Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

Tin Tim posted:

Yeah at day 150 such a battle shouldn't give you much trouble if you're not playing very slowly on purpose but pretty much everyone ends up with lovely choices on their first run so no worries! I would start off fresh but you can still salvage your run if you want. Imo it's mainly about knowing your target stats and builds that are successful for your style. I'm saying it that way because there isn't really one perfect strategy. For instance, a lot of posters itt swear that fearsome builds or lot of backline dps are they way to go whereas I don't use either but we're still all successful with our strategies.

I'm just gonna make a wall of text and describe the builds I use and what my stat goals are so that you can take some directions from them. Though keep in mind that not all of my builds are fully optimized for the new DLC yet

Early Line

Student
Colossus
Gifted
Rotate
Recover
Underdog
Battleforged
Pathfinder
Brawny
Mace or Axe spec+shield expert

This is my standard 1h+shield early game build that's meant to fight+farm raiders for their gear and those bros usually get phased out once I'm in the midgame. Farming raiders is the basic 101 for the early game which you should focus on btw. Pretty much every bro that's better than what I would consider "trash that will die" can fill this build. Farmers, brawlers(great background!), caravan hands, lumberjacks, butchers, masons, and messengers are where I look. Militia also works but is often too expensive early on and may have potential to be something better. Wildmen can also work but have some crappy stat ranges after their nerfs so I usually don't bother trying anymore. This build wants stars in melee atk, defence and stamina if possible but health is also helpful and resolve is too but it's the least important stat for a star in the early game. I level as much mAtt/def and fatigue as I can while aiming for 71 health(without colossus! The bonus is retroactive btw so you don't need 71 before you pick the perk) and go for resolve between 40-50 which can also be met with a resolve trinket. These guys are meant to farm raiders and to hold the line! They aren't huge damage dealers and never will be. They use flails early because raiders often have no or crappy helmets and then switch to axes later or a tier 3 mace if I managed to loot that. They also get a dagger in their pocket asap to farm raiders with good body+head armor. Their perks are mostly set in stone for me but I guess recover isn't 100%. I use it to offset the fatigue cost from the alternate flail/dagger attacks but you can sorta get by without it if the fatigue pool is good enough.

Hybrid/Early Game Crutch

Student
Quick Hands
Gifted
Anticipation
Polearm Mastery
Berserk
Frenzy
Nimble or Battleforged (depends on the fatigue)
Footwork or Rotate (depends on taste though footwork is better for the build I guess)
Bow Mastery and Bullseye

I use this build rarely and it mostly happens when I find an early bro with stars in melee and ranged attack that's overall too good to just trash him. The role of this build is to be a damage dealer/force multiplier early but imo they don't hold up past the midgame. But if I struggle early then this build can do some good work and it sorta allows you to punch a bit above your weight if you run like two or three behind your line. Because the dps from the polearms has some weight in early fights and the extra arrow shots also help. I level m/rAttk and fatigue with a bit of health(around 70 since they don't run colossus but can catch a hit sometimes) and some rDef. Resolve can be ignored in the backline if you don't use fearsome. I don't really search backgrounds for this build but sellswords make the best versions imo. There is a variant of this build which uses a whip instead of a bow and that can hold up past the midgame imo because the whip disarm is the best control skill in the game. That build takes cleaver mastery as the fifth perk and polearm+recover as their last. I still don't like it that much but it's a solid build.

Archer+Thrower Hybrid

Student
Bullseye
Anticipation
Bow Mastery
Recover
Nimble
Berserk
Frenzy
Quick Hands
Duelist+Throwing Mastery

This is my ranged build and I usually end up with 4-5 of them in my company because I want some extras for certain fights. Their role should be pretty clear. Shoot stuff and have decent odds to snipe high threat targets behind other stuff. They switch to throwing weapons against heavy armor humans like chosen or when I expect the dps to matter more than the range. And they stay on the bench against orc warriors and ancient undead because their damage doesn't help against skellies and orc warriors break your line and chop them up. I level rAtt/def and stamina with some health(60-70ish). You pretty much want their rAtt to be 90+ in the end if possible. The two vanilla starts give you one good archer to use but backgrounds that work are basically only poachers(shepherds early too) and hunters. And hunters are the targets for your mid-late game company when they come with 2-3 stars in rAtt. There are some outliers where a bro can have 40+ rAtt and two stars but it's not something you can really hunt for. Some advice is that you pretty much always should have archers in your group against enemies that also use ranged weapons. If the AI thinks that their ranged is much better than yours then they will not advance towards you!

Banner Bro

Student
Fortified Mind
Rally
Gifted
Cleaver Mastery
Nimble or Battleforged (depends on the bro but forged without brawny is hard to justify since rally burns a lot of stam)
Recover
Colossus
Rotate
Quickhands+Pathfinder( Pathfinder is a flexspot for now since I'm not certain what is best here. Polearm, Footwork, Brawny, Berserk and even Underdog can all be argued for)

The banner is kind of a sad build. It looks cool to have on the field but is only needed in very few fights. That's why most people use a monk that just sits on the bench 90% of the time. I try to go a different route by having it also be my main whip user. Reminder that disarm is the best control skill in the game! Basically any bro with 40+ resolve and 2-3 stars can be your banner but squires and beastslayers are prime backgrounds to roll on imo. Adventurous nobles have the best resolve stat range in the game but they're also expensive and need some points sunk into their rDef. You obviously want to level resolve everytime and pump stamina often but the rest depends on how you use the bro. I also level some rDef and try to go for a good chunk of health(around 80+ without colossus) and try to get mAtt in the range of 80+. The whip disarm is hard to hit(even with the bonus from cleaver mastery) so good mAtt is mandatory for me. The health pool is due to me using my banner as an emergency tank that can rotate a dying bro to the back and then eat a few hits. This strat pairs well with nimble btw. As said, the banner is a sad build and everyone needs to figure out how they wanna handle it

Tank!

Student
Recover
Rotate
Brawny
Underdog
Battleforged
Indomitable
Pathfinder(used to be taunt but I moved away from it)
Colossus
Shield Mastery+Gifted, Fortified Mind, Steel Brow (The second choice depends on the final stats of the bro and if I need to shore something up)

This is one of my favorite builds and gets used all the way through the game. This bro doesn't deal damage well but can stand in the middle of a bunch of enemies and laugh about it while your other bros do the killing. It's all about being defensive and locking enemies down so that they can't pressure the rest of your dudes. Very helpful against lindwurms and unholds btw and a good magnet for orc young stun attacks. I always run with two of them(one each on the edges of my line) and have two more on the bench that I bring in for certain fights. Early on you can sorta use any background with 2 stars in defense but later on you want to look for more expensive backgrounds with better bases in mAtt. 60 mAtt with a spear/sword is fine early but sucks after that. And while the bro is built towards defense you want them to be able to contribute at least some good hits over the course of a fight. Finding good tanks for the lategame can be hard because the build is sorta stat hungry. You want mDef on every level(target around 30 without a shield), health at 71+(around 80 if possible) before colossus bonus, resolve around 60(without a trinket), fatigue at 140 or as close as possible and then also mAtt between 70-80. Getting that on anyone but hedge knights is a tall order imo but with some luck in stars and traits it can be done. That's why I also have several possible picks for the last perk since I need those stats! But as said, early game tanks are much less stat hungry because you ignore mAtt after 60 but I don't like that later on.

