Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

:drat:

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

twoday posted:

Mitch McConnell is such a loathesome ghoul, even more so than the others

My dad is constantly tearing up Facebook saying poo poo like "it's not too late for McConnell to do the honorable thing and HANG HIMSELF" and my mom has to be like... dear... I agree but let's not invite the FBI to come interrogate us maybe?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

showbiz_liz posted:

My dad is constantly tearing up Facebook saying poo poo like "it's not too late for McConnell to do the honorable thing and HANG HIMSELF" and my mom has to be like... dear... I agree but let's not invite the FBI to come interrogate us maybe?

get your dad a cspam account

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
dudes rock

https://twitter.com/jeremyslevin/status/1340088977060220928?s=20

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I'm just going to assume the battle of the dudes was part of a gangs of new york-style doctrinal conflict with the king of the bros.

I will not be accepting corrections at this time.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

I didn't think Harris had any friends aside from Klebold :confused:

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

yup. hosed up

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://twitter.com/regressiveelf/status/1339249247217090562?s=21

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

https://twitter.com/BonusEruptus/status/1339973236419866625?s=20

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

I need an AV of god beaming cancer onto my posts

THS
Sep 15, 2017

did you run that through a jpeg filter yourself

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1340131045191135233

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1340146061021626368

Brunch Covidian
Nov 21, 2020

by Pragmatica
Instead of using actual roast beef for these commercials they use green styrofoam blocks and then have a computer come in later and texture it with deepfake vaginas

for subliminal something something

ILLUMINATI

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Brunch Covidian posted:

Instead of using actual roast beef for these commercials they use green styrofoam blocks and then have a computer come in later and texture it with deepfake vaginas

for subliminal something something

ILLUMINATI

Before CGI the models used in fast food commercials tended to be visually augmented various kinds of things like plaster, shoe polish, shaving cream (for ice cream and shakes) and wax. You would not want to eat any of those physical models used in filming.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
that 5 for 5 deal was freaking epic. you could get 20 mozzarella sticks if you wanted. too much mozz. but it was an option, one we shall never see the like of in this age

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

indigi posted:

that 5 for 5 deal was freaking epic. you could get 20 mozzarella sticks if you wanted. too much mozz. but it was an option, one we shall never see the like of in this age

:eyepop:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
https://twitter.com/jtenzah/status/1339682902326460416?s=21

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Mr. Lobe posted:

Before CGI the models used in fast food commercials tended to be visually augmented various kinds of things like plaster, shoe polish, shaving cream (for ice cream and shakes) and wax. You would not want to eat any of those physical models used in filming.

while the FTC doesn't specifically forbid non-food stuff use in ads via "truth in advertising laws" or whatever, most of that stuff about styrofoam and other completely fake poo poo is not real - it's almost always real food that they use, typically sourced the same as whatever they're advertising even, because if they don't it can get earn them bad press if it's leaked and they still hafta tell the truth when asked and whatnot if anyone follows up. and c'mon, it's a cutthroat industry, you know that'll happen

instead what the industry uses "food stylists" that are completely insane people who essentially sculpt these shots from the real deal

though i've heard about about the shaving cream for cold foams (since it'll otherwise melt under the lights) and elmer's glue for splashing milk and stuff, most of the really wild stuff is either from like the 80s or just plain wrong. like think plastic ice cubes and a raw burger that's been blowtorched to look cooked, not like asbestos buns and plastic meat

instead they just have runners go buy like 100 of whatever they need across a day of shooting or shoot in a refrigerated room or something, picking and choosing and frankensciencing it all together until it's how they want. you wouldn't want to eat it because it's been handled by a team of guys and left out for a couple of hours under hot lights after being brushed by vegetable oil and rubbing alcohol

people have a lotta misconceptions about food photography and it's completely stupid and gross for entirely different reasons

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

while the FTC doesn't specifically forbid non-food stuff use in ads via "truth in advertising laws" or whatever, most of that stuff about styrofoam and other completely fake poo poo is not real - it's almost always real food that they use, typically sourced the same as whatever they're advertising even, because if they don't it can get earn them bad press if it's leaked and they still hafta tell the truth when asked and whatnot if anyone follows up. and c'mon, it's a cutthroat industry, you know that'll happen

instead what the industry uses "food stylists" that are completely insane people who essentially sculpt these shots from the real deal

though i've heard about about the shaving cream for cold foams (since it'll otherwise melt under the lights) and elmer's glue for splashing milk and stuff, most of the really wild stuff is either from like the 80s or just plain wrong. like think plastic ice cubes and a raw burger that's been blowtorched to look cooked, not like asbestos buns and plastic meat

instead they just have runners go buy like 100 of whatever they need across a day of shooting or shoot in a refrigerated room or something, picking and choosing and frankensciencing it all together until it's how they want. you wouldn't want to eat it because it's been handled by a team of guys and left out for a couple of hours under hot lights after being brushed by vegetable oil and rubbing alcohol

people have a lotta misconceptions about food photography and it's completely stupid and gross for entirely different reasons

yeah, my cousin did some side photography gigs backing up a food photographer a few years ago and it was basically this

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

indigi posted:

the 5 for 5 was so incredible, def one of my favorite meals when I worked on an ambulance with no station (so eat out or byofood)

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i'm still enraged at jack in the box dropping their fried cheese menu item

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i'm still enraged at jack in the box dropping their fried cheese menu item

Was this like, mozzarella sticks or something

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
yes. :rip:

at least pizza hut is continuing essential research into fried cheeses

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm reminded of how making food props for movies and theatre is its own bizarre science, considering the stuff's meant to look real and edible and sometimes is at least food, but completely different food than it's supposed to be. Lots of food dye and bananas are involved, iirc.

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yes. :rip:

at least pizza hut is continuing essential research into fried cheeses

Pizza Hut has been trying unsuccessfully for two decades to come up with a sequel to their stuffed crust

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/search?q=from%3Asamoyedcore%20%22love%20to%20be%20named%22&src=typed_query&f=live

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

lol mormon names

go ahead and click play if you thought you knew white people names

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfIehCrO4Zs

gumdrops
Sep 12, 2016

Wasn’t that tasty tbh

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Amazing.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

lol the IED that hit him in Afghanistan must’ve just been a firecracker lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad