Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
yeah the problem is everyone in the imp zone hates super mario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

powerful trolling technique "be insufferable and make everyone hate me" wins again

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Fungah! posted:

powerful trolling technique "be insufferable and make everyone hate me" wins again

one day I'll be as funny as this and everyone will like me

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

absolutely anything posted:

yeah the problem is everyone in the imp zone hates super mario

we hate games here in the imp zone

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

The final boss sprites in FFV are loving awesome.

you can really see the progression from those to the ffVI final battle, which is just like a tower of renaissance paintings in sprite form.

i also like how plain ExDeath is just sort of a reworked Golbez and they're both just final fantasy darth vader.

there's something really charming about the sprites that i miss now that the designers spend 15 years developing a single 3D bush.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

once I tried to play a jrpg (mario odyssey) but dropped that poo poo in the trash after the new york level. music too annoying, movement combos too hard to remember. just put more buttons on the controller

hurr.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
My favorite Imp Zone interaction is when a bunch of people are posting about the games they love to play and then some lurker comes in and posts "what if Mario farted on Bowser's pubes!! :xd:" and then has a meltdown when people tell them to stfu.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

gonna gently caress around and preorder badlurs gate 3

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

now that impmas is almost upon us it's time for me to start my DQ11 playthrough on Switch. wasn't really up to replaying it when i first got it, but now is the time for comfy gaming.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

now that impmas is almost upon us it's time for me to start my DQ11 playthrough on Switch. wasn't really up to replaying it when i first got it, but now is the time for comfy gaming.

i think im gonna do that in january, im feeling kind of rpg burnt out right now

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

although maybe i'll start a new romancing saga 3 save...

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bolverkur posted:

gonna start playing it for the first time pretty quick, first DQ I've played since the NES ones

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

gonna start playing it for the first time pretty quick, first DQ I've played since the NES ones

oh man, youre in for a treat

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

feeling the urge to pick up and finish bravely default before the new sequel comes out. i like the bonuses you get for finishing fights quickly. it makes random encounters more like a puzzle

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

oh man, youre in for a treat

one of my favorite things about a good RPG is when you get to see someone who has never played it before pick it up for the first time, it's like when you see a good movie and gotta show it to a friend you know would like it.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

DQXI is my favorite game of this generation

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i've been holding off on it because i was going to use it as my streaming fundraiser game for the cystic fibrosis walk. i do a game every year and just raise a couple hundred dollars from friends of friends, but the walk was canceled for COVID, obviously, so things have been sort of weird. i think early next year i'll try it even if they aren't ready to do the walk.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Bicyclops posted:

i've been holding off on it because i was going to use it as my streaming fundraiser game for the cystic fibrosis walk. i do a game every year and just raise a couple hundred dollars from friends of friends, but the walk was canceled for COVID, obviously, so things have been sort of weird. i think early next year i'll try it even if they aren't ready to do the walk.

youre in for a treat my dude

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Hell yeah

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

There's a new Bravely Default 2 demo with the changes they've made included. gonna check it out

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

There's a new Bravely Default 2 demo with the changes they've made included. gonna check it out

apparently its a chunk of the first chapter, only saves dont carry over into the full version. think i'm just gonna hold off, i'm sure i'll be getting the full version anyway

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

yeah i just played a few battles since that was my main concern. it seems much more clear about what's actually happening, and overall "snappier" feeling to them. character models still look weird to me but idc that much about that

there's so many rpgs coming out around that time i might have to skip this one for the time being tho

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

gonna gently caress around and preorder badlurs gate 3
gently caress yeah im trying to save it for the full release but i grew up on baldurs2 and dos2 is maybe my favorite rpg ever so im all in

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
God drat I can't wait for SMT5. Just gonna spend hours loving up demons while chilling with my main man Baphomet, using hella instant death skills

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

little munchkin posted:

potions are for killing elites/bosses in sts, not to save for emergencies

thats hard

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

40 lbs to freedom posted:

gently caress yeah im trying to save it for the full release but i grew up on baldurs2 and dos2 is maybe my favorite rpg ever so im all in

I’m definitely not playing early access

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Witcher 2 is only a couple of bucks on gog so I might start that

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
its cool but it has absolutely the worst combat of any game ever made. this is not a joke

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
What's cool in jrpg if the only ones i haven't bounced off in years are replaying 10 and 10-2?

mysterious loyall X posted:

its cool but it has absolutely the worst combat of any game ever made. this is not a joke

it's cool that witcher 2 geralt can only pregame potions and they expire during dialogue.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

did you play witcher 1

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

did you play witcher 1

yes

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
witcher 1 combat is bad but they made it worse in 2 since they tried to like make a real action rpg type thing isntead of the bizarro rpg rhythm game in witcher 1

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

one thing's for sure about a 2005 reg with a clean sheet and two posts outside the video game subs: he knows his limitations

Oh my god shut the gently caress up you obnoxious retard.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

witcher 1 combat is bad but they made it worse in 2 since they tried to like make a real action rpg type thing isntead of the bizarro rpg rhythm game in witcher 1

I beat the entirety of witcher 1 with all sidequests in 2009 while i was addicted to methadone and stealing electricity from my landlord and I honestly have no idea how that rhhyythm poo poo or the stances even worked. I think I just brute forced quicksaves until I won

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I installed a cheat mod that gave me unlimited Igni and just spammed it every combat

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

I beat the entirety of witcher 1 with all sidequests in 2009 while i was addicted to methadone and stealing electricity from my landlord and I honestly have no idea how that rhhyythm poo poo or the stances even worked. I think I just brute forced quicksaves until I won

suddnely got a new found respect for this guy

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lol

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lol sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

geralt just sort of does aard arbitrarily like a dog