2h

Student
Pathfinder
Rotate
Colossus(can be gifted if the base health is huge and has stars)
Underdog
Battleforged
Recover
Brawny
Frenzy
Berserk+2h Weapon Mastery of choice (kinda any except swords since they suck later. And axe is questionable since the aoe skill is hard to set up but okay if you have a good famed one)

This is the other build I really like to use but it's not really something you can pull of well early(one of your vanilla starter bros can be built to be an okay 2h sword user though). I transition into these bros during the midgame and my lategame strats need them. They are dps builds that are meant to get rolling after their first kill and then snowball through the enemies until their fatigue is spent. There are variations of this build which don't use berserk to stay stamina neutral or builds that use quickhands to juggle 2h and reach weapons. But this is what I use and I'm not sure if I switch it up anytime soon. Though I use one "variant" that specs into cleaver(there is an event for a famed 2h cleaver in every campaign btw) to also use a whip. My 2h build is very stat hungry and you pretty much want stars in mAtt+def and fatigue. My targets are 85+ mAtt, 25+ mDef, 71 health without colossus bonus, 50 res and 140 fatigue or as close as possible. Fatigue is a point of contention I guess but I run my 2h users in the heaviest armor possible. You can mitigate the fatigue with famed armor but you also can't really count on that. Seeing how high my demands are you can probably also guess that not many backgrounds can fill this order. Hedge knights are the prime targets to roll on but sellswords can also do it with some luck and even cheap backgrounds like lumberjacks and brawlers can work. Those need some luck with their stars/traits and level up rolls though. Finding my 2h users is usually the main effort of all my campaigns but when I get them they clean house against almost everything and I love them dearly

The one build I'm gonna exclude here is the duelist which uses a 1h weapon(famed if possible) and no shield because my old builds suck rear end and I'm still working on a current one

Phew, words huh? :v:

I'm sure the other posters itt will have lots of things they don't like and think are better but as said before there isn't really one true strat for this game imo

quoting for my own info. thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

TheBeardyCleaver posted:

Somehow I find loads of swordlances. What I don't think I've ever found is a good rolled 2H hammer. Can't remember the last time I even saw a named one.

I’m so loving jealous right now. I’ve found exactly 2 in a combined 800 days across 3 campaigns. And neither of them were as good as that one.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Guildencrantz posted:

Are the unique locations randomized between playthroughs on the same seed now? As in, re-rolled every time to decide where they are? It seems to be the case for me but google brings up nothing and I don't see it in the patch notes. I have a few mods installed, but none that should have that effect. :confused:

I don’t think so; but each difficulty and possibly origin has a different location.

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES
Ohh I thought it was neutral wrt origins, that explains it. Shows how long I've been away from BB. Thanks!

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Don’t take it as gospel; I’ve seen conflicting information on the subject. The only thing I’m certain of is that it changes based on difficulty.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

The Lord Bude posted:

I’m so loving jealous right now. I’ve found exactly 2 in a combined 800 days across 3 campaigns. And neither of them were as good as that one.

These things are super variable. I've never used a named greatsword in the game. Seen one for sale in my last playthrough, but while I was rich enough to buy it, I could see it didn't have any additional damage or anything, just increased shield damage (ugh). But all my post-Blazing Deserts playthroughs I had one or two unique swordlances.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I pretty much only find 2h hammers. Including a couple of max damage ones, which basically kill anything that walks on two legs other than unholds, but seriously ruins an unhold's day.

TheBeardyCleaver
Jan 9, 2019
I find greatswords(mostly lovely ones like the +shield damage mentioned), 2H axes, and the occasional swordlance. Would be nice if there was a way to commission gear from a smith for exorbitant sums, just to offset RNG a bit. Have yet to find a well rolled mace.

Edit: I've only found swordlances in shops though. Perhaps it's only the southern champions that drop them, and I haven't fought a lot of those. Got a holy war coming up, that's going to lose me some slaves.

TheBeardyCleaver fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Dec 17, 2020

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I’ve found one swordlance in a shop and one in a barbarian chosen camp of all places.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Are we just talking about weapons or do ya'll not find massive amounts of shields and light helmets?

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

I swear the rng on famed item drops is wild af. My current camp is in the second crisis and I've found one single shield so far. Also two helmets(one light, one heavy), one 2h cleaver, one warbow, one gun, and gently caress all otherwise :shrug:

E: After bitching about it I just scored a famed 1h mace let's see those stats baby!

+1 dura, +10% armor damg, -1 fat per hit....wtf :qq:

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 17, 2020

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES
Which weapon spec is best on a Lone Wolf these days? I last played a proper campaign back when two-handed swords were considered the 100% best, but it doesn't seem that way any more. Obviously picking well before having any named items.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Guildencrantz posted:

Which weapon spec is best on a Lone Wolf these days? I last played a proper campaign back when two-handed swords were considered the 100% best, but it doesn't seem that way any more. Obviously picking well before having any named items.

2h Swords have been nerfed at least once, now you're definitely trading away damage for the versatility of the two types of AoE attacks. My preference is that unless I find a 2h sword that has unusually good stats, I build a couple of guys with 2h hammers, and then other 2h guys in the front line will typically get a bardiche.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

The 2h mace also is a good option (contrary to what bude thinks :cheeky:). Very solid penetration, stun is handy for a solo, and dazed is a helpful effect too imo. The damage reduction should be even more relevant for a lone wolf. Only downside is that 2h maces are sorta tricky to find and you won't see a flanged one on enemies outside of getting lucky with bandit leaders/hedge knights I think

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Dec 18, 2020

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
My only issue with 2h maces is that if i'm gonna make a maceman i'm just gonna give the guy a shield. His job is to stun and tank, not kill.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Tin Tim posted:

The 2h mace also is a good option (contrary to what bude thinks :cheeky:). Very solid penetration, stun is handy for a solo, and dazed is a helpful effect too imo. The damage reduction should be even more relevant for a lone wolf. Only downside is that 2h maces are sorta tricky to find and you won't see a flanged one on enemies outside of getting lucky with bandit leaders/hedge knights I think

Nah it's poo poo. Literally no reason to use one over a mace duelist other than giving a bro with bad stats something to do.

Wasting a precious slot on one in a lone wolf company should be a crime.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
I still think 2H swords are a bit underrated post nerfs. The damage is not so sub par that the two AoE options and extra hit don’t often make up for it. I’ll routinely give my LW sword spec at 11 because you can go longsword > greatsword usually within the first 60 days and just hang out till a named one shows up, meanwhile that dude will murder everything he comes across for the most part until you’re solidly late game, and a good named 2H greatsword can still roll like 100-120 max damage, 35% AP or 110% armor damage.

Like yeah 2H hammers and axes are a little bit better long term but there’s zero reason to actually avoid swords straight up. Just don’t put them on everyone, but that’s true of all weapons. Having the guy at the core of the battle able to both the sweep and line AoE as the opportunities arise pays for itself pretty quick.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Dec 18, 2020

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

I will concede that the lack of aoe makes a 2h mace a lot less desirable for a lone wolf start. Didn't think about that one! But beyond that I think you guys are trashing the 2h mace too hard :shrug:

E: I know that's it's not a real test and just an approximation but I don't think that there is a significant difference between these two late-game bros outside of specific enemy groups

Mazz posted:

Like yeah 2H hammers and axes are a little bit better long term but there’s zero reason to actually avoid swords straight up. Just don’t put them on everyone, but that’s true of all weapons. Having the guy at the core of the battle able to both the sweep and line AoE as the opportunities arise pays for itself pretty quick.
The 2h starting bro mainly becomes a sword user for me because his stats usually aren't good enough to really handle the heavier ones but other than that I just carry some extra greatswords in my inventory for zombie/nach hordes

E: Here's the 2h starter from my current run and he put in a lot of work

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Dec 18, 2020

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Mazz posted:

Just don’t put them on everyone, but that’s true of all weapons.

