Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
.5 PPR can't decide on my flex

Cam Akers vNYJ
Mike Davis @GB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

VietCampo posted:

.5 PPR can't decide on my flex

Cam Akers vNYJ
Mike Davis @GB

Ooh, that's a tough one. They both have big upside and good matchups. I'd probably lean Akers just because the team seems to be forming around him, as opposed to Davis just being the fill in, and the Jets being the better matchup, but I'm not sure there's a wrong answer there.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Can’t believe I’m asking this but

Herbert @ LV tonight without Williams and a limited Allen

or

Rivers vs HOU and their lovely defense Sunday

Right now I’ve got Herbert but as the clock winds down I’m getting antsy about it. If I played Rivers I’d be going all in on Indy vs Houston because I’ll have Taylor going too.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

coronaball posted:

Who are your other starting WRs and flexes? Tough to bench either Hilton or Evans right now, especially with those matchups.

Davante Adams and Stefon Diggs are my starting WRs, other flex options are way worse

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Vargo posted:

Making some decisions before tonight's Thursday game,.5 PPR

QB:
Justin Herbert v LV
Big Ben @ CIN

FLEX:
Nelson Agholor vs LAC
James Conner @ CIN
Keke Coutee @IND

Salvon Ahmed and Gus Edwards are both on the Waiver Wire, too.

Herbert's been disappointing lately and I'm worried about him missing some weapons.

I like Nelson better than the other options but.... Thursday game.

Any thoughts on this before game time?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Pick one, .5 PPR Yahoo

T Lockett @ Washington
N Agholor vs Chargers
JK Dobbins vs Jax

Leaning towards Agholor. Lockett has really only had one double digit game since October and Washington will be tough.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Santheb posted:

Can’t believe I’m asking this but

Herbert @ LV tonight without Williams and a limited Allen

or

Rivers vs HOU and their lovely defense Sunday

Right now I’ve got Herbert but as the clock winds down I’m getting antsy about it. If I played Rivers I’d be going all in on Indy vs Houston because I’ll have Taylor going too.

Herbert but the reason it’s a hard pick is because Rivers and TY have gotten it together. Both are good options.

But go Herbert. He’s going to dink and dunk to Ekeler.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
K. Allen is a go but will be on a rep count.

My only alternative are Tyler Boyd and Tyron Johnson. Allen is still the better option, right?

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Suave Fedora posted:

Herbert but the reason it’s a hard pick is because Rivers and TY have gotten it together. Both are good options.

But go Herbert. He’s going to dink and dunk to Ekeler.

Thanks, that’s who I’m going to stick with I guess. I asked here and two other people and all three said Big Herbs.

What do you think about Rivers vs Watson? I guess DeShaun is always a threat to get it done but the matchup for Rivers and the resurrection of TY is tempting

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Goedert or Logan Thomas at TE this week? Its consolation bowl for me but still want to feel out the vibe. Tight Ends blow.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Goedert or Logan Thomas at TE this week? Its consolation bowl for me but still want to feel out the vibe. Tight Ends blow.

Eagles fan here: don't trust the Eagles.

I'm also playing Thomas for what it's worth.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

TommyGun85 posted:

K. Allen is a go but will be on a rep count.

My only alternative are Tyler Boyd and Tyron Johnson. Allen is still the better option, right?

And of course I made the wrong choice by starting Allen over Johnson.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Santheb posted:

Thanks, that’s who I’m going to stick with I guess. I asked here and two other people and all three said Big Herbs.

What do you think about Rivers vs Watson? I guess DeShaun is always a threat to get it done but the matchup for Rivers and the resurrection of TY is tempting

Watson. Guys like Rivers and Big Ben don’t offer the same upside.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Fentry posted:

It was close before but definitely Akers now

Just wanted to say thank you for this advice (Akers over Allen). Don't know what Akers will do, but it will likely be better than the almost nothing Allen did last night.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probably over thinking this but

Russ Wilson @was

Or

Goff v NyJ
Rivers vs Hou
Brees vs KC

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Dec 18, 2020

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
With Brees back... Thomas over Jefferson?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Thomas seems to have taken a turn for the worse on that ankle if it isn't gamesmanship. I went to go put him back in my lineup and then read the recent report and I'm still gonna wait until the last second.

Also people love to hate on the Chiefs defense but somehow they're number 2 against receivers.

quote:

Thomas (ankle) was a non-participant at Thursday's practice, Field Yates of ESPN reports.
Spin: With another absence under his belt this week, Thomas may be trending in the wrong direction as the Saints prepare for Sunday's game versus the Chiefs. In the end, his listing on Friday's injury report will be telling with regard to his Week 15 availability. If Thomas is able to gut out the ankle injury that's followed him throughout the campaign, he could be working with Taysom Hill or Drew Brees (ribs), who was designated to return from IR on Wednesday.

worst first round pick I've had since Le'veon Bell sat

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Alex Smith ruled out this week

For me at flex, James Robinson@BAL or David Montgomery@MIN?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

kiimo posted:

Thomas seems to have taken a turn for the worse on that ankle if it isn't gamesmanship. I went to go put him back in my lineup and then read the recent report and I'm still gonna wait until the last second.

Also people love to hate on the Chiefs defense but somehow they're number 2 against receivers.

worst first round pick I've had since Le'veon Bell sat

Oh I'm with you. gently caress Michael Thomas. But at this point for my WR2 spot, after sitting Keenan Allen, it's either him or Robert Woods, and while it's a good matchup, I just can't trust Woods in a semifinal game, so come on down Michael Thomas.

