Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
More addictive than Cortez. Instantly so. There has to be a reason Cortez was still the first choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Skwirl posted:

Que?
He kissed one of them when they were about to die (genuinely can't remember if it was Hulking or Wiccan) and they said "no thank you."

That's not dating, that's called being a disasterbi.

He is dating speed

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

bobkatt013 posted:

He is dating speed

When did that happen? He also kissed phantom Patriot that turned into Speed and Speed was also "thanks but no thanks" and went to go party.

90% of my Prodigy knowledge comes from the Gillen Young Avengers run.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Lords of Empyre: Emperor Hulkling, a Zdarsky/Oliveira scripted one-shot.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Ewing is an absolute madman, it's unbelievable how great his books are. I wonder if he was thinking of the White Hot Room without explicitly saying it way back in Ultimates 100.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

doctor nemesis does have augmented eyes with some of the same functionality as peeper (i had to look him up), but that's not his mutant power. in theory he could give anyone similar eyes.
Oh, I did think that was part of his power set. I'm not as convinced now.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I love the dumb lizard aliens from Power Pack are a Thing. :allears:

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Wasn't some evil thing trapped in Emma for a while before they locked it in the white room? Or is that just lock boxed in Scott's head? I think it might have been a piece of the Void.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

doctor nemesis does have augmented eyes with some of the same functionality as peeper (i had to look him up), but that's not his mutant power. in theory he could give anyone similar eyes.

Bionic eyes trivia, Judge Dredd also has those (speaking of Al Ewing), that he got in a story back in the 80s. Doesn't come up much. Al Ewing might have bionic eyes too.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Fritzler posted:

Oh, I did think that was part of his power set. I'm not as convinced now.

yeah, i thought he was a genius whose mutant power was x-ray eyes until i looked it up yesterday. instead his genius is his mutant power and everything else stems from that.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Heavy Metal posted:

Bionic eyes trivia, Judge Dredd also has those (speaking of Al Ewing), that he got in a story back in the 80s. Doesn't come up much. Al Ewing might have bionic eyes too.

Big deal, I have sonic hearing.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Harold Fjord posted:

Wasn't some evil thing trapped in Emma for a while before they locked it in the white room? Or is that just lock boxed in Scott's head? I think it might have been a piece of the Void.

Yes, Scott has a piece of the void locked up in his head. But I am unsure where it lies now besides forgotten after Secret Wars and Hickman’s XMen reboot

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Gatts posted:

Yes, Scott has a piece of the void locked up in his head.

But now The Void is retconned as being part of Venom because Venom is actually the most powerful dude because Venom.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

King in Black ends with Scott saying "go away" and locking Knull in his head forever.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The X-Gene? Actually Knull as well.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
The boring answer is that there have been a lot of creative and editorial changes in the past 15 years and this is a dangling plot thread.

If anyone wanted to retcon/politely brush it off, since that storyline where Cyclops locked a little bit of the Void deep inside his brain:

Cyclops has been possessed by/in possession of the Phoenix Force between four and six times, and killed/resurrected at least four times. It's entirely possible one of these Phoenix Force empowerments, deaths, multiversal recreations, or resurrections edited out the Void Lockbox in his head.

The Sentry/Void status quo has also been altered repeatedly, with so many "YOU THOUGHT YOU KNEW BUT YOU HAD NO IDEA" twists it's entirely possible having a sliver of the Void in Cyclops's brain is actually impossible (or it's a symbiote) or moot or etc.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Ok I'm going with Secret Wars Phoenix Cyclops taking the void shard or maybe the entire lockbox in the white room in his brain into The White Room TM and that's the thing in SWORD. And probably it's also somehow a sword

danbanana posted:

But now The Void is retconned as being part of Venom because Venom is actually the most powerful dude because Venom.

Is this really what happened? Thanks, I loving hate it.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Dec 10, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Not exactly that but because Void is ~*darkness*~ and Knull is EXTREME DARKNESS and also been bonded to sentry via symbiote that one time it was enough to overpower and take over the Void

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Not exactly that but because Void is ~*darkness*~ and Knull is EXTREME DARKNESS and also been bonded to sentry via symbiote that one time it was enough to overpower and take over the Void

Poochie but for Venom.

Venom Venom Venom VenomVenom Venom Venom Venom Venom Venom Venom VenomVenom Venom Venom Venom Venom Venom Venom VenomVenom Venom Venom Venom Venom Venom Venom VenomVenom Venom Venom Venom Venom Venom Venom VenomVenom Venom Venom Venom Venom Venom Venom VenomVenom Venom Venom Venom

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also goes without saying but Knull kills Sentry the same way he Sentry killed Carnage.

It’s poetry.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I'm going to keep calling the pyramid in SWORD the 'Eye of Providence' until someone changes my mind, considering they stole it from a Throne / Ophanim. For a book that was almost entirely set-up there's so much there.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

PoptartsNinja posted:

For a book that was almost entirely set-up there's so much there.

