Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Subtitle: Discretion (better part of valor)

Also Chain: "We All All Exhausted and Wounded" :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

shirts and skins posted:

It can't be this easy to leave, can it?

The demiurges are all focused on using their sharp rocks, no reason Allison can’t use her key to get them all out of there.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

It was just an art error:

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1339056988869828608

Which I'm glad of, because it technically would've made the whole last book a shaggy dog story.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Poor Zaid, such a disappointment even the artist forgot him.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

abaddon you absolute legend the discord was arife

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1339056988869828608

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
"Also Zaid is here!"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
While it's nice they're getting the hell out of dodge, that just means there's literally nobody with plot armor who can protect bystanders from the escalating Demiurge fight. Especially with Maya having her own agenda today.

That planet is potentially hosed even if they somehow manage to boot out or contain Jaggy :ohdear:.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

And zoidberg

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

"Your heroism will not serve you here. We are all wounded and exh- oh hi Zaid"

Two birds, one stone

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Also stoked that it looks like 10VG is sticking around

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

allison finally makes a correct decision

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

While it's nice they're getting the hell out of dodge, that just means there's literally nobody with plot armor who can protect bystanders from the escalating Demiurge fight. Especially with Maya having her own agenda today.

That planet is potentially hosed even if they somehow manage to boot out or contain Jaggy :ohdear:.

I suspect Rayuba is a Coruscant/Trantor kind of situation where "Evacuate the city" is synonymous with "Evacuate the planet".

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Soup du Jour posted:

allison finally makes a correct decision

its a christmas miracle

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Now, where are they going... Throne, or LA?

Also it's certainly no accident that the party (other than Allison) consists of two humans, two demons, and two angels.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

FuturePastNow posted:

Now, where are they going... Throne, or LA?

Also it's certainly no accident that the party (other than Allison) consists of two humans, two demons, and two angels.

speaking even as the kind of weird mutant who is prepared to defend LA on its merits, id go to Throne. LA doesnt have people who can cure head trauma through mysterious arts, as much as all the crystal healers in West Hollywood would care to protest

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

paranoid randroid posted:

LA doesnt have people who can cure head trauma through mysterious arts

yeah they do they learn them at med school

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

Between Throne and America, who's likely to have the more hosed-up, predatory medical system?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Phy posted:

Between Throne and America, who's likely to have the more hosed-up, predatory medical system?
The Heretic's Court where Himself is locked up. The price is either your flayed skin or your soul.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Dec 16, 2020

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013
can't get arrested for inability to pay medical debt that you weren't informed of before the medical procedures were done, then forced to provide a cash bail to be released from jail, which is then counted towards the repayment of your debt rather than returned to you, if you're in another universe!

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.
Maybe Allison loses an eye and an arm because that's how deductibles work in Throne.

I shudder to imagine what co-pay is.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wonder if Allison can cast Cure Serious Wounds or something.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Mr. Lobe posted:

Can you cast it by punching?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Radio Paranoia posted:

Can you cast it by punching?

If you punch hard enough you turn Serious Wounds into Fatal Wounds and you don't have to worry about injuries any more.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Z the IVth posted:

If you punch hard enough you turn Serious Wounds into Fatal Wounds and you don't have to worry about injuries any more.

If you punch even harder than that you end up creating an entirely new body free from injuries.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Mr. Lobe posted:

"Behold! The awesome fires of God. The limitless power of pure creation itself. Look carefully! Observe how it is used for the same purpose a man might use an especially cheap roll of duct tape."

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Can't find a healer? Punch 'em harder and find a Necromancer.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

shirts and skins posted:

It can't be this easy to leave, can it?

Demiurges are incredibly hard to kill, that fight will probably be going on for as long as necessary, Everywhere aside from there is probably full of Demiurge armies getting it on which is something that's oddly not been brought up yet.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

YggiDee posted:

Can't find a healer? Punch 'em harder and find a Necromancer.

I'm gonna punch you to death and out through the other side! :black101:.

Kalli posted:

Demiurges are incredibly hard to kill, that fight will probably be going on for as long as necessary, Everywhere aside from there is probably full of Demiurge armies getting it on which is something that's oddly not been brought up yet.

I think so far it's a one-Jagganoth war against the Demiurges themselves, because if you can kill them why bother with their armies? They'll either be subsumed or just squishy target practice.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

We know Jaggs has been prepping massive armies, I wouldn't be surprised if they got going pouring out over the worlds at the same time Jaggs showed up here. Throne itself might be under mass invasion right now.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Kalli posted:

I assume the next step is a teleport to Throne in the midst of civil war, yeah.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Mr. Lobe posted:

pretty sure she can if she wants to

who here read or watched Bleach? (you can admit it, I know it ended horribly) Imagine if you made Orihime the protagonist with actual character development instead of useless human MacGuffin, that's what I think Allison's powers are

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

FuturePastNow posted:

pretty sure she can if she wants to

who here read or watched Bleach? (you can admit it, I know it ended horribly) Imagine if you made Orihime the protagonist with actual character development instead of useless human MacGuffin, that's what I think Allison's powers are

Allison's powers are whatever she wants them to be.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Who What Now posted:

(when did you transform from poohbear to scrunt?)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

shirts and skins posted:

I assume the next step is a teleport to Throne in the midst of civil war, yeah.

Yeah, I could see that happening :hmmyes:. Tie up the leaders in a duel while his armies just murk entire worlds to gain territory.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

does anyone in the main cast even speak english? allison can only understand them because white chain dosed her up with blue devil tea while she was sleeping off the shock of getting sent to throne in the first place

e. zaid doesnt count, hes tertiary at best

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Grouchio posted:

(when did you transform from poohbear to scrunt?)

I was a scrunt, then a fetal alcohol pooh, then a Halloween pumpkin-skull, then a red text, and now an x-mas scrunt. I have a very eclectic group of both posting friends and posting enemies.

paranoid randroid posted:

does anyone in the main cast even speak english? allison can only understand them because white chain dosed her up with blue devil tea while she was sleeping off the shock of getting sent to throne in the first place

e. zaid doesnt count, hes tertiary at best

Nope, none of them speak english and they even made a joke about it just a dozen or so pages ago.

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Dec 16, 2020

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yeah, I could see that happening :hmmyes:. Tie up the leaders in a duel while his armies just murk entire worlds to gain territory.

I don't think there is territory anymore, at least for Jagganoth. He wants the Master Key to end this corpse-reality, he just wants the burning fires of creation on their brows.
He also has a giant unstoppable army but honestly that does seem a bit like a hobby, maybe that will come in handy if he can't gank the Six.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Who What Now posted:

exactly

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1339268825985015828

the boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Pacra posted: