Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Ashenai posted:

New event, should be available from your Notices, unless it's not available in the US yet?

Not in US yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
These things generally go up in the US at 10 AM EST.

W/r/t the banner last time Mihoyo officially announced it 3 days before it went up so you did have a day or two to roll on the existing banner before it went down. I'm really hoping they keep doing that going forwards... but who knows, maybe they only did that because it was leaked. We'll find out in a few days.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Much like the previous web event it's extremely buggy, will stop working occasionally and isn't really worth the rewards you get for it

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Mr Snips posted:

Much like the previous web event it's extremely buggy, will stop working occasionally and isn't really worth the rewards you get for it

I mean, it's a free Mora leyline for less time and effort than actually doing a Mora leyline.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Don't get me wrong, I'm still doing it. Free mora is free mora.

But it's extremely underwhelming

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Yeah, it's even less of an event than the weird Zhongli+Childe restaurant thing. But hey it's better than nothing, and nothing is what I was expecting!

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
I dinged AR50 this morning which unlocked the final round of ascensions and domains while keeping my world level at 6. If I'm understanding the system correctly, doing the quest to uncap AR and getting to 55 will do the following:

-Increase of 5* drops from world bosses
-Presumable increase in drop quality from the Doggo
-Incidental rewards from AR51-55 from the guild

And nothing else, right? I'm thinking I'll just stop here, and leave my WL at 6 forever, or at least until either all my main squad is maxed out or the game adds enough content that AR50 isn't enough to progress (which seems like a year+ given their content schedule). I'm well past the point where I want a challenge out of any repeatable open-world content - I just want it done as fast as possible while I wait for them to add new things. Am I missing anything critical or special from not boosting WL at this point I'd regret later?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I believe that's it yes (allegedly artifact drop rate from Abyss Mages etc goes up as well but I don't have any numbers). AR50 Childe is so much harder than everything else that I don't really see the point but if that's what you want to do it's up to you.

EDIT: Quiz out in NA. Some of these questions are pretty hard. The one I got wrong was stupid, Diona's constellation is called Feles and not Felis (how could I ever know that).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Dec 18, 2020

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Do the drops from leylines not increase as well at AR50? I know I'll need to grind out some xp books eventually but I assumed they would drop more if I waited to raise the world level again

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Strangely, they do not.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I could see them changing that when enough people get up there and complain.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Resin and progression numbers weren't chosen randomly. It stops scaling because progression from 80->90 is meant to be glacially slow (because there is no content).

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I had fun doing the trivia

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah i never really looked at it number wise but Jinx's new video just laid it all out in terms of raw EXP needed and other resin costs. i don't think 90 is intended to be a priority at all when it comes to raising characters based on how they have it structured.

i probably will leave some of my more niche support characters like Ningguang lagging behind but definitely looking to push a majority of my roster to 60/70 before i worry about those last 10 levels on anyone. but i also didn't level a single carry to 80 until well after WL6 either

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Dec 18, 2020

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

dogsicle posted:

yeah i never really looked at it number wise but Jinx's new video just laid it all out in terms of raw EXP needed and other resin costs. i don't think 90 is intended to be a priority at all when it comes to raising characters based on how they have it structured.

i probably will leave some of my more niche support characters like Ningguang lagging behind but definitely looking to push a majority of my roster to 60/70 before i worry about those last 10 levels on anyone. but i also didn't level a single carry to 80 until well after WL6 either

The most interesting thing about that video was the exp required to get a 5* from 16-20 is almost as much as 1-16. I knew it was a lot, but didn't realize it was that much. Definitely made me shift my priorities a little bit.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I'm not even planning to ascend to 6 yet. Partly because I don't feel like grinding the mats, but mostly because I think I can do 36-stars without it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I don't think going to 90 will actually do much for you compared to every other way to spend your resin. And if you wait for AR55 you'll get loads of gladiator/wanderer pieces.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Meiteron posted:

I dinged AR50 this morning which unlocked the final round of ascensions and domains while keeping my world level at 6. If I'm understanding the system correctly, doing the quest to uncap AR and getting to 55 will do the following:

-Increase of 5* drops from world bosses
-Presumable increase in drop quality from the Doggo
-Incidental rewards from AR51-55 from the guild

And nothing else, right?

I thought it also increased drops from random dudes you murder in the overworld?

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
Is there a comprehensive chart of changes at each WL that someone can share?

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I was actually kind of curious what the stat differences between 80 and 90 are. I know there's a penalty to damage for fighting something above your level, but is it significant enough to matter?

I'd much much rather bring all my characters to 60 than just a couple to 90.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
I was looking for my main DPSs, and these are Ning's relevant stats:

80/80 ATK 188 GeoDMG 18
80/90 ATK 198 GeoDMG 24
90/90 ATK 212 GeoDMG 24

Solar Pearl (her weapon):

80/80 ATK 449 CritRate 25.1
80/90 ATK 475 CritRate 25.1
90/90 ATK 510 CritRate 27.6

There is an argument for taking the weapon all the way up and ascending the character to 80/90, but I see no compelling reason to dump books in to get to 90/90.

