Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Game of the Decade
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 69424 23.78%
Metis Souls 85 0.03%
Metisnite 7 0.00%
Skymetis 26 0.01%
Gone Metis 9 0.00%
MGSV: Phantom Pain (Metis Gear Solid) 13 0.00%
Journey 10 0.00%
Doom 20Metis 12 0.00%
Metis Presents: House Party 95 0.03%
Xcom: Metis Unknown 19 0.01%
Metis (gamer of the decade) (no gamer moments) 36 0.01%
The Metis 3 24 0.01%
METIISSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! 222220 76.11%
Total: 291980 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Roach Warehouse posted:

Is this post accidentally about Jedi Fallen Order or are all Star Wars games exactly the same?

like half the replies were

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Gamerofthegame posted:

your god family will never love you, but prez will be there.

I fought a gundam i think? and also did a Pearl Harbor. I don't remember the mainline Ace Combat games nailing smoke trails as well as this one does... also railguns and poo poo, it's always Ace Combat but Even More Extra each time

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Glad that Watchdogs Legion let me continue to do the most fun thing in Watchdogs 2, trying to remotely pilot a car out of a backlot while all the guards run around in panic because the car has run a couple of them over but I'm not even in the secure area so they can't find me

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Have any of you considered that the worst thing to happen in 2020 was no new MCU movies came out?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Rarity posted:

Have any of you considered that the worst thing to happen in 2020 was no new MCU movies came out?
Bob Iger chose a very opportune time to quit as head of Disney back in Feburary. I hope his Murdoch successors burn the company to the ground.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I like MCU movies but am glad that by the time one does finally come out it will have been like two years since Spider Man Far From Home. Wonder Woman 1984 will be the only super hero movie this year?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I like MCU movies but am glad that by the time one does finally come out it will have been like two years since Spider Man Far From Home. Wonder Woman 1984 will be the only super hero movie this year?

Sonic the Hedgehog...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Cyberpunk crashed as soon as I resumed from rest mode... Maybe this is a sign I should put it on hold for a bit and start 13 Sentinels...

Edit: oh lol I completely forgot that Yakuza 7 was also on my docket when I made that checklist, jeez...

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Dec 17, 2020

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Roach Warehouse posted:

Is this post accidentally about Jedi Fallen Order or are all Star Wars games exactly the same?
No, the Force Unleashed also starts in a spaceship junkyard, but it’s an actual stage not not just part of the prologue.

I’m a complete sucker for spaceship junkyard environments so I was pretty disappointed that I couldn’t explore that environment in JFO.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

RBA Starblade posted:

No, thank you

Be strong friend, together we shall hold the line against the lovely anime VNs

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I know people who have played it already like 13S liveposting but pretend I post a solid two hours of "whoa" every night cause that's my main takeaway, so far

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

13 Sentinels is over $100 NZD here and that is too much to spend on a game so I'm really hoping it goes on sale at Christmas or something. I need to see what's so amazing about the story!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

bovis posted:

13 Sentinels is over $100 NZD here and that is too much to spend on a game so I'm really hoping it goes on sale at Christmas or something. I need to see what's so amazing about the story!

solidarity from Australia, friend. I found it for $47 at ebgames but they don't have it in stock anywhere :negative:

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I fought a gundam i think? and also did a Pearl Harbor. I don't remember the mainline Ace Combat games nailing smoke trails as well as this one does... also railguns and poo poo, it's always Ace Combat but Even More Extra each time

What is this game?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Whizzing Wizard posted:

What is this game?

Project Wingman, which just came out on Dec 3rd and is extremely fun

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Does it have the melodramatic story of Ace Combat games? If so I'm in

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Mall Santa Metis posted:

solidarity from Australia, friend. I found it for $47 at ebgames but they don't have it in stock anywhere :negative:

It was on sale digitally on the psn for Black Friday too! Was a little more pricy then EB from memory though.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Does it have the melodramatic story of Ace Combat games? If so I'm in

very yes

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1190460/view/5315901521578551895

Time to unite the divided – one more time! We’ve been keeping something quiet for a while now, but today we can finally unveil all! We’re thrilled to announce an incredibly exciting DEATH STRANDING update, in collaboration with CD PROJEKT RED’s Cyberpunk 2077. This is crossover content you weren’t expecting, right? Let us tell you more!

