Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
man jj sucks so much how does a lovely cartoonist become a “just asking questions” political commentator, it is hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006
If you think his articles are bad, you should check out his youtube channel, where he speaks and moves like a Canadian character in the South Park movie in addition to having terrible opinions about everything.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
no thank you sir!!

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

lol

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOcassuiz6o&t=641s

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

time to put on my mask, my ordinary mask i'm accustomed to wearing in normal ways

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

pokeyman posted:

makes sense

I honestly can't tell if you're joking about avoiding r&d as a matter of policy. I assume not but that's such a hilariously odd policy

Not in one specific policy, but there's enough bureaucratic insanity in this country that it's very real.

If you can cut it down or dig it up, though, you're golden. As long as you export it.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

hahahaha

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.

DariusLikewise posted:

lol congrats Canada we did it, we hosed everyone else somehow

https://twitter.com/id4ro/status/1339391785517367298?s=21

I wish this was true

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

linoleum floors posted:

I wish this was true

We will gladly share our excess supply with poorer nations.

*Offer void in Venezuela and Bolivia.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

Normy posted:

There's no excess supply. It's unknown how many actual doses will make it to market. It's just hedging to make sure we have enough. Canada is also funding covax. I'm no fan of the liberals but I can't see how I would do anything else to make sure everyone is vaccinated. That's the end goal isn't it?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

vyelkin posted:

no u see nothing is written down so justin trudeau will get the governor-general to declare that he is now king of canada and legally there's nothing in the rulebook that says a dog can't play basketball bing bong boom so simple

conservatives: justin trudope, hahah stupid drama teacher, what a moron, everyone doesnt respect canada because of this dumb dumb prime minister
also conservatives: justin trudeau is masterminding a coup

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Normy posted:

It’s not a zero-sum vaccine game, if we sell the leftover supply to the Americans or to other people we can efficiently transport it to the net result is that two nations are mostly vaccinated.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

DariusLikewise posted:

conservatives: justin trudope, hahah stupid drama teacher, what a moron, everyone doesnt respect canada because of this dumb dumb prime minister

The enemy being strong and weak at the same time is fascism 101

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
:umberto:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

also conservatives: if Donald trump doesn’t do a coup then America is lost

https://twitter.com/opsoctober6/status/1339445490316881920?s=21

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

vyelkin posted:

no u see nothing is written down so justin trudeau will get the governor-general to declare that he is now king of canada and legally there's nothing in the rulebook that says a dog can't play basketball bing bong boom so simple

I actually wrote the global opinion editor about this one its ridiculous.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/apapenheim/status/1339500029741035520?s=21

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

It completely avoids Winnipeg! Yeah, that is pretty good.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Clearly you’ve never been to the Narcisse Snake Pit.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

im the gander st pierre line

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lol that anyone would need to travel to sarnia at 220mph

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
yeah but what about away from?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
well it correctly isolates toronna from the rest of the country

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
yeah, except for that link to sarnia it's pretty ideal, really.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

infernal machines posted:

yeah, except for that link to sarnia it's pretty ideal, really.

swont is uniformly terrible and it all deserves each other

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Okay I legit love the idea of being able to hop on a train and see the north.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Maybe it'll happen as the rest of north america becomes an increasingly unlivable hellscape

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
BECOMES? :wth:

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

what if instead the government started and ran an airline and

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

I think I'd rather the chadox vaccine instead of the pfizer one, hopefully they approve it soon

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i want the russian sputnik vaccine. how much of that did we get?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

RBC posted:

There's no excess supply. It's unknown how many actual doses will make it to market. It's just hedging to make sure we have enough. Canada is also funding covax. I'm no fan of the liberals but I can't see how I would do anything else to make sure everyone is vaccinated. That's the end goal isn't it?

let everyone ignore patents for a year so we can make more vaccine and get it everywhere

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

beautiful

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The legacy Pallister deserves

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Well that's a shame. Should have done goatse, IMO. A timeless classic (And Pallister IS a giant rear end in a top hat).

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Randalor posted:

Well that's a shame. Should have done goatse, IMO. A timeless classic (And Pallister IS a giant rear end in a top hat).

A giant rear end in a top hat who got very favorable reviews from media who'd never heard of him before as a result of his chastising "idiots" for not taking COVID seriously enough.

"Now here's a leader who is taking the problem seriously." That sort of sentiment. And yet if they knew the backstory, they would not have been holding him up as an example.

It's kind of like the Tom Cruise situation where he verbally beatdown his crew, except in his case people should know enough about his Scientology background and other odious behaviour.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

He already announced that he's resigning "retiring" in 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

From this mortal coil, I hope, in a manner as dignified as he is.