(Numbers are sourced from a wiki, I assume they're correct)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

aparmenideanmonad posted:

I was looking for my main DPSs, and these are Ning's relevant stats:

80/80 ATK 188 GeoDMG 18
80/90 ATK 198 GeoDMG 24
90/90 ATK 212 GeoDMG 24

Solar Pearl (her weapon):

80/80 ATK 449 CritRate 25.1
80/90 ATK 475 CritRate 25.1
90/90 ATK 510 CritRate 27.6

There is an argument for taking the weapon all the way up and ascending the character to 80/90, but I see no compelling reason to dump books in to get to 90/90.

(Numbers are sourced from a wiki, I assume they're correct)

the number is bigger tho

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Saxophone posted:

I was actually kind of curious what the stat differences between 80 and 90 are. I know there's a penalty to damage for fighting something above your level, but is it significant enough to matter?

Supposedly very small. Someone did the math and apparently taking everything (including the damage penalty) into account, you're looking at about a 6% damage increase.

It's not something you should be doing until you have more mora and XP books than you know what to do with.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Saxophone posted:

I'd much much rather bring all my characters to 60 than just a couple to 90.

It's not huge.

From here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s0G2SDIOp9WB7NRn3ABoRgsS_Qjid46g1-BswFrbTFY/edit#gid=665641013

quote:

Level difference/DEF:
An enemies defence is correlated to their level. Your damage will be multiplied by the following:
[(100+Character Level)/((100+Character Level) + (100+Enemy Level)*Defence drop)]

If we have a level 60 character and level 60 enemy, this will be (160)/(160+160) = 50%, i.e. Your damage will be reduced by 50%
If we have a level 70 character and a level 60 enemy, this will be (170)/(170+160) = 51.52%, i.e. Your damage will be reduced by 100%-51.52%=48.48%
In the same example, if you reduced the enemy's DEF by 20%, this would be (170)/(170+160*0.8)=57.05%, i.e. Your damage would be reduced by 100%-57.05%=42.95%

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

The UI for the new event seems busted as gently caress. Clicking on things doesn't do anything most of the time. Don't think I'll bother with this one.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Vargs posted:

The UI for the new event seems busted as gently caress. Clicking on things doesn't do anything most of the time. Don't think I'll bother with this one.

Yeah it's like dial-up internet without the cool retro design.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
I didn't have any issues with the event v:shobon:v

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

I had the "didn't register clicks" issue, it was significantly more frustrating than a leyline. I missed two of the questions but I'm going to wait to try again until I get home and hope it works better from my desktop because it's really frustrating to do like this.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I am actually quite surprised they don't put a special skill unlock at 90 like they do at 60.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

LorneReams posted:

I am actually quite surprised they don't put a special skill unlock at 90 like they do at 60.

As it stands, I'm probably gonna ascend at 80, but not bring anyone to 90.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Ultiville posted:

I had the "didn't register clicks" issue, it was significantly more frustrating than a leyline. I missed two of the questions but I'm going to wait to try again until I get home and hope it works better from my desktop because it's really frustrating to do like this.

Oh yeah, I did it on my PC. This is probably a mobile issue, I heard the restaurant thing also had problems on mobile.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Ashenai posted:

Oh yeah, I did it on my PC. This is probably a mobile issue, I heard the restaurant thing also had problems on mobile.

Weird, I have the opposite issue where the in-game browser works fine on mobile but it's unusable on desktop

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Framboise posted:

It's strange that we don't really know what the 4*s are for the Albedo banner yet. I feel like we knew all the other upcoming ones at least a week or two in advance, and meanwhile we're a few days from v1.2 and still don't know beyond guessing "idk, Bennett and Sucrose?"

Maybe they change what 4* to include depending on initial reaction to the 5* so they can try to wring the most money out of people if it looks like no one's going to pull.

As for the event, it seems like they're already using it as a kind of survey because I got a lot of question about mechanics for characters. The UI is at least better than the Childe/Zhongli one a week or so ago.

moush fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Dec 18, 2020

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Levels also boost reaction dmg don’t they so if you have a mechanics magnet like Klee it should be worth it to level them. Like overload gets a 15% boost from 80 to 90.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

Ashenai posted:

I'm on my laptop, not mobile. Who knows.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok who has the best ult/ skill to kill these in 2 seconds?

I did it with big D before but I think I just got lucky.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i always climb the nearby wall and plunge attack them. the aoe is big enough to get them all

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Keqing will always do it if you have her, just stand roughly in the middle of them.

Most of the 5*s seems like they should actually, Childe's melee mode one is likely big enough. Of the 4's you could try Razor or Xianling?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you can always chip them down to low hp before using any sort of aoe/plunge attack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

I killed all of them today with a single Ning gate drop