Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Color Out Of Space and The Invisible Man are also on my favorites list. Thanks for reminding me that I still need to watch His House!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Very skeptical that theatres will be ready by next summer but The Green Knight has a new release date (July 2021)

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

are they not releasing it bc theyre working on it or bc they just dont want it to go to video

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Kvlt! posted:

are they not releasing it bc theyre working on it or bc they just dont want it to go to video

They want theaters back.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

that makes me less interested in it tbh

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Well it's not the movie's fault. It's just this notion that films must be in theaters, which I guess I get, but as someone so fuckin low on any level I dont really care any more.

I don't long for showing my work in the theaters. I'm content with online.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I think its up to the artist.

also i want theaters back, I'll be back as soon as its safe, every weekend. Just like I was in the before times. burning a whole day in a theater with four movies in a row, whew i miss it.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Welcome to the Halloween page number, thread. We made it! :toot:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
:spooky::thunkin:

:spooky::thunkin:

:spooky::spooky:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIHUv2ooG38

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Darthemed posted:

Welcome to the Rob Zombie's Halloween page number, thread. We made it! :toot:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Sorry to get some Christmas in your Halloween, but...

Merry Deathmas, boils and ghouls! This December 23rd, starting at 6 PM grab a cup of hot jones and some gingerbread cookies and join us for a night of holiday chills and spills! We'll be watching a series of jolly holly horror films as well as assorted Christmas nonsense! What kind of nonsense? You'll just have to tune in to find out! We will be watching:

Gremlins

Dial Code Santa Claus

Krampus

Silent Night, Deadly Night 2

I hope you can find time to gather round the yuletide log with us at the official Scream Stream cytube channel (remember to install the extension), and don't forget to join us in the official horror thread Discord!

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

6pm Eastern?

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

HELLL YEAH!! I loving hate Christmas! Get as much horror in there as you can.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

God, Invisible Man was this year? Time moves so slowly now

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
Just saw Koko Di Koko Da and like it.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I could swear half of those movies were last year too.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

It's going to be nice mid to late next year when Covid vaccinations should be widespread enough for time to become linear again

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Hell yeah Lurd, I'm pumped. Glad I chose not to watch Dial Code Santa Clause this week!

:spooky::spooky::spooky:

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

tonedef131 posted:

Color out of Space, VFW and Come to Daddy were a really strong start to the year.
WHAT
that's... not... what
that was like 2 years ago I saw that in a theater

FreudianSlippers posted:

It's going to be nice mid to late next year when Covid vaccinations should be widespread enough for time to become linear again
:unsmith:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

*farts*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wISZKrlRpTE

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

dorium posted:

I think its up to the artist.

also i want theaters back, I'll be back as soon as its safe, every weekend. Just like I was in the before times. burning a whole day in a theater with four movies in a row, whew i miss it.

I want theaters back too. Theaters are my happy place. I've missed my happy place so much I know I'll get misty eyed when I walk back in to the lobby.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I liked The Invisible Man.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
It's the greatest Universal remake attempt.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

It was the last film I saw at the cinema :smith:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mine was The Thing lol.

Perfect film to end movie theaters with.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Tarnop posted:

Same :(

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Mine was CATS lmao

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Good news

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/12/lars-von-trier-the-kingdom-season-3-1234605333/

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Tarnop posted:

Yep, same. Going to the movies might be the thing I miss the most. Hopefully by May or so it'll be safe to go again.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I miss theatres but if I'm being honest I am watching more movies now than ever. I attended five (virtual) film festivals this year!

Speaking of which, there's some extremely solid stuff at Sundance this year that should be available virtually in the US at least.

quote:

John and the Hole / U.S.A. (Director: Pascual Sisto, Screenwriter: Nicolás Giacobone, Producers: Elika Portnoy, Alex Orlovsky, Mike Bowes) — A nontraditional coming-of-age story, set in the unsettling reality of John, a kid who holds his family captive in a hole in the ground. Cast: Charlie Shotwell, Michael C. Hall, Jennifer Ehle, Taissa Farmiga. World Premiere

In The Earth / United Kingdom (Director and Screenwriter: Ben Wheatley, Producer: Andy Starke) — As a disastrous virus grips the planet, a scientist and a park scout venture deep into the forest for a routine equipment run. Through the night, their journey becomes a terrifying voyage through the heart of darkness as the forest comes to life around them. Cast: Joel Fry, Ellora Torchia, Hayley Squires, Reece Shearsmith. World Premiere, Narrative

