Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadpan
Feb 2, 2004

You see, in order to get Zizek you really need to read Lacan. But I know what you're thinking: Lacan is rambling gibberish, how can I be expected make sense of this?

Well, good news. They finally cracked the code:

https://twitter.com/betonniste/status/1338991098824445953

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Get this guy to do it

https://twitter.com/shrimpJAJ/status/1339306799770587140

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
https://twitter.com/JohnDelaney/status/1339808789688537088

:suicide:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
I want more useless leaders who look like me.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

John Delaney has inspired babies across the world!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Never forget that John Delaney is ripped as poo poo and will tear you in half like a phone book

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

FlamingLiberal posted:

Will's been watching DS9 lately so I would love a Trek episode

They did a Trek episode except it was on a show called Cum Town.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

COWARD DELETED

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
"What endures is changing how young people think of government" made Diane Feinstein's enduring, rotting rear end flash through my mind

THS
Sep 15, 2017

feels very felix

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Stop stalking my posts in the Snyderdome thread

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I liked the Zizek interview it's very Zizek.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Zizek seems to genuinely like Virgil for some reason. Normally he can barely hide his contempt for whoever is interviewing him.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Virgil's nice

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea I genuinely wouldn't be shocked if he just likes the nice boy who seems to genuinely care about political analysis as a concept. Like, if you were in a field full of so many dishonest hacks it'd not be surprising to like the guy who just genuinely wants to ask you a question, listen to your answer, and use that as a springboard and all

deadpan
Feb 2, 2004

The Kingfish posted:

Zizek seems to genuinely like Virgil for some reason. Normally he can barely hide his contempt for whoever is interviewing him.

He's just following the first rule of interacting with Virgil, which is you're not allowed to get mad at him.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

deadpan posted:

He's just following the first rule of interacting with Virgil, which is you're not allowed to get mad at him.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I like Virgil too

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
virgil's nice good boy act allows him to fire off some real good bangers now and then taking everyone by surprise

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

virgil texas, they call him the sniper

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Zizek asking Virgil to terrorize him a bit was just adorable.

He needs to be in the next Tabletop session. He'd rant about the concept of initiative being an illusion and storm out bored, but it'd be great.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

"Why don't you buy a proper cigar?"

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

deadpan posted:

lol

E:

shame on an IGA posted:

"Why don't you buy a proper cigar?"

Loved this too. I think Virgil’s deadpan “it’s healthy” might have gone over Zizek’s head tho unfortunately.

The Kingfish fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Dec 19, 2020

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

deadpan posted:

You see, in order to get Zizek you really need to read Lacan. But I know what you're thinking: Lacan is rambling gibberish, how can I be expected make sense of this?

Well, good news. They finally cracked the code:

https://twitter.com/betonniste/status/1338991098824445953

Wasn’t Lacan the guy who didn’t like to write and preferred to develop his thoughts by lecture? Makes sense to me.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Lacan these nuts

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

The Kingfish posted:

Wasn’t Lacan the guy who didn’t like to write and preferred to develop his thoughts by lecture? Makes sense to me.

lacan “cushbomb” christman

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I enjoyed both the chapo and bad faith eps with zizek and wish he was my communist granpa. Also lol at the vape interaction and Virgil trying to convince him to play New Vegas.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Law Cheetah posted:

lacan “cushbomb” christman

I’d like to see an interaction between the two of them.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Maybe the translation is terrible but Lacan is unreadable in English, like even worse than Derrida. There is an English writer called Bruce Fink who explains what he was on about in fairly clear terms. Just putting that out there in case someone punishes themselves for no reason trying to read Lacan, you will have a bad time if you do.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
If you want to read incomprehensible continental philosophy just read Benjamin’s “Arcades”.

It makes a great companion to Matt’s theory episodes/tangents.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cael posted:

Lacan these nuts

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Virgil: "I don't wear a mask"

Briahna: "Does your risk taking attitude gives you insight to the behavior of trump supporters?"

Virgil: "I do wear a mask. Please don't get mad at me."

The bad faith interview was good too.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Cael posted:

Lacan these nuts

stav_yes_11.ogg

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

On his most recent stream Matt has confirmed that the squirrel is not Amber's pet. It is just one member of the squirrel colony that Amber has befriended

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Gripweed posted:

On his most recent stream Matt has confirmed that the squirrel is not Amber's pet. It is just one member of the squirrel colony that Amber has befriended

We need to stop her

She can't keep getting away with this!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

Some holler poo poo right there

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Amber Frost: Friend of Nature

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Hate to hear that the squirrels are ableist

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Squirrel Girl origin story incoming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Goofballs posted:

Maybe the translation is terrible but Lacan is unreadable in English, like even worse than Derrida. There is an English writer called Bruce Fink who explains what he was on about in fairly clear terms. Just putting that out there in case someone punishes themselves for no reason trying to read Lacan, you will have a bad time if you do.

Zizek’s book in Lacan is good too even if he completely ignores half of what Lacan was saying.