Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

It annoys me to no end that a plain jane "wild" has creeped into my lexicon and I attribute that entirely to the brothers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

George H.W. oval office posted:

It annoys me to no end that a plain jane "wild" has creeped into my lexicon and I attribute that entirely to the brothers.

I've happily adopted "wild" and "buckwild" from them as a substitute for "crazy," which I as a diagnosed crazy person don't particularly regard as offensive but some people I'm close to do.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

showbiz_liz posted:

I've happily adopted "wild" and "buckwild" from them as a substitute for "crazy," which I as a diagnosed crazy person don't particularly regard as offensive but some people I'm close to do.

I like "hachi machi" and use it liberally.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It's oofa doofa for me. Completely involuntary

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

I started using "that dog don't hunt"

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

well why not posted:

McElroy fans are good.

no fans of anything are good

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I am a fan of things and I am scum so that tracks

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

more falafel please posted:

I started using "that dog don't hunt"

a friend of mine has used 'put the tiger on the table and yell at it' in a business meeting before and I just respect it frankly

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i find myself often using phrases coined by justin mcelroy, like "hello" and "drat" and "rearranging deck chairs on the titanic"

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Alaois posted:

i find myself often using phrases coined by justin mcelroy, like "hello" and "drat" and "rearranging deck chairs on the titanic"

I recently said "rearranging deck chairs on the titanic" to my therapist, whose first language isn't English so she'd never heard the phrase, and she thought it was the funniest loving thing she'd ever heard.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I frequently refer to inanimate objects as "boys" or "gentlemen".

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Boys infiltrated my speech like "situation" did from walking the room

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Hachi machi is probably the best McElroy-ism that I can't stop using

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

https://twitter.com/StrongBadActual/status/1339787814444130304

Welp now I gotta get tickets.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Lol sure why not

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Homestar Runner and MBMBaM occupy the same space in my brain of "weird internet Americana", but seeing that still felt really strange. I'm excited!

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I’m intrigued by Ben Schwartz as well

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Hachi machi is probably the best McElroy-ism that I can't stop using

It predates them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4foeo3oY-E

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Where do you think they got it?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

I don't think anyone is suggesting that the McElroy's verbal tics just emerged fully formed from the ether.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Travis spotted in an episode of Marvel 616 on Disney+. They don't interview him but he's in a few scenes as a cosplay judge. There's a shot earlier in the episode of one of the TAZ graphic novels too.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

They tend to release mbmbam on Tuesday now, right? April 20, 2021 is a Tuesday. do you think we finally get episode 420

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

I think they still officially release on Mondays, they just don't get there a lot of the time these days.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Yeah of course, but I definitely picked it up from Justin and not the original source

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

sticklefifer posted:

Travis spotted in an episode of Marvel 616 on Disney+. They don't interview him but he's in a few scenes as a cosplay judge. There's a shot earlier in the episode of one of the TAZ graphic novels too.

It just struck me.

Travis is a Quentin Quire cosplayer 24/7.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Holy crap!!!!!

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

woah

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ronnie pushing armor dude off the ledge into a fight was pretty great

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Sivart13 posted:

I'm not too excited about the inevitable Hades vs Animal Crossing showdown, because Hades is the pinnacle of game design while AC:NL is a baby game that Griffin and who knows who else will passionately defend anyway
Luckily Griffin was the only one that passionate about it so justice was served

omg chael crash posted:

I figured they were getting paid by Spotify to make the podcast and that Spotify no longer saw it as a good investment?
Turns out this is correct, Besties didn't have a big enough audience for Spotify to keep paying for it so it's now once again independent with an uncertain future

I guess even though Spotify is willing to pour a bazillion dollars at podcasts and podcast companies it's really only interested in those big big hits / hollywood deal$$

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Animal Crossing/Among Us are game of the year contenders in 2020. Hades would be in the conversation any year. That's kinda how I look at it.

I don't necessarily agree with em 100% for their final pick, but the criticisms regarding animal crossing and online stick hard and they can't really be ignored.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

You know, it’s just now occurring to me that MBMBaM and Strong Bad Email have more or less the same premise.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Cheat! Come here! It's Munch Squad! You gotta check this out, they made a burger out of a pizza!

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Waffleman_ posted:

The Cheat! Come here! It's Munch Squad! You gotta check this out, they made a burger out of a pizza!

Uuuuwoah Strong Bad, do you think this segment’s gotten really played out? Feels like we could have moved on a long time ago...

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

Who is this? It looks like Travis but he doesn't have his mouth open, so it can't be him...

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Is he even cosplaying? The other judges clearly are but with Travis you can just never tell...

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Travis is cosplaying his favorite character Travis

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I wanna say either the suit is meant to be Coulson or the much more Travis answer

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Travis is cosplaying his favorite character Travis

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Didn't they write a Spider-Man book or something at one point? Maybe he's cosplaying someone from that?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Guys he's just wearing a suit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Guys he's just wearing a suit

i agree that he isn't cosplaying as anyone but when you wear a suit like that you're never just wearing a suit