Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

for reference, Human Events it the Ant-man’s magazine lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Out of Incel Corner and into Incel Digest.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

It's the long way of saying that conservatives should stoke white resentment in order to deflect left-wing demands for racial and economic equality.

Same as it ever was.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/mattbors/status/1339609802377482242?s=21

(click the link for the full comic)

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
lol that punchline was great

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Zeroisanumber posted:

It's the long way of saying that conservatives should stoke white resentment in order to deflect left-wing demands for racial and economic equality.

Same as it ever was.

I thought it was some convoluted "let's own BLM Antifas by using their own tactics against them!".

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Once again, the Russians are the only ones with a good stance on Nazis.

Flavius Aetass posted:

lol that punchline was great

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I would not say Putin is exactly an ally in the fight against reactionary movements.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

I would not say Putin is exactly an ally in the fight against reactionary movements.

Gaupo Guacho
Aug 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

but he's russian, therefore he's a a leftist and an anti-imperialist. bing bing bong.

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

Thank you Mr President for Making America Great Again! USA #1! I shouldn't have to understand other cultures, I'm a god damn American hero.
I thought he was talking about the old-timey Russians they had back in the 40s or whatever

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Stingwing posted:

I thought he was talking about the old-timey Russians they had back in the 40s or whatever

Yes, it was a callback to WWII and the fact that the Russians had to beg everyone else in to get involved against the Nazis.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/parlertakes/status/1339802326580674561?s=21

“my lawyer really doesn’t want me to admit to a hate crime but i did it!!”

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"against the wishes of my attorney" is a phrase that heralds serious bad times coming your way.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Unless the speaker is a right-winger of literally any variety.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

uber_stoat posted:

"against the wishes of my attorney" is a phrase that heralds serious bad times coming your way.
I've known more than a few serious attorneys in my lifetime and they all lament about the same thing: clients who don't heed their wisdom

"do what your lawyer tells you" is pretty solid advice

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Yes, it was a callback to WWII and the fact that the Russians had to beg everyone else in to get involved against the Nazis.

yes, because nothing happened in europe between september 1st 1939 and june 22nd 1941

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Brute Squad posted:

yes, because nothing happened in europe between september 1st 1939 and june 22nd 1941

My American high school history textbook confirms this.
Just kidding, we read Zinn and my best mate was an anarchist and it STILL took me years to become an unhinged leftist

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Tubgoat posted:

Just kidding, we read Zinn and my best mate was an anarchist and it STILL took me years to become an unhinged leftist

did we go to the same high school??

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Mr. Sharps posted:

did we go to the same high school??

One of the Cities, Minnesota?

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Tubgoat posted:

One of the Cities, Minnesota?

nah, glad to hear that i wasnt the only person with zinn on the curriculum though

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Mr. Sharps posted:

nah, glad to hear that i wasnt the only person with zinn on the curriculum though
:respek:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

lol tulsi just dropped an anti-abortion bill

https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/1340113669888368641

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

i'm increasingly confused as to who her audience is supposed to be (and no 'just michael tracy' isn't an answer)

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Office Pig posted:

i'm increasingly confused as to who her audience is supposed to be (and no 'just michael tracy' isn't an answer)

she's setting herself up for a media career, so this is all about getting some cred to get on right wing networks as a democrat turned republican. think that #WalkAway grift that Candace Owens and Charlie Kirk were trying (and failing) to run a while back

wouldn't rule out that this is also her trying to get a spot in the next republican administration too. she was openly flying to DC to meet with Trump's transition team in 2016 (she allegedly wanted Secretary of State) after all

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

didn't tulsi go all in on her presidential run to the point where she didn't run for another term in her house seat?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Agean90 posted:

didn't tulsi go all in on her presidential run to the point where she didn't run for another term in her house seat?

Yes I believe this is her last act as a Congresswoman.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

There’s a fuckton of 🌹 Twitter that also have 🌺 emojis next to their names as well meaning: “I’m a leftist and I love Tulsi.”

I can’t help but think they have Anna Slatz Syndrome. Getting banned from that place was a pretty good deal for me.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Agean90 posted:

Yep, she's no longer shackled by the voters of a D+19 district and she can finally publicly be the reactionary piece of poo poo she's always been just under the surface.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

good fascist doxing thread but this particular bit of absolutely terrible opsec has me rolling

https://twitter.com/antifashgordon/status/1339971012977438721?s=21

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

It’s so weird to see an earnest argument from someone who genuinely believes all the insane poo poo the right says about the left. I always thought it was all just cover and everybody knew.
Half of the reason that poo poo exists is so the rubes can consume it and think they’re smart for reading something with big words

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

FCKGW posted:

good fascist doxing thread but this particular bit of absolutely terrible opsec has me rolling

https://twitter.com/antifashgordon/status/1339971012977438721?s=21

"plz do not doxx dogs thank you"

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Agean90 posted:

she was going to face a serious primary challenge

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Tubgoat posted:

i really just want to know more about the russians begging everyone else to get involved against the nazis in ww2. it seems like a statement worth examining.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Brute Squad posted:

i really just want to know more about the russians begging everyone else to get involved against the nazis in ww2. it seems like a statement worth examining.

https://iowaculture.gov/history/education/educator-resources/primary-source-sets/world-war-ii/memo-joseph-stalin-about

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

quote:

In August 1942, Roosevelt appointed W. Averell Harriman to represent the United States at a conference with British Prime Minister Winston Churchill and Soviet Union leader Joseph Stalin. The Moscow Conference sought a common understanding of Soviet and Anglo-American military plans and was the highest level meeting to that time of the three allies. At the conference, Churchill delivered some unwelcome news. He told Stalin that western military planners had concluded that an Anglo-American invasion of Europe that year was "military folly." The Soviets, however, wanted a "second-front" to relieve Nazi pressure. In response to Churchill, Stalin gave Harriman this memo, condemning the prime minister's decision and arguing that British and American forces were capable of invading Europe in 1942.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Let's not forget that 2/3 Nazi casualties were suffered fighting the Russians.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Let's not forget that 2/3 Nazi casualties were suffered fighting the Russians.

I think that’s more of a testament to the Soviet people than the government, Stalin and Molotov would probably have been very happy to sit the whole war out if that was an option, they certainly tried until the last possible minute.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean no one wanted the war. as there is no real benefit to fighting it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

I think that’s more of a testament to the Soviet people than the government, Stalin and Molotov would probably have been very happy to sit the whole war out if that was an option, they certainly tried until the last possible minute.

TBF I have been saying "The Russians".

Edit: I can't believe I justified a throwaway joke with such absurd detail.