Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Xachariah posted:

I regularly do the whole Eleven style legendary ping and explode enemies heads from the street outside netrunner poo poo and I don't recall that ever happening. :confused:

It literally happens every time for me. Just last night it happened when I had to go save Saul with Panam. I stood on top of the rock outcropping you park near, infiltrated the surveillance system to make all the enemies puke to death and when I was pretty sure the place was empty, I strolled up to the main entrance and 10+ new enemies suddenly appeared where there were none before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Do side quests expire? Just got a call from Panam telling me to go help her. It sounds urgent but I don't want to go do one of her missions so soon.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

mcbexx posted:

Remember her?

Well, I found her again. In da club! Small world, eh?

Anyway, wallpaper time.

Full size

Full size

Full size

Full size

Full size

Full size

Full size

And finally ... :nws: HORNY IS PROHIBITED! :nws:

Yo these screens are loving dope

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Fat_Cow posted:

Yeah you need 70% in the middle column to unlock it. Cheat Engine is giving me nothing and I can't find a save file around either.

I was googling around about it and saw anecdotal evidence that you can get it at 50% and 70% but not 60%, so there's even more reason to expect broken poo poo in play if true. I'd just wait and see if cheat engine bore no fruit

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Minor spoiler from the prologue - something I wondered about :

When you are in the penthouse in The Heist mission, T-Bug opens the window. Instead of going out you can stay inside, take the stairs to the next floor and the door to the landing platform will now also be open. Then you get the optional mission to kill 2 guards and can open the door to Saburo's flying car, from which you can nab a nice iconic sword with 500% crit damage. But there's also a glowing data pad inside, which cannot be scanned or interacted with, despite having a quest marker. I wonder if these are quest remains for an alternate outcome, that were cut from the game.

https://i.imgur.com/oTSlrGk.jpg

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Dec 17, 2020

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

KillHour posted:

It literally happens every time for me. Just last night it happened when I had to go save Saul with Panam. I stood on top of the rock outcropping you park near, infiltrated the surveillance system to make all the enemies puke to death and when I was pretty sure the place was empty, I strolled up to the main entrance and 10+ new enemies suddenly appeared where there were none before.

yup it can be ridiculous. it was really egregious in the first judy mission. i had camera view of completely empty rooms that spontaneously populated once i tripped some spawn trigger.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

lunar detritus posted:

Do side quests expire? Just got a call from Panam telling me to go help her. It sounds urgent but I don't want to go do one of her missions so soon.

Time does not exist

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Photo mode good

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

No Mods No Masters posted:

There's something very weird going on where people reject the idea of an open world game that isn't a sandbox, even though that's also what witcher 3, which everyone liked, was. I feel like if you worked in or studied marketing this game would be the most interesting case study ever

A bigger mystery to me is what people call "good driving". I have played countless games where driving was fine but people lavelled them horrible. I think people expect cars to drive like off-track 4x4 and have infinite drifting capilities,... no idea.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

TescoBag posted:

Photo mode good

SIIIIIIICK

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Just had The Black Knight moment. I killed everybody at some gig and was looting the place when I heard some insults thrown at my character. I looked around and it turned out to be some dead guy without an arm. I threw a grenade at his body - he lost his other arm, both legs and was set on fire. One of his severed arms got stuck in the level geometry and was flapping around slapping him on the face......and he just kept spewing combat taunts.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

KillHour posted:

That's... weird. Are you on PC? Maybe the enemy spawn distance depends on settings or something?

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

TescoBag posted:

Photo mode good

KANEEEDAAAA!!!

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

The crafting is beyond broken even in this broken game. I wish I had never even touched it to be honest, it has brought me no joy

That's funny, I feel the opposite. I listened to all the reviewers talk about how useless the crafting and now I feel like I'm gimped for not levelling tech.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Hammerstein posted:

KANEEEDAAAA!!!

TAKEMURAAAA!!!!!!!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Rinkles posted:

apparently the legendary monowire i found in a random container

Where'd you find this?