On the other hand, my lone wolf company of 10 swordlancers and 2 javelin throwers murders everybody.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Tin Tim posted:

I will concede that the lack of aoe makes a 2h mace a lot less desirable for a lone wolf start. Didn't think about that one! But beyond that I think you guys are trashing the 2h mace too hard :shrug:

E: I know that's it's not a real test and just an approximation but I don't think that there is a significant difference between these two late-game bros outside of specific enemy groups

The 2h starting bro mainly becomes a sword user for me because his stats usually aren't good enough to really handle the heavier ones but other than that I just carry some extra greatswords in my inventory for zombie/nach hordes

The point is that if you took that same guy, with the same starting stats and made him a nimble mace duelist he'd be considerably more powerful. 1h maces and 2h maces do the same thing - single target high penetration damage; & stuns for crowd control - but 1h maces does both jobs better so there's no reason to use 2h maces (again other than the edge cases of making a fatigue neutral build for a bad bro, or an indebted in a manhunter company). A duelist with a good named mace can one shot say ancient legionaries and nearly 1 shot honour guards. Using my duelist build posted earlier you can consistently get 3 hits in, often getting 3 kills per turn; you can kill something and then recover in the same turn, and you can get fearless/overwhelm procs in; all the while enjoying decent mobility. Between dodge and nimble you end up much more survivable as well. A 2h maceman meanwhile gets to hit once, and can only move 1 tile; and can't make good use of reach advantage so they have less survivability than the typical 2handed front liner.

It's not like choosing between a 2h hammer and a 2h sword, or javelins/bows where there are pros/cons to each and you have to weigh up what you need. 2h maces/1h maces fill the same role and 1 is flat out better than the other.

One thing to consider for the lone wolf starter is make them a front line nimble swordlancer - I did this with my viper to incredible effect, and while a lone wolf doesn't have the extra AP from kills that lets my viper attack 3 times a turn and theoretically even 4, you would still get 2 attacks consistently; you'd be able to hit the enemy back line from your front line, and you'd get full stacks of reach advantage most turns.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
named maces, they grow on trees.

Don't let these hyper-optimizers get you down. A 2h mace is a great tool to give to a back-liner and is definitely strong enough for a large portion of the game. They're just as good with a one-handed mace so it's not like you can't swap it in when you need more defence or something, the perk works for all smashy things. Listen to bude if you've found that unicorn with 3-star key stats and are tackling the monolith or library or something. But when you're at day 30, have a backliner, and your choice is between a pitchfork and a 2h mace, use the drat mace. Hell, use it with mace specialization because that 2h mace swinger will allow you to GET to the point where you're shopping for unicorns and legendary named weapons. I see the game as very much of making the best with what you have and sometimes that means specializing in swords (or maces) because you've got a ton of decent-to-good ones and you're at the point where you need to start excelling at *something*.

Also dodge is a good perk.

Also also I've been playing with the Legends mod lately and it's gotten silly.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

El Spamo posted:

But when you're at day 30, have a backliner, and your choice is between a pitchfork and a 2h mace, use the drat mace.

I imagine you mean a polemace here and not a normal 2h mace. If the bro's a "keep for later and train up" dude he's getting the drat pitchfork :v:

That said:

El Spamo posted:

I see the game as very much of making the best with what you have and sometimes that means specializing in swords (or maces) because you've got a ton of decent-to-good ones and you're at the point where you need to start excelling at *something*.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
Oh yeah, I was thinking the polemace.
The 2h mace is great when you're fighting bandits. It's better than the wood axe, you haven't found a better 2h weapon, and you're chumping raiders. It'll KO a baddie in one hit a non-zero amount of times, good to use if you have a bro who's fine for 2h fighting against lowbies since it'll mulch through bandits.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Does a 2h mace stun for 1 turn or 2? I thought it was two but some enemies shake it off after 1.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Donkringel posted:

Does a 2h mace stun for 1 turn or 2? I thought it was two but some enemies shake it off after 1.

Some enemies have the perk that means duration effects last one less turn, so a two-turn bleed or stun or poison wears off after just one turn.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The daze from 2H Maces is ridiculously good and gives them utility even on stuff you can't stun.

TheBeardyCleaver
Jan 9, 2019
2H mace pretty great on indebted at least. I use it on most of them. Heaviest armour i can cram one into from level 1, whipped from a veteran bro, can hit most things and nerf their damage to nothing. Get a full line of battleforged indebted and it's just a wall of hurt. The great thing about the normal attack is that it does full damage and dazes at the same time. no need for a high fatigue stun then. Just stand there and hit things forever, and no running out of fatigue. For premium bro's, sure give them hammers and bardiches and swordlances, but the 2H mace is extremely useful for taking some chump bro that costs little to no money and making him close to as useful as your 100g 3 star hedgeknight. Budget hedgeknight is nothing to sniff at.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

You shouldn’t be using a 2handed anything on day 30 when your guys are in junk armour. That’s how you end up getting your guys killed - unless it’s a reach weapon and you have them in the back.

Front liners should all have a shield until you can afford to give them decent armour.

I haven’t done manhunters but I agree with Beardy - in that specific instance where you have guys that will never have great stats and can only get to level 7 - then I think you put together a stamina neutral 2h mace build so you don’t need to waste a perk on brawny.

On any other origin though; assuming you aren’t playing iron man I advocate not having crap
Bros in your company rather than making special
builds to compensate for them.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

The point is that if you took that same guy, with the same starting stats and made him a nimble mace duelist he'd be considerably more powerful.
Now I do understand your stance much better. Giving context like this is much more effective than going by "2h mace bad" :v:

I'll try your duelist build when I can scrounge up a good hire for it

Question, if a glutton gets fat will he lose the trait again just like when you hire a fat guy? Three of my hedge knights are gluttons and one became fat and has kept the trait for a good while now. It's not affecting him too bad since he was at 140 fatigue when it happened but I obviously would like it to go away.

Also I never had so many gluttons in my company and it kinda sucks that I can't really build a hexen trophy because the fuckers keep eating the poison apples when I carry then for any length of time :argh:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Anyone with fat can lose it again as a random event. Not sure if there are specific triggers beyond the normal random event triggers though.

There’s also nothing stopping a bro getting fat; becoming fit again; and then later on becoming fat again - I’ve had it happen in longer campaigns. Yo-yo dieting is a thing in the world of battle brothers too apparently.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
does hitting both parts of a single lindwurm with a multi-hex attackdo more damage, roll to hit a second time if the first misses or just waste fatigue?

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013

Molybdenum posted:

does hitting both parts of a single lindwurm with a multi-hex attackdo more damage, roll to hit a second time if the first misses or just waste fatigue?

It hits twice if you hit.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
For folks who are doing modded gameplay, I tried out the magic trio mod which gives you a team of 3 wizards of various flavors to play with.
It's a hoot.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Just found a pretty amazing map seed; IRHbxTNgIF

City states are in a nice compact straight line with ports at each end (arena is a port); map is otherwise good with good trade opportunites. Only issue I can find is that I don't think any of the big citadels have both blast furnace and ore smelter.

Peasant Seed starting bros are insane. 6 good melee bros (7 if you're prepared to allow a melee bro with tiny) and a ranged bro that will get to 88 ratk/95 stam. Overall they have really high starting stamina - several of them start >100.

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Dec 20, 2020

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
LHHOGAOEFH

got this from a BB discord so maybe already posted here

check out those starting cultists....

:eyepop:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Molybdenum posted:

LHHOGAOEFH

got this from a BB discord so maybe already posted here

check out those starting cultists....

:eyepop:

Yeah that one’s pretty famous. Only seed I know of where the starting cultists are good across the board. The seed itself is decent.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

someone made an espaced slave origin.

https://www.nexusmods.com/battlebrothers/mods/339

it's pretty neat. the more ex-slaves you have in battle, the better they become.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Huh that's pretty cool. I mentioned something like that when there was the original mini furore over the announcement of slaves.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Can "hunt down beast x" style contracts in the most northern towns roll white unholds? I'm having a real tough time finding them in the wilds and I'm at the point where I would save scum for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Tin Tim posted:

Can "hunt down beast x" style contracts in the most northern towns roll white unholds? I'm having a real tough time finding them in the wilds and I'm at the point where I would save scum for them

I think there are specific unhold contracts, not hunt down beast contracts. The town will have a specific event of unhold attacks and can generate the quest then. Northern towns allow white unhold generation.