Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

shirts and skins posted:

I think they're both excellent plays but in a full ppr format I'd have trouble sitting a stud receiver like Allen. The Raiders are going to score so this should be a high points game.

Akers has been vastly out-snapping the rest of the backfield in LA the last couple of weeks, it may be that he was always supposed to be the workhorse but his injury as a rookie slowed his learning curve. I'm hoping to ride him to a win, but he may hit the bench in the second half if the game is out of hand.

Thanks for the input!

Terrible way to snype a page, but here we are.

edit: Last question, it would be crazy to put Akers in my second flex spot over Michael Thomas, right? I assume the answer is yes, but last week it would have been the right play, and Thomas' matchup this week is brutal. Is Brees back yet?

Mostly I'm trying to see if there's a way to work my newly acquired Akers into my lineup for a good matchup. The answer is probably no.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Dec 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

0.5 PPR (1 PPR TE premium) pick 1 for FLEX

Hunter Henry @ LV
Nelson Agholor vs LAC
Brandin Cooks @ IND (if healthy)

Not that Henry has been great this year but is Agholor actually trustworthy?

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Chernabog posted:

PPR
RB:
Akers @NYJ
Or
Zeke vs SF

Flex:
Gibson v SEA (if he plays)
Hilton vs HOU
Golladay @TEN (if he plays)
Zeke vs SF

I just can't trust Elliot anymore even though he's projected the highest out of all of these.

Akers over Zeke. Gibson if he plays, Hilton if he doesn't.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

dxt posted:

Thanks. That's what I was thinking.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

dxt posted:

I don’t think Gibson plays this week or the next. Turf toe is really tough for a RB. Sucks because he was getting primed to win people championships.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Yeah, probably not but I guess I have to hold him anyway, at least for this week.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Santheb posted:

I don’t think Gibson plays this week or the next. Turf toe is really tough for a RB. Sucks because he was getting primed to win people championships.

Yeah, I’m trying to not be too depressed about it, and focus on the fact that Gibson got me to the playoffs, and I’m happy about that.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Assuming Gibson is dead, need a flex replacement in half-PPR.

JK Dobbins vs. Jax
Diontae Johnson @ Cin
Tee Higgins vs Pit
Peyton Barber vs Sea

Would normally go Diontae but Dobbins is on the upswing and Diontae can't seem to catch passes lately.

Also, DST chat: assuming 49ers @ Dal is a slam dunk start over Chicago @ Min.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
Jefferson vs Chi

or

Michael Thomas vs KC?

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Floofy posted:

Jefferson vs Chi

or

Michael Thomas vs KC?
That's a tough one.

I think Thomas has a higher floor / lower ceiling and is a safer start for like, 10-15 points. Jefferson is big playmaker who plays against a decent defense with a quarterback who performs terribly under pressure, but also put up 17 last time they played.

It's hard to not roll out Jefferson at this point, I'd probably go with him.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
Crazy-rear end question here....Im looking forward to W16 for me, which will either be the championship gane or 3rd place playoff....

Do I go with:

Russ vs. LAR
Mayfield vs. Jets

Wilson has been garbage the last 6 weeks after his incredible start with the exception of last weeks game where he was on fire but benched.

Am I overthinking it or getting too cute for the final game?

Capped
Jun 21, 2005
If CMC winds up playing somehow this one is obvious, but if not, pick your flex in half ppr:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

TommyGun85 posted:

Crazy-rear end question here....Im looking forward to W16 for me, which will either be the championship gane or 3rd place playoff....

Do I go with:

Russ vs. LAR
Mayfield vs. Jets

Wilson has been garbage the last 6 weeks after his incredible start with the exception of last weeks game where he was on fire but benched.

You don't seem to be comparing apples to apples. Wilson has very much been Not Garbage in terms of points. Mayfield has been hot, Russ has been down from his crazy highs but very much startable. Their point totals over the last 6 weeks look like:

Wilson 103.66
Mayfield 97.62

Mayfield is hot right now but there is a very good chance they just run the ball the whole time against the Jets. I don't think Cleveland really throws unless they have to. That being said, the Rams seem to have Wilson's number. I don't love that matchup.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

TommyGun85 posted:

Do I go with:

Russ vs. LAR
Mayfield vs. Jets

Not crazy, I've been worried about the same thing for weeks. I'm even considering Hurts @Dal.