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Hammerstein posted:

Minor spoiler from the prologue - something I wondered about :

When you are in the penthouse in The Heist mission, T-Bug opens the window. Instead of going out you can stay inside, take the stairs to the next floor and the door to the landing platform will now also be open. Then you get the optional mission to kill 2 guards and can open the door to Saburo's flying car, from which you can nab a nice iconic sword with 500% crit damage. But there's also a glowing data pad inside, which cannot be scanned or interacted with, despite having a quest marker. I wonder if these are quest remains for an alternate outcome, that were cut from the game.

https://i.imgur.com/oTSlrGk.jpg

Wait, what now? Early legendary katana I didn't know about? That'll be good for my next playthrough if I decide to go through with the cyberninja idea I'm toying with.

It's either that or a gunslinging pistoleer headshot god In honour of Mr Morgan.

Edit: There is also the the "both" option since I believe both would use reflexes, body and cool I think?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KirbyKhan posted:

Time does not exist

As it should. The timed quest, well the timed quest that will fail by inaction, is bar none one of the worst pieces of trash in gameplay. I can understand certain missions having internal time limits, but I still don't like it, and prefer when I can look over every drat thing. You can still make something feel tense without needing me to feel like I have to do time trials.

Oh I wanted to upload some guide photos and the uploader on the mobile app...can be spotty...can anyone recommend something easy to use with iOS, so I can just paste in image codes?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Xachariah posted:

That's... weird. Are you on PC? Maybe the enemy spawn distance depends on settings or something?

I'm on PC playing on hard with crowd density on high. Honestly, with half the thread claiming the game works flawlessly and half the thread saying it's an early access beta at best and borderline unplayable at worst, I'm starting to think there are two different worlds somehow connected via the internet and I live in the lovely one.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

double negative posted:

worst character in the game is the dude ranting on the street who always shows up as a quest. gets me every motherfucking time

ughhhh posted:

Problem with that mission is that the mission will trigger if you happen to pass by him. I went to the ripperdoc and happened to pass by him, and when i came out, he was dead on the ground. One less youtuber i guess.

good. he was extremely annoying and i actually avoided going to that area because i couldn't find a way to get rid of him.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

As it should. The timed quest, well the timed quest that will fail by inaction, is bar none one of the worst pieces of trash in gameplay. I can understand certain missions having internal time limits, but I still don't like it, and prefer when I can look over every drat thing. You can still make something feel tense without needing me to feel like I have to do time trials.

I'm also glad that V's Relic Malfunction anemia attacks seem to be scripted. Anyone else remember how lovely Fary Cry 2's random Malaria attacks were?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Where'd you find this?

i don't remember, but apparently here

a garage in Kabuki

https://vulkk.com/2020/12/12/cyberpunk-2077-legendary-and-iconic-gear-locations

KillHour posted:

I'm on PC playing on hard with crowd density on high. Honestly, with half the thread claiming the game works flawlessly and half the thread saying it's an early access beta at best and borderline unplayable at worst, I'm starting to think there are two different worlds somehow connected via the internet and I live in the lovely one.

different people will notice/care about different things. like you wouldn't have known about enemy spawns if you didn't check the cameras.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Starks posted:

That's funny, I feel the opposite. I listened to all the reviewers talk about how useless the crafting and now I feel like I'm gimped for not levelling tech.

Oh don't get me wrong it's powerful for sure, just broken in terms of economy, costs of things, bugs, leveling it or grinding mats without exploits, terrible UI, things that don't do what they say they should do, etc.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Adaptabullshit posted:

I dropped a melee weapon at my feet before the mission and then equipped it as soon as the fight started.

:discourse: i like the way you think... making the jank work for you for once.

Last King fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 17, 2020

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Rinkles posted:

different people will notice/care about different things. like you wouldn't have known about enemy spawns if you didn't check the cameras.

How do you not check cameras in a game about hacking people remotely so their heads explode?

