Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

BadLlama posted:

nice repeated forced penetrations

Huh?

e;
All the gold and skill books I've put into crews, wonder how much WG is gonna round things down. And then give a tiny discount to something crew related after the fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

bad joke

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Skill raided my WoT stream today.

Me right after and also now still.

The crazier part was over 300 of them were still there a bit over an hour later when I had to leave.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Katamari Democracy posted:

I am a bit confused by this. Im on PC and I am not sure what you mean by this.

WG's other games have had features like built-in 6th sense and streamlined crew & equipment systems for years. These are things that WoT has badly needed, and they're in every game including the console & mobile versions of WoT. WG is dragging their collective asses and just implemented "equipment 2.0" after like 10 years.

Mesadoram posted:

Also on an unrelated side note, never buy a chair without sitting in it first. I bought a secretlabs titan (first mistake as I am kind of short) and my back is on loving fire. $120 to return it to them.

Hard lesson learned :smith:.

This is definitely good advice, but difficult in practice due to a variety of factors: not having a specific model available locally to try it out, having to ship things for pandemic-related reasons, or just plain finding good deals on office liquidation sales that have to be shipped to you (which is how I got mine.)

I looked up that chair you bought, and it's basically of the "car-seat style gamer chair" aesthetic, popularized I think by DXRacer. There's a ton of different sellers of those now, and while they're probably of widely varying quality, they're not going to be as good overall (as a straight up desk chair) as purpose-designed office equipment. There's a chair thread, but the models that get recommended are things like the Steelcase Leap (the one I have), the Herman Miller designs newer than the Aeron, and other similar expensive, but good office chairs (which, again, more than suffice for ~gaming~ duty.) And again, these are commonly available used for much less than their MSRP (see Craigs, eBay.)

That being said, I needed a chair for my secondary desk area (e.g. where I work on my media transcoding and Plex server) and bought an off-brand of those car-seat chairs for only around $100. It's totally fine for occasional use (and reclines flat) but is definitely inferior to, say, the Leap, in terms of build quality and adjustability (high-end office chairs give you multiple options for adjusting the height and angle of everything from the armrests, to the seat, to the backrest.) The one you bought looks better, but not $400+ better, considering that will get you one of the aforementioned ex-office chairs.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Atomizer posted:

I looked up that chair you bought, and it's basically of the "car-seat style gamer chair" aesthetic, popularized I think by DXRacer. There's a ton of different sellers of those now, and while they're probably of widely varying quality, they're not going to be as good overall (as a straight up desk chair) as purpose-designed office equipment. There's a chair thread, but the models that get recommended are things like the Steelcase Leap (the one I have), the Herman Miller designs newer than the Aeron, and other similar expensive, but good office chairs (which, again, more than suffice for ~gaming~ duty.) And again, these are commonly available used for much less than their MSRP (see Craigs, eBay.)

That being said, I needed a chair for my secondary desk area (e.g. where I work on my media transcoding and Plex server) and bought an off-brand of those car-seat chairs for only around $100. It's totally fine for occasional use (and reclines flat) but is definitely inferior to, say, the Leap, in terms of build quality and adjustability (high-end office chairs give you multiple options for adjusting the height and angle of everything from the armrests, to the seat, to the backrest.) The one you bought looks better, but not $400+ better, considering that will get you one of the aforementioned ex-office chairs.

It is not $400 worth it :smith:.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Captain Blaargh posted:

Skill raided my WoT stream today.

Me right after and also now still.

The crazier part was over 300 of them were still there a bit over an hour later when I had to leave.

that's rad dude congrats

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I didn't know what to use in the 3rd slot on the Bat-Chat 155-58 so I put in a Turbocharger and now it's faster and has more horsepower than the Bat-Chat 25 t AP (Tier 9 - the Tier 10 Bat-Chat has a bit more horsepower).

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

They really need to update the requirements on the campaign missions. Nobody has uploaded a replay where they get the honours requirements for Arty 15-4 since they did the arty rework in patch 0.9.18 way back in 2017.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Speaking of cancer, I've realized I can one-shot certain tanks.

Goodbye SU-130PM. I am going to be aiming to remove you with extreme prejudice going forward.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Yep. Been playing arty to finally unlock the T-55A. When an open top anything gets spotted without cover or in splash radius you snap right to with psychotic abandon.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Bought the 50TP and played one game this morning.

Did 1 shot of damage and then got focused by 3 arty until I died. They killed my driver twice in a row. I wanted to cry a little.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
Anytime a hellcat popped up I would rotate my m44 to it immediately.

Edit: Think I hate the GSOR. It's slow and the gun is either laser accurate or shells magically deviate into tracks, the smallest part of armor that I can't pen, or the ground no matter the range... and 44 seconds later I get to try again. I just noticed that the gold rounds also can lose up to 100 pen when fired at range. Which is murch worse than the pen loss due to range than any other TD I've seen. So that "321" pen can be as low as 165 if it low rolls and is at max range (if that's how it works).

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Dec 15, 2020

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Another 'Raider' medal courtesy of the Pz.Sfl.IC. The first time getting one with a vehicle even remotely stealthy.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

50Tp is in the calendar today. I like it more then the defender and would personally recommend.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

Mesadoram posted:

The crew re-work is something that has been needed for a very very long time.