Just don't know if I have the balls to start Mayfield or Hurts over my every week QB1 though. I probably don't.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

dy. posted:

You don't seem to be comparing apples to apples. Wilson has very much been Not Garbage in terms of points. Mayfield has been hot, Russ has been down from his crazy highs but very much startable. Their point totals over the last 6 weeks look like:

Wilson 103.66
Mayfield 97.62

Mayfield is hot right now but there is a very good chance they just run the ball the whole time against the Jets. I don't think Cleveland really throws unless they have to. That being said, the Rams seem to have Wilson's number. I don't love that matchup.

Thats a point differential of 1 pt per game (over the last 6) and Mayfield has a way better matchup....still dont know what to do. I guess wait and see how each plays this week?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I am projected to lose by 30, so I will need some upside here, as I post almost every offensive player:
I need at least 2 WR, 1 RB, choose 4, standard scoring:

Corey Davis vs DET
Smith-Schuster @ CIN
Lamb vs SF
DJ Moore @ GB (should be reactivated from COVID-19 this week?)

Gallman vs CLE
Dobbins vs JAX
David Johnson @ IND (should be reactivated from COVID-19 this week?)

Leaning Davis, Moore, Gallman, and Dobbins, though I am wondering if it is worth putting in Smith Schuster over one of the RB with the easy matchup. Dobbins is frustrating to watch when barely breaks double digit touches as Edwards gets the TDs, but it is a favorable matchup. I can see any of the WRs having a terrible game or a decent game, both Smith Schuster and Davis might not need to do much with potentially uncompetitive games (assuming Stafford is out). Davis seems to have the highest ceiling and the lowest floor, since when he busts it is not 5 or whatever, it is 0-1.

ares
Feb 5, 2004
i'm here for the gangbang
My questionable team has somehow fluked into the semis. It is a 1ppr league and I’m looking to start a 1 flex. My starters are Lamar, Hunt, Drake, Evans, and DK. The options are:

Agholor v LAC
Hollywood Brown v JAX
Bowden v NE
Higgins v NYG

I also got Gibson (likely out) and Fournette (Jones may be out). Really not sure what to do with Agholor playing on the Thursday Night - so that may hurt me if Gibson can play. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
D/ST me, std scoring:

TB @ ATL
TEN vs DET
KC @ NO
BUF @ DEN (Saturday game)

If Stafford sits, that’s an easy one. At least he has a 1pm game. But waiting would take BUF out of the picture, but Drew Lock’s recent explosion would worry me.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Suave Fedora posted:

D/ST me, std scoring:

TB @ ATL
TEN vs DET
KC @ NO
BUF @ DEN (Saturday game)

If Stafford sits, that’s an easy one. At least he has a 1pm game. But waiting would take BUF out of the picture, but Drew Lock’s recent explosion would worry me.

I think you would need to go BUF, Denver is bad and generally has a lot of turnovers. One decent game by Lock does not change that.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Dec 16, 2020

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
1 ppr
logan thomas vs Sea
Gronk @Atl

I like Gronk's matchup but last week he had 2 targets all game...

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

MacheteZombie posted:

1 ppr
logan thomas vs Sea
Gronk @Atl

I like Gronk's matchup but last week he had 2 targets all game...

I'd go with your gut and start Gronk, too, but either way it's quite a dice roll.

.5 PPR, Pick 2 (current starters bolded) - Gallman vs Cle, McLaurin vs Sea, Claypool @ Cin, Gurley vs TB

This also sort of assumes that both Julio and M. Thomas suit up which is questionable (heh) at best

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

ASAPRockySituation posted:

I'd go with your gut and start Gronk, too, but either way it's quite a dice roll.

.5 PPR, Pick 2 (current starters bolded) - Gallman vs Cle, McLaurin vs Sea, Claypool @ Cin, Gurley vs TB

This also sort of assumes that both Julio and M. Thomas suit up which is questionable (heh) at best

This is correct. And don't start Gurley under any circumstance.

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

I'm the 4th seed facing the number 1 seed. I'm starting Taysom Hill but wondering if I should start Cam or someone off waivers (picked up Rivers). Opponent has Mahomes and Kelce, which is one hell of a one-two punch.

ChuckBTY
Feb 14, 2012
So I've got Kyler Murray and Ryan Tannehill for this weeks playoff game.

