Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Love this new store, tremendous content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lol

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
AC Odyssey was my first AC game and I ended up really liking it. Been watching for a decent sale on Assaasin’s Creed Origins for a little while.

The Gold Edition with the seasons pass is $25.99 CAD vs the Deluxe Edition for $17.99. Is it worth the extra $8 for “The Hidden Ones” DLC, “The Curse of the Pharoahs” DLC, a couple gear packs and some Helix credits for their IAP shop?

Alternatively the physical disc of the Standard Edition is $19.99 at a bunch of retailers. That loses out on “The Ambush at Sea” DLC, a gear pack and 3 ability points both the Deluxe and Gold Editions have, but with the added bonus of being able to flip the disc for :10bux: once I’m done.

Help me make sense of this confusing mess goons! I think I’m best off with the physical copy?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Wolfsheim posted:

I just noticed the new store also doesn't include add-ons? Like if I like a game and want to see if the DLC is on sale (or if it even has DLC) it's just not there. A+ web design gents

use the mobile store or the app

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

How the gently caress does anybody mess up their storefront this badly?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Healbot posted:

Love this new store, tremendous content.

Lol yeah, this is what it looks like for me too. I guess I'll just have to trust that the games listed under "Deals" are actually priced lower than usual.

I listen to podcasts on Stitcher, and they screwed up their website in exactly the same way - replacing a list that showed at a glance if there were new episodes with a bunch of textless picture tiles where you have to click on each individual show to check for new episodes. There must be some terrible new internet consulting firm making the rounds.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

BGrifter posted:

AC Odyssey was my first AC game and I ended up really liking it. Been watching for a decent sale on Assaasin’s Creed Origins for a little while.

The Gold Edition with the seasons pass is $25.99 CAD vs the Deluxe Edition for $17.99. Is it worth the extra $8 for “The Hidden Ones” DLC, “The Curse of the Pharoahs” DLC, a couple gear packs and some Helix credits for their IAP shop?

Alternatively the physical disc of the Standard Edition is $19.99 at a bunch of retailers. That loses out on “The Ambush at Sea” DLC, a gear pack and 3 ability points both the Deluxe and Gold Editions have, but with the added bonus of being able to flip the disc for :10bux: once I’m done.

Help me make sense of this confusing mess goons! I think I’m best off with the physical copy?

I’m mostly a digital advocate, but in this case I’d go physical. The only benefit to the season pass is being able after the introduction to speed to level 40-45 to play the DLC. If you’re going to play the game, just get the physical disc and wait for a sale on DLC if you decide you want more before flipping the disc.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

ShadowedFlames posted:

I’m mostly a digital advocate, but in this case I’d go physical. The only benefit to the season pass is being able after the introduction to speed to level 40-45 to play the DLC. If you’re going to play the game, just get the physical disc and wait for a sale on DLC if you decide you want more before flipping the disc.

Sounds good. I enjoyed the base version of AC Odyssey a lot but by the time I finished up I was happy to move on to something different. I also typically lean toward digital but it sounds like the disc is the way to go this time.

Thanks!

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.

Fix posted:

How the gently caress does anybody mess up their storefront this badly?

This reminds me of when there was a big pitch to go "web 2.0" on everything and I don't think anyone ever bothered to test the usability of their site. Like, the store needed some updating, but this is garbage.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
It feels like someone accidentally pushed a development branch to production and then everyone decided gently caress it let’s roll with it

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

i loving hate this new website

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It's seriously the worst. Sony if you're somehow reading this, please, PLEASE, change it back. I promise to never complain about it ever again.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I could've sworn I saw an ad for Final Fantasy 7 Remake being $20? Can't find it anywhere.

Edit: found it; I misread, it's $20 off.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Cross posting:

Guillermus posted:

Just a heads up for european (I guess the deal is the same for NA) Costco goons.

PlayStation Plus 12 month card for 39.99€

I just did a quick drive and snagged one as it beats GAME and Amazon deals.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
So about a month ago I bought a PSPlus year card from CDKeys. When I redeemed it today, it said I was qualified for a 12 month and a 3 month promotion. Then it applied fifteen months of PSPlus. What happened there? Not that I’m complaining. When I looked at my subscription end date it was definitely fifteen months.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

BurningBeard posted:

So about a month ago I bought a PSPlus year card from CDKeys. When I redeemed it today, it said I was qualified for a 12 month and a 3 month promotion. Then it applied fifteen months of PSPlus. What happened there? Not that I’m complaining. When I looked at my subscription end date it was definitely fifteen months.

There’s a promotion on through Walmart and other retailers offering 12+3 months of PSPlus for the price of a year. It seems hit and miss whether CDKeys codes are getting it or not. Looks like you’re one of the lucky ones.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I thought about reupping during the sale but apparently I'm good until 2023 already lol

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
Euro stores now also have 40 euro PS Plus codes.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

So anyone know how to redeem this month's PS+ games? Because that absolute dogshit webstore doesn't have any way to redeem them, going to the games' pages shows no "purchase" or "redeem" buttons at all and clicking on the different editions does nothing.

E: The buttons to do those things were disabled for some reason even though I turned off adblockers and whatnot. I finally managed to get the games on the iOS app but not before jumping through a ton of hoops with having to log in twice (and having to enter the text-message code), accepting cookies on three different pages and of course, having to get the games individually meant I got loving e-mail receipt spam.

This is the worst the Playstation store has ever been. Christ, it's a pile of utter poo poo.

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Dec 4, 2020

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I ended up using the ps store on my ps4 last month to redeem the free games, and i'll probably have to do that again this month

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Stare-Out posted:

So anyone know how to redeem this month's PS+ games? Because that absolute dogshit webstore doesn't have any way to redeem them, going to the games' pages shows no "purchase" or "redeem" buttons at all and clicking on the different editions does nothing.

E: The buttons to do those things were disabled for some reason even though I turned off adblockers and whatnot. I finally managed to get the games on the iOS app but not before jumping through a ton of hoops with having to log in twice (and having to enter the text-message code), accepting cookies on three different pages and of course, having to get the games individually meant I got loving e-mail receipt spam.

This is the worst the Playstation store has ever been. Christ, it's a pile of utter poo poo.

I did the cookie clearing thing and the site worked just fine. but usually I just use the app, and I haven't had any problems with it so far

you're never going to not get separate e-mails though.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Yeah, not defending the site at all, but I’ve never had an issue buying stuff since I did the initial cookie clearing.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

morallyobjected posted:

you're never going to not get separate e-mails though.

Having a paper trail, such as it is, makes me very happy. Crazy how nature make that.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Glad y'all said something. I was able to redeem from an incognito window. They've gotta be putting, like, the D-team on the web store

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Is it possible to redeem PS5 PS+ games (Bugs Snacks) if I don't have a PS5 yet? Just want to make sure I have it for when I finally get one.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Yes

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The Grey posted:

Is it possible to redeem PS5 PS+ games (Bugs Snacks) if I don't have a PS5 yet? Just want to make sure I have it for when I finally get one.

Yeah, if you have any issues through the webstore, try the phone APP (works way better normally).

Funny thing is that the new phone app removed the need of the other separate ones and works well, cept for not having a wishlist to check if something I want buried in hundreds of deals is on sale. But I learned to like PSPrices to just check once a week just in case they added a game to a sale or whatever.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Guillermus posted:

Yeah, if you have any issues through the webstore, try the phone APP (works way better normally).

Funny thing is that the new phone app removed the need of the other separate ones and works well, cept for not having a wishlist to check if something I want buried in hundreds of deals is on sale. But I learned to like PSPrices to just check once a week just in case they added a game to a sale or whatever.

You can set PSPrices to send you an email when a specific game or bundle or individual piece of DLC goes on sale

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Instant Grat posted:

You can set PSPrices to send you an email when a specific game or bundle or individual piece of DLC goes on sale

Isn't that part of their subscription thing? If not I'll give it a try.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Guillermus posted:

Isn't that part of their subscription thing? If not I'll give it a try.

No, it's just a boon for making an account. I don't think they have a subscription other than "hey maybe support us on Patreon" or w/e

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

They do now. You get no ads, a dark theme, all the regional prices (which used to be a free feature), and alerts if a price goes below a custom threshold.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Oh okay, custom threshold makes sense, yeah.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I’ve never heard of Eneba.com but apparently they’ve got two years of PS+ for $60 USD today.

”The Verge” posted:

I recommend taking advantage of this PlayStation Plus subscription deal, which is $32 at Eneba.com. However, if you want the most bang for your buck, I strongly advise picking up two one-year PlayStation Plus subscriptions. You can get it for $60 by using code DECEMBERPLUS at checkout.

Some people at Redflagdeals are reporting having bought two years successfully. Apparently there are warnings the codes might not work in Canada but when you use the codes they work fine.

At your own risk and all that jazz, but seemed worth passing along. I reupped from CDKeys recently so I’m not really in need of more PS+ time.

Source: https://www.theverge.com/good-deals/2020/12/17/22180232/playstation-plus-two-year-membership-ps4-ps5-airpods-pro-deal-sale

RFD thread with anecdotes about successful purchases: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/eneba-two-2-x-1-year-playstation-plus-membership-79-41-cad-w-coupon-2430345/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pretty cool that Sony let their storefront get so bad that now you have to pay a subscription fee to a 3rd party web developer to use something functional.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

They also removed the demo section entirely and asking for a good way to find demos the answer is "just search for "demo" lol"

Cut to getting a zillion results for demos and every loving thing ever made with "Demon" in it and no way to organize the results.

The new store is a humongous piece of poo poo goddamn.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Stare-Out posted:

The new store is a humongous piece of poo poo goddamn.

Yeah they somehow made it worse and harder to find anything

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

To all the people yelling for a store redesign: drat you.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lol monkeys paw

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

strategery posted:

Yeah they somehow made it worse and harder to find anything

Impossible, in the case of PS3/Vita titles. I'm still mad about that I and will keep being mad about it. I still use those!!!! And the PS3's own store interface is garbage!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Sony specifically said they wouldn't sell those through the webstore anymore, so at least that's something working as they intended

(The webstore redesign is still indefensible tho)