Yeah, I just had to re-read it today. Tons of little details there and the art is so lovely. I'm not familiar with Valerio Schiti's work, but I hope I'll see more of him.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Was Peepers from the Magneto series? I know I've seen that character before, but I can't remember where.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Soonmot posted:

Was Peepers from the Magneto series? I know I've seen that character before, but I can't remember where.

I had to look him, he's super old-school Brotherhood of Evil Mutants.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Peeper is from a relatively obscure iteration of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants that popped up in Kirby's late 70s Captain America run (he debuts around the same time as Arnim Zola).

From there he's mostly a minor problem in Ed Hannigan's Defenders working for the Mandrill with his regular crew of buddies for some reason, and then pops up again with his cohort during the early John Walker segments of Mark Gruenwald's Cap. Eventually after making friends with Beast and Wolverine (in a breathtakingly bad Frank Tieri story) and finding a new career as a supervillain bartender, he is tragically hunted and eaten by.... Predator X!!!!

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Dec 12, 2020

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

This is not really related to any post on this page, but I am astounded that Claremont wasn’t the writer that turned Magneto into a baby. That seemed so incredibly in line with his fetishes that I just assumed it was in his run.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Peeper was introduced by Jack Kirby during his Bicenenntial Era return to Captain America, during which (for whatever reason) Kirby deliberately avoided using any Marvel Universe characters outside of the "Captain America" branch of Cap/Falcon/Sharon Carter/Red Skull/SHIELD, but also did an annual where Magneto and an All-New Brotherhood of Evil Mutants appeared.

The New Brotherhood turned up later in Defenders as "Mutant Force" sans Magneto, but with Mandrill and later Mad Dog as their leader. Even later, they showed up in Mark Gruenwald's Cap run as The Resistants, a false flag/astroturfed pro-mutant/anti-Mutant-registration group (unknowingly, I think?) being puppet-mastered by the Red Skull to sow discord. John Walker as USAgent almost beat Peeper to death, which was alluded to the next time the team shows up (as Mutant Force again) in the 2000 revival of New Warriors. Then Frank Tieri briefly used him in a way I assume was distasteful in his Wolverine/Weapon X poo poo.

Peter David killed him off in X-Factor, but he showed up randomly in the past ten years mostly as a background joke character, most recently in Tieri's awful Ravencroft mini-series.

Finally, justice for Peeper! Who will be next? Burner? Lifter? The Night Flyer? The Night People of Zero Street?

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

This is not really related to any post on this page, but I am astounded that Claremont wasn’t the writer that turned Magneto into a baby. That seemed so incredibly in line with his fetishes that I just assumed it was in his run.

It still gets to be part of pivotal plot points three times in Claremont's run, so I think he definitely was a fan of that part of Magento's history.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Edge & Christian posted:

Finally, justice for Peeper! Who will be next? Burner? Lifter? The Night Flyer? The Night People of Zero Street?

Didn't Zero Street come back as...

Huh. Checking up on it I thought the Night People came back in Captain America v1, in the early 400s, and Zero Street became Zero Town, but besides the Zero name and the fact that they called themselves Night People, if there's any connection they don't spell it out on the page. Probably Gruenwald doing an homage near the tail end of his run.

Bring back Zero Street!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I must have recognized him from when I read through all of Wolverine last year.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
My grandfather taped this for me as a child - still love it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E21a-0mywUc

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Kitty Pryde’s socks with sandals always seemed weird to me. Stan’s narration is a true gem, however.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
How did I never notice that!?

What bothered me was Emma Frost could fly and throw lightning bolts.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
New Mutants was good. Looks like we're gonna be deep diving two major hanging questions. Amahl Farouk and resurrection for clones.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
"If clones aren't banned from resurrection, why haven't any clones been ressurected?"
"Good question! Next question, please."

Aren't Laura, Darwin, and whoever went with them supposed to be getting out of that weird time compressed robot hellscape soon?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

OnimaruXLR posted:

"If clones aren't banned from resurrection, why haven't any clones been ressurected?"
"Good question! Next question, please."

Aren't Laura, Darwin, and whoever went with them supposed to be getting out of that weird time compressed robot hellscape soon?

One of the next couple of issues of X-Men will catch up with them, yeah.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Wait, when did Evan even die? Aside that Age of X thing, which was a fake reality/dimension affair.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i guess that stuck? it was a fake reality with a fake history and fake memories, but the people were all real.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

One of the next couple of issues of X-Men will catch up with them, yeah.
X-Men 18 in February I believe.

Saoshyant posted:

Wait, when did Evan even die? Aside that Age of X thing, which was a fake reality/dimension affair.
Evan is confirmed to be part of Hickman's X-Men book at some from this page shown at a con:

He's in the middle bottom. To be fair this was shown in July 2019 so could be changed, but I expect/hope we will still see him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Fritzler posted:

He's in the middle bottom. To be fair this was shown in July 2019 so could be changed, but I expect/hope we will still see him.

Slott made it so he's not a mutant and never was a mutant.