Murray has been disappointing since his shoulder injury but he started to look a little more like himself last week.

Tannehill has the better match-up in Detroit but they are somehow even worse against the run so I could see the gameplan being "Run Henry All Day Long".

What say you, Goons?

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I have the same decision in my goon dynasty league and I'm going with Murray. Titans want to run and they should be able to against Detroit.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Re-posting for the new page

PPR

Pick one to leave on the bench:
Cook vs Chi
Swift @ Ten
Drake vs Phi
ARob @ Min
Scary Terry vs Sea (Haskins may be QB and Terry has scored all of 7 points total combined over the past two weeks)
Diontae @ Cin

I also have Zack Moss and Keke but I dont think they are options.

Pick one to play:
Jonnu vs DET
Shultz vs SF
Higbee vs NYJ
edit: Jared Cook has scored 10+ the past two weeks and is on the WW

Pick one to play:
Browns DST @ NYG (Freddie Kitchens going to be calling plays so watch the Giants blow up)
Miami DST vs NE

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Diontae and MIA, don't know about the TE.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Making some decisions before tonight's Thursday game,.5 PPR

QB:
Justin Herbert v LV
Big Ben @ CIN

FLEX:
Nelson Agholor vs LAC
James Conner @ CIN
Keke Coutee @IND

Salvon Ahmed and Gus Edwards are both on the Waiver Wire, too.

Herbert's been disappointing lately and I'm worried about him missing some weapons.

I like Nelson better than the other options but.... Thursday game.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

0 ppr. Pick one.

David Johnson @ IND
Leonard Fournette @ ATL
Todd Gurley v TB

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Worthleast posted:

0 ppr. Pick one.

David Johnson @ IND
Leonard Fournette @ ATL
Todd Gurley v TB

None of those are very good options, but I like Gurley the best of all of them, probably has the best shot at seeing the endzone.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I wouldn't start Gurley under any circumstances this week. I'd go with DJ of that group.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

1 PPR flex
CEH @ Saints or Chris Godwin @ ATL
I think Godwin but there is a nagging voice after his lack of performance last week

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

poly and open-minded posted:

1 PPR flex
CEH @ Saints or Chris Godwin @ ATL
I think Godwin but there is a nagging voice after his lack of performance last week

Agreed on Godwin

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Worthleast posted:

0 ppr. Pick one.

David Johnson @ IND
Leonard Fournette @ ATL
Todd Gurley v TB
Ronald Jones is on the Covid list so wouldnt Fournette be the best play?

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
God Dammit. Keenan Allen is either out or limited if he plays, Julio might be out too. Team is looking rough. Need to pick a WR and a Flex. 1 PPR.

Keenan Allen @ LV
Tyron Johnson @ LV
Julio Jones v TB
Claypool @ Cin
Mostert @ Dal
Miles Sanders @ Ari
DJ Moore @ GB
Crowder @ LAR

To make things worse DJ Moore plays Saturday night so I might not know Julio's status before he plays. Go with Moore and Julio if he plays, sanders if not?

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Also looking at Keenan replacements, .5 PPR:

TY Hilton vs Hou
or
Mike Evans @ Atl

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

So my team suddenly hates me. After losing Antonio Gibson, now Keenan Allen is a game time decision and likely to be limited if he plays. So for a flex spot in PPR.

Keenan Allen @LV
Cam Akers vs NYJ

I believe I asked this earlier and it was Allen, but I feel like it's Akers now.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

So my team suddenly hates me. After losing Antonio Gibson, now Keenan Allen is a game time decision and likely to be limited if he plays. So for a flex spot in PPR.

Keenan Allen @LV
Cam Akers vs NYJ

I believe I asked this earlier and it was Allen, but I feel like it's Akers now.

It was close before but definitely Akers now

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Fentry posted:

Also looking at Keenan replacements, .5 PPR:

TY Hilton vs Hou
or
Mike Evans @ Atl

Who are your other starting WRs and flexes? Tough to bench either Hilton or Evans right now, especially with those matchups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Ronald Jones is on the Covid list so wouldnt Fournette be the best play?

ATL has been good against the run and TB will probably use McCoy on early downs. Or not! Who knows! Arians is unpredictable, but there's a reason Fournette was a healthy scratch last week.

I'd probably go with DJ too.