Prisoners of the Ghostland / U.S.A. (Director: Sion Sono, Screenwriters: Aaron Hendry, Reza Sixo Safai, Producers: Michael Mendelsohn, Laura Rister, Ko Mori, Reza Sixo Safai, Nate Bolotin) — A notorious criminal is sent to rescue an abducted woman who has disappeared into a dark supernatural universe. They must break the evil curse that binds them and escape the mysterious revenants that rule the Ghostland, an East-meets-West vortex of beauty and violence. Cast: Nicolas Cage, Sofia Boutella, Nick Cassavetes, Bill Moseley, Tak Sakaguchi, Yuzuka Nakaya. World Premiere, Narrative

Censor / United Kingdom (Director: Prano Bailey-Bond, Screenwriters: Prano Bailey-Bond, Anthony Fletcher, Producer: Helen Jones) — When film censor Enid discovers an eerie horror that speaks directly to her sister's mysterious disappearance, she resolves to unravel the puzzle behind the film and its enigmatic director – a quest blurring the lines between fiction and reality in terrifying ways. Cast: Niamh Algar, Nicholas Burns, Vincent Franklin, Sophia La Porta, Adrian Schiller, Michael Smiley. World Premiere. DAY ONE

Coming Home in the Dark / New Zealand (Director: James Ashcroft, Screenwriters: Eli Kent, James Ashcroft, Producers: Mike Minogue, Catherine Fitzgerald, Desray Armstrong) — A family’s outing descends into terror when teacher Alan Hoaganraad, his wife Jill and stepsons Maika and Jordon explore an isolated coastline. An unexpected meeting with a pair of drifters, the enigmatic psychopath Mandrake and his accomplice Tubs, thrusts the family into a nightmare when they find themselves captured. Cast: Daniel Gillies, Erik Thomson, Miriama McDowell, Matthias Luafutu. World Premiere

Knocking / Sweden (Director: Frida Kempff, Screenwriter: Emma Broström, Producer: Erik Andersson) — When Molly moves into her new apartment after a tragic accident, a strange noise from upstairs begins to unnerve her. As its intensity grows, she confronts her neighbors – but no one seems to hear what she is hearing. Cast: Cecilia Milocco. World Premiere

Violation / Canada (Directors, Screenwriters and Producers: Madeleine Sims-Fewer, Dusty Mancinelli) — A troubled woman on the edge of divorce returns home to her younger sister after years apart. But when her sister and brother-in-law betray her trust, she embarks on a vicious crusade of revenge. Cast: Madeleine Sims-Fewer, Anna Maguire, Jesse LaVercombe, Obi Abili, Jasmin Geljo, Cynthia Ashperger. International Premiere

Of these, I've only seen Violation but I really liked that one. It's rape revenge, but pretty different from any others I've seen.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I also want theatres back. My partner and I went a ton. We even received a pass to be able to see unlimited movies this year, which seemed too good to be true until it turned out to be too good to be true.

Last film I saw was Emma, but the one before that was the Invisible Man.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Very cool. Time for me to watch the first ones.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

They should be printing more copies of the Tremors 4K disc, right? I really don't have the money to throw down for it right now, but I don't want to have to give some scalper $100 in a year to get one of my favorite monster movies on 4K.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Lumbermouth posted:

They should be printing more copies of the Tremors 4K disc, right? I really don't have the money to throw down for it right now, but I don't want to have to give some scalper $100 in a year to get one of my favorite monster movies on 4K.

So far they’ve only released the collectors edition they usually release a vanilla edition later down the line so you should be good.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Gaz2k21 posted:

So far they’ve only released the collectors edition they usually release a vanilla edition later down the line so you should be good.

On the other hand, I realized the other day that I made the right call on buying the Columbia 4k set because there's been no individual release of Lawrence of Arabia(or Gandhi, which is also looks amazing on UHD) and I haven't heard word of one on the horizon any time soon.

Edit: lost track of where I was, thought this was the physical media thread!

Basebf555 fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Dec 18, 2020

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

That's great! Congrats on getting it finished! The final product looks awesome. :D

FYI, there's some weird glitch around 9:08.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Oooh, watching and subscribing now.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Basebf555 posted:

On the other hand, I realized the other day that I made the right call on buying the Columbia 4k set because there's been no individual release of Lawrence of Arabia(or Gandhi, which is also looks amazing on UHD) and I haven't heard word of one on the horizon any time soon.

Edit: lost track of where I was, thought this was the physical media thread!

People are flipping those movies individually on ebay though. Been tempted once or twice since that set dropped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

dorium posted:

People are flipping those movies individually on ebay though. Been tempted once or twice since that set dropped.

I mentioned this in the proper thread for it, but the individual movies in the set come with their own cases and slipcovers and they look pretty nice. So buying them on ebay would be a definite option, it's not like you'd get a disc in a lovely cardboard sleeve or something.