Also on an unrelated side note, never buy a chair without sitting in it first. I bought a secretlabs titan (first mistake as I am kind of short) and my back is on loving fire. $120 to return it to them.

Hard lesson learned :smith:.

drat, I love mine but yeah I'm also 6' 2" and 250 lbs so it fits me perfectly.

Also popping in to say I miss the old days of playing with terrible people such as Hardest, Rossmum, and Hellsau.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

primelaw posted:

drat, I love mine but yeah I'm also 6' 2" and 250 lbs so it fits me perfectly.

Also popping in to say I miss the old days of playing with terrible people such as Hardest, Rossmum, and Hellsau.

Yeah, it's a little too big for me as I am MUCH shorter than that lol. I think I will suck up the $120 return fee and get the Omega.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

One of the things that the streamers/content creators were suggesting with the Advent Calendar tanks was that even if you have the tank, you can buy the bundle at a discount and get the other stuff (e.g. garage slot, crew, but most importantly the 25 5x missions.) The only problem is that I think it only gives you the garage slot for 300 gold, not the other stuff. Not that I want the crew, and thankfully it doesn't appear to clutter up the barracks with them, and not that I want a full-price garage slot either. But it doesn't show the receipt of the missions or anything other than the garage slot, and there's so much clutter in the interface that it's hard to find the current quantity of those 5x missions in the first place.

I did find my stack of them and it didn't appear to increment after buying one of the deals, but it also didn't increment after getting the 4 of them from the Snow Maidens every day, and it does show a notification that they're received when you accept their daily gift. So either I'm not looking in the right place, the quantity isn't being changed in real-time, or it's really not giving more of those missions from either the AC bundles or SM gifts. :sigh:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Well now, the advent calendar for today is disappointing to say the least...

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

the fact that the T95/FV4201 exists and that it only exists in the garages of at least competent players is infuriating. i'm a mediocre player and every time i encounter one of these things it is always dunking on me and i cant do poo poo to it

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

ROFLburger posted:

the fact that the T95/FV4201 exists and that it only exists in the garages of at least competent players is infuriating. i'm a mediocre player and every time i encounter one of these things it is always dunking on me and i cant do poo poo to it

:goonsay:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

may i suggest u get gud?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
"get gud"?

Get hosed.

I've improved my stats consistently according to WN8, dmg/game, experience/game and my loving win rate keeps dropping.

Yes I'm salty. You're not even trolling *ME* and I'm angry.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

perhaps an uninstall is in order here. for the sake of mental health

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
This game tends to bring out the worst in a person. It's why I stopped playing seriously and honestly why I stopped playing PvP based games almost totally.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

ROFLburger posted:

agreed, sell PC as well

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Cannon_Fodder posted:

"get gud"?

Get hosed.

I've improved my stats consistently according to WN8, dmg/game, experience/game and my loving win rate keeps dropping.

Yes I'm salty. You're not even trolling *ME* and I'm angry.

ladies and gentlemen this is the effect that world of tanks has on the human brain

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I only play this game when I'm drunk

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Space Camp fuckup posted:

The best way to play it TBQH.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Mesadoram posted:

The best way to play it TBQH.

No disagreement from me on this advice.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

ROFLburger posted:

ladies and gentlemen this is the effect that world of tanks has on the human brain

Can confirm. Send help.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

ROFLburger posted:

At first, now any dickhead can cheese it if they get in an okay clan. Though the bad players that get it usually only run it for a week or two after clan wars sitting in the open getting their poo poo pushed in. Then you're back to moderate to unicum players dumping on everyone again.

ROFLburger posted:

Yeah, if it's not fun take a break or walk away. I take a month or two hiatus every so often to prevent burn out since I generally still have a good time with the game. If you just never have a good time putting it down forever and doing something else is not a bad plan. Plus you can always just give it another go some far off time in the future after a large balance update (or you make a poor life decision) to see if it's a better experience. It will still be there. Probably for a very, very long time.

Chug vodka, blast hardbass, bomb around in 430U. True way to play. Blyat

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I must be the Bob Ross of World of Tanks because I never get salty while playing, I only have happy little accidents.

D.J. Booger
Jul 19, 2001
If you're not enjoying the game, then take a break from it or stop playing it.

McGavin posted:

I must be the Bob Ross of World of Tanks because I never get salty while playing, I only have happy little accidents.

Do you want to play tier 8 premium tanks together for credits?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

D.J. Booger posted:

Do you want to play tier 8 premium tanks together for credits?

If you catch me online in the evenings, shoot me an invite. I'm StrokerMcGavin in game.

Same goes to anyone. I can play any tier, I'm just not very talkative.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I'm just playing my tier 4 + tier 3 Premium tanks almost exclusively right now. All you need is tier 4 to do the Chuck missions.

Happy loving holidays, you filthy animals.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Is there a good derp tank at t4 for derping the TD everyone got?

Hetzer comes to mind.

(hetzer gonna hetz yall)

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

BadLlama posted:

Is there a good derp tank at t4 for derping the TD everyone got?

Hetzer comes to mind.

(hetzer gonna hetz yall)

T6, the proto Sherman tank.

SpannerX fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 17, 2020

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
The crazy world of console tanks is back with Chuck Norris, Rambo, and Snake Plissken

https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/action-heroes/

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
If youre gonna take a shot at the king, dont miss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

The size of that shell... :kstare: