Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/puffinbrain/status/1332226005629431809

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
An interesting development that's sort of a bit random:

https://twitter.com/W_W_W_D/status/1333608255604600833?s=19

Diana have a show in Shinjuku FACE that has been heavily affected by the Marvelous COVID scare: I can't remember the full list of wrestlers but Chigusa Nagayo and Rin Kadokura were meant to be teaming on the show and both have withdrawn because of COVID. They have been replaced by Starlight Kid which is really very random: Stardom don't work very often with other promotions, as far as I'm aware the only recent interaction of Stardom and Diana was Mayu Iwatani appearing on a Sareee Produce show that Diana put on late last year and Kid has literally never worked outside Stardom her whole career (she was on the last Assemble show but in a Stardom offer match which is a bit different) so I'm really curious how this goes.

She's facing Haruka Umesaki is a singles match: Umesaki is a really good younger wrestler and so the match should be great unless they just don't work well with each other and it'll be really interesting to watch. Diana normally was a promotion where nothing aired but like all of their shows since they came back in June have appeared somewhere so I'm optimistic this will as well.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://twitter.com/AlfFisher18/status/1333407083090358278?s=20

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I can’t help but cynically think that Rossy has SLK work a match with Haruki with the hope of signing her in the future.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83rce4fBYr4

The trailer for the ACTRING show I talked about with Act Yasukawa vs. Tae Honma from last month is up which means it should be out soon. Gives a pretty good feel for what the show was about

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://twitter.com/icp/status/294575013703581696

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

The KISS Wemon

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Power Windows posted:

The KISS Wemon
a.k.a. Death Yama-san

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

frankenfreak posted:

a.k.a. Death Yama-san

:) :hf: :)

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/kimurarock/status/1335987593494765569?s=19

Kyoko is releasing a Hana calendar to raise funds for her legal fees and the anti-cyberbullying non-profit she's creating.

International shipping will be announced soon.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Does she have something set up where we can send her money for legal fees, etc without having to buy the calendar?

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

That I don't know.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Today is Chigusa Nagayo's birthday. She rules.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1339438716092260354

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

iirc isn't Stewart Fulton the guy who does pancrase commentary?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lamuella posted:

iirc isn't Stewart Fulton the guy who does pancrase commentary?

Yes. And this is the team that did English commentary on recent NOAH shows too. Which I still haven't seen but love that it exists.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I hope this is an experiment that gets more english commentary on Wrestle Universe at least for their big shows. After a couple of weeks watching the only thing holding me back from out of control love of Noah, DDT, and TJPW is still feeling like a newbie who doesn't know who everyone is, so having accessible English language commentary will hopefully anchor for me who everyone is. Until then, unfamiliarity with alphabet and language means that I'm popping hard for Lego Boy in DDT but I've only the most general idea of what he's actually called.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Lamuella posted:

I hope this is an experiment that gets more english commentary on Wrestle Universe at least for their big shows. After a couple of weeks watching the only thing holding me back from out of control love of Noah, DDT, and TJPW is still feeling like a newbie who doesn't know who everyone is, so having accessible English language commentary will hopefully anchor for me who everyone is. Until then, unfamiliarity with alphabet and language means that I'm popping hard for Lego Boy in DDT but I've only the most general idea of what he's actually called.

Super Hardcore Shunma Katsumata!!

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

forkboy84 posted:

Yes. And this is the team that did English commentary on recent NOAH shows too. Which I still haven't seen but love that it exists.

If that's the team that did the Shiozaki/Nakajima show, I really liked their work a lot. It had a very legit sports feel to it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Oh gently caress yeah, I hope they keep this up. I just can't do no commentary or foreign commentary in wrestling. To me it's like trying to watch a match with no ref, it's an integral part of the experience even if it's not part you should be actively thinking about.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

god drat.

Lamuella posted:

shunma does own but if you do have any TJPW related questions do feel free to ask.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I appreciate the offer, and I'm getting there. AEW and Choco Pro have given me touchstones for TJPW and I'm going from there into a world of feral maids and tiny kaijus.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I don't know the commentary team but I'm glad to hear people liked their Noah work. I support TJPW being more accessible (my intro was the Korakuen show on their youtube with I think Mike Bailey and another guy doing English post-commentary) so I hope they do a good job getting everyone over.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

forkboy84 posted:

They are so boring on NOAH I would prefer anything else.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

MassRafTer posted:

Hmm. Well if they suck on this one, I assume I can always switch back to Japanese and do it like I'm used to.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

I’ve only heard them once but I thought they were pretty good! I believe it was the most recent NOAH show with Sakuraba challenging for a singles title that I heard them.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

There are few things I find more boring than Oedo Tai getting DQed for choking someone with the chain

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Agreed. I really hope the endgame here is Konami getting fed up with Natsuko's bullshit and usurping her and returning Oedo Tai to being a legit threat.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

If Oedo Tai want to be an OZ Academy tribute act then they should go all in and bring in like Act Yasukawa as their corrupt heel referee or something. I suppose it'd be harder to justify given they don't own the company but they can find a story for that

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

More Hana merch on the way.

https://twitter.com/kimurarock/status/1340311315563233287

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GIANT SAYA AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GIANT SAYA AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It was really cute when they cut to her parents.

I'm happy for her :3:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Nanae Takahashi is 42 today.

She is also returning, teaming with Ryo "Aniki" Mizunami to challenge for the Seadlinng tag belts

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

I'll be sad when Sareee finally gets shipped off to the Florida Knee Explosion Factory and I won't see her and Yoshiko going on dates anymore on social media and in Shuupro.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1342682811099086848

The Momo disrespect.....

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

YOSHIKO IN STARDOM

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Good News: Konami has a belt
Bad News: Bea has a belt

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Watching the final Stardom of the year and just want to say I enjoyed AZM giving Riho a mask and saying they'd been keeping pink for her. That was sweet and wholesome

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Yesterday’s TJPW show was really good, I recommend checking it out if you have DDT Universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Yesterday’s TJPW show was really good, I recommend checking it out if you have DDT Universe.
Even if you don't, the whole show's up for free with Japanese commentary on Ameba.tv, albeit breaking up the show into 8-10 minute chunks (Often cutting longer matches into multiple parts)

https://abema.tv/video/episode/372-40_s10_p29

Zebra Rookie's debut was pretty impressive and there were three great matches at the top of the card