Exclusive to PC this FREE update for DEATH STRANDING contains six new missions featuring characters and lore from Cyberpunk 2077, a game that needs no introduction. What’s more, players can expect exclusive items and an all-new Hacking function. Oh and it’s OUT NOW!

Porters can now get hands on with several unlockable aesthetic and equipment items, including:

• Cyberpunk 2077 themed Reverse Trike vehicle with improved jumping power
• “Silver Hand” modelled after Johnny Silverhand’s robotic arm that can be equipped and used in game
• New holograms including a SAMURAI symbol signboard and a Atlas Trauma Team vehicle hologram for certain constructions
• Several fashion items including Johnny Silverhand’s sunglasses

As mentioned, in addition to the above, this DEATH STRANDING x Cyberpunk 2077 PC update also introduces a new Hacking function that Sam Bridges can use in combat to target enemy machines. Porters will have the ability to stop Mule sensor poles from activating for a limited time, stun enemy Odradeks and hack Mule trucks to stop them in their tracks.

Samuel "Sam" "Silver Hand" Porter "Great Deliverer" "Beyond the Grave" "The Yellow Dart" Bridges "Tails" Strand

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Dec 17, 2020

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
lol what

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Did those maniacs finally do it? Did they finally give the S&S some STYLE??

https://i.imgur.com/EKgWsER.mp4

Silkbind Attack
Windmill
A slicing gale that gives no quarter

Uses Ironsilk to swing your blade around.
Its initial swing nullifies any monster's attack.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I always think "this time I'll learn a new weapon" then inevitably go back to playing 200 hours of gunlance

I was pretty into the bow and switchaxe in MH3 at least

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Favour the bow eh? I'm a sword man myself.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i should try iceborne again and see if its stopped crashing my pc

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Propaganda Hour posted:

I put off buying Monster Train for the first few months to see how the early access developed. When I finally pulled the trigger I ended up only putting about 20 hours into it, just really wasn't feeling the balance of the design or something. Felt off. I have like 400 hours in Slay the Spire and have 100% of the achievements, so Monster Train really should be up my alley... but it's not. Weird game. Maybe I'll revisit it when it's out of Early Access.

monster train doesnt really get what makes slay the spire so good, its like the same ideas kind of but i think its really difficult to match how well balanced everything is in sts which is why all the games that have come after and used the same idea dont hit the same.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I am finally going to give in to the devil in my shoulder and look up spelunky 2 secrets

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1339552366832467968?s=20

Good news, they fixed Cyberpunk

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

SeXReX posted:

like half the replies were

poo poo, now I'm worse than ignorant, I have information of completely unknown reliability.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

you misspelled best

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

What :confused:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Relax Or DIE posted:

do you like anything

Games without naked anime teens

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Infinitum posted:

Favour the bow eh? I'm a sword man myself.

I appreciated this

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

:hmmyes:

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

something we can agree on

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The fixed cyberpunk by putting hacking and hover cars in a better game. Unfortunately no word on if you can adjust Sams dick size

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Another 13 Sentinel update: Things continue to escalate, and each reveal is wild, and I've completely bought into every one. They all make miraculous sense.

Violen posted:

i dont think its physically possible for me to interact w/ the climax of outer wilds in any fashion w/o becoming a mess (which is what this links to, so dont otherwise click it you idiot!!)

the whole playthrough is worth watching if you want to do the next best thing to actually being able to play outer wilds for the first time again but especially this final video owned the poo poo out of emotionally.

i am thoroughly owned (emotionally).

I also get overwhelmed when thinking about that ending, or listening to the soundtrack at this point.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Gripweed posted:

The fixed cyberpunk by putting hacking and hover cars in a better game. Unfortunately no word on if you can adjust Sams dick size

I just saw the article. Not coming to PS4??? Boo, boooooooo

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

I also get overwhelmed when thinking about that ending, or listening to the soundtrack at this point.

*plucks banjo existentially*

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I really need to get back into Death Stranding on PC. I think it's like one like three games I own that uses DLSS which is just loving witchcraft as far as I am aware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

death stranding runs so well and looks so good, kojimas tech guys are wizards