Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Just because WWE does something badly it doesn't mean that the concept itself is bad. And as you note even WWE has managed to get it right at least once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Neither Tony or Don are doing authority figure poo poo. Like Don made a main event, yes, but it was after a beat down and made sense to be made. Tony is specifically, textually not flexing his authority figure muscles there, he's just throwing shade at a guy who pissed him off in an amazing way.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I know there are obviously varying levels of rabbit holes and kool-aid going on, but I really struggle to imagine the kind of person who watches Vince McMahon barely get through an unopposed promo with no story or angle or talent to get over where all he had to do was say 'the Undertaker was cool' and thinks making him the central onscreen story figure on weekly television again is a good idea.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Bringing back Vince and saying enough of the Legends are opposing ideas.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Ah, so you admit Vince is a Living Legend? Checkmate

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
we haven't ruled out lich yet

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Vince is a legend in the same way Mussolini is so... yeah.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Dr. Baker posted:

Vince is a legend in the same way Mussolini is so... yeah.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

You’re missing the sausage links

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

I was going to say it was missing the most important part of any Mussolini photo, the lamp post.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Is that symbolism??? Is that a symbol?????

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Idgi

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

forkboy84 posted:

I was going to say it was missing the most important part of any Mussolini photo, the people beating his corpse.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/EmJayHix/status/1339337077746524161?s=19

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pretty sure that's a TNA Mecca freakshow. Also, unsurprisingly, a massive chud.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

always heartening when i go to block one of these lovely tweeters and they're already blocked

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Jesus

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Feels good to tweet at that guy that he stinks!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Pretty sure that's a TNA Mecca freakshow. Also, unsurprisingly, a massive chud.

How are the TNA Mecca people taking Impact working with AEW anyway?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

NomDePlumeⓇ • 12 hours ago

The way IMPACT has maneuvered Kahn into taking the boastful heel position and themselves being the underdog face is really something.

Taking slings and arrows like Kahn is dishing out isn't easy on ones business ego, but it proves they see the big picture long term benefits.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

its me, the user pining for the days of matt morgan

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

those people are crisis actors

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Ahahahahahahahahah

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

edit: nevermind

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Procrastinator posted:

its me, the user pining for the days of matt morgan

So what you're saying is you're Matt Morgan :hmmyes:

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Rarity posted:

ive probably got comparable mass, it's just not muscle

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Matt Morgan ruled, 35 year old rookie with ten years experience under his belt.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
He's gonna be a big star one of these days, just you wait!

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

i'm pretty sure this a troll post but still, lol

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

Sounds more like Jim Cornette. Pretty sure he was a bigger fan of Matt Morgan than even Matt Morgan.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I like that it fades out like I'm walking away from this person and their dumb opinions are getting quieter.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

Yeah gently caress Seth Rollins for *checks notes* taking paternity leave to support his wife who was always a bigger star than him

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Wasn’t Rollins and Becky announced before the pandemic? Or is that just the COVID time dilation effect loving with me.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

History Comes Inside! posted:

Wasn’t Rollins and Becky announced before the pandemic? Or is that just the COVID time dilation effect loving with me.

It was after, like in early May I think

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh my God that's right it was just after that atrocious Money in the Bank PPV where they had them go to Titan Tower and it was incredibly underwhelming and we discovered the lift runs slower than people can go up stairs (including pauses to fight on the way!).

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

History Comes Inside! posted:

Becky announced her pregnancy and vacated the belt in May, after a month or so of "mysteriously" not wrestling but still appearing.

Seth stuck around till the bitter end, I think Becky gave birth like 2 weeks after he finally went on leave.

Jerusalem posted:

Oh my God that's right it was just after that atrocious Money in the Bank PPV where they had them go to Titan Tower and it was incredibly underwhelming and we discovered the lift runs slower than people can go up stairs (including pauses to fight on the way!).

Yeah, they retconned the women's MITB match to be for the title instead of the briefcase, so Asuka "won" it without beating anyone and Becky gave it up without getting pinned. Hell of a rub after Becky held that thing for like 4,000 days.

Benne fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Dec 17, 2020

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
And Asuka has been in one meaningful title feud in the 7 months since, and is almost certainly losing it to Charlotte as soon as she returns

Can't wait

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Honestly, given WWE’s lack of COVID protocols, it’s probably safer to be pregnant and off the road than going to DA THUNDERDOME every week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

I feel like this one could be coming from the forums.