Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

MazelTovCocktail posted:

More recently I had a chance to watch the last few episodes the clone wars and Jesus Christ the animation on the last two is fantastic. Also great episodes too.

That was a rare opportunity to go back and produce a coda to a project that was cut short. They made the very most of it.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

It’s funny how the prequel movies are not good, but they laid the groundwork for a lot of good spin off stuff that would’ve never have happened, except for the prequel trilogy being made.

Each of the prequels badly needed someone Lucas trusted tearing his early drafts apart and critiquing his dailies, daily. There was a lot of potential left on the table because Lucas could, personally, afford to go into pre-production without a completed draft of the script.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Yeah the broad plot of the prequels has turned out to be a remarkably solid foundation for more storytelling, regardless of how you feel about the movies themselves.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Looking forward to Temuera Morrison getting double the work by starring in the Boba Fett show, and co-starring as Rex in the Ahsoka show!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

Looking forward to Temuera Morrison getting double the work by starring in the Boba Fett show, and co-starring as Rex in the Ahsoka show!

Rex is probably like 90 in clone years by now

But then again Clone Wars character aging is all over the map. Bo-Katan should be in her early 50s (at least) but looks 40, and Boba Fett should be about 40 but looks about 60.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Dec 19, 2020

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

General Dog posted:

There's a whole plot about Ahsoka finding a 'cure' for the clone rapid aging process that Filoni has under his hat

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I think these are all good points, if you broadly told someone the story, it’s pretty good/decent, granted I’m talking fairly high level. But Jesus Christ are they badly executed. Definitely a good outline to build upon.

Yeah I remember they announcing the last season, but I didn’t expect the animation to be so much better then Rebels. Granted I only saw up until Vader arrived.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

General Dog posted:

But then again Clone Wars character aging is all over the map. Bo-Katan should be in her early 50s (at least) but looks 40, and Boba Fett should be about 40 but looks about 60.

I chalk Bo-Katan up to being very fit, good breeding (literally royalty), and very little sun damage from all the helmet wearing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

NTRabbit posted:

There's a whole plot about Ahsoka finding a 'cure' for the clone rapid aging process that Filoni has under his hat

Introducing the ice batch, a platoon of clones kept in stasis for just the right time but forgotten and lost in the war.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

thrawn527 posted:

“This is another announcement” doesn’t mean an announcement of another show. And “The Book of Boba Fett” would fit with “The Book of Din” having been what we’ve been watching this whole time, what with all the episodes being chapters and all.

All I’m saying is that we don’t know yet. I’m hoping for an announcement soon.

When have we ever seen anything called "The Book of Din"?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Disney isn’t going to swap out protagonists for the wildly successful flagship program of their streaming service, hth.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Introducing the ice batch, a platoon of clones kept in stasis for just the right time but forgotten and lost in the war.

This is actually canon for Kix, the 501st medic. It was in a short story collection or something, but dude got kidnapped and put in cryostasis by the Separatists but then their ship was shot down and he got left there for like 25 years.

Lol star wars

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

General Dog posted:

Boba spent a non-zero amount of time being digested by a Sarlacc

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

jivjov posted:

When have we ever seen anything called "The Book of Din"?

Star Wars cinema audience in 1980: "When have we ever seen anything called Episode IV?"

They may retroactively reframe season 1 and 2 as "The Book of Din Djarin" or something like that IF season 3 turns out to be "The Book of Boba Fett" and not another show.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

It's more Star Wars, what other reason do I need to look forward to something?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vinylshadow posted:

I think we all need to give more credit to how awesome it is that she just takes a big swig of booze and posts up.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I think we all need to give more credit to how awesome it is that she just takes a big swig of booze and posts up.

Filoni needs to lay off the bringing characters back from the dead schtick before he screws one up. He hasn't yet, and Crime Queen Fennec is just more proof, but he's going to blow one if he keeps it up.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

mllaneza posted:

Filoni needs to lay off the bringing characters back from the dead schtick before he screws one up. He hasn't yet, and Crime Queen Fennec is just more proof, but he's going to blow one if he keeps it up.

If Filoni wants to blow a jedi what business is it of yours

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Fennec can be Bobas +1 to Dengars wedding

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

This aged hilariously well.