I have to keep hope alive.

edit: Welp, gently caress me, right? Thomas is out.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Dec 18, 2020

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
Just look at this poo poo. I promise you this is a highly competitive hybrid-Dynasty league.

Coasting into the playoffs with the confidence of the US Men's Olympic basketball team.

edit: don't worry, when this implodes on Sunday I will come back to join in the making fun of my hubris

Franks Happy Place fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Dec 18, 2020

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Makes sense that Thomas is a bust until the end. I'm weak at WR and strong at RB, but no one trades in my league.

Pick two WR please. Half PPR.

Moore @ GB
Parker vs NE
AB84 @ ATL
Coutee @ IND

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm glad Michael Thomas made my decision easier. Rest in piss

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Just can't make up my mind on D/ST. Holding WAS for next week and they may be a strong play this week...but my qb is Wilson.

Current start is TEN because of DET with Chase Daniels. But I could also snag SEA to go against Haskins. Feel like whatever decision I make will be the wrong one here.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Is Jalen Hurts worth starting over Tannehill? The matchup against Detroit is nice, but that game probably won't be competitive at all and I can see Tennessee just giving Henry the ball 30 times.

Also, I have Seattle in my DST slot, but Buffalo, Miami, and Tennessee are all available and have great matchups.

ElectricRelaxation fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Dec 19, 2020

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

Is Jalen Hurts worth starting over Tannehill? The matchup against Detroit is nice, but that game probably won't be competitive at all and I can see Tennessee just giving Henry the ball 30 times.

Also, I have Seattle in my DST slot, but Buffalo, Miami, and Tennessee are all available and have great matchups.

I'm going with Buffalo but who knows which Denver offense shows up.

I'm having trouble with these last 3 spots in my lineup. Non-PPR.

Fournette vs Gordon as my RB2 I'm leaning Fournette based purely on Melvin's injury. But then in the flex I sort of want to start Gesicki who I also want to start in the TE spot. Any advice would be great

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Well, since I'd already benched Allen ahead of Thursday and now Thomas is out, I need to choose a WR in 2 PPR between, uh, Claypool (@ CIN) or Beasley (@ DEN)?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Since I apparently need to start squeezing more points out of my broken team now:

Kirk Cousins v Chi
Matt Ryan v TB

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

xeria posted:

Well, since I'd already benched Allen ahead of Thursday and now Thomas is out, I need to choose a WR in 2 PPR between, uh, Claypool (@ CIN) or Beasley (@ DEN)?

Can't freeze the Beas'

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

I have the same dilemma and I'm starting Tannehill (6 pa TD). He has a safer floor and he's had big games against crappy defenses. Do you really want to depend on a rookie in his second ever start?

thrawn527 posted:

Since I apparently need to start squeezing more points out of my broken team now:

Kirk Cousins v Chi
Matt Ryan v TB

Julio is out and Ryan is usually no good without him. I agree that Cousins is the better play here.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

The Zack posted:

Julio is out and Ryan is usually no good without him. I agree that Cousins is the better play here.

I agree with this. Ryan has been top 3 in passing attempts all year but has put up garbage scores without Julio.

On that note, 6-pt passing tds.

Matt Ryan v. TB
Chase Daniel @TEN
Colt McCoy v. CLE

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Woof. I'd go Ryan there. Are Trubisky or Hurts available?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

20-team league so the only other available QB is Haskins. :cripes:

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
No PPR, need a TE.

Irv Smith v Chi
Goedert @ Ari

Goedert didn't do a lot last week with Hurts, Irv has a plus matchup and no Rudolph. Last time the Vikings played the Bears they couldn't get anything going with Cooks until Hicks got hurt, so should have to throw it. Am I overthinking it to put Smith in? Vikings homer so I might be overly high on Smith.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

On top of my disaster are RB now with Michael Thomas out I need a WR. 0 ppr.

Russell Gage v TB
Antonio Brown @ ATL
Jerry Jeudy v BUF (playing today)
Jamison Crowder @ LAR

I regret trading Jefferson and Hunt for CMC, though I'm still favored to win by 13pts against Mahomes & scrubs.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

xeria posted:

The Beasles

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I’m waffling.

TEN vs DET (Stafford leaning towards playing but one pop in the middle could end him)

TB @ ATL (JJ is out)

Choices....

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Suave Fedora posted:

I’m waffling.

TEN vs DET (Stafford leaning towards playing but one pop in the middle could end him)

TB @ ATL (JJ is out)

Choices....

I see those as very close, but I would nudge toward TEN since I would rank them them fairly even with Stafford playing normally, but if he is not playing well due to injury or out at some point in the game I think it would tip the potential points to favor TEN.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Dec 19, 2020

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Pain of Mind posted:

I see those as very close, but I would nudge toward TEN since I would rank them them fairly even with Stafford playing normally, but if he is not playing well due to injury or out at some point in the game I think it would tip the potential points to favor TEN.

I’m leaning TEN as well. Much ‘ppreciated.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Fournette @ ATL or Melvin Gordon vs BUF in a non-PPR? I still have no idea but it looks like MG3 is playing today after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Stafford @ TEN
Lock vs BUF (today)

I am leaning Lock because of Stafford's health, and I will not have a replacement since Lock plays first. Reports are saying Stafford is likely to play though.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Dec 19, 2020