all? how are the guy trying to save the world and the person trying to stop him both unironically treated as bad guys? what are bernard and stubbs even trying to do and why do they think they need william and why did they keep hanging out with him after he threatened to kill them?

i was pointing out the inconsistency of this poo poo in season 1 and everyone said it was fine, so idk

mystes
May 31, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I thought it was an okay movie but I also don't give a poo poo about star wars. What annoys me is that they have a literal universe to work with and create something new but they keep on using things from the original trilogy to drive the nostalgia factor.

I feel like mandalorian is heading in the same direction.
I hate 7 because of this. The first five minutes seemed really interesting and then it was like, "No, lol, that's not the movie you're getting. Enjoy another rehash of 4."

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

fart simpson posted:

i remember feeling this way about s3 too. it’s a trash fire that got insanely dumbed down so more people would hopefully watch it

i would also add “why does Maeve use a samurai sword in the real world of the future” to the wtf list

the basic answer to your questions about why certain characters are still in it doing w/e tae gently caress is probably “they had signed 3 season contracts with a certain minimum amount of airtime in a certain minimum number of episodes”

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

westworld was a moderately interesting idea that got turned by s3 into setups for a bunch of incredibly unimpressive "epic moments" that are all dumb as hell if you think about them for more than 5 seconds

ie the computer that runs the entire goddamn world has less security than a regional airport

mystes
May 31, 2006

qirex posted:

westworld was a moderately interesting idea that got turned by s3 into setups for a bunch of incredibly unimpressive "epic moments" that are all dumb as hell if you think about them for more than 5 seconds
So basically the same as season 1.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

we synctubed rise of skywalker tonight in slack and holy poo poo that movie is stupid but it has some really good scenes and i still cheered at the appropriate parts

it’s not incredible but it’s still an enjoyable movie. just ignore the fans who think that hating it makes them cool.

people say it contradicts TLJ but not really. Kylo Ren puts his mask back together but that was probably due to marketing more than anything.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

infernal machines posted:

i appreciate that he then took this freedom and used it to roof the ball and completely gently caress over the entire franchise for no real reason

it was awesome and watching jj and kannedy at each others throats as ros went down in flames was fun because of it

im really digging all these bottles in ds9. i wonder where they are getting them from or if paramount just has a bottle guy.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

im really digging all these bottles in ds9. i wonder where they are getting them from or if paramount just has a bottle guy.

they probably just went to bottleguy dot com

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
westworld is a really bad show

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ww s2 was one of the dumbest things ive ever watched

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Shaggar posted:

ww s2 was one of the dumbest things ive ever watched
so you didn’t watch s3 lol

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

except for two cool location shoots they milked the hell out of everything in s3 was worse than s2

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wayne’s world > west world

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

echinopsis posted:

wayne’s world > west world

how about spice world

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

rotor posted:

how about spice world
:hmmyes:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Shaggar posted:

everything with palpy was great especially him shooting lightning at spaceships.

lol so my computer speaker amp has an over-current protection relay in it and when palpy dropped the lightning, that distorted bass hit tripped the breaker. it owned lmao. i uh may have had it cranked up a bit.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
tired: Palpy
wired: Big Tiney

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
ROS was a fine action movie, which isn't really what Star Wars movies are supposed to be, but it was decently enjoyable nonetheless. could have stood to lose like 10-15 minutes of runtime (although the story may have made even less sense at that point), and maybe make Ren's fight against the Knights/the Palpy fight longer and cooler

West World season 2 was really loving stupid and bad, but still fun to watch imo for the set design/locations and really for the performances. Ed Harris, Anthony Hopkins, and Jeffrey Wright were just ripping dingers every goddamn scene they were in, Thandie Newton and James Marsden were lovely and sad, and ERW was decent and easy on the eyes. I haven't watched season 3 and idk if I will, is it still at least entertaining as far as terrifically executing a terrible plot?

e: re: ROS - how are you gonna set up and even show the cloning tanks and poo poo and not pay that off? have a clone Snoke pop out to fight Rey and Ren, or a bunch of clone Palpatines or something. hell even a cloned Vader could have been interesting

indigi fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Dec 16, 2020

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what was the one where she put the ship in hyper space drive and flew thru some things

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

that's the one where rian johnson spiked the franchise for the hell of it

the last jedi

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

indigi posted:

I haven't watched season 3 and idk if I will, is it still at least entertaining as far as terrifically executing a terrible plot?
honestly it's 100% worse. it's mostly maeve and dolores having a samurai ninja battle and jesse from breaking bad making angst faces. actually it's mostly setting up maeve and dolores having an epic cyborg ninja showdown battle which is ultimately them fighting in an abandoned parking lot while squibs from the world's worst aiming drone go off everywhere

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

im enjoying s3 but i also had no expectations for the series and am usually cooking while im watching, so the dumb contrived plot bits don’t matter to me im just enjoying the fact they actually tried to make a cyber dystopia.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it doesn't seem like something you'd have to try very hard to imagine anymore

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

also there's a global riot that is magically contained to that 3 blocks of downtown la with the skyscrapers and freeway underpass

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

qirex posted:

jesse from breaking bad

that dude is such a terrible actor, why do people put him in stuff

qirex posted:

an epic cyborg ninja showdown battle which is ultimately them fighting in an abandoned parking lot

well that's disappointing

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the showrunners definitely had ambitions beyond their budget but they tried anyway

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

in season 3 do they explain how nobody notices one of the project leads at the park just happens to look sound and act exactly like the co-founder of the park who got killed by one of the robots

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i'm going to assume that they were entirely too far up their own asses with their temporal fuckery to bother with things like gaping plot holes

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

infernal machines posted:

i'm going to assume that they were entirely too far up their own asses with their temporal fuckery to bother with things like gaping plot holes
there is only one gaping hole that is yospos approved and it belongs to kirk johnson

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

instead of oooOOOooo it might not be the time you think it is s3 is ooooOOOOOoo this might be a virtual world not the real one!?!?!?!?

it's more up its own rear end that a giant facebook/palantir computer runs the whole world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

indigi posted:

in season 3 do they explain how nobody notices one of the project leads at the park just happens to look sound and act exactly like the co-founder of the park who got killed by one of the robots

didn’t they say in season 1 that no humans knew what Arnold looked because he’d had his history wiped and everyone assumed he killed himself before the corp took over