Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

History Comes Inside! posted:

What the gently caress is Seth gonna do to end up busted down to Main Event or 205 Live?

say that he wants to spend more time with his newborn when they ask him to go on the road again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

BodyMassageMachine posted:

"Pineapple Pete” had very limited shelf-life.

He should've been canned, but we're in a pandemic.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

BodyMassageMachine posted:

I’m glad Suge didn’t stick around in AEW since “Pineapple Pete” had very limited shelf-life. Jumping to WWE extra work was probably a misstep (but hey, cool payday), but sticking around in AEW was only going to lead to sticking at the bottom of the jobber totem pole (which, given how AEW treats it’s lowcard job guys, wouldn’t have been bad at all, but seems like Suge wants to be “more” than that).

If he's working, and it seems like he is, this is the right way to use those appearances. He has more eyes on him and now he's doing the "I'm just not pineapple pete" of making a bigger name on the indies that will help him if he wants to go back to wwe or aew at some point in a bigger spot.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Oh, I hear the Battle Cry my friends

https://twitter.com/chubbyredguy/status/1339830928403795968?s=21

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

This is nerdy as hell but could be much worse. It could be on his neck.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1340039676959182848

facts!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Dave, thank you

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Vince MechMahon posted:

This is nerdy as hell but could be much worse. It could be on his neck.

At least the execution is good

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

https://twitter.com/TheGeniuneOne/status/1340054281865449472?s=19

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

how do these people always have just the dirt worst twitter names.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Procrastinator posted:

how do these people always have just the dirt worst twitter names.

They're playing the wrestling equivalent of their fursonas

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

I mean, that's an awesome piece of art even if I wouldn't ever get it tattooed on me.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

smikey posted:

They're playing the wrestling equivalent of their fursonas

Grapsona? Ringsona? Wrasslesona?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Carnysona

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Vince MechMahon posted:

Grapsona? Ringsona? Wrasslesona?

E-Feds

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lid posted:

E-Feds

Those were cool and good though.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

I feel like you can pretty much tattoo whatever on your legs and it'll be fine vs. tattoos on your arms/torso/NECK, so this rules

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’d look better without the elite logo and it’s a little rough but that’s an OK Tattoo.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/KairiSaneWWE/status/1339746108474499073

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm still so sad that I was on the half of the arena that didn't get Okada Bucks at All In...

e: I went back and watched his entrance again aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa so good :derp::derp::derp::derp::derp:

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Dec 19, 2020

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Akileese posted:

I mean, that's an awesome piece of art even if I wouldn't ever get it tattooed on me.

Like, I'm no art or tattoo expert or anything, but the legs immediately strike me as wonky. It's like one of his legs atrophied into almost bone

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
What does GO UBYE GOOON HT mean?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Power Windows posted:

He should've been canned, but we're in a pandemic.

lol

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

The one winged angel sighs.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/YoshiTatsuIsm/status/1340106032777871360?s=19

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Don't dox me

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

JOHN CENA posted:

cant believe that guy without a visa wanted to get paid
To elaborate on this a bit:

As Carter even admitted publicly, he didn't have a work visa and, as a result, AEW didn't pay him, but it was a thing everyone agreed to. (I believe he was in the country on a different type of visa.) The problem that made WWE the only option is that, for pro wrestlers, USCIS examiners tend to focus on awards, titles, rankings, etc., even though most of those things are imaginary/fictional. This means that if AEW or Impact wanted to sponsor him for a work visa, they'd be limited to...what, rave reviews of U.S. indie work in a short period of time that may not have been entirely above board as far as USCIS would be concerned? He didn't even have a profile on Cagematch yet, despite working for prominent indies like GCW.

Signing with WWE to work for NXT UK (for now) was the only choice that didn't come with massive risk, and it had the bonus of being where his trainer is a top guy and management favorite with a decent amount of power. Hopefully, the other offers got him enough leverage to get an above-average contract for NXT UK, but going home and working NXT UK tapings that WWE can parlay into an American work visa for him down the road was the only thing that made sense. And when his contract is up, if he wants to go elsewhere, it'll be much more feasible.

It is what it is. Generally, if anyone were to ask my opinion of if a foreign national with options in the U.S. should sign with WWE, I would say no because there are too many stories, both public (like the Cezar Bononi stuff) and otherwise, of weird WWE bullshit where they messed with the international talent. (This is barring a WALTER type of situation where they basically offered him a ton of money to live a slightly modified version of his indie life while still residing in Germany, of course.) But if we're being realistic, Ben Carter didn't have such options.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Bix: I remember the story of Dave writing a letter of recommendation to the US government for Lance Storm to work for Smoky Mountain. How much has the system changed since then? Is that still a thing that happens?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Punch McLightning posted:

Bix: I remember the story of Dave writing a letter of recommendation to the US government for Lance Storm to work for Smoky Mountain. How much has the system changed since then? Is that still a thing that happens?
People like Dave writing a letter for it or the process in general?

I have no idea how many or how few Dave has written; IIRC, Lance is the only one he ever talked about, even before Lance shared that stuff. But Dave is weird when it comes to that kind of stuff, like how Eddie Alvarez kind of sort of used him as an expert witness when he sued Bellator. That's...probably not a thing he should have done, ethically speaking. (I have no idea if he was paid or not, but this wasn't him being called as a witness at trial. It was Dave providing his expert analysis when the lawsuit was filed.) I don't know what the ethics of writing a letter to help with a visa application are, but personally, visa bullshit is one of those things where I don't mind wrestler secrecy and have no problem with being asked for an extra layer of secrecy if the info is shared with me. It's not worth potentially ruining someone's life over a minor pro wrestling scoop.

Also: You can read Dave's letter for Lance in the article I wrote about how ridiculous the visa process is for pro wrestlers: https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/foreign-wrestlers-us-immigration

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Ether way Lance would still end up in a Steel cage.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Lmao

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

No matter what anyone thinks of Dave the dude makes good money covering a thing he's been passionate about for his whole life, is basically considered the authority in his field, and at age 61 he doesn't even need to leave his home office to do it. In what world is that sad?

Basically what I'm saying is goddamn do people on twitter delude themselves.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Benoit’s visa application is public record (from one of the WCW lawsuits, minus redacted personal info) if you want to see all the bullshit they had to submit to let him stay.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Roger Ebert was such a dork, rating movies at his age.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Wezlar posted:

No matter what anyone thinks of Dave the dude makes good money covering a thing he's been passionate about for his whole life, is basically considered the authority in his field, and at age 61 he doesn't even need to leave his home office to do it. In what world is that sad?

Basically what I'm saying is goddamn do people on twitter delude themselves.

What I love about Dave is his how earnest he is. The dude watches Raw every week and somehow still enjoys wrestling, which is an achievement in itself.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I like it when Dave pretends to find the logic in RAW booking while Bryan loses his fuckin mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

D.N. Nation posted:

I like it when Dave pretends to find the logic in RAW booking while Bryan loses his fuckin mind.

I'm finding the dynamic very annoying. Every show has Bryan going "WHY DID WWE DO THE STUPID THING", then someone explains the way WWE thinks as is the job of the show and Bryan responds with "I DON'T CARE"

Ether Bryan needs to stop asking rhetorical questions or everyone else needs to stop answering him.