Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Game of the Decade
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 69424 23.78%
Metis Souls 85 0.03%
Metisnite 7 0.00%
Skymetis 26 0.01%
Gone Metis 9 0.00%
MGSV: Phantom Pain (Metis Gear Solid) 13 0.00%
Journey 10 0.00%
Doom 20Metis 12 0.00%
Metis Presents: House Party 95 0.03%
Xcom: Metis Unknown 19 0.01%
Metis (gamer of the decade) (no gamer moments) 36 0.01%
The Metis 3 24 0.01%
METIISSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! 222220 76.11%
Total: 291980 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

VideoGames has their new avatar I see

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I feel like there was a Kirby butt avatar fairly recently

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Have you ever seen the weird GBA port

It has a whole new soundtrack by David Wise (i like the regular ost better) and a new world and they redrew the overworld in MS Paint for some reason

every new graphic they had to make for the dkc gba ports looks awful but dkc3's take the cake, even though the actual level graphics look pretty good for a snes-to-gba conversion. the bear shopkeepers in particular are horrid

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I feel like there was a Kirby butt avatar fairly recently

There was, wondrous Cowcaster bestowed it upon me and it was one of the longest worn avatars I have had.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Meta Knight is the only Kirby character you are allowed to make lewds of. Every other character is too innocent or a literal babby. Even Dedede. Dedede doesn't know what sex is.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Looper posted:

every new graphic they had to make for the dkc gba ports looks awful but dkc3's take the cake, even though the actual level graphics look pretty good for a snes-to-gba conversion. the bear shopkeepers in particular are horrid

it is truly: "bananas" 🍌

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Remember when PCMasterRace was something used to make fun of those dweebs

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Remember when PCMasterRace was something used to make fun of those dweebs
Now it is unironically true :pcgaming:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/KrystalSim/status/1339957484904181761

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

The 7th Guest posted:

i bought and finished two short 2020 games (rivals, hand of many fingers). still thinking about others. may grab paradise killer while it's $15, may grab saga scarlet graces on switch which is $15 right now. also thinking about phoenotopia awakening which is a switch only metroidvania that's apparently huge (30 hours long) and $20 and got a 5 out of 5 from the metroidvania curator I follow on Steam

and then there's also the epic sale, might get bugsnax there, maybe raji. definitely disco elysium. idk how i'm going to fit all these games into 12 days for my GOTY list lol. i may just have to make determinations off of partial playthroughs

Phoenotopia looks cools but I also can't think of a metroidvania that has been really long and not also felt way too long outside of mayhe hollow knight

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Kirby butt avatar

kirbuttar

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Immediately breaking NDA to say that I got into the Chivalry 2 alpha and will post impressions at some point.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I'm loving the 2077 clusterfuck

I'm kinda interested to see if they can fix the game and how long that's gonna take

Seems like a lot of the bugs can be ironed out but the gameplay/world not really quite meeting the expectations they set out can't be helped

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cyberpunk 2077 more like Cyberpunk 20/77

Cyberpunk 20/77 more like Cyberpunk 26/100

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
more like johnny silverhanding out refunds

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If you're workshopping that, I'd go with " more like Cyberpunk 2.7/10"

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Speaking of companies who both suck having a very public slapfight what's up with Apple and Epic lately?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Speaking of companies who both suck having a very public slapfight what's up with Apple and Epic lately?

Still moving through court, which is slow. The cool new fight is between Apple and Facebook, and it's over privacy controls rather than the app store

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Cyberpunk 2077 more like Cyberpunk 20/77

Cyberpunk 20/77 more like Cyberpunk 26/100

more like CDPR shares down -20.77%

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i call it cyberjunk

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
SDR2 Chapter 5 Investigation:

I have no idea what the gently caress right now

Jesus this murder is grim :gonk:

Looking at the body my initial vibe is suicide. His left hand looks like it had been holding something so I think he dangled the spear above him and let go so he impaled himself

Yeah the blood pattern on his hands fits that theory

No idea what the deal is with the duct tape

Super no idea what the deal is with the plushie

drat even Akane's getting smart at investigating these days

Oh, if Nagito was being tortured why would they cover his mouth with duct tape? That doesn't make sense

Wait POISON what the gently caress has that got to do with anything

Oh my god Monomi's notebook :3: Ohhh or actually the traitor's notebook

TOGAMI'S NOT IN THE STUDENT PROFILES AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ahahahahaha Ultimate Imposter that's some absolute bullshit

This trial is gonna get loving wild

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Convex posted:

more like CDPR shares down -20.77%

It's down 40% from their peak this year 🤣

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Imagine having a brain this broken

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

my God-given right to release an insanely overhyped, console-bricking trashfire product

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
these seem like they have new meaning given the nature of the final product lol

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Sony's mad because it works on XBox?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Censorship is a dead word. Means anything

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They should’ve canceled the last gen versions IMO, or released them later like Titanfall 1

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

hatty posted:

They should’ve canceled the last gen versions IMO, or released them later like Titanfall 1

Even if they had cancelled last gen it wouldve caused them huge losses so its a no win scenario.

May 8, 2006

they should have delayed the game entirely at least another year

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

they should have delayed the game entirely at least another year

Yeah probably

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Starting to get a bit bored of reading posts about cyberpunk, its all moved to bug talk or the ps4 refund situation or peoples regret after reaching the end. Feels good to not get caught up in the hype discourse though.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I love this because the lady's like "wow... 'it should play better' .... drat they got them"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I love this because the lady's like "wow... 'it should play better' .... drat they got them"

You had one job

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Just beat the first boss of The Pathless. So far it has a very Shadow of the Colossus vibe where the protagonist takes down huge beasts in a forbidden land and everyone speaks in a made-up language. The art style and movement is beautifully fluid and I love all the expressive animation for your baby eagle companion. Really liking it so far!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

How about the devs putting the management over the coals?

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1339974516034965504?s=19

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Seize the means of production, CDPR devs.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Waffleman_ posted:

Method cyberpunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

:sickos: