Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Are you asking why Doug said the two cars’ performance models are similarly priced? ‘Cause he’s right.

https://www.ford.com/suvs/mach-e/models/mach-e-gt/

No, I'm asking why he said the Model Y Performance model starts at 52k.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Dec 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Elviscat posted:

I don't understand how anyone can watch a full Doug DeMurro video, I tried really hard before giving up because I'm really interested in this car, but I literally can't do it.
Personally, I find he hit an interesting spot between enthusiast and commentator. Some other outlets get the 360 slocam footage + various tests + data, he's more like "well if you were to sit in it here's what you'd notice". Like he did an overview of a Hummer a while back and just went to town on all the Hummer insignias everywhere.
You do have to be ok with his quirks though.

Another INTERESTING thing about this post is...

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Elviscat posted:

I don't understand how anyone can watch a full Doug DeMurro video, I tried really hard before giving up because I'm really interested in this car, but I literally can't do it.

Ford's media blackout on drive reviews expired today so there's a bunch of others about youtube

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Elviscat posted:

I mean, with the massive asterix of the Ford qualifying for the $7,500 tax credit and Tesla not, so the Ford is effectively $7000 cheaper in the US, yes that is technically correct.

It's cool that the $7,500 credit's available to Americans but not everyone's eligible for this.

bird with big dick posted:

No, I'm asking why he said the Model Y Performance model starts at 52k.

You're right, I watched it again. It's weird that he said the Y Performance is that price.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I've never really watched any of Doug DeMuro's stuff before. He's a little obnoxious, but I do kind of like his approach. However he missed like half his neck shaving, and I am completely distracted by it. About 25 minutes in, for the whole in-car discussion about how the car drives.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Nfcknblvbl posted:

It's cool that the $7,500 credit's available to Americans but not everyone's eligible for this.

You're right, I watched it again. It's weird that he said the Y Performance is that price.

Cool.

Except it's a video shot in the US by a US citizen discussing US prices, in the amount of US Dollars, as is the site you linked.

I would love to know what the cost stuck-up of these two is in other countries, like seriously that's fascinating, but it's not unreasonable to ask someone to say "they cost the same in Germany or the Model Y is much less expensive in Australia when we're posting in English on a very US-centric forum, and like quadrupley so when discussing a US video, especially when the premise of the question was "where can you get a Model Y performance for $(presumably US, although other countries use this common symbol for currency, 52,000 pesos would be far too cheap, so presumably you're limited to USD, AUD, or CAD)52,000"

If the Mach E is available in your country, for a net price point that is comparable to the Model Y, again that'd be awesome information to know, because googling different automakers different countries (Ford DE is easy) or setting up a VPN (Tesla is not) to mirror from that country, crawling through configurations, etc is a hassle, if you've done the research already in your own country, please share.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Finger Prince posted:

I'm not against smartphones, I'm against digging them out whenever I want to do anything like open the door.
Also if the Navi isn't Waze, I never want to use it.

It's not a big deal. I made a few voice commands with my phone to open the frunk and trunk. Doors lock and unlock automatically. Anything else I just open up the app. I don't miss a fob at all.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

The Gunslinger posted:

It's not a big deal. I made a few voice commands with my phone to open the frunk and trunk. Doors lock and unlock automatically. Anything else I just open up the app. I don't miss a fob at all.

Maybe that's my problem. I don't use voice anything on my phone or any kind of digital assistants. Tesla uses your phone as a proximity key right? Does it use NFC or Bluetooth or some other thing? Phone-as-proximity fob is fine, it's not like I'd want a physical key and tumbler. I never need to fish anything out of my pockets to unlock doors, open the hatch, or start my 13 year old Prius. Having to touch something to do any of that in 2020 seems like a step backwards to me.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Nfcknblvbl posted:

poo poo, that credit isn’t even available to all Americans.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Finger Prince posted:

Maybe that's my problem. I don't use voice anything on my phone or any kind of digital assistants. Tesla uses your phone as a proximity key right? Does it use NFC or Bluetooth or some other thing? Phone-as-proximity fob is fine, it's not like I'd want a physical key and tumbler. I never need to fish anything out of my pockets to unlock doors, open the hatch, or start my 13 year old Prius. Having to touch something to do any of that in 2020 seems like a step backwards to me.

Yeah it uses your phone as a key and Bluetooth for proximity. Some people have had issues with it but its always worked very well for me. I always keep a backup card key in my wallet just in case my phone dies or is stolen, its an RFID card you just tap on the B pillar. They give you two of those when you pickup the car in lieu of a FOB which is now an accessory they offer on the website store.

The only thing I'm going to add to my Model 3 is a kick sensor for opening the trunk, it's nice for those times that your hands are full and your phone is in your pocket so it can't hear you say "open the trunk".

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008
The awesome blue color they have in reviews looks to only be in the GT version on their site. But the reviewers seem to have premium version with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEUydA50Cd0&t=81s

ClassH fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Dec 16, 2020

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

ClassH posted:

The awesome blue color they have in reviews looks to only be in the GT version on their site. But the reviewers seem to have premium version with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEUydA50Cd0&t=81s

You could get that color with the limited edition too iirc

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Finger Prince posted:

I'm not against smartphones, I'm against digging them out whenever I want to do anything like open the door.
Also if the Navi isn't Waze, I never want to use it.

There was a shot in Doug's video when he was using the touchscreen and there was a Waze icon on it.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Speleothing posted:

The mustang looks sexy as hell. It's without a doubt the best looking 4-door EV. And it goes fast.

Looks sexy, goes fast is the mustang brand.

This? Really?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
The Taycan is definitely better looking but costs like twice as much money

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I am extremely interested in the mach-e GT but I am guessing it will be unobtanium and I refuse to pay above msrp for a car anyway.

But drat I think I saw a photo of one in what looks like that tangerine scream colour from the focus st?? Hell yes.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

bird with big dick posted:

I have a real early reservation for a Mach-E GT. Today the dealership called me and asked me if I wanted to switch to a regular one that will supposedly be delivered in January. I told em I wasn't really interested.

I'm imagining that the dealer wanted to sell you a regular Mustang.

Mostly because I have heard of Bronco reservation holders who were offered the chance to switch to a Bronco Sport by their dealers.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Zero One posted:

Mostly because I have heard of Bronco reservation holders who were offered the chance to switch to a Bronco Sport by their dealers.
By regular I'm guessing he means non-GT models. Not ICE mustang.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

ilkhan posted:

By regular I'm guessing he means non-GT models. Not ICE mustang.

Yeah I figured that in the end but it wasn't my first thought.

PIZZA.BAT posted:

Finally a review from someone who actually drove the car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4n5iPqxpaw

Is there some company selling white-label car auction websites to car YouTubers? This is not the first ad I've seen for "our own unique car auction website".

Zero One fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Dec 16, 2020

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
My concern would be UI responsiveness. Doug's video seemed to show a bit of lag during his interactions with the screen.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.
This was at the office today:

The Tachyon Speed's electric motors produce 1250+ horsepower and a cumulative torque value of 3650 lb/ft and can reach a top speed of 240 mph. The car's battery pack is capable of generating power bursts of 1.4 megawatts and has a range of 150 miles.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Looks a drat far better than anything with a T badge on it.

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009

VideoGameVet posted:

This was at the office today:

The Tachyon Speed's electric motors produce 1250+ horsepower and a cumulative torque value of 3650 lb/ft and can reach a top speed of 240 mph. The car's battery pack is capable of generating power bursts of 1.4 megawatts and has a range of 150 miles.

That's awesome. It looks like one of those tamiya model cars from my childhood. Did you get to sit in it?

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

lostleaf posted:

That's awesome. It looks like one of those tamiya model cars from my childhood. Did you get to sit in it?

Yes!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Zero One posted:

No, they wanted to sell me a Mach e Premium. Probably at a huge markup.

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009

Not going to lie. I'm extremely jealous. Now I'm searching thru aliexpress and ebay trying to find a model of that car.

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Looks a drat far better than anything with a T badge on it.

You should visit an eye doctor.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Being as objective as I can, the Mach-E is one of the least ugly cars in an ugly segment. Subjectively, as a Mustang fan, I hate that a crossover Mustang exists. The fact that it as an apparently decent EV causes even more internal conflict. I also hate that the only thing the industry wants to make these days is trucks and raised ride-height station wagons.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Bandire posted:

Being as objective as I can, the Mach-E is one of the least ugly cars in an ugly segment. Subjectively, as a Mustang fan, I hate that a crossover Mustang exists. The fact that it as an apparently decent EV causes even more internal conflict. I also hate that the only thing the industry wants to make these days is trucks and raised ride-height station wagons.

It will be interesting to see where Audi price the e-tron GT. Great looking car and feels like an under occupied bit of the market

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Shamino posted:

It’s not the most handsome car ever but I certainly prefer the design language on the Mach-E vs the melting lozenge design of the Y. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, etc

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Shamino posted:

He is correct.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Anyone that thinks the model Y doesn’t look like an unlicensed car from GTA3 is just wrong.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

The model S was the only pretty good Tesla design and it's showing its age now.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

The Y is pretty ugly but the X is shockingly bad

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

The model S was the only pretty good Tesla design and it's showing its age now.

I used to think the Model S looked like something someone that had talent, but was still an amateur would draw. Compared to the X, Y and 3 it looks really good. But then again, those 3 look like poo poo, so maybe not the best comparison? At least the model S has good propertions, unlike the other 3.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I just never really got the hate for the 3. It looks pretty decent. I guess people don't like the mouthless grille, but compared to basically anything else, it's easily in the upper quartile of otherwise ordinary cars as far as looks go.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

Finger Prince posted:

I just never really got the hate for the 3. It looks pretty decent. I guess people don't like the mouthless grille, but compared to basically anything else, it's easily in the upper quartile of otherwise ordinary cars as far as looks go.

The Citroen DS21's front would have worked better :-)

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007
Pretty much anything else but what they did.... i am no fan of Tesla design but that model 3 /Y are terrible... I’d drive a model S but the rest are just horrible

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

stirlo posted:

Pretty much anything else but what they did.... i am no fan of Tesla design but that model 3 /Y are terrible... I’d drive a model S but the rest are just horrible

Here's even a better front:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Finger Prince posted:

To me it's fine, much in the same way that like a Corolla is fine. Upper quartile is stretching it in my opinion. It's not a very interesting design.