How does a developer not make sure that kind of thing... You know... Works?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

KillHour posted:

How do you not check cameras in a game about hacking people remotely so their heads explode?

idk. i was surprised more people hadn't brought the issue up when i first noticed it.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Xachariah posted:

Wait, what now? Early legendary katana I didn't know about? That'll be good for my next playthrough if I decide to go through with the cyberninja idea I'm toying with.

Motivational pic:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Pistol Gang

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

There's not much reason to use cameras even as a hacking main once you understand how the ping spell works and have it upgraded a bit. Granted the game never really conveys this very well

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

I was googling around about it and saw anecdotal evidence that you can get it at 50% and 70% but not 60%, so there's even more reason to expect broken poo poo in play if true. I'd just wait and see if cheat engine bore no fruit

At this point I'll take a save file, but apperently that doesn't exist either.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

There's not much reason to use cameras even as a hacking main once you understand how the ping spell works and have it upgraded a bit. Granted the game never really conveys this very well

are you talking about the legendary ping? cause it's a while before you can get that

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

KillHour posted:

That's exactly the same as what I have :confused:. Yeah I feel you, there are some times I've read peoples experiences and felt like I was playing a totally different game than them. Like the enemy AI seems more... effective against me than what other some other people describe.

I occasionally try different strategies other than netrunner demon lord and I have to be pretty careful I don't gently caress up and get 1 hit by snipers while 'nades are raining on me. Seems the scripting is very fragile/janky and I've been fairly lucky?

Deadreak
Jul 16, 2004

Я никому не хочу 

Last King posted:

:discourse: i like the way you think... making the jank for you for once.

I did this for last Beat on brat fight with Razor... and thank loving god. I usually don't like cheesing games, but gently caress this janky rear end poo poo. Mofo died in 5 seconds with my 1000 DPS Katana. bummer you don't even get trophy in your apartment for finishing that quest...

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

So using ping will make those enemies appear so you can hack them or they still don't appear until later but because you didn't see the room was physically empty you don't notice as much? I'm not sure which is more :psyduck:

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Doing the gig where you have to break into the Samurai superfan's apartment to steal Kerry Eurodyne's guitar and the dude has his Johnny/Kerry slash fanfiction sitting on his coffee table :allears:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Anyone else having trouble getting the game to remember your controller/graphics settings every time you start it back up?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I'm also glad that V's Relic Malfunction anemia attacks seem to be scripted. Anyone else remember how lovely Fary Cry 2's random Malaria attacks were?

<shudder> Yes. Yes I do. Also gently caress those regenerating checkpoints. I'm also a strong believer when you unlock a drat thing, it stays unlocked, barring a story specific reason or a super hardcore game mode option.

But yeah I was a little concerned at first they were leading a water chip or mutant situation. Which is funny because BI realized how bad those time limits were and made sure to remove every last vestige of them for Fallout 2.

That said these days I think point of no return warnings have helped eliminate those issues, since you can't have a PONR and make getting their timed too, since it sends insanely conflicting messages...well unless it's a totally poo poo game.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Rinkles posted:

are you talking about the legendary ping? cause it's a while before you can get that

I mean I think upgrading it just improves the duration but not really the actual effect, which is to just reveal everyone as silhouettes and remove the line of sight requirement, so you can just hack everyone to death through all the walls without even touching the cameras.

I say this with no particular opinion on guys spawning in, I never really noticed it clearing out gigs or NCPD missions but it probably happens during more scripted quests yeah

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Still pisses me off I can headshot dudes across the map and through walls for 300k with a pistol but I can't hit poo poo beyond 10 meters with a shotgun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

KillHour posted:

I was listening to a gaming YouTube channel who were talking about exactly this and apparently almost all of the bugs are a result of the hard disk that is used. If you use a fast ssd the game has no problem loading the assets, but on slower disks the game is simply not catching up in time. This is supposedly responsible for almost all of the glitches that have been reported. No idea how true this is, but it sounds plausible, that's supposedly why the slow hard drive option is a thing in the menu.

l