Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheSlutPit posted:

probably the one silver lining of Bernie getting ratfucked by the dnc is now I don’t have to read 4+ years of taintrunner posts calling him a traitor for the inevitable policy compromises

it's okay, you get 8 years of posts of being reminded that Bernie took millions from millions of working people and sold them out for his good friend, a rapist, all so MAGA 2.0 can sweep the nation and form a one party state after the constitutional convention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

in a way, AOC is Lavos and Pelosi is the queen of zeal

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

i say swears online posted:

in a way, AOC is Lavos and Pelosi is the queen of zeal

Jimmy Dore is one part of the pair that jumps together to make yourself the magic sword "Masamune" that splits open the mountain (electoralism) to Magus' Castle (the House of Representatives)

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

it's okay, you get 8 years of posts of being reminded that Bernie took millions from millions of working people and sold them out for his good friend, a rapist, all so MAGA 2.0 can sweep the nation and form a one party state after the constitutional convention

seems like something to really think about...........over brunch LOL :kheldragar:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

bernie was killed and replaced by a hologram by the deep state

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T-man posted:

bernie was killed and replaced by a hologram by the deep state

the real bernie's soul was sucked out and put onto a biochip hidden deep in the offices of apple headquarters

wake the gently caress up, samurai

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

how about we compromise and instead of using the speakership as leverage to force a vote, they just don't vote for her to be speaker

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

like I would much rather see pelosi's bid for speakership fail somehow than see a floor vote for m4a that won't pass the house and wouldn't pass the senate even if it did pass the house

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

how about we compromise and instead of using the speakership as leverage to force a vote, they just don't vote for her to be speaker

they should use the leverage to force a vote and then not vote for her because she loving sucks the poo poo out of a turd

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

taintrunner for speaker of the house 2024

(i call dibs on running the committee on drugs)

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Taintrunner posted:

they should use the leverage to force a vote and then not vote for her because she loving sucks the poo poo out of a turd
yeah that would also own

like I'd rather they not vote for pelosi even if she gets the speakership in spite of it. no one who votes for her should be considered a leftist of any sort

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Victory Position posted:

Jimmy Dore is one part of the pair that jumps together to make yourself the magic sword "Masamune" that splits open the mountain (electoralism) to Magus' Castle (the House of Representatives)

lollin at this one, hahahaha

Omnicarus posted:

AOC is kinda like Arthas in WC3 imo, who was corrupted by Frostmourne and became the Lich King of The North. A lot of parallels in Warcraft lore and our present.

...I... had forgotten entirely that my cats are named after Warcraft 3 RoC/TFT characters, lol. The ones I have left from that era are only Arthas and Kael, though. :( RIP

Apoplexy has issued a correction as of 10:04 on Dec 17, 2020

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Rockit posted:

Another venue for the democratic grift ain't a fight m8.

The trillbillies covered an interview with her chief of staff/co founder of the justice dems and it's lol.

https://www.politico.com/news/magaz...egy-2020-444401

quote:

So, from the start, I don’t actually know if I would … I have never thought of myself as a “left” or “progressive.”

Like, the stuff that we’re proposing — the “Green New Deal” — it’s sort of basic economic development, which is not a partisan thing in any other country. It became a “progressive” thing to suggest Hamiltonian economics, which is weird loop of the brain, but whatever.

quote:

Stepping back a bit, Biden ran a historically progressive campaign in terms of what he talked about doing. His whole “build back better” plan talks about a multitrillion-dollar project of rebuilding America’s economy, where he’s going to build, as he puts it, electric cars, solar panels and wind turbines in America.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The trillbillies covered an interview with her chief of staff/co founder of the justice dems and it's lol.

oh god lol

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

has anyone listened to the politipod with Tom Myers???

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Taintrunner posted:

Good. A two party state is a waste, im glad bernie helped end it

THS
Sep 15, 2017

bought a coke zero as a treat today, they are doing a cross promotional deal with cumtown which is pretty neat

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

ahahahaha oh god

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Taintrunner posted:

The republic wasn't going to last much more than a couple more decades so I'm glad Bernie is accelerating the timetable so we can get the war and societal collapse out of the way and then move on to better things

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

chapo telling ziezek to google fallout new vegas and it is good

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Taintrunner posted:

we laugh, but vaush is seriously using videogame metaphors to run interference for AOC's cowardice

Oh no way, Vaush is running interference? gently caress me, if Vaush is involved then you know its serious.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

T-man posted:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Taintrunner posted:

People liked AOC because she said she would fight for the needs of working people, and now she's explicitly wasting multiple days making excuses for why she doesn't have to.

Getting a vote that fails in 15 mins with a ton of D's voting against it and then the media dunking on M4A as so extreme that even many D's are against it, isn't a fight that you're looking for.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

anything short of Lenin poo poo will just be weaponized against you better and faster than you can respond by the system protecting itself.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

T-man posted:

I feel like I need a handful of Q-tips to listen to this.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

mcmagic posted:

Getting a vote that fails in 15 mins with a ton of D's voting against it and then the media dunking on M4A as so extreme that even many D's are against it, isn't a fight that you're looking for.

yes it is. there's no point to these people being in congress if they cant make a signature issue into one that will matter in primaries. just meekly voting team blue every vote forever is pointless

obviously these reps dont want to throw away fantastic jobs that they can coast on for the rest of their lives but from an outside perspective theyre absolutely replaceable by someone who is willing to actually do something, anything. otherwise why even pretend theres any point to any of this poo poo (there is no point, its a one party system that tricked everyone into thinking it's two party so as to hide the agreed upon stuff behind the scenes)

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 05:59 on Dec 18, 2020

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

TheSlutPit posted:

probably the one silver lining of Bernie getting ratfucked by the dnc is now I don’t have to read 4+ years of taintrunner posts calling him a traitor for the inevitable policy compromises

I'm going to make the hopefully uncontroversial take that Bernie pushing for a stimulus check, small as it is, is still better than what AOC has shown us recently.

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

bernie has a good soul, and I continue to respect him despite his transgressions

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

TheSlutPit posted:

bernie has a good soul, and I continue to respect him despite his transgressions
if he has such a great soul we should capture it and use it to power our weapons

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

brb writing “bernie sanders dies happy and surrounded by his loved ones after successfully replacing global capitalism with an egalitarian utopia” in my Death Note

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

can't do the impossible

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
How long is he going to live

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I listened to both Zizek interviews and now I feel like I've been reading time cube.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
https://twitter.com/JohnDelaney/status/1339808789688537088?s=19

AGHAGHBKAHGDSKHBZNHGHGHAHGHAGBHAHG

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

wonder what millennials think of Buttigieg

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Victory Position posted:

wonder what millennials think of Buttigieg

well, you see, according to identity politics,

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this owns

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
folks

it turns out the answer to 'how much can you deadlift'

is the entire spirits of C-SPAM

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

the good vibes of having a woman of color be the boot on your neck will change the world - Ghandi "X" King, ACLU Lawyer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
briahna joy gray in 2040: should we have threatened to withhold our vote from joe biden?!?