Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Christmas gifts for adults is generally a waste and a source of needless stress. If someone needs help thats another matter, but otherwise no more Christmas gifts past 18.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Get gifts for people you love as you can, don't go outside of your means and don't stress, just enjoy the act of doing things for your pals and lovers

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Giving gifts was always the best part of Christmas. Getting stuff you vaguely do/don't need just comes with it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Baudolino posted:

Christmas gifts for adults is generally a waste and a source of needless stress. If someone needs help thats another matter, but otherwise no more Christmas gifts past 18.

How am I going to keep myself in woolly socks if no presents? :(

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

hawowanlawow posted:

the finns are in hibernation right now

3D Megadoodoo posted:

gently caress

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ah yes, Finns, the nation who literally literally have a Yule Month, are notorious for hibernating all through Yule.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Ah yes, Finns, the nation who literally literally have a Yule Month, are notorious for hibernating all through Yule.

I've read Finn Family Moomintroll. Why would Tove Jansson lie?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Elissimpark posted:

I've read Finn Family Moomintroll. Why would Tove Jansson lie?

Serious answer: Tove Jansson was Finnish-Swedish and they have December instead of Yule Month. Sucks to be them :shrug:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
They call it Yule Month because Yule be sleepin’ for a month if you’re Finnish.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I've never had any of that weird gross ammonia licorice. I don't like normal licorice so maybe that stuff is so bad it wraps back around to good.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aramek posted:

I've never had any of that weird gross ammonia licorice. I don't like normal licorice so maybe that stuff is so bad it wraps back around to good.

It's ammonium chloride, not ammonia.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Serious answer: Tove Jansson was Finnish-Swedish and they have December instead of Yule Month. Sucks to be them :shrug:

Is that like how bears technically don't hibernate, they just sleep through winter?

Also, could you ask the rest of the Finns to pick up their game? I wanted to post a Spurdo Moomintroll here, but couldn't find one. Is there a rule that you can't combine them?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Elissimpark posted:

Also, could you ask the rest of the Finns to pick up their game?

No.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Aramek posted:

its good. licorice and ammonium chloride are the only good kinds of candy

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Fair enough, couldn't hurt to ask.

Shibawanko posted:

its good. licorice and ammonium chloride are the only good kinds of candy

Odd way to spell dolly mix.

ROLEX VISION
Oct 3, 2014

dreams money can buy
opinion: drugs are fun and cool when you're under 25. after that it's just sad and embarassing and you'll look like a cringy washed up nerd.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

My Hero Academia: Vigilantes is better than My Hero Academia

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

the only drug i used to do was weed and i lost interest when i was 26 or so. i cant imagine how anyone looks at coke or meth or something and goes "yeah that looks good"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Stimulants were never my thing, but getting drunk and doing a few lines of coke to stay awake and keep partying can be fun. I never liked doing coke on it's own though. Just never felt the same or as fun when it wasn't mixed with several hours of drinking.

Being around a bunch of coked up people sober is near unbearable though.

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
Drugs are all generally pretty fun? I haven't taken heroin so I can't say but everything else I've ever taken has been at least a good time.

Cocaine definitely makes you an rear end in a top hat and being around coked up people sober is extremely obnoxious

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
All I know is is that all of the rich cool people from the 1980s are on coke.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I dont know how people get through life without smoking weed at least every weekend.

I had a lot of fun the one time i took mdma but i felt awful for a few days after.

Alcohol is bafflingly popular to me, I've always got severe hangovers though, it must be loving awful to be an alcoholic but I just don't get how anyone manages it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Changing almost all of the forums UI to not be rude anymore after Lowtax sold the site was an insanely lame move. I recoil in disgust every time I see "You don't have any new private messages....yet."

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Changing almost all of the forums UI to not be rude anymore after Lowtax sold the site was an insanely lame move. I recoil in disgust every time I see "You don't have any new private messages....yet."

Lmao you don't have any private messages! Mega fail.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I dont know how people get through life without smoking weed at least every weekend.

I had a lot of fun the one time i took mdma but i felt awful for a few days after.

Alcohol is bafflingly popular to me, I've always got severe hangovers though, it must be loving awful to be an alcoholic but I just don't get how anyone manages it.

On the flip side I can’t imagine not drinking every weekend but don’t understand why people like weed! Really makes ya think.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

oldpainless posted:

On the flip side I can’t imagine not drinking every weekend but don’t understand why people like weed! Really makes ya think.

People like weed because it makes them falsely believe they're not the most boring people anyone who knows them knows.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

People like weed because it makes them falsely believe they're not the most boring people anyone who knows them knows.

This describes alcohol far better

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

They manage it by continuing to drink.

I've given up booze because I dont actually find it fun. I'd like to smoke weed more because it agrees with me but I've never actually made any connections that I could buy it from. I'm not very cool, it appears. I definitely need something, I can't do the whole "wasteland of reality" bit.

I liked MDMA when I tried that and cheap Speed was okay, but the comedowns gave me Lovecraftian scale dread.

Disco Pope has a new favorite as of 15:37 on Dec 20, 2020

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

coke was a huge disappointment

I'll stick with the stuff that grows out of the ground. Hopefully some day before I'm dead I'll be able to just grow my own weed and mushrooms. Everyone should eat some mushrooms a couple times a year. I am also one of those guys who gets hella bad hangovers, and drunks annoy the poo poo out of me, so booze is out.

I can't even imagine thinking stoners are annoying but liking drunks. If that's the case you're hosed in the head imo

hawowanlawow has a new favorite as of 15:50 on Dec 20, 2020

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Personally, I like weed because it makes me falsely believe that even the mediocrest of YouTube videos are gut-bustingly funny.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

This describes alcohol far better

Correct.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Lol just lol if you’ve never tripped

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I don’t know who laced these shoes, but I’ve been tripping all day.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Lol just lol if you’ve never tripped

This but unironically.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Captain Monkey posted:

This but unironically.

I was absolutely not being ironic

Everyone should do shrooms, LSD, and DMT at least once.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Don't do all of those at once. That guy is weird and he really wants to tell you about the Machine Aliens that run the Universal Plane of Everlasting Light.

I think ketamine is the most positive and wonderful experience I have had in my life. I wouldn't recommend people try it out and I don't understand why you'd choose to do it for fun.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I meant separately not at once, it's three different trips and different people prefer different psychedelics

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
No, I know you know that. I just wanted to clarify because Noah is a groovy guy but he genuinely thinks he can taste stars now.

Keep your highs clean, it's really important.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

In that case...

:hai:

Psychedelics can be intensely positive experiences when done responsibly.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

YeahTubaMike posted:

Personally, I like weed because it makes me falsely believe that even the mediocrest of YouTube videos are gut-bustingly funny.

Wait 'til you turn on your monitor!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I got 4 pairs of woolly socks, they are stacking up, send help. Not all this year but acquiring them at much faster pace than they wear out.

Big Joulu tradition in southern Finland is complaining about how there is no snow yet on Christmas, and this looks like a good year for that. Just dark and wet, or covered in ice depending on the day. :finland: