Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Homora Gaykemi posted:

In the middle of rewatching Age of Extinction for the first time since seeing it at the movies and honestly, apart from the super cringe "no, see its not statutory rape" scene it kind of owns so far?

Optimus's rusted out G1 looking truck mode at the start is cool, the human story is still dumb but a lot less cringey than the Shia Labeouf family stuff apart from that one egregious element, the villains are unequivocally the American government and capitalism, John Goodman rules, and Kelsey Grammer does pretty good playing himself.

Drift seems kinda casually racist from what I've seen from him so far, but he's not like the twins level so even that's a step in the right direction

Now ready for the second half of the movie to go ahead and discredit everything nice I've said about it

E: oh yeah, and Marky Mark the racist piece of poo poo being in the movie at all is a stain on it

It's great! If you just ignore all the countless massive flaws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
The first movie stands out because it was the first and Dark Of The Moon because it has an actual coherent plot. Revenge Of The Fallen just gave me a headache when I saw it in the cinema, Age Of Extinction just never seems to want to end and The Last Knight is just incredibly boring for large stretches; though the montage introducing the Decepticons was an interesting idea, that the Decepticons essentially because afterthoughts almost immediately afterwards made it moot

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
AoE rules. TJ Miller dies horrible and Stanley Tucci fuckin rules. Best badguys of the whole franchise too, Grammer, Weliver and Lockdown.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Target made me approve the delivery date for
Ramjet again. Coming before the end of the month, they say. Meanwhile I've found multiple Runabouts on store shelves. Not so rare after all, I guess.

Elita-1 finally shipped. I should have just kept my Bumblebee preorder for the wrong address and had FedEx hold it for me.
All of these same things happened for me today too. Plus my Soundwave showed up :cool:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Fsmhunk posted:

It's great! If you just ignore all the countless massive flaws.

me every time I tried to keep a girlfriend

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
DX9 Dragstrip arrived today and he just went straight to arm mode. That's one set down, now to overspend on the XTB parts and hope Fans Toys gets their last two out by next Christmas.

GD_American posted:

me every time I tried to keep a girlfriend

I have those bigass Combiners ready to leave my possession.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Rhyno posted:

I have those bigass Combiners ready to leave my possession.

I'm edumacating myself on the 3P stuff; didn't you have their versions each of Bruticus, Menasor and Superion, from Zeta and Toyworld?

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
With all the posts about it lately, I guess you could say Secret Santa is really ramping up!

Don't thank me, thank my Secret Santa, DoctorWhat!

TheDK fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Dec 16, 2020

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GD_American posted:

I'm edumacating myself on the 3P stuff; didn't you have their versions each of Bruticus, Menasor and Superion, from Zeta and Toyworld?

Devastator from Toyworld

Bruticus from Zeta

Superion from Zeta

Zeta broke off from Toyworld so these were likely all designed by the same guys. The arm sockets are the same on all three and they all feature "pants" to push them to the 20" scale

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

TheDK posted:

With all the posts about it lately, I guess you could say Secret Santa is really ramping up!

Don't thank me, thank my Secret Santa, DoctorWhat!

There's more to look forward to! I wouldn't cheap out and just get you ramp fauna!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

DoctorWhat posted:

There's more to look forward to! I wouldn't cheap out and just get you ramp fauna!

He got you ramp flora, too!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not sure what it is, but I'm not crazy about the blue on the Zeta Bruticus

Something about the colors is off

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Burkion posted:

I'm not sure what it is, but I'm not crazy about the blue on the Zeta Bruticus

Something about the colors is off

Really? Most people think the toon color one looks bad, there was a lot of people wanting to trade the one from the boxed set for the original.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

Really? Most people think the toon color one looks bad, there was a lot of people wanting to trade the one from the boxed set for the original.

The toon colors are the ones with silver limbs, right?

The blue just looks wrong to me for what Bruticus' character is. It makes him look more suited for being an autobot, which runs counter with his general design and look. Silver also pairs better with his cannons and head. The metallic blue...I don't know. Looks too mellow.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I have the silver one and I got it on purpose and it’s great

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's a great set with amazing shelf presence. I just found that I like the MMC set more.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

The first movie stands out because it was the first and Dark Of The Moon because it has an actual coherent plot. Revenge Of The Fallen just gave me a headache when I saw it in the cinema, Age Of Extinction just never seems to want to end and The Last Knight is just incredibly boring for large stretches; though the montage introducing the Decepticons was an interesting idea, that the Decepticons essentially because afterthoughts almost immediately afterwards made it moot

Lmao I forgot the suicide squad montage just to kill them right away.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

It's a great set with amazing shelf presence. I just found that I like the MMC set more.

Oh I don't doubt if I had it in hand, the sheer "its here and in your face"-ness would override minor color nonsense.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Rhyno posted:

I’m gonna be all over their Defensor so I understand the appeal there.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Fsmhunk posted:

Lmao I forgot the suicide squad montage just to kill them right away.

The most impressive thing about the Bay sequels is how they're all utterly putrid in their own unique ways. They're never lovely the same way twice.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Keldroc posted:

The most impressive thing about the Bay sequels is how they're all utterly putrid in their own unique ways. They're never lovely the same way twice.

One never expected Bay to have Decepticons adopt 'what a very white rich man thinks prison culture is like' but here we are.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
BBTS apparently has Wave 1 of Kingdom deluxes in stock now, if you need them.

Also, my Secret Santee's gift is STILL in transit, but at least it's in the same state as where they live.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Burkion posted:

Your second says it was delivered on Saturday to a parcel box

I really hope you don't have one of the second but I don't want to give away what it is so, fingers crossed.

Got the second box! Both are under the tree. I plan on opening them up Christmas morning.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

:rock:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BBTS apparently has Wave 1 of Kingdom deluxes in stock now, if you need them.

Also, my Secret Santee's gift is STILL in transit, but at least it's in the same state as where they live.

I was about to do this but honestly I can wait for my TCP order.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
My Sandstorm arrived from Hasbro Pulse today. I gotta say, he looks GOOD in this deco. I'm loving how they're releasing these obscure characters in the Selects line. To me they're becoming more interesting releases than the mainline stuff.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Shiftypenguin posted:

My Sandstorm arrived from Hasbro Pulse today. I gotta say, he looks GOOD in this deco. I'm loving how they're releasing these obscure characters in the Selects line. To me they're becoming more interesting releases than the mainline stuff.

Yeah, mine came too, along with Cordon and Spinout. I don't have Ramjet (or Dirge) and I'm likely not to with the supply issues, but I really, really like Sandstorm.

Cordon and Spinout have the same problems as Sunstreaker. The tabs on the chest need to be filed down, most of the issue is the silver-grey paint on Spinout and Sunstreaker, but Cordon has none of that and still needed a liiiiiitle Bing of filing to make the pegs stay flush in the holes. Makes a HUGE difference in car mode.

Also, where all three's inner elbows have the slot that they tab into the back of the car to make the rear bumper has a liiiiitle bit of white stress marks due to transformation. You can't see it on Sunstreaker's forearms due to the yellow paint, but it shows up very bright on the other two's black forearms. I don't see it getting worse, though.

Is it likely that Netflix Bumblebee and Soundwave will see a Japanese release, maybe?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yeah, mine came too, along with Cordon and Spinout. I don't have Ramjet (or Dirge) and I'm likely not to with the supply issues, but I really, really like Sandstorm.

Cordon and Spinout have the same problems as Sunstreaker. The tabs on the chest need to be filed down, most of the issue is the silver-grey paint on Spinout and Sunstreaker, but Cordon has none of that and still needed a liiiiiitle Bing of filing to make the pegs stay flush in the holes. Makes a HUGE difference in car mode.

Also, where all three's inner elbows have the slot that they tab into the back of the car to make the rear bumper has a liiiiitle bit of white stress marks due to transformation. You can't see it on Sunstreaker's forearms due to the yellow paint, but it shows up very bright on the other two's black forearms. I don't see it getting worse, though.

Is it likely that Netflix Bumblebee and Soundwave will see a Japanese release, maybe?

Soundwave is suddenly turning up in huge numbers. My friend found 8 of them at a walmart half an hour from here.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

apparently a new wave of Cyberverse deluxes including Soundwave, Prowl, and Starscream is out.

Why they keep shoving Cyberverse's version of Prowl into things instead of giving us important characters like Windblade or Shadowstriker mystifies me.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Nodosaur posted:

Why they keep shoving Cyberverse's version of Prowl into things instead of giving us important characters like Windblade or Shadowstriker mystifies me.
That is really weird. Is the version any good? Prowl isn't popular

I mean the whole IDW thing was "Prowl sucks, and sucks some more" after all...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They could also stop making lovely Cyberverse toys and make enough Amazon 2-packs to go around

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Spiderdrake posted:

That is really weird. Is the version any good? Prowl isn't popular

Prowl has his fans, I think, among the (sound of nostrils flaring) casual fans.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dawgstar posted:

Prowl has his fans, I think, among the (sound of nostrils flaring) casual fans.

How dare you. Prowl is my FAVORITE.

I don't really care for the Cyberverse line, though.

Rhyno posted:

They could also stop making lovely Cyberverse toys and make enough Amazon 2-packs to go around

Don't worry, there will be plenty of Micromasters and Autobot clones!:downsgun:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Prowl himself is fine.

The Cyberverse version does little else than show up, though. If they're only gonna make so many Deluxe toys, though, it's bizarre he'd get one and someone who's plot important like Windblade doesn't.

The cartoon is solid and the Deluxes are the only way to get decent members of the cast.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I like Prowl, just because IDW decided to make him Robo-Stalin or whatever they did with him doesn't affect the other versions of the character. Cyberverse's target market probably wasn't even born when those comics were coming out.

I would wager Prowl is, in fact, fairly popular or else they wouldn't keep making figures of him/the figures would shelfwarm.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Knormal posted:

I would wager Prowl is, in fact, fairly popular or else they wouldn't keep making figures of him/the figures would shelfwarm.
Shelfwarming is generally a function of oversupply at this point. The infamous yellow hives were actually of the most popular character in the franchise at the time.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Knormal posted:

I like Prowl, just because IDW decided to make him Robo-Stalin or whatever they did with him doesn't affect the other versions of the character. Cyberverse's target market probably wasn't even born when those comics were coming out.

Kids love police cars and other emergency vehicles, so Prowl will always be something of a staple for the line.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

How dare you. Prowl is my FAVORITE.

That's cool. I did used to know a guy who you could make genuinely angry if you mentioned he was killed by Scavenger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Prowl was the fall guy when they wanted to make the Autobots more morally neutral.

It got its worst after the war, but it's hard to say how much was him and how much was the whole mind control thing. All I can say for sure is he did the exploding brain chips. Prowl was trying to run things after Optimus quit, but then everybody rallied to the most popular character until he lost the election and died.