Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

My rice cooker, a Toshiba, paused itself on 20 minutes when I did quick rice. I am unhappy. Where is my rice??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

the paradigm shift posted:

and now ea owns codemasters

The loving worst... Probably. 2K would have shat it up with micro transactions too. Enjoy paying for Lewis Hamilton foil cards that make your get in there meter higher or whatever.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
ea will do absolutely nothing with codemasters and they'll keep pumping out the same garbage like a fifa title

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

My rice cooker, a Toshiba, paused itself on 20 minutes when I did quick rice. I am unhappy. Where is my rice??

Have you considered using a pan

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
i put onion and mushrooms on a whole rear end jacks pizza and im gonna eat the whole goddamn thing

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

is this the self harm thread now

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

My Zojirushi will add on time in 10 minute increments if it doesn’t think the rice is done but I’ve never had it do that with quick rice. I find it tends not to happen when I use the timer function so that’s mostly what I use now.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

the paradigm shift posted:

is this the self harm thread now

it always has been?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

OhsH posted:

i put onion and mushrooms on a whole rear end jacks pizza and im gonna eat the whole goddamn thing

Mushroom and onion is my favorite pizza topping. Just a lil wicka trivia

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Someone please inform me how to forward ports on my router. This is incredibly important as I need to get the VPN functioning on my NAS for the vast quantity of perfectly legal 4K content I download

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

your friend wicka posted:

Mushroom and onion is my favorite pizza topping. Just a lil wicka trivia

what kind of onions

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

the corona quid posted:

My Zojirushi will add on time in 10 minute increments if it doesn’t think the rice is done but I’ve never had it do that with quick rice. I find it tends not to happen when I use the timer function so that’s mostly what I use now.

The quick rice setting of 30 minutes paused at 20 minutes for at least 5 minutes. The regular setting of 50 minutes skips ahead maybe 10 minutes. I think they’re almost the same time!

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
It takes about 20 minutes to make perfect rice in a plain old pot on the stove.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

marshalljim posted:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

OhsH posted:

what kind of onions

Not red

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Bottas = Gasly is my primary take away from this.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.revealed-f1s-team-bosses-choose-their-top-10-drivers-of-2020.2z5yo7av41tQC3MrzeFNa3.html

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

marshalljim posted:

You say this until you’ve experienced rice cooked with a rice cooker featuring fuzzy logic

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

marshalljim posted:

This is categorically false lmao. You may as well be saying it only takes 2 minutes to get a perfect hamburger from a McDonald’s drive thru

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

gently caress you

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Penicillin? You can get the same benefits in 20 minutes with leeches

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
You goons literally do not know how to boil water.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

loving philistines god drat shoveling some lovely rear end rice pot boiled in your mouths lmao

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Ok this is unfair and unreasonable. Say what you want about Lance Stroll the Canadian Sensation but as far as we know he's been respectful toward women and especially his sister Chloe.

Oh no did she write a song about it.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

the corona quid posted:

This is categorically false lmao. You may as well be saying it only takes 2 minutes to get a perfect hamburger from a McDonald’s drive thru

"gently caress I need a good comeback. What is the ideal food, that is famously hard to make and not done in minutes thousands of times a day but dumb teen-agers? Ah yes, a McDonald's hamburger!"

Rice in pot is good. Nice fluffy basmati boiled in a pot as has been done by billions of people for thousands of years.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Billions of people have wiped their rear end with their hand for thousands of years but a bidet gets ya cleaner easier.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

a pipe smoking dog posted:

"gently caress I need a good comeback. What is the ideal food, that is famously hard to make and not done in minutes thousands of times a day but dumb teen-agers? Ah yes, a McDonald's hamburger!"

Rice in pot is good. Nice fluffy basmati boiled in a pot as has been done by billions of people for thousands of years.

This is so stupid because you haven’t had good rice cooker rice so you don’t even know what you’re talking about.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

the corona quid posted:

This is so stupid because you haven’t had good rice cooker rice so you don’t even know what you’re talking about.

I used to live with someone with a rice cooker and there was literally no difference other than it was harder to clean and took longer.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
This is the dumbest poo poo, there's a reason every household in Asia has a rice cooker. Rice cookers own but also Ferrari owns too just FYI.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

POCKET CHOMP posted:

This is the dumbest poo poo, there's a reason every household in Asia has a rice cooker. Rice cookers own but also Ferrari owns too just FYI.

Especially the Ferrari bit.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

POCKET CHOMP posted:

The only thing Ferrari owns are all of the Italian scrapyards as they’ve been their primary supplier over the last decade.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Is that supposed to be George Russell?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The ideal food is Taco Bell

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Khablam posted:

Max's car has failed more than Albon's this year, so do you want to extrapolate your stupid hypothesis further?

Max’s car failed a total of.... 2 times in the whole season, not including the puncture at Imola. The rest of the dnfs were because he binned it had an accident like the failson he is

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

POCKET CHOMP posted:

every household in the US also owns a microwave, whats your point

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

ROFLBOT posted:

Max’s car failed a total of.... 2 times in the whole season, not including the puncture at Imola. The rest of the dnfs were because he binned it had an accident like the failson he is

ah yeah, he definitely caused that collision in tuscany

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Yq1AlIwsc&t=44s

not gonna bother opening the can of worms that sakhir is in this thread.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

POCKET CHOMP posted:

But that reason is because rice is used multiple times throughout the day so it gets put on first thing in the morning. If you’re just making dinner you don’t need a rice cooker

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

ROFLBOT posted:

So its only a partial conspiracy??
Why are you digging in this hole lmao
You couldn't prove you're more stupid, but you're trying.
You're at the intellectual level of the Hamilton stans who wanted a criminal investigation to determine whether Mercedes was biased towards Nico in 2016.
That's where you are right now. Pull up!!

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

POCKET CHOMP posted:

The rice cookers used there, are all based on the same design that has worked flawlessly for decades. You can use simple physics (heat absorption) to determine when the rice is done. You can also use your eyeballs to determine the same thing, but it needs your attention which is why a rice cooker is used.

A fuzzy logic rice cooker is trying to do the same thing with "AI" that a school age child can flawlessly do in science class. Or, a simple magnetic switch can do precisely every time, forever.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I was in Iceland and sharing a guesthouse with a family from China who literally brought their rice cooker with them. They had a converter and everything. It ruled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

So has dying of cholera