Honestly I didn’t mean for this post just to be a dick post. It’s just the first thing I saw when I started looking in the thread, and accidentally clicked next page, to see if there was big op. It’s kind of funny considering I do remember hearing this viewpoint a lot..Boba the Putz and all, and it’s just humorous how much has changed in the last few years.

More recently I had a chance to watch the last few episodes the clone wars and Jesus Christ the animation on the last two is fantastic. Also great episodes too. It’s funny how the prequel movies are not good, but they laid the groundwork for a lot of good spin off stuff that would’ve never have happened, except for the prequel trilogy being made.

Yeah I now have to roll back that meme, because Boba is actually good and cool now.

drat you, Mandalorian, for making Boba Fett actually awesome!

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

General Dog posted:

Yeah, it’s kind of crazy. Fennec is the same way, she’s supposed to be in her late 50s and she looks to be in her 40s. Sheesh.

But seriously, some people are treated by age better than others. Poor Luke and Leia, Sequel trilogy really should have been set a further ten years later.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Strong comic book cover vibes

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Lord Hydronium posted:

Baby Plo Koon is gonna be huge.

Dave Filoni account spotted

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Teek posted:

Yeah, it’s kind of crazy. Fennec is the same way, she’s supposed to be in her late 50s and she looks to be in her 40s. Sheesh.

But seriously, some people are treated by age better than others. Poor Luke and Leia, Sequel trilogy really should have been set a further ten years later.

Ming-Na Wen is actually 57. She's just incredibly fit and takes good care of her skin. She actually looks even younger in real life.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Marsupial Ape posted:

Ming-Na Wen is actually 57. She's just incredibly fit and takes good care of her skin. She actually looks even younger in real life.

I did a double-take when I learned Carl Weathers is 72

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Marsupial Ape posted:

:thejoke:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Vinylshadow posted:

I need this as a high res wallpaper.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

:agreed: So loving awesome.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Death Troopers from Rogue One are 1000 times cooler than Dark Troopers, prove me wrong. Gideon, just juice those guys up a little and you'd be golden.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Marsupial Ape posted:

If you really want to look good as you age an hour of working out a day a gallon of water a balanced diet and basically no drinking.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Mae posted:

Death Troopers from Rogue One are 1000 times cooler than Dark Troopers, prove me wrong. Gideon, just juice those guys up a little and you'd be golden.

I agree but it's better optics for the galaxy's most powerful Jedi to rip through a couple dozen war droids than it is to slaughter guys in armor.

Also lets be honest, Dark Troopers are red meat for 90s star wars fans.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Mae posted:

Mando's fight against the one DT was great, it was like SW's version of Robocop vs. Terminator. But as any kind of regular or recurring threat, yeah, people will always be better than robots (except on the content rating, of course).

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Dark Troopers can fly, have blaster resistant armor, have super droid-strength, are fireproof, don't breathe oxygen.

Death Troopers look dope and speak in code.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Until proven otherwise my head canon is that Death Troopers were Phase 1 of the Dark Trooper program.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

AndyElusive posted:

Dark Troopers can fly, have blaster resistant armor, have super droid-strength, are fireproof, don't breathe oxygen.

But imagine if they had force powers!!!!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Dark Forces Saga adaptation when?

Give me some Reborn and Shadowtroopers throwing down with Luke's Jedi Academy prior to its destruction

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Thank you.

The series needs to do the young but old thing for a human character at some point, just to drive that point home about species aging differently. Not like a kid as an adult thing, but an actor in their late 20s who is supposed to be a character in their 40s or something.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

AndyElusive posted:

In the game the program developed in the opposite direction, with the droid version being the prototype and the final suit version basically being Star Wars' 40K Space Marines.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Who do you think would win in a fight, Ming Na-Wen or Michelle Yeoh?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Moon Slayer posted:

Who do you think would win in a fight, Ming Na-Wen or Michelle Yeoh?

Only one of them played Chun-Li

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

drat, Michelle Yeoh would've been a badass Chun-Li.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Here’s a question- is it possible that Grogu spent a large portion of the time between the Clone Wars and the present in some sort of suspended animation? Only ask because of Ahsoka’s comment that his memory becomes “dark” for that time period, and it opens up the possibility that his development process isn’t as glacial as